HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

MZA back to Modo?

Old
11-02-2011, 07:53 AM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
They can call him up in case of an injury or bad play from their other forwards.

Don't see the latter happening, maybe the first.

Quote:
The Rangers will qualify Zuccarello next summer to retain his rights.
And why would they make a qualifying offer for a player that they (if true) recommend buying a Hartford flat? On the other hand, it seems about right, as buying a flat is more of a long term investment. No way he's gonna be in Hartford after this season has passed, so that means he would go to Europe with NY having the rights for him, effectively blocking his NHL career? Unless Torts got a change of philosphy, of course. The rules are not exactly intuitive, but this experiment appears less and less noble by the day.

Edit: On the other hand. If he was a slacker and the Rangers truly believed he would accept a qualifying offer and buy an appartment, they would hesitate to give it to him? So he should buy himself a flat and a very long fishing rod and start hanging out with Redden. That should do it.

Still a bit confused concerning the rules vs the salaries included in the qualifying offer though. Does that imply a 1,75 M deal?

Ryman should stop babbling about Sweden though. He's the one that scouted down the Torts and Mats match over 5-6 other initiatives to begin with. Get to work in the N.A.

Last edited by Ilovemymum: 11-02-2011 at 08:08 AM.
Ilovemymum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 08:00 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Zuccarello can't be a group III until 27 in the current CBA. If the age of group III is raised in the next CBA,Zucca won't be a group III until he reaches that age. The Rangers QO doesn't expire after 1 season if Zucca signs in Europe for 12-13.

Zuccarello's NHLPA certified agents Newport Sports and Slats haven't said anything about Zuccarello. No stories in the NY papers. All of the nonsense is coming from the Swedish media and the European agent.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 08:17 AM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

Quote:
Zuccarello can't be a group III until 27 in the current CBA. If the age of group III is raised in the next CBA,Zucca won't be a group III until he reaches that age. The Rangers QO doesn't expire after 1 season if Zucca signs in Europe for 12-13.

Zuccarello's NHLPA certified agents Newport Sports and Slats haven't said anything about Zuccarello. No stories in the NY papers. All of the nonsense is coming from the Swedish media and the European agent.
So how much will he make if he accepts the Qualifying Offer and plays in CT Whale for the 12/13 season? (Not that he would.)

Old
11-02-2011, 08:20 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Why wouldn't the Rangers retain Zuccarello's rights? If Zucca wants to leave for Europe next summer after just 2 years in North America,that's his choice. The Rangers would be protecting an asset as outlined in the CBA. The Rangers and all of the NHL teams tell most of the players in the AHL to find an apartment and get out of the hotel. "Rent". Not buy.

Old
11-02-2011, 08:29 AM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
This.
It's pure speculation from Swedish media and agent Rydman needs to learn to say "no comment" when approched by newspapers.

Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 08:35 AM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

Quote:
Why wouldn't the Rangers retain Zuccarello's rights? If Zucca wants to leave for Europe next summer after just 2 years in North America,that's his choice. The Rangers would be protecting an asset as outlined in the CBA. The Rangers and all of the NHL teams tell most of the players in the AHL to find an apartment and get out of the hotel. "Rent". Not buy.
It's all depending on how much they would have to pay if he accepts, something not entirely clear to me. If they can't use him now, and they can't trade him for any value, and need to feed him next season as well, implied he would accept the QO, without his trade value likely being any different than this year.

In other words, do all AHL -Europeans receive QOers at the end of their contracts in order for the NHL clubs to retain their rights when they leave?

Old
11-02-2011, 08:45 AM
SixGoalieSystem
Eat all the bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
This.
It's pure speculation from Swedish media and agent Rydman needs to learn to say "no comment" when approched by newspapers.
Too many pundits and scandinavian hockey fans are simply panicking because their golden boy hasn't been the revelation they thought he would become. There are some who think his spot on the top line should be a given and that if he only got the minutes, he'd be a ppg player.

There are some who actually believe he's among the top 10 passers in the league and that the only thing holding him back is Torts and The Rangers "boring hockey". Now they're going: "Trade him to Detroit or Vancouver", as if he would be an obvious fit in the top six for any of those teams.

I hope he makes it, and I hope it's with the Rangers. But if he doesn't, it's not because of anyone but himself.

SixGoalieSystem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 08:50 AM
Slayem
Lucky Zuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikElite View Post
Too many pundits and scandinavian hockey fans are simply panicking because their golden boy hasn't been the revelation they thought he would become. There are some who think his spot on the top line should be a given and that if he only got the minutes, he'd be a ppg player.

There are some who actually believe he's among the top 10 passers in the league and that the only thing holding him back is Torts and The Rangers "boring hockey". Now they're going: "Trade him to Detroit or Vancouver", as if he would be an obvious fit in the top six for any of those teams.

I hope he makes it, and I hope it's with the Rangers. But if he doesn't, it's not because of anyone but himself.

Says the guy from Trondheim

Slayem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 08:51 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
I hope the Rangers trade him so SEL and Euro fans stop whining about his "treatment".

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 08:52 AM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikElite View Post

I firmly believe in all of the above. Zucc is messias (for Norwegian hockey at least).

Last edited by Ilovemymum: 11-02-2011 at 09:16 AM.
Old
11-02-2011, 08:55 AM
SixGoalieSystem
Eat all the bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interesting Cat View Post
Says the guy from Trondheim
Your point being?

SixGoalieSystem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 09:01 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerJack View Post
If the rumor is right, that he has been told to get an apartment, the message from the Rangers is clear. He is not in their plans, and he should definetly demand a trade.
He's only an injury away from getting another shot. The recent play of Wolski and the return of Avery definitely doesn't help his cause, but if Wolski aggravates that groin, a call-up to play with Stepan and Gabby could be the chance he needs to really show what he can do.

I think the player and team are more positive about the situation than the fans. The Rangers have demonstrated that they're not afraid to exploit the waiver exempt status of a player and believe in the value building confidence in Hartford. It's worked for people like Sauer. It appears that it may have worked for Del Zotto. It can work for Mats too.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 09:03 AM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I hope the Rangers trade him so SEL and Euro fans stop whining about his "treatment".
And still you willingly read treads where you will be exposed to this "whining"?
For someone who I understand is studying law, and I therefore presume is reasonably intelligent, you seem to make some dumb choices.

Old
11-02-2011, 09:08 AM
KenGuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post

Who wouldnt be whining for being back-up for trash/crap like Dubinsky , Stepan, Wolski, Christensen, Avery, Fedotenko and Boyle ?

KenGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 09:24 AM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
He's only an injury away from getting another shot. The recent play of Wolski and the return of Avery definitely doesn't help his cause, but if Wolski aggravates that groin, a call-up to play with Stepan and Gabby could be the chance he needs to really show what he can do.

I think the player and team are more positive about the situation than the fans. The Rangers have demonstrated that they're not afraid to exploit the waiver exempt status of a player and believe in the value building confidence in Hartford. It's worked for people like Sauer. It appears that it may have worked for Del Zotto. It can work for Mats too.
Sounds about right. Think Torts doing ok by sending him down instead of benching him. If his agent could just stop the speculation, he would have some value. Next thing is the Norwegian media making up stories, and they can't even write their own name correctly.

Old
11-02-2011, 09:33 AM
Ola

Quote:
Zuccarello has a valid SPC. Where is he going? He can't bolt to play somewhere else. The NHL-IIHF respect each others contracts. The NHL and KHL have the same understanding. Players already under contract are not allowed to play in another league without permission. Zuccarello is an asset to the Rangers. They can call him up in case of an injury or bad play from their other forwards. Or the Rangers could include Zuccarello in a deal for another player. His $1.75M cap hit with no bonus cushion is another issue. Maybe when his performance bonuses become unreachable,the Rangers could bring him up. Zuccarello is still waiver exempt so the Rangers hold the cards here.

The Rangers will qualify Zuccarello next summer to retain his rights.
I hate these thread because i) its not a rumor in any way. Period.

Näslund, the GM of a struggling MoDo, tells the media that he is investigating the possibility to get Zucc back to them. That's his job. Thats no suprise. I can even inform you that I am sure that all teams in europe constantly stay in touch with their products in the NHL.

A rumor in some way indicate a bigger chance of something actually taking place, because there is talks about it. If we get a rumor Slats is talking to X gm about a player, in a sense its interesting. But thats not the case with Näslund desperately calling Slats about Zucc, since, like RB explains, Näslund has no leverege whatsoever on the situation (when Slats call someone he can offer him just about everything and since everyone have a prize, its somewhat interesting).

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 09:43 AM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I hate these thread because i) its not a rumor in any way. Period.

Näslund, the GM of a struggling MoDo, tells the media that he is investigating the possibility to get Zucc back to them. That's his job. Thats no suprise. I can even inform you that I am sure that all teams in europe constantly stay in touch with their products in the NHL.

A rumor in some way indicate a bigger chance of something actually taking place, because there is talks about it. If we get a rumor Slats is talking to X gm about a player, in a sense its interesting. But thats not the case with Näslund desperately calling Slats about Zucc, since, like RB explains, Näslund has no leverege whatsoever on the situation (when Slats call someone he can offer him just about everything and since everyone have a prize, its somewhat interesting).
- Norrmannen ska dessutom enligt Sportbladets uppgifter ha blivit tillsagd att skaffa sig en lägenhet i Hartford, där Connecticut Whale är stationerat. Ett tydligt tecken på att vägen tillbaka till NHL är lång. Mats Zuccarello uppges inte alls var speciellt intresserad av att tillbringa säsongen i farmarligan.

- The Norwegian is also under Sportbladets data have been told to get an apartment in Hartford, where Connecticut Whale is stationed. A clear sign that the way back to the NHL is long. Mats Zuccarello said no way was particularly interested to spend the season in the minor league.

I think the article tells more than just Naslund being interested in him, but agree that I don't think it has a lot of credibility to it, or read to much into it. Him not wanting to stay in the NHL doesn't necessairly mean more than him wanting to play for Rangers. The appartment stuff is apperantly not really newsworthy at all, according to R.B.

Old
11-02-2011, 09:53 AM
Superstar Carwash

Quote:
Again a non-story, nothing but speculation. What the article says is: IF Zuccarello chooses to go back to Sweden there are several clubs interested.
Why wouldnt they be?

This tread is posted as a rumor, when in fact is all spectulation and tabloid BS.
Mats himself has gone on record saying several times that he is determined to play in the NHL, and he knows better than anyone that the way to achive his goal of NHL play is through playing as hard as he can in the Whale until A) he gets called up B) he gets traded to a different team who will give him top 6 minutes C) his contract with NYR is up and he can sign a one way contract with a different team
His agent going on record saying that Zuccarello is not interested spending the season in AHL, and the fact that he's been told to get an apartment in Hartford is pretty much news worthy to me.

Guess what? Things change, what was news yesterday might be old news today. If he still IS determined to stay in the AHL, maybe he should rein his agent in a bit.

Superstar Carwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 09:59 AM
Superstar Carwash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I hate these thread because i) its not a rumor in any way. Period..
And I agree with you. I stated earlier in this thread that I wished the prefix to be changed to "news article" or something as I don't seem to be able to do it myself.

It's speculation. Nothing more, nothing less.

Old
11-02-2011, 10:04 AM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
His agent going on record saying that Zuccarello is not interested spending the season in AHL, and the fact that he's been told to get an apartment in Hartford is pretty much news worthy to me.
What I read into that statement is that MZA is not happy being in the AHL, and will do what he can to make the NYR. Not that he is skipping out and leaving NA. I do not see anywhere in the article where it says he is.

Old
11-02-2011, 10:10 AM
Superstar Carwash

Quote:
What I read into that statement is that MZA is not happy being in the AHL, and will do what he can to make the NYR. Not that he is skipping out and leaving NA. I do not see anywhere in the article where it says he is.
Fair enough. I read it as he's not willing to stay the rest of the season in the AHL, but it's not exactly unheard of of media bending words to make stories more interesting than they are.

Regardless, I think he will stay the season and that he rejects any qualifying offer to become a RFA.

Old
11-02-2011, 10:30 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashiva View Post
And I agree with you. I stated earlier in this thread that I wished the prefix to be changed to "news article" or something as I don't seem to be able to do it myself.
Agreed and changed.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 10:40 AM
Superstar Carwash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Agreed and changed.
Thanks, much appreciated!

Old
11-02-2011, 10:47 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Same situation came up last season with Zuccarello. He was sent to the minors and there was a report from Europe about Zucca returning to Sweden.

Zucca was called up in December. Its only November 2. Its a long season. They say a team knows what type of team they have and what they need at US Thanksgiving. 20-25 games have been played.

Old
11-02-2011, 10:50 AM
Artemia

It's funny how our top national team line with Thoresen, Vikingstad and zuccarello dominates pretty much every shift in WC/Olympics yet none of them are supposedly good enough for NHL.

Well, Vikingstad chose to play in Germany over NHL I believe. He could definitely been doing well in NHL.

Artemia is offline   Reply With Quote