HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Another reason why Réjean Tremblay should ****

Old
11-02-2011, 02:30 PM
Hemlor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not The One View Post
What a load of...

The blame starts with the owners, who put $$$$$ before everything else,

then the presidents, who acted as yes-men and coddled the owners,

then the GMs, who had to implement the owners' vision and made bad trade after bad trade doing so,

and finally the players, who now... put $$$$$ before everything else.
so is it in your opinion that the media has had no influence on the Habs?

Hemlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 02:33 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Tremblay is a moron, he shouldn't even be allowed to write anything about the Habs!! What a disgrace
I disagree. Tremblay has a formidable intellect. I look at that white haired man with those kindly blue eyes and shudder that his looks belie his seething prejudices.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 02:36 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlor View Post
so is it in your opinion that the media has had no influence on the Habs?
They don't. Don't kid yourself.

Seb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 02:39 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Grosse Tendresse View Post
But it's not Trembaly who is being shut out, it's François Gagnon.

If it wasn't for the media talking about the Habs 24/7, the Habs would never be as successful financially. You can blame them for mediocrity on the ice, but they are also responsable for the financial success the team has become for Gillett and now Molson.

You can't take all the free advertising and the interest in your product that it brings and then just stop doing business with the journalists.
If it weren't for the Habs, those 3/4 of these idiots wouldn't even have a job. So if management wants to control who is available (completely understandable) at any given time, they have every freaking right to do so.

Francois Gagnon is certainly not in the same moronic level as Rejean Tremblay, but he's definitely part of the moron world.
A couple weeks ago, on L'Antichambre, they were discussing french important, media and habs with Philippe Cantin. Gagnon said that the way habs are protecting certain employees is bad because the journalists have a harder time doing their work (boohoo). Because of that, they will write speculations and spread rumors.
Now, any person with an inch of logic would blame the media for going into speculations to begin with, but no, not him, he says it's the habs fault because they don't want to divulge information. That's freaking stupid.
The guys that speculate aren't the problems, of course not, they are just innocent thinkers...
The man is an idiot.

And no, the media has nothing to do with the successes of the franchise. The lock out as well as the marketing the Habs did in the comeback year are the reasons why they became so popular. I know so many people that just didn't realize how much the Habs were important to Mtl until the lock out happened. When it came back, everybody had the hockey fever, and the media benefited greatly from it.

Without the Habs, so many of these media morons would be out of a job. It's not the other way around buddy.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 02:40 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
So he compares the Habs to Nazi Germany and Communist Russia?

What else is new?
He should try making an HF account then

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 02:44 PM
Paddyjack

Tremblay, Bertrand Raymond, all these people lived in an era where they were Gods of information. That's all we had back in the days, and in some ways, they were manipulating the public's opinion by writing their articles the way they wanted.

Now however, with blogs, twitter, and all the various boards and online media the fans express themselves and are read, and like someone said in this thread, our opinions are often as valid and even more informed than these "journalists".

I always thought that these journalists needed to be put in their place and now it's happening. And even though I was not a fan of Mario Tremblay's coaching here in Montreal, I was behind him 100% when he counterattacked the medias, especially Rejean Tremblay.

I am also 100% behind the facts that the journalists hurt the Habs a LOT in the past 20 years, with sensationalism ********, rumours, etc, which, in the end, gives reasons and motives for UFA NOT to sign here (Daniel Briere anyone?).

So I'm behind Gauthier on this. And comparing the CH to the Nazis is an insult that just show how much Tremblay thinks he can say anything.

Paddyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 02:47 PM
habitue*

Tremblay is too clever and intelligent to be a sports journalist... He should be writing TV series...

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 02:50 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
He should try making an HF account then
You should hope not. If he did, threads like this wouldn't be possible

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 03:03 PM
Maverik

If an organization does not want it's employee to talk to the media about the organization, it's in their right to do so.

I know we are under a strict code where I work. If a journalist is to call us, we cannot answer any of his questions and must refer them to our communication department.

Maverik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 03:09 PM
Boardish

Darkest day in Habs' history.

Journalists in Montreal really help the organization, they never blow things out of proportion and are very professional. I don't understand why Gauthier does that

Boardish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 03:18 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Arrogance is easier to take when there are results on the ice. Gauthier will regret not playing nice with the media, the infotainment industry is partly about access and media helping you to promote your brand. He needs to realize this or go into another field.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 03:18 PM
1UP

Dunno, but comparing "Hey, I don't want my players to get taken out by other players knowing where they are hurt, and other GMs to know what I want" to "In Soviet Russia, Hockey plays YOU" is a bit too much.

Wait. It's Réjean. Never mind, business as usual.

1UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 03:25 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Just hope the old guard of journalism get the **** out. Guys like Bertrand Raymond and Rejean Tremblay who are still stuck in their small little world.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 03:27 PM
Habs4thewin

Old people need to do some testing every year to keep their driver licence... When you have the " power " to say things at large in the news/TV and you're getting old as Rejean Tremblay/Bertrand Raymond/Michel Bergeron/Jean Perron etc... you should as well do some testing in order keep your journalist status...

Not gonna happen tho..

Habs4thewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 03:31 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not The One View Post
What a load of...

The blame starts with the owners, who put $$$$$ before everything else,

then the presidents, who acted as yes-men and coddled the owners,

then the GMs, who had to implement the owners' vision and made bad trade after bad trade doing so,

and finally the players, who now... put $$$$$ before everything else.
holy ****, are you for real?

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 03:44 PM
shamrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
http://tvasports.ca/tvasports/hockey...01-194434.html

Really Réjean? Why in the hell would TVA Sports use this as a news goddamit?

Makes me want to throw up.
There are rumours that Rejean writes for:

I was watcthing AC last night and they were talking about this. The issue is that anything the habs say or do as an orginasation gets blown out of proportions. I still laugh at the "darkest day in habs history". On one hand i do understand that more information should be available but the media here has a nack for overdramatization and the habs have an image they wish to keep.

shamrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 03:44 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Arrogance is easier to take when there are results on the ice. Gauthier will regret not playing nice with the media, the infotainment industry is partly about access and media helping you to promote your brand. He needs to realize this or go into another field.
Didn't realize the infotainment industry has rights to 100% of information on Habs organization. Must have missed the memo were private companies divulge and let the media talk to whomever they want whenever they want.

Most companies that profit from the media, know how to control the media to their liking limiting access to information and employees, to discretion of communications department, who usually has a protocol of what and if's, to promote its brand efficiently

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 03:49 PM
Patccmoi

Well Tremblay just earned himself a Godwin point!

What a tool...

Patccmoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 03:55 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
Didn't realize the infotainment industry has rights to 100% of information on Habs organization. Must have missed the memo were private companies divulge and let the media talk to whomever they want whenever they want.

Most companies that profit from the media, know how to control the media to their liking limiting access to information and employees, to discretion of communications department, who usually has a protocol of what and if's, to promote its brand efficiently
How many teams would deny an interview with a newly assigned Asst. coach?
Not feeling like I or anyone needed that interview, but wondering why it was denied.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 03:59 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Not feeling like I or anyone needed that interview, but wondering why it was denied.
Well i'm sure there was a reason to the decision, whatever it might be. And i'm sure your curious, and i'm also sure it doesn't matter what other teams have done it this EXACT same situation, since point being is that information is always managed by the organization itself, handed down to the media for "interpretation" and since the organization is aware of that, they try and predict what kind of interpretations might occur, which leads to what, when and how information is given to them.

All this to say, that PG won't regret jack, since media doesn't have much power over anything. Any coverage, good or bad , is coverage for the habs, which results in interest (sales) anyways. The only thing that matters in a sale perspective is Wins and Playoffs, everything else are details.

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 04:01 PM
Maverik

Quote:
I will tell you why :

Question #1 : "What happened to Perry Pearn, what did he do?"
Question #2 : "So, what's with Perry Pearn anyway?"
Question #3 (From Renaud Lavoie) : "So, what did was your reaction when you learn that news?"
Question 4 : "Did you talk to Perry Pearn?"

Maverik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 04:02 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Maybe because all the guy does is bash the organization constantly.

If someone always talked **** about my family I wouldn't let them into my home either.

Last edited by Jigger77: 11-02-2011 at 04:17 PM.
Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 04:10 PM
Karl Pilkington

Why should the media automatically be allowed to interview anyone they want? Free speech? Sure, I'd support that, if they were there to cover events objectively. The media is one ***** ass self interested group of ********ers. They are entitled to jack ****.

Karl Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 04:33 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
He writes like people on HF... Guy is lost in his own reality

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 05:00 PM
Kikizaz

Minor history lesson. Communist russia killed millions more than fascist germany. Stalin was a bad guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Journalists covering the Habs in this province are more often morons craving for attention.

Boohoo Pierre Gauthier does not give us details on injuries. OMG LETS COMPARE THEM TO NAZIS (who killed 6 million people) and Communist Russia (who also killed thousands).

****ing tool. Can he die already?

Kikizaz is offline   Reply With Quote