HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-02-2011, 09:15 AM
bsl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habnot View Post
If I had a nickle for every time Leblanc gets disrespected....
You'd have a dime.

Old
11-02-2011, 10:02 AM
habsfan92

Quote:
Some were close,

Gabriel Dumont- 93 pts in 62 games with the Volts ('09-'10)
Duncan Milroy- 92 pts in 68 games with Swift Current ('00-'01)
Ryan White- 89 pts in 72 games with Hitmen ('06-'07)
Yes, good old Sergei. Seems like a long time ago. Gallagher seems a good candidate.

Old
11-02-2011, 11:34 AM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
Leblanc ceiling is Kesler. He'll likely end up a more physical Bergeron.
I'm sorry, I highly doubt Leblanc's ceiling is a 40 goals scoring physically dominant centre. We're talking about the best 2nd line centre in the league (I don't count Malkin).

Fisher is the kind of guy any team wants (although he is overpaid). Amazing 3rd liner, borderline 2nd liner.

I'm hoping to see him centre Bournival and Kristo next season in Hamilton.

Old
11-02-2011, 11:51 AM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I'm sorry, I highly doubt Leblanc's ceiling is a 40 goals scoring physically dominant centre. We're talking about the best 2nd line centre in the league (I don't count Malkin).

Fisher is the kind of guy any team wants (although he is overpaid). Amazing 3rd liner, borderline 2nd liner.

I'm hoping to see him centre Bournival and Kristo next season in Hamilton.
I'm sorry, but I don't get what people don't understand here. The ceiling of a prospect is if he gets to his full potential every aspect of his game. Leblanc is really good along the boards, good hands, good touch around the net, good release, great two presence and he is a good skater. If he takes all those aspect of his game the greatest level he is capable of achieving, he will turn into a Kesler type of player.

So, his ceiling is Kesler. It's not what he is probably gonna be.

Also, calling Kesler and Malkin second liners because someone else on their team is the first center is soooooo wrong. Both are first line centers on every teams, including contenders.

Old
11-02-2011, 11:57 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
I'm sorry, but I don't get what people don't understand here. The ceiling of a prospect is if he gets to his full potential every aspect of his game. Leblanc is really good along the boards, good hands, good touch around the net, good release, great two presence and he is a good skater. If he takes all those aspect of his game the greatest level he is capable of achieving, he will turn into a Kesler type of player.

So, his ceiling is Kesler. It's not what he is probably gonna be.

Also, calling Kesler and Malkin second liners because someone else on their team is the first center is soooooo wrong. Both are first line centers on every teams, including contenders.
I agree with your last sentence, but i still don't see a Kesler ceiling for Leblanc. Kesler is bigger, stronger, and faster than Leblanc will ever be. He just doesn't have that upside. Leblancs ceiling is a 60 or so points a season type player, perhaps somewhere between a head on straight Higgins and a Bergeron. Kesler is one of the best centers in the game, Leblanc will never be that.

You can argue the definition of ceiling, but you gotta be realistic. There's pretty much no chance in hell Leblanc is ever a Ryan Kesler type of force in the NHL. It's these outlandish and homerish projections that result in a failure on the players part to meet the fanbases expectations.

Old
11-02-2011, 12:01 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
I agree with your last sentence, but i still don't see a Kesler ceiling for Leblanc. Kesler is bigger, stronger, and faster than Leblanc will ever be. He just doesn't have that upside. Leblancs ceiling is a 60 or so points a season type player, perhaps somewhere between a head on straight Higgins and a Bergeron. Kesler is one of the best centers in the game, Leblanc will never be that.

You can argue the definition of ceiling, but you gotta be realistic. There's pretty much no chance in hell Leblanc is ever a Ryan Kesler type of force in the NHL. It's these outlandish and homerish projections that result in a failure on the players part to meet the fanbases expectations.
I think he does have a chance, a very slim one, but he does. He is that kind of player, both mentally and physically. He's one inch smaller than Kesler and he is far from done with filling out his body. If everything goes right (and it never does) he can turn into a Kesler type.

It's the same thing as saying Avtsin is the next Ovechkin. All the tools to do it, but will he?

Old
11-02-2011, 12:06 PM
Ayatollah Chowmeini

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Patrick Roy said he was one of the most complete D's in the league, with Ellis and Gormley.
Our Ellis? As in Morgan?

Old
11-02-2011, 12:12 PM
Roulin

Quote:
It's the same thing as saying Avtsin is the next Ovechkin. All the tools to do it, but will he?
I don't think that's the analogy you want to hang your argument on. While I disagree with the Kesler/Leblanc comp, at least Kesler was a late bloomer. When Ovechkin was Avtsyn's age, he was scoring 50 goals in the NHL.

Closed Thread