HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

MZA back to Modo?

Old
11-02-2011, 11:06 AM
haveandare

vCash: 500
He's a prospect. Being former SEL MVP doesn't change that. Like many other prospects, he's still learning how to convert his game from his old league to the NHL. He's made huge strides but he's still not there. He needs top 9 minutes and right now those spots aren't open on the NYR team. Thats how being a prospect works - you either force your way in by absolutely dominating the minor league or you wait until someone at your position falters or gets hurt. I think some people are holding him to a higher standard because of his SEL performance but a prospect is a prospect - they all go through the same process. He's free to go to another team if he wants but I think he should stay in the NHL. He'll be a good NHL player in time - hopefully for the Rangers but who knows? RW looks pretty set for a while with Gaborik, Callahan, Prust but LW isn't nearly set in stone, if Feds or WW falter I think we'll see MZA in before too long.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 12:12 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

I do not think he is going to stick around here. He is gone in the offseason, where he will become Marty St. Louis for some other team, and probably a rival. This happens more then normal with the Rangers.

I like Zucca and think he deserves a spot on this team. He did everything that was asked of him this offseason and came in a lot faster and better on his skates. Despite that, he is down with the Whale. I really believe that he is being mismanaged. He has not even gotten a shot with in the top-6.

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 12:21 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBergy86 View Post
I like Zucca and think he deserves a spot on this team. He did everything that was asked of him this offseason and came in a lot faster and better on his skates. Despite that, he is down with the Whale. I really believe that he is being mismanaged. He has not even gotten a shot with in the top-6.
Since the end of the preseason this team has been completely mis-managed.

I'm turning into a broken record but until Feds-Boyle-Prust is this teams fourth line it's going to be tough. There's a spot for Zuccarello to get top 9 minutes it just won't happen until Torts realizes that it's there.

WW - Stepan - Gaborik
Dubi - Richards - Cally
Avery - Anisimov - Zuccarello
Feds - Boyle - Prust
EC, Rupp

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 12:39 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post

I'm turning into a broken record but until Feds-Boyle-Prust is this teams fourth line it's going to be tough. There's a spot for Zuccarello to get top 9 minutes it just won't happen until Torts realizes that it's there.

WW - Stepan - Gaborik
Dubi - Richards - Cally
Feds - Boyle - Prust
EC, Rupp
What sucks for MZA is, if Richards started the season with Dubi and Cally, Mats probably jumps on a line with Gabby as soon as a WW injures his groin.

Tough to make an argument for cutting Fedotenko's or Prust's minutes even though it looks right on paper.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 12:45 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtranova View Post
Im just hoping Torts goes before him. If that happens, a new coach might come in to give him proper minutes and play him like he is supposed to. If we let him go it will be a WASTE of talent. Consider how we always win our matches, outshoot opponents and dominate the league in creativity
I never understand this mentality. He's been given ample opportunity to prove himself worthy to KEEP top 9 minutes. You earn time on the Rangers, I think it's pretty clear in a lot of cases...Derek Stepan is prime example...not many would've thought he made the jump straight to the Rangers. Michael Sauer is another good example under Torts...most thought he was pretty much gone.

But yet, when guys don't earn the spot, they're "not given a fair shot" when I've seen Zuccarello get plenty of ice time and plenty of chances to show the team that he should be in the lineup every night.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 12:47 PM
haveandare

Quote:

WW - Stepan - Gaborik
Dubi - Richards - Cally
Feds - Boyle - Prust
EC, Rupp
I disagree. I don't think everything is as clear cut as we might think. I doubt torts says "this line is our fourth line tonight in instead of our third line" - the line that is best at whatever is needed at a particular point in the game gets to play at that time. Fed - Boyle - Prust has become our energy line and a solid defensive line. Since the team has been sort of dead recently that line is getting a lot of time.

MZA getting minutes is not the first priority when the coach makes lines. Sure, there is a way to make it happen but the team shouldn't be structured so that one player who hasn't done a ton to impress can get the minutes that he needs. He has 5 points in 4 AHL games - thats a good start but that's not even close to the kind of production that warrants lines being structured around the guy.

Bottom line, in my opinion, if MZA is ready for consistent top 9 minutes in the NHL he will show it by tearing up the A and he will be back. I'm sure people will still complain that he's not getting a chance even if he doesn't earn one but those complaints will be unfounded for me. Improving over the off season is great - reacting to criticism in a positive way is great - however, those things alone don't earn you a spot on an NHL scoring line. You need to prove that you can score consistently.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 12:53 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
Bottom line, in my opinion, if MZA is ready for consistent top 9 minutes in the NHL he will show it by tearing up the A and he will be back. I'm sure people will still complain that he's not getting a chance even if he doesn't earn one but those complaints will be unfounded for me. Improving over the off season is great - reacting to criticism in a positive way is great - however, those things alone don't earn you a spot on an NHL scoring line. You need to prove that you can score consistently.
I totally agree with this. If he continues to impress in the AHL, his time will come.
He got another two assists today and is now 3 and 4 for 7 points in 5 games.

Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 12:55 PM
Norwegian
Pitbull Sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
I never understand this mentality. He's been given ample opportunity to prove himself worthy to KEEP top 9 minutes. You earn time on the Rangers, I think it's pretty clear in a lot of cases...Derek Stepan is prime example...not many would've thought he made the jump straight to the Rangers. Michael Sauer is another good example under Torts...most thought he was pretty much gone.

But yet, when guys don't earn the spot, they're "not given a fair shot" when I've seen Zuccarello get plenty of ice time and plenty of chances to show the team that he should be in the lineup every night.

When and where did u see that?

Norwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 01:10 PM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Like I said before, patience and point production is AHL will give him some positive attention from both Rangers and other NHL teams...

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 02:11 PM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

Interesting article yesterday in a Norwegian newspaper which answers a few questions about Zuccarello and his situation.

As usual you'll have some fun while reading a Google translated article..

http://translate.google.com/translat...95.ece&act=url

Wolfy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 03:28 PM
HockeyBurd*

Quote:
He is gone in the offseason, where he will become Marty St. Louis for some other team
Because they are both short. I see what you did there.

HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 03:31 PM
beastly115

Quote:
I do not think he is going to stick around here. He is gone in the offseason, where he will become Marty St. Louis for some other team, and probably a rival. This happens more then normal with the Rangers.

Really? Who have we given up on that became the next St. Louis?

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 03:42 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaQUp View Post
Really? Who have we given up on that became the next St. Louis?
Agreed, would love to know the historical basis for this. One of the biggest misconceptions of the last 15 years or so is the belief that the Rangers have let so many good players go. Where? Where are they?

The inconvenient truth is they've largely been ****** at drafting and signing undrafted talent.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 04:44 PM
kovazub94
Enigmatic

Quote:

WW - Stepan - Gaborik
Dubi - Richards - Cally
Feds - Boyle - Prust
EC, Rupp
I like these lines as well but as haveandare pointed it out - noone is going to give Anisimov and his wings top 9 minutes until they show consistent production when they get opportunity. Until then it is 4th line minutes for Artie and MZA have to continue to be productive in AHL and wait for another chance in NHL.

kovazub94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 04:51 PM
Superstar Carwash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
Interesting article yesterday in a Norwegian newspaper which answers a few questions about Zuccarello and his situation.

Good article, although I found this; "The problem for Zuccarello is that coach John Tortorella wants to keep their top three ranks intact." quite funny and ironic.

Nevertheless, a good article and I'm glad they mentioned that what Aftonbladet spewed out is complete ********. I rarely trust anything that sad excuse of a newspaper writes unless it's from reliable writers, of which they have very few.

Sort of make me want to apologize for posting the news articles, but I figured that people might want to know about it anyway.

Superstar Carwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 04:51 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Agreed, would love to know the historical basis for this. One of the biggest misconceptions of the last 15 years or so is the belief that the Rangers have let so many good players go. Where? Where are they?

The inconvenient truth is they've largely been ****** at drafting and signing undrafted talent.
Savard is really the only one that jumps to mind as someone we let go who exploded after he got traded.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 05:05 PM
nyrleetch

I really hope he doesn't leave. Get him some actual minutes on the Rangers.

nyrleetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 05:41 PM
UlfNilsson

Mike York!!!! Wait...

UlfNilsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 08:38 PM
fredrikstad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
What I read into that statement is that MZA is not happy being in the AHL, and will do what he can to make the NYR. Not that he is skipping out and leaving NA. I do not see anywhere in the article where it says he is.
Kjp onsdagens vg papirutgave. Der str det klart og tydelig at han ikke har tenkt til bli i Hartford hele sesongen. Ett vg team har fulg han en hel helg og det lyser frustrasjon fra gutten. (dette var i helgen etter hjernerystelsen) det var med p treninger og kampen med en assist og straffescoringen,men fr han fikk besked om kjpe leilighet)

Edit: Opps Sorry I forgot to write in english. By VG from Wednesday. There is a 4 page long article from journalists who followed him last weekend after the concussion and the last two games (before his two assist today)

My advice and hope for Zuke is to play out his contract,and if hes stuck in AHL,play the heck out of them and win the league by points.

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 09:15 PM
fredrikstad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post

Ha ha "Brandon snorted"
http://translate.google.com/translat...cle3263469.ece

Not so funny
http://translate.google.com/translat...cle3265096.ece

And latest:
http://translate.google.com/translat...cle3265502.ece

Old
11-02-2011, 09:51 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Savard is really the only one that jumps to mind as someone we let go who exploded after he got traded.
Zubov

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 11:01 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
Zubov
Let's see: in his two full seasons with the Rangers Zubov scored 89 points in 78 games (he missed scoring an assist per game by one assist) the first season and scored 36 points in 38 games the second. He scored 30 points in 33 playoff games.

He just continued--and changed his style when he had to. Horrible, horrible trade. Will never forgive Campbell for running him out of town.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 02:59 AM
PTmbp13

Cant belive players that play in AHL when you havbe SEL Finnins leauge and KHL? Are they stupid? A clause in contract!

Its better hockey better paid and so on there, AHL is a bottomshelf of an old milkbox, it stinks!

PTmbp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 04:42 AM
fredrikstad

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
What I have heard/read/been told is that is pretty much the opposite. Great, suksessfull and decent players decline when comming to New York Rangers.
What about Drury, Todd White, Nslund and Redden two name a few.I know,there not youngsters, but I have read somewhere that this is a trend,no?

It should be prohibited by the new CBA to bury players in AHL because of salary. Maximum 1 player on one way contract IMO(if still capable to play at NHL level, which I belive Redden is), in the farm team.

Last edited by fredrikstad: 11-03-2011 at 04:48 AM.
Old
11-03-2011, 05:49 AM
TigerJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landeskog Rocks View Post
Cant belive players that play in AHL when you havbe SEL Finnins leauge and KHL? Are they stupid? A clause in contract!

Its better hockey better paid and so on there, AHL is a bottomshelf of an old milkbox, it stinks!

The players on entry level has NO CHOICE..... If they want to go to SEL og KHL, theyll have to break their contract, and they will owe the NHL club anohter year on entry level......

TigerJack is offline   Reply With Quote