HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

RW Emerson Etem (2010, 29th overall, Anaheim)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-01-2011, 10:13 PM
  #301
airforceones25
Registered User
 
airforceones25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 3,286
vCash: 500
UPDATE:

1g + 4a tonight

16gp
22g + 14a = 36pts
+17


Leads league in Points, Goals, +/-, SH goals


Etem was named WHL player of the month earlier today

Quote:
CALGARY, AB. – The Western Hockey League announced today that forward Emerson Etem, of the Medicine Hat Tigers, has been named the HUSKY WHL Player of the Month for September/October.
The 19 year-old forward has had an incredible to start to the season recording 31 points in 15 games through September/October. Etem leads all WHL goal scorers finding the net 21 times, with assists on 10 others, all while maintaining a plus minus rating of +13. He presently owns the WHL’s longest point streak this season, alongside the Brandon Wheat Kings Mark Stone, collecting points in all 15 games played and has remarkably scored goals in 14 of 15 games, including three hat-tricks on the season.
Etem’s consistent play has helped the Medicine Hat Tigers to an 11-5-0-0 start on the season, second in the WHL Central Division with 22 points. His efforts have also earned him a Three Star selection 12 times, with five being 1st Stars.
A Long Beach, CA native, Etem is in his third full season with the Medicine Hat Tigers. The Californian enjoyed career highs in all offensive categories last season, scoring 45 goals and 35 assists for 80 points. Etem recently signed an NHL entry level contract with the Anahiem Ducks who selected the forwarded 29th overall in the 2010 NHL Draft. For the week ending October 10, he was named WHL Player of the Week and this is Etem’s first Husky WHL Player of the Month Award.
His accomplishments make Emerson Etem a deserving choice as the HUSKY WHL Player of the Month for September/October.
HUSKY – proud sponsor of the WHL Education Program and the Canada West WHL Graduate of the Month.
2011-12 HUSKY WHL Player of the Month
September/October: Emerson Etem, Medicine Hat Tigers


Last edited by airforceones25: 11-01-2011 at 10:25 PM.
airforceones25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 10:18 PM
  #302
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher
 
Vikke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bustoville
Country: Sweden
Posts: 12,906
vCash: 500
I hope he puts up 70 goals. He's crushing the league.

Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 10:32 PM
  #303
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick
 
KEEROLE Vatanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 16,634
vCash: 500
Wow this kid has scored in every game, side note Hunter Shinkaruk had 3+3 that kid is a star in the making as well!

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 11:01 PM
  #304
Trvp Lord
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,384
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Trvp Lord
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
Wow this kid has scored in every game, side note Hunter Shinkaruk had 3+3 that kid is a star in the making as well!
Etem is playing really well. Not really suprised though.

And about Hunter, I found this on YouTube haha.


Trvp Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 11:06 PM
  #305
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it
 
WasTeD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: in your head
Country: Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 14,236
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Quote:
Originally Posted by cccchristien View Post
Etem is playing really well. Not really suprised though.

And about Hunter, I found this on YouTube haha.



Fixed

WasTeD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 08:38 AM
  #306
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User
 
Frolov 6'3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 8,748
vCash: 500
Nice goals totals but a bit inflated with 3 empty netters.

Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 09:06 AM
  #307
Rabid Ranger
Imperiled Knight
 
Rabid Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The Abyss
Country: United States
Posts: 19,310
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post
Nice goals totals but a bit inflated with 3 empty netters.
Are you talking about Etem? How do three empty netters minimize 21 total goals?


Last edited by Rabid Ranger: 11-02-2011 at 11:47 AM.
Rabid Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 09:13 AM
  #308
Joe Hallenback
Registered User
 
Joe Hallenback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 7,207
vCash: 500
He gets those empty netters because his speed allows him too

The guy has unreal speed and everything he directs at the net is a scoring chance.

He took apart a very good Wheat Kings team on the weekend using his speed and size to great effect

For my mark he is the best player in the WHL this season.

Joe Hallenback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 09:27 AM
  #309
Sid82
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 34
vCash: 500
so why he didn't make the cut on the ducks team this year? its possible getting called during the season? could he also play ahl?which team?
thx for answers

Sid82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 10:01 AM
  #310
Force951
Registered User
 
Force951's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 2,336
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid82 View Post
so why he didn't make the cut on the ducks team this year? its possible getting called during the season? could he also play ahl?which team?
thx for answers
Ducks didn't have a top 6 spot open for him. Since he is in juniors he has to stay there until their season is over.

Force951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 10:19 AM
  #311
airforceones25
Registered User
 
airforceones25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 3,286
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post
Nice goals totals but a bit inflated with 3 empty netters.

airforceones25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 12:18 PM
  #312
R S
Renegade Stylings
 
R S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 23,600
vCash: 4250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
He gets those empty netters because his speed allows him too

The guy has unreal speed and everything he directs at the net is a scoring chance.

He took apart a very good Wheat Kings team on the weekend using his speed and size to great effect

For my mark he is the best player in the WHL this season.
This.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 12:44 PM
  #313
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User
 
Frolov 6'3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 8,748
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Ranger View Post
Are you talking about Etem? How do three empty netters minimize 21 total goals?
Because otherwise he would have had 18 goals.

Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 01:03 PM
  #314
airforceones25
Registered User
 
airforceones25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 3,286
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post
Because otherwise he would have had 18 goals.
For one your simple math is off. He currently has 22 goals and either way EN goals are part of the game.

Nobody goes through the record books and diminishes goal scoring totals because of "x" amount of empty netters. He speed and skating ability is an asset that allows him to get into position to capitalize on the opportunity.

I find it really funny you are trying to diminish what he's done because of 3 empty net goals.

airforceones25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 01:08 PM
  #315
Rabid Ranger
Imperiled Knight
 
Rabid Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The Abyss
Country: United States
Posts: 19,310
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post
Because otherwise he would have had 18 goals.
Powerful logic there.

Rabid Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 01:11 PM
  #316
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User
 
Frolov 6'3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 8,748
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceones25 View Post
For one your simple math is off. He currently has 22 goals and either way EN goals are part of the game.

Nobody goes through the record books and diminishes goal scoring totals because of "x" amount of empty netters. He speed and skating ability is an asset that allows him to get into position to capitalize on the opportunity.

I find it really funny you are trying to diminish what he's done because of 3 empty net goals.
Dont act so childish.

I only said his goal totals are bit inflated because of 3 empty netters. Somebody was talking about 70 goals already. I'm not trying to diminish anything. There has been truckloads of players who had more than a goal per game in the beginning of the season, Oscar Moller comes to mind. I only try to put things into perspective, that is not so easy to score 70 goals, just because he is on a tear now.

That's apparentely not allowed here. In the beginning of this topic I already said what I thought about him.

Grow up.

Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 01:11 PM
  #317
airforceones25
Registered User
 
airforceones25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 3,286
vCash: 500
I guess it's not fair that he has 6 short handed goals either right? Because he had more skating room..?

airforceones25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 01:12 PM
  #318
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User
 
Frolov 6'3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 8,748
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Ranger View Post
Powerful logic there.
Its not true ?

Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 01:59 PM
  #319
El Diego
Registered User
 
El Diego's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 486
vCash: 500
Etem's goal totals are inflated by him scoring.

El Diego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 02:01 PM
  #320
Vipers31
Moderator
Advanced Stagnostic
 
Vipers31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bergisch Gladbach
Country: Germany
Posts: 10,997
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post
Its not true ?
Not really, as no type of goal "inflates" goal totals, in my opinion. Three empty-netters at this point of the season are above average, but so are his regular goal totals. With his qualities allowing him to capitalize in those situations, it's not guaranteed that his goal totals for this point in time are "inflated" in the sense that they are all but certain to drop significantly because of 'less fortunate circumstances' as the season goes along.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 02:07 PM
  #321
ponder
Registered User
 
ponder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,521
vCash: 500
Dropping to 29th overall might actually have been the best thing that could have happened for Etem. Seems like he's playing with a chip on his shoulder, a "prove them wrong" attitude, and as a California kid he has the potential to be a real fan favorite in Anaheim. Being a perceived steal in the draft always helps with fans loving you as well.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 02:19 PM
  #322
imbatman
Registered User
 
imbatman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 738
vCash: 500
wait.. so the ducks finally have a player who can score an empty netter, interesting. Awesome.

imbatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 02:33 PM
  #323
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User
 
Frolov 6'3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 8,748
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbatman View Post
wait.. so the ducks finally have a player who can score an empty netter, interesting. Awesome.


Dude you rock, honestly.

Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 03:19 PM
  #324
DuckJet
#KESBAE
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 36,239
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Dropping to 29th overall might actually have been the best thing that could have happened for Etem. Seems like he's playing with a chip on his shoulder, a "prove them wrong" attitude, and as a California kid he has the potential to be a real fan favorite in Anaheim. Being a perceived steal in the draft always helps with fans loving you as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diego View Post
Etem's goal totals are inflated by him scoring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Ranger View Post
Powerful logic there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Force951 View Post
Ducks didn't have a top 6 spot open for him. Since he is in juniors he has to stay there until their season is over.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid82 View Post
so why he didn't make the cut on the ducks team this year? its possible getting called during the season? could he also play ahl?which team?
thx for answers
He honestly didn't have the greatest camp. He looked really good, but like there were a few aspects to his game that needed work. And I'm gonna be honest the WHL won't smooth them out. He's skating circles against his opposition and isn't really presented with the challenges he'll face in the NHL. So I don't think his time in Medicine Hat is really helping him grow, and he may see time next year in Syracuse. Though it is possible that we run a Etem-Holland-Palmieri line next year.

Anyone know how many games are in a WHL season? I think it's 72 right?

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 03:46 PM
  #325
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User
 
Frolov 6'3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 8,748
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
Not really, as no type of goal "inflates" goal totals, in my opinion. Three empty-netters at this point of the season are above average, but so are his regular goal totals. With his qualities allowing him to capitalize in those situations, it's not guaranteed that his goal totals for this point in time are "inflated" in the sense that they are all but certain to drop significantly because of 'less fortunate circumstances' as the season goes along.
3 empty netters at this point is more than above average. I disagree with that. The WHL has 72 games, he wont score 14 empty netters this season. That's why his goal totals are inflated.

22 goals in 16 games makes people think he will score 70, definitely because he's scoring a lot already. The chances he will score 70 are less likely than that he will hit 55, perhaps 60 eventually.

Again, plenty of players in the past that have scored over a goal per game in the beginning of the season, just to drop off later in the season. Which is more than logical. I'm not downgrading anybody, I just put some things into perspective.

I just cant believe some people are offended by it but that's the trend nowadays here at HF. Its ridiculous that I have to repond 4/5 times. One little, tiny logical observation and people are getting crazy immediately. Not you by the way, at least you can respond properly.

Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:51 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.