HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

What's wrong with Kovalchuk?

Closed Thread

Old
10-29-2003, 10:36 AM
Absolut

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slats432
And he has beady little eyes. :p
I personally have a problem with his hair. I just don't like it. It's brown, spiky, and all-around arrogant. It annoys me when the little punk skates around without the helmet, obnoxiously showing off his darn hair - when I have none. :moon:

Old
10-29-2003, 10:47 AM
bammermania

vCash:
I think that the reason that he doesnt get the respect is that he isnt the media darling yet and part of that is because of where he plays.

Put him on the Leafs and he would be a god.. period.. and every Leaf fan would be falling over themselves about this guy. Same goes for any other team. But he is in Atlanta, far from the hockey hot bed areas and so its easier to slam him. Every great player has had their cross to bear... Bure was a floater, Lemieux was soft, Gretzky couldnt play defense (my personal favorite) etc etc...

As for the over-celebrating, whats wrong with showing some excitement when you score a goal in the NHL. What has the world come to? Is he cocky? Damn striaght... Is he good? Same answer. In this day and age of 2-1 games, we should be applauding guys with the creativity to score goals... My god, watch a soccer game some time and watch those antcs or watch a football game, where a sack of the QB, leads to a team dance.

As for Cherry, did you ever expect that he would say anything good about this guy? He has his guys and I doubt that Kovalchuk will ever be one of them. But remember that it was Domi who blindsided Niedermayer at the end of a game and it was also Domi who used to parade around and taunt the other benches with his WWF belt impersonation. Far from choirboys..

Old
10-29-2003, 10:54 AM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolut
I personally have a problem with his hair. I just don't like it. It's brown, spiky, and all-around arrogant. It annoys me when the little punk skates around without the helmet, obnoxiously showing off his darn hair - when I have none. :moon:
I have lots of hair so I am not bothered by that. Although I don't like his Bauer helmet. I was a CCM guy.

(All of this satire is done for the benefit of our viewing audience. Any retransmition, redistribution, in whole or in part without the expressed written consent of Absolut, slats432 and Molstar Communications is strictly prohibited.)

Old
10-29-2003, 05:49 PM
psycho_dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number67
It's because he's euro. Same as Forsberg for diving and Hasek jsut being lucky.

Old
10-29-2003, 06:43 PM
SlavaKozlov

Quote:
Originally Posted by bammermania
I think that the reason that he doesnt get the respect is that he isnt the media darling yet and part of that is because of where he plays.

Put him on the Leafs and he would be a god.. period.. and every Leaf fan would be falling over themselves about this guy. Same goes for any other team. But he is in Atlanta, far from the hockey hot bed areas and so its easier to slam him. Every great player has had their cross to bear... Bure was a floater, Lemieux was soft, Gretzky couldnt play defense (my personal favorite) etc etc...

As for the over-celebrating, whats wrong with showing some excitement when you score a goal in the NHL. What has the world come to? Is he cocky? Damn striaght... Is he good? Same answer. In this day and age of 2-1 games, we should be applauding guys with the creativity to score goals... My god, watch a soccer game some time and watch those antcs or watch a football game, where a sack of the QB, leads to a team dance.

As for Cherry, did you ever expect that he would say anything good about this guy? He has his guys and I doubt that Kovalchuk will ever be one of them. But remember that it was Domi who blindsided Niedermayer at the end of a game and it was also Domi who used to parade around and taunt the other benches with his WWF belt impersonation. Far from choirboys..
THANK YOU! I was going to say the same thing, you beat me to it. Ilja has a passion for the game. You can tell every shift he is there to play hockey, and he loves it. Just look at him when he scores. He makes it look easy, and he knows he does. So he is cocky, which he has every right to be (to quote Kid Rock "They say I'm cocky, And I say what, It ain't braggin' ************ if you back it up") I have no problem with his celebrating, he is excited when he scores, or when anyone else on his team does. So what? Get over it, he is 20 years old, is on a team that many wrote off as an Eastern conference basement dweller, and they are playing good hockey now, and Ilja is on fire. He has every right to celebrate, especially when he "was in Heatley's shadow" and the team would be nowhere near as good without Dany. I am happy for the Thrashers, and I hope they continue to do good (plus I am a Kozlov fan, lol :p ) Stop complaining about him, and enjoy the excitment he brings to hockey, which has been plagued with traps and "boring hockey" in recent years. I am definately a fan of Kovalchuk, he has me sold...

Old
10-29-2003, 06:56 PM
Yayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolut
It annoys me when the little punk skates around without the helmet, obnoxiously showing off his darn hair - when I have none. :moon:

Closed Thread