HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

(Nov. 3) JVR and Read will not play vs. N.J; Holmstrom sent to AHL

Old
11-01-2011, 12:48 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
People give Walker a real hard time. He is what he is and personally I think he filled in just fine for a #6.
Not really... he has looked terrible in every game...

Gustafsson is doing a better job. Shows with his icetime. Actually just noticed he has more icetime then Lilja does also. Wonder what happens when Pronger is back.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 01:40 PM
mirimon

Quote:
People give Walker a real hard time. He is what he is and personally I think he filled in just fine for a #6.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post

Gustafsson is doing a better job. Shows with his icetime. Actually just noticed he has more icetime then Lilja does also. Wonder what happens when Pronger is back.
Walker had a pretty solid training camp, he looked decent in the preseason games, but the games he's played in the regular season has been pretty brutal.

I still think that if he would only be paid like the 6/7th dman he is, he could be up. Sure he makes some really stupid decisions out there from time to time, and his positioning isn't the best, but you can't expect your 6/7th dman to be perfect. Had it not been for the cap, I think I would prefer him over Lilja personally.

I hope Gustafsson seizes this opportunity, and claims the 6th spot now. I don't think he's been a revelation or anything the two games he's had so far, but at least he's been better than Lilja. I hope he can show that he's reliable enough in our own zone, and strong enough in front of goal, so that he stays on when Pronger returns.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 02:15 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
Walker had a pretty solid training camp, he looked decent in the preseason games, but the games he's played in the regular season has been pretty brutal.

I still think that if he would only be paid like the 6/7th dman he is, he could be up. Sure he makes some really stupid decisions out there from time to time, and his positioning isn't the best, but you can't expect your 6/7th dman to be perfect. Had it not been for the cap, I think I would prefer him over Lilja personally.

I hope Gustafsson seizes this opportunity, and claims the 6th spot now. I don't think he's been a revelation or anything the two games he's had so far, but at least he's been better than Lilja. I hope he can show that he's reliable enough in our own zone, and strong enough in front of goal, so that he stays on when Pronger returns.
That's all I was saying. By no means was he very good, but what did you really expect?

11-01-2011, 02:16 PM
SolidSnakeUS

I can say that this is one Z to be proud of .

Seriously, I can't wait to see what he can do. Also, I hope Couturier takes Read's center position on the 3rd line.

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 02:44 PM
SgtJoseph

Looking forward to seeing the Z man again.......Really like the energy he brings to a line etc.

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 03:08 PM
TheSpectrum

Starting to worry a little about Briere. Originally it was said to be a one game thing and now he is out again. At least it is not the vaunted groin injury which Briere’s had in the past

TheSpectrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 04:19 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpectrum View Post
Starting to worry a little about Briere. Originally it was said to be a one game thing and now he is out again. At least it is not the vaunted groin injury which Briere’s had in the past
I think its an upper-body injury.

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 04:47 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:

I disagree with you on the Ottawa game. I thought he played very well for us that game. That being said he has not played well as of late. So it was time to send him down.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 04:52 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:

He has not looked like anything special. If he is going to stick he needs to do it with his offense, Because defensively he is overwhelmed right now. Watch his crease play. He gets muscled right out. Kid has wheels though.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 05:07 PM
mirimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
He has not looked like anything special. If he is going to stick he needs to do it with his offense, Because defensively he is overwhelmed right now. Watch his crease play. He gets muscled right out. Kid has wheels though.
I don't know, I think it's the other way around. With Pronger, Timonen, Carle and Meszaros already on d, we aren't in a desperate need to get some more offense from our d (not that it would hurt), so if he wants to stay he needs to show that he can handle the defensive aspects better. As you say, he's being outmuscled, not just in front of the crease, but along the boards as well. I would like to see him play with someone other than Carle the next couple of games though, they are much too soft together as a unit.

Again, I think he's been better than Lilja (and Walker) so far, so it's not as if he's been a complete disaster and clearly not ready.

Old
11-01-2011, 05:11 PM
RespectTheCouts
He Eats Souls

From now on I'm getting all my Flyers news from MSE, dude's a pimp shoooo nufffff

RespectTheCouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 05:26 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by RespectTheMajor View Post
From now on I'm getting all my Flyers news from MSE, dude's a pimp shoooo nufffff
I'm fairly certain he's Ed Snider or someone extremely high up in the organization. Brilliant man, indeed.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 05:28 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
[/B]

And this isnt because your a super Walker fan right? Honestly his defensive play has been VERY good, his offensive play has been lacking. His first pass is tremendous though, but thats what has always been good about him. Obviously he hasnt looked SUPER good, but he has been better than Walker and Lilja easily. Those two are big and cant clear the crease.

Old
11-01-2011, 05:30 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
I disagree with you on the Ottawa game. I thought he played very well for us that game. That being said he has not played well as of late. So it was time to send him down.
Every single beat writer from Bill M to Timmy P to even BSH where he has TONS of fans (or did) said he looked bad. Honestly, your the only one that I have read that thought he played well.

Old
11-01-2011, 05:33 PM
Flyerfan4life

Quote:
I'm fairly certain he's Ed Snider or someone extremely high up in the organization. Brilliant man, indeed.
im pretty certain he is HAL 9000 from 2001 a space oddessy.

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 05:35 PM
mirimon

Quote:
Pshhh... If MSE was a high-ranking member of the organization, there wouldn't have been so many ****ups these past couple of years.

Old
11-01-2011, 05:38 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Pshhh... If MSE was a high-ranking member of the organization, there wouldn't have been so many ****ups these past couple of years.
You're absolutely right. I do think he was a supervisor for the 09-10 campaign.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 05:47 PM
mirimon

Quote:
You're absolutely right. I do think he was a supervisor for the 09-10 campaign.
So... which mod was in charge of the goalie situation? Beef, where you a mod back then?

Old
11-01-2011, 05:56 PM
jb**

Quote:
And this isnt because your a super Walker fan right? Honestly his defensive play has been VERY good, his offensive play has been lacking. His first pass is tremendous though, but thats what has always been good about him. Obviously he hasnt looked SUPER good, but he has been better than Walker and Lilja easily. Those two are big and cant clear the crease.
many people have a different definition of very good it appears. the next kimmo timmonen i suppose.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 05:57 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Nah, that wasn't me.

11-01-2011, 06:04 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandals View Post
many people have a different definition of very good it appears. the next kimmo timmonen i suppose.
Guess so. Never said the next Kimmo Timonen though. I do think he has the potential as a #4 though. That being said, he has been better defensively than last season. How is your boy Klotz doing

Old
11-01-2011, 06:17 PM
jb**

Quote:
Guess so. Never said the next Kimmo Timonen though. I do think he has the potential as a #4 though. That being said, he has been better defensively than last season. How is your boy Klotz doing
well you have your opinion. dont see anything that leads me to believe he can be a #4 dman. Carle is a#4 dman and carle is light years better than him. how is klotz my boy? where do you come up with that garbage?

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 06:44 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandals View Post
well you have your opinion. dont see anything that leads me to believe he can be a #4 dman. Carle is a#4 dman and carle is light years better than him. how is klotz my boy? where do you come up with that garbage?
We disagreed in the past regarding TONS of prospects and we still disagree. Its alright. Anyway, I can see Gus as a #4. I disagree if you think he's "light years" ahead.

Old
11-01-2011, 07:12 PM
Snipsnap12

Quote:
We disagreed in the past regarding TONS of prospects and we still disagree. Its alright. Anyway, I can see Gus as a #4. I disagree if you think he's "light years" ahead.
At this point carle is certainly in a different league...he does not get enough credit from most flyer fans. As for Gus I feel like he can be a Kimmo lite someday.

Snipsnap12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 07:16 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush28 View Post
At this point carle is certainly in a different league...he does not get enough credit from most flyer fans. As for Gus I feel like he can be a Kimmo lite someday.
Eh, Carle is what he is. A average #4. Stats and play both show it. Obviously Gus and Carle arent on the same level or Gus would be a regular, but "light years". Dont know about that one.