HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL/Refs Conspiracy To Undermine Panthers Organization!!!

Old
11-01-2011, 01:18 PM
Jet
Stand by your man

vCash: 50
Jets fan coming in peace.

I was as shocked as you guys when they allowed that goal last night.

They specifically waived the goal off, and IMHO the video review evidence was inconclusive, which means that the call on ice should have stood - no goal.

The hilarious thing about this thread is, Jets fans feel the exact same way. It seems like the refs have a hate on for us. Maybe it's just all Southeast teams?

Something we have in common I guess. Hope that your season goes well and see you in Winnipeg

11-01-2011, 01:42 PM
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post

They specifically waived the goal off, and IMHO the video review evidence was inconclusive, which means that the call on ice should have stood - no goal.

The hilarious thing about this thread is, Jets fans feel the exact same way. It seems like the refs have a hate on for us. Maybe it's just all Southeast teams?

Something we have in common I guess. Hope that your season goes well and see you in Winnipeg
Bill Lindsay actually explained this one pretty well. The ref behind the net initially waived it off. However, the refs got together to discuss and changed the call on the ice before going to review. So effectively the "on-ice call" was a goal. They then went to the war room in TO to verify the call and didn't have enough to overturn so the goal stood up as good.

That said, I think it was a highstick when the puck made contact (but I'm biased).

Desert Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 01:46 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:

Thanks for posting!

In regards to last night, Toronto claims the refs changed it to a good goal BEFORE going to video, which shifted the burden of inconclusiveness. It was close iether way I dont have a problem with that. The changing of opinion on ice was unique.

In general, I think original 6 teams get a concious or unconcious bias, and I notice my 2nd team gets more than their fare share of calls. I am also of the opinion that more vociferous coaches get better calls over the long run, as I subscribe to " the squeeky wheel.." theory.

Please come by anytime!

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 02:04 PM
Erick

Quote:

Well, whatever the case is, I just think it's hilarious that Winnipeg is in the Southeast!

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 03:24 PM
Holy Jokinen

I think it's hilarious that this thread is still open.

Holy Jokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 03:46 PM
Jet
Stand by your man

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Well, whatever the case is, I just think it's hilarious that Winnipeg is in the Southeast!
I know... it was a huge WHAAAAAA? moment for me when they announced they would be playing in the SE this year.

I like it because we get one year to see a tonne of Eastern Conference teams before we shift back to the West.

Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 04:01 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Spot on posts Acadmus!

I think the bad call in our favor a few nights ago was one removed from the hundred-ish calls, crappy or worse, against us over the last 10 years..

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 06:38 PM
jol

It happens, also in Tennis, draws are fixed, so why not in nhl.

http://www.sportandeu.com/2011/10/sp...s-tournaments/

JOL

jol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 07:06 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Soooo...if they changed the call on the ice before making the call, isn't it their burden to allow the fans, and the teams playing (moreso) know that it went from a no goal to a goal?? They didn't acknowledge that at all until we were all scratching our heads to the final call.

They screwed up. But, it does happen to every team.

11-01-2011, 07:39 PM
DiMaGa
F.L.A. ALL DAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie72 View Post
For the lazy:

(At least) three years of missing out on the playoffs because of those phantom calls, I can see why this thread was started. I hate them. I'm the dude with the "Mr.Fix It/Blind Ref Cartoon" sign at the penguins games.
Lol, that's freaking terrible.

DiMaGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 07:41 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

I wasn't going to say anything but since you guys brought up this thread again I will....

Anyone else see the clock not stop at the end of the 2nd period while we were on a PP? The play stopped at around 35sec left and clock kept running. When it was all said and done when the puck was dropped for the faceoff the clock started at 24sec left and when the period ended there were still 6sec showing on the clock. Not sure if those 17 extra seconds would have gotten us a goal or not but we ended the period with the puck in the offensive zone on the PP so at the very least we would have probably have got a couple more good chances. Just saying.

And the high sticking penalty on Kulikov was deserved but mr. ref did you not see Kulikov get high sticked simultaneously?

Last edited by Beezer: 11-01-2011 at 07:49 PM.
Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 07:48 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
I wasn't going to say anything but since you guys brought up this thread again I will....

Anyone else see the clock not stop at the end of the 2nd period while we were on a PP? The play stopped at around 35sec left and clock kept running. When it was all said and done when the puck was dropped for the faceoff the clock started at 24sec left and when the period ended there were still 6sec showing on the clock. Not sure if those 17 extra seconds would have gotten us a goal or not but we ended the period with the puck in the offensive zone so at the very least we would have probably have got a couple more good chances. Just saying.

And the high sticking penalty on Kulikov was deserved but mr. ref did you not see Kulikov get high sticked simultaneously?
Clock was a TV malfunction, NHL won't allow 5 seconds to remain and it not be played.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 07:51 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Clock was a TV malfunction, NHL won't allow 5 seconds to remain and it not be played.
Agree it was a tv malfunction but when the play ended there were 35sec left. and we didn't play another 35sec in that period.

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 08:03 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
Agree it was a tv malfunction but when the play ended there were 35sec left. and we didn't play another 35sec in that period.
Well, that screws both teams, doesn't benefit one over the other.

Did think the Kuli call was ridiculous considering they had like 4 calls not called against them. Just be consistent.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 08:08 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Jokinen View Post
I think it's hilarious that this thread is still open.
Not singling out this poster (please no PM - it's not aimed at you), but posting in a thread questioning the validity of the thread is by HFBoards rules (read them) an infractionable offense.

Just a general public service announcement for when you leave the friendly(?) confines of the Panthers board.

The official word is: if you don't like a thread, don't post in it.

angry_treefrog is offline   Reply With Quote