HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Caps vs. Ducks. 7:30 EDT. Verizon Center. 11.1.2011

Old
11-02-2011, 01:05 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

vCash: 500
I wish we had a faster Knuble or a better hands in close Brouwer... Definitely limiting the line.

HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 01:26 PM
Harvey Specter
Boooooone

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroCaps View Post
Of note to me is that the Caps' new culture doesn't seem to be meshing well with Semin; who has been invisible for the most part.
not really sure if youre known as a semin hater from my modest time here, but i do know you might be the only one who believes this...

Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 01:29 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunksuperhero View Post
not really sure if youre known as a semin hater from my modest time here, but i do know you might be the only one who believes this...
He is the Semin hater of this forum. The Alpha, if you will.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 01:32 PM
usiel

vCash: 878
Send a message via MSN to usiel
BBs tactical moves at the end of the game as well as AO's reaction to not being out there is absolutely appropriate. Would have been worried if AO was sitting on the bench checking out a pretty lady in the stands.

11-02-2011, 01:36 PM
troyerlaw
Life is party again

why isn't there a separate Fat **** thread? whole world talking about this thing, even if we as Caps fans wish it would blow away. (which i think it will.)

i agree w/ those who said both parties acted correctly. BB made the correct call, and 8 was correct to be pissed off. and on top of it, 8 saying all the right things this morning, too.

troyerlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 01:42 PM
troyerlaw
Life is party again

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoLu7ioN View Post

Yikes, this thing has the potential to blow up...

Stupid media!
this one's funnier:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRbG2K7C9bU

Old
11-02-2011, 01:43 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Yzerman hated Bowman to the point where he was nearly traded in 94.

Bruce coached last night. And his bold decision worked -as they usually do (Varlamov in 2009, trap last year). This is such a non story.

BrooklynCapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 01:44 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyerlaw View Post
why isn't there a separate Fat **** thread? whole world talking about this thing, even if we as Caps fans wish it would blow away. (which i think it will.)

i agree w/ those who said both parties acted correctly. BB made the correct call, and 8 was correct to be pissed off. and on top of it, 8 saying all the right things this morning, too.
There isn't a separate thread because:

1- There's no way of knowing what he actually said without hearing from someone on the bench. Those who think they can decipher it from lip-reading are being dense. We don't even know if he was speaking English.

2- It's a non-issue even if he did say that. The team doesn't care. Boudreau doesn't care. Ovie doesn't care.

Old
11-02-2011, 01:45 PM
troyerlaw
Life is party again

the other funny thing about the longer, linked above by EvoLu7ion, is that it has all the elements. it has Keith Jones about 10 feet away commenting on the exact situation which is about to play out -- who gets to be on the ice, and whether 42/21/25 line gets rewarded -- and it also has the awesome body language of 8 being seated behind BB and trying to get a look at the dry erase board during the Xs & Os, and then Bruce putting it away without bothering to show it to Ovie. i love them both. it's like your kids -- they squabble & raise your blood pressure, but you love them both. even if one of them is, in this case, a fat ****.

Old
11-02-2011, 01:47 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
Ovie doesn't care.
It's actually Semin who doesn't care.

Old
11-02-2011, 01:50 PM
troyerlaw
Life is party again

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
There isn't a separate thread because:

1- There's no way of knowing what he actually said without hearing from someone on the bench. Those who think they can decipher it from lip-reading are being dense. We don't even know if he was speaking English.

2- It's a non-issue even if he did say that. The team doesn't care. Boudreau doesn't care. Ovie doesn't care.
1. i think it's clear from AO's remarks this morning that he either said those words or something very much like them. "i was pissed off," he said. which means, 'yes, i said something disparaging.'

2. i'm not sure it's a 'non-issue.' any sport, any team, if the captain and team leader is caught on camera calling the coach a 'fat ****,' it's going to be discussed ad nauseam. in itself, that discussion becomes an issue and impacts team chemistry. 'Fat ****' is what reporters were asking Ovie about today, non-Caps fans are talking about it on the main board, and the incident is spawning YouTube parodies.

whatever. i do believe it'll make 8 play better and soon.

Old
11-02-2011, 01:53 PM
RandyHolt
Aiko Oshie All Day

vCash: 2714
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post

why is this a big deal? he called boudreau fat? OMG.

I hope you see why its amusing that you brush this off.

It's great that we scored to squash it, so Ovi just looks like a fool right now, and it will blow over. He owes Nick a big fat beer.

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 01:57 PM
troyerlaw
Life is party again

i think he should give BB a hand-written apology.

Dear coach,

I am sorry I called you a 'fat ****' yesterday. Even though you are a 'fat ****,' and even though our owner is also a 'fat ****,' and even though I myself was accused last summer of being a 'fat ****,' it was still not nice of me to say that you were a 'fat ****.'

Please forgive me. And please put me on the ice next time we pull our goalie, or at least next time the other team pulls their goalie.

Love,
Ovie

Old
11-02-2011, 01:58 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyerlaw View Post
1. i think it's clear from AO's remarks this morning that he either said those words or something very much like them. "i was pissed off," he said. which means, 'yes, i said something disparaging.'

2. i'm not sure it's a 'non-issue.' any sport, any team, if the captain and team leader is caught on camera calling the coach a 'fat ****,' it's going to be discussed ad nauseam. in itself, that discussion becomes an issue and impacts team chemistry. 'Fat ****' is what reporters were asking Ovie about today, non-Caps fans are talking about it on the main board, and the incident is spawning YouTube parodies.

whatever. i do believe it'll make 8 play better and soon.
1. Or, he could have been referring to the fact that the exchange between he and Boudreau was definitely a conflict and that his body language made it clear he was pissed off.

2. I assure you, inside the locker room, it's a complete non-issue. All the stuff with the media and youtube is nothing more than a slight annoyance to the team. No impact whatsoever.

Old
11-02-2011, 01:59 PM
troyerlaw
Life is party again

just the same, i demand a Fat **** thread.

otherwise i want to be traded.

Old
11-02-2011, 02:07 PM
EYEuhFRAYtee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
SWhyno Stephen Whyno
Ovechkin: "It was frustrating and that kind of situation pisses me off ... It's good for the team. I have to respond to that."

But sure, keep thinking OV hates BB if it makes you feel better about your bruce hate.

Maybe replace the UFO with a floating BB head.

Last edited by EYEuhFRAYtee: 11-02-2011 at 02:15 PM.
EYEuhFRAYtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 02:24 PM
tycoonheart

Damn.

There is a video of Culter telling his OC to "**** off" and no one in the media turned that into a big deal. And the media loves to crap on Cutler.

Can't believe how much attention this is getting.

I'd actually be worried if Ovi listened to Bruce w/o making a fuss about it.

tycoonheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 02:31 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycoonheart View Post
Damn.

There is a video of Culter telling his OC to "**** off" and no one in the media turned that into a big deal. And the media loves to crap on Cutler.

They tried to. But everyone involved pretty much said it wasn't a big deal. The same will happen here. Ovie's a bigger deal in the NHL than Cutler is in the NFL, so it's getting a little more national attention in the beginning is all. If it was Vick it would have been the same scenario as Ovie.

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 02:38 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
They tried to. But everyone involved pretty much said it wasn't a big deal. The same will happen here. Ovie's a bigger deal in the NHL than Cutler is in the NFL, so it's getting a little more national attention in the beginning is all. If it was Vick it would have been the same scenario as Ovie.
I disagree. Mostly because Andy Reid is a fat ****.

Old
11-02-2011, 02:47 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroCaps View Post
Of note to me is that the Caps' new culture doesn't seem to be meshing well with Semin; who has been invisible for the most part.
You need to learn how to use a semicolon. Semin's play is interesting. He has definitely been doing a lot of things well/right, but in a way he almost has been invisible, and he obviously hasn't produced. I'm not really sure what it is; I guess I need to pay more attention to him during the games. (An example of how a semicolon can be used.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyerlaw
Please forgive me. And please put me on the ice next time we pull our goalie, or at least next time the other team pulls their goalie.

Love,
Ovie

Liberati0n* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 03:02 PM
Foy

I'm just glad Backstrom scored so we don't have to hear the Fire BB Patrol going on and on about how stupid it was not to put Ovy out there for the last shift. As far as OT, Ovy played his regular shift in OT, going out about when he normally does, all timed so that the last pairing of the 5 minutes is him and Backstrom.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 03:02 PM
Dirtbag59

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post
I wish we had a faster Knuble or a better hands in close Brouwer... Definitely limiting the line.
Yeah but I don't think we have enough cap room to acquire Rick Nash.

Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 03:04 PM
Dirtbag59

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycoonheart View Post
Damn.

We're sorry such video doesn't exist. You have been misinformed. Please do not pursue this matter further.

Old
11-02-2011, 03:10 PM
Dirtbag59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foy View Post
I'm just glad Backstrom scored so we don't have to hear the Fire BB Patrol going on and on about how stupid it was not to put Ovy out there for the last shift. As far as OT, Ovy played his regular shift in OT, going out about when he normally does, all timed so that the last pairing of the 5 minutes is him and Backstrom.
It is amazing that it even worked at all, forget the benching Ovechkin part. I'd love to see the percentage of empty net last minute chances that get converted into game tying goals.

The best part of this last game though is the fact that Backstrom has returend to form. His playoff slump was a huge blow especially considering he might have been our best postseason player before last year.

Old
11-02-2011, 03:11 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
Yeah but I don't think we have enough cap room to acquire Rick Nash.
That's kind of the point.

HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote