HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

More wide-open game?

Closed Thread

Old
10-29-2003, 04:46 PM
Robert Paulson*

vCash: 500
More wide-open game?

I know it's still very early in the season, but let's take tonight into consideration.

scores so far:

Wed Oct 29, 2003
Anaheim 4
Washington 2

Final

Florida 1
Philadelphia 5

Final

St. Louis 6
Detroit 4

10:41 3rd

NY Islanders 4
Pittsburgh 4

7:17 3rd

Calgary 2
Dallas 1

16:29 2nd

I still see the clutching and grabbing, but are games becoming more high-scoring? Or is it just me?

Knowing me, it is probably just me. :p

Old
10-29-2003, 04:49 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoPens63
I know it's still very early in the season, but let's take tonight into consideration.

scores so far:

Wed Oct 29, 2003
Anaheim 4
Washington 2

Final

Florida 1
Philadelphia 5

Final

St. Louis 6
Detroit 4

10:41 3rd

NY Islanders 4
Pittsburgh 4

7:17 3rd

Calgary 2
Dallas 1

16:29 2nd

I still see the clutching and grabbing, but are games becoming more high-scoring? Or is it just me?

Knowing me, it is probably just me. :p

Apparently you didnt get the memo that said, 4 of yesterdays 9 games were shutouts.

Old
10-29-2003, 04:52 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Doh! And I thought you were going to be talking about this St. Louis vs Detroit game.

Old
10-29-2003, 04:57 PM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

A poorly played game by the Wings tonight, even if they somehow manage to tie it up. Props to the Blues for dictating the pace and style of the game to their advantage. Lewis needs to decide if this team is going to be a defensive or an offensive one and then stick to the plan.

Old
10-29-2003, 04:59 PM
Robert Paulson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokEGoalie
Apparently you didnt get the memo that said, 4 of yesterdays 9 games were shutouts.
Heh, I know that there have been a lot of shutouts. I know that there aren't going to be 10 goals scored every game, but this is a surprise to me so far with how many games have had a lot of goals scored. Like I said, it's really early in the season. All of this will probably change. I didn't expect many responses that agree, just seeking opinions

Old
10-29-2003, 05:03 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon
A poorly played game by the Wings tonight, even if they somehow manage to tie it up. Props to the Blues for dictating the pace and style of the game to their advantage. Lewis needs to decide if this team is going to be a defensive or an offensive one and then stick to the plan.

On a brighter note for the Wings, Whitney has looked great tonight. I really thought that he was a bad signing, but he's doing a pretty good job proving me wrong.

Old
10-29-2003, 05:13 PM
Freudian
luck paper scissors

vCash: 50
I think it is a bit of coincidence. It is good to see highscoring games though, even if it usually means a) poor goaltending and/or b) defensive lapses.

Old
10-29-2003, 05:29 PM
SlavaKozlov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
On a brighter note for the Wings, Whitney has looked great tonight. I really thought that he was a bad signing, but he's doing a pretty good job proving me wrong.
Hell, he has been our bast player so far this year. Him and Yzerman are really working well together, and are the bright spots of this season so far. Z and Dats are also playing very well. Still, I like the Whitney signing, living in the Cleveland area, I saw alot of CBJ games on FS Ohio, and he is good. It is looking like he is a Feds replacement, rather than a Luc replacement like many thought. His PK and defensive abilities aren't too bad.

Old
10-29-2003, 05:33 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlavaKozlov
Hell, he has been our bast player so far this year. Him and Yzerman are really working well together, and are the bright spots of this season so far. Z and Dats are also playing very well. Still, I like the Whitney signing, living in the Cleveland area, I saw alot of CBJ games on FS Ohio, and he is good. It is looking like he is a Feds replacement, rather than a Luc replacement like many thought. His PK and defensive abilities aren't too bad.

No, you're totally right. I guess I didn't mean just tonight.

Old
10-29-2003, 05:52 PM
joeminus

Send a message via AIM to joeminus Send a message via Yahoo to joeminus
Despite smaller goalie pads and the supposed "crackdown" on obstruction, scoring is down by half a goal per game from last season (which wasn't exactly high-scoring itself).

Old
10-29-2003, 06:03 PM
Robert Paulson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeminus
Despite smaller goalie pads and the supposed "crackdown" on obstruction, scoring is down by half a goal per game from last season (which wasn't exactly high-scoring itself).
Huh. Wasn't there supposedly a crackdown on obstruction last year too? So this year it's a crackdown on the crackdown of obstruction?

Closed Thread