HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Voracek

Old
11-02-2011, 03:33 PM
DUHockey9

vCash: 500
I'm actually not worried about Voracek at all. His effort is infinitely higher than that of Zherdev's. His lack of points at the moment, is not for a lack of effort, and that's the key for me.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 04:23 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

I really like what Voracek brings to the table and I like his game so far. He's been snake bit, but part of that has to do with bouncing around from line to line finding some sort of chemistry (I blame Laviolette for that one).

When Voracek finds the right chemistry with someone, I think he'll start popping goals and people will keep quiet. Personally, I'd love to see him on a line with Couturier and Simmonds. I think Voracek is the perfect winger for Couturier and Simmonds can be the banger that the line would need.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 04:29 PM
Flyerfan808

I am satisfied with his play, but I'd like to see him capitalize on his opportunities more often.

Flyerfan808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 04:36 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan808 View Post
I am satisfied with his play, but I'd like to see him capitalize on his opportunities more often.
Everyone would like to see that, but the reality is that we're already 2nd in GPG at 3.73. How many more goals can we possibly score? It's not like we're missing a whole ton of chances guys. Just be patient. Everyone will get their chance to spin the wheel.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 04:45 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
i have no idea what you've been watching

Zherdev v2.0
Watching more than you apparently. Voracek plays harder, and does hustle back on defense. He's broken up a couple rushed just from hustling back so far, and that's already much more than I expected to see from him. Like most others have been saying, the Zherdev comparisons are ridiculous.

sobrien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 05:34 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Everyone would like to see that, but the reality is that we're already 2nd in GPG at 3.73. How many more goals can we possibly score? It's not like we're missing a whole ton of chances guys. Just be patient. Everyone will get their chance to spin the wheel.
Dude...um... what's your picture of?

Traffic cones, I'm guessing/hoping?

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 05:51 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
Dude...um... what's your picture of?

Traffic cones, I'm guessing/hoping?
It's from JVR's twitter.

He was at a Halloween party and those 6 guys dressed up as 'pylons' to poke fun at the Flyers defensemen.

Roo Mad Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 06:03 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richards18 View Post
It's from JVR's twitter.

He was at a Halloween party and those 6 guys dressed up as 'pylons' to poke fun at the Flyers defensemen.
That's what I figured..... but it just kind of looks like... an orange klan meeting.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 06:15 PM
Bort Sampson

Voracek is actually a pretty solid two-way player, the "Zherdev 2.0" comment sucked.

He has great defensive instincts and is always backchecking. He's also strong on the puck and uses his balance to separate players from the puck.

He's still adjusting to new linemates and a new team. Everything else is there. Usually the points come last.

Bort Sampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 09:20 PM
SolidSnakeUS

I actually liked his hustle in the game against Buffalo.

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 06:01 AM
kimmofan44

voracek had an ok first period against the Sabres and then he(and the rest of the team except bryzgolov) decided that 3 to 0 was enough to mentally check out for the remaining 54 minutes. voracek is a good player that can be used to compliment the right line but will never by the stand out star or guy to beat at any given time on the ice. i still think, come the trade deadline or post season voracek will become, to some extent, trade bait.

kimmofan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 06:40 AM
thelos
Bunk

Voracek just needs to make 1 less move before he shoots. He tends to hold on and try an extra toe drag or something when he already has a clean shot

thelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 07:38 AM
Foreverinour

yea he'll get there. for a few games he was doing a lot of moves and losin the puck. hes got great puckin handlin and passing. just needs to keep workin hard and maybe keep it a bit simpler for now

Foreverinour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 08:45 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

How can the guy be expected to perform when he has to deal with this? :

@TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie
Quote:
BUF's Patrick Kaleta has disciplinary hearing today for headbutt on PHI's Jakub Voracek last night.

sobrien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 09:35 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Kaleta needed to be taught a lesson by the human missile Rinaldo last night...dude is rogue.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 05:44 AM
kimmofan44

voracek? more like bore a check! (sorry i'm in a weird mood and i just watched billy madison)

kimmofan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 10:16 AM
JagerPuck

Send a message via AIM to JagerPuck
Hes been lackluster so far this year.. to say the least.
I dont think Ive personally been less enthralled with any trade acquisition the Flyers have made in recent memory.

I say we jettison him now while he still has value (see Nikolai Zherdev) and parlay him and Carle for a REAL top pairing d-man.

JagerPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 10:24 AM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

Everyone worried about Voracek what about Simmonds he looks like **** last few games......

BleedOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 10:31 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange View Post
Everyone worried about Voracek what about Simmonds he looks like **** last few games......
Yeah I see more glimpses of Voracek breaking through as opposed to Simmonds looking like he hit a bit of a wall. He needs to simplify his game a bit more and soak his hands in some epsom salt....

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 11:02 AM
Teezax

Nevermind those 2, why in god's name is Couts only playing 10-11 mins a game when he is doing everything right??? Giroux shouldnt be playing half an hour a game, he'll be burnt out by Christmas.

Teezax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 03:59 PM
thephillyflu

I think Voraceck has the wonderful combination of forceful speed and stickhandling technique that all the absolute best players have these days. All the best of the best guys are the guys that can carry the puck through and through a defense, through neutral zone, with quick moves at high speeds. I mean look at Malkin, Crosby, Stamkos, Giroux, Kopitar, Kovalchuk, Ovechkin and so on. What do they have in common with Voracek? They are excellent puckcarriers and can control the puck at the highest speed. In our team it's only Giroux and Voracek + somewhat Jagr and Briere that can do that. But that's not my point, it's just something that more and more distinguish the sheer quality of the best players these days.

Yes, for now he goes wide too much and hold on to the puck too long.

Are you all forgetting that he is 22 years of age? Born 1989? Born his year or younger, there are only 4 players with better production the last couple of seasons. Those are Stamkos, Duchene and Tavares... Benn got one point more than Voracek also. Born in his year (1989) only, he's the best but one point for Benn.
He's been producing more points than every other guy his age (or younger, but I don't think that's as relevant) including 13 points more than Gagner and 21 points more than James van Riemsdyk.

He's outproduced every guy ahead of him in his (although weak) draft year, except Patrick Kane (who's a year older).

Give the kid a break.

Now I'm not saying that this means that he'll make it as a star in the NHL, heck I'm not even saying he's the best kid in his age group, but I'm saying you should take his age into consideration when you bust him for turnovers, holding the puck too long, going wide too much, not releasing the puck early enough since all of those are notorious features for younger inexperienced players.

Even if he stays for many years or become the bait value of a trade, I think he'll turn out pretty good. 80 points in his prime shouldn't be impossible, with more than acceptable two-way play. I think he puts up a pretty good struggle out there, especially for an offensive talent at the age of 22. I also think everything considered he's been better than JvR, this year and every other.

But I suppose this is how it'll always be, man Hartnell everybody wanted to throw away for nothing 2 weeks ago, then he had 5 goals, 5 assists and +6 in 5 games. Was kind of something like that for Jagr also, an almost 40 year old everybody thought was useless compared to his potential, thinking he's the player he was 5+ years ago. Brygalov also got it bad. Simmonds, Voracek, JvR, Carle and Coburn I guess are the guys who'll get it now... Then maybe Briere, Meszaros and a few more. People want to see star play from players who because of different reasons aren't stars (age more than anything), and they refuse to take those reasons into consideration. Well, well...

thephillyflu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 04:07 PM
thephillyflu

Also, we got him for nothing. We got Couturier and a 3rd which I'm unsure how it'll turn out, and it'd good value for a player like Carter. Now we got Voracek into the bargain.

With Richards, obviously the much more valuable player, we got something similar, but without the "+ Voracek". I think Schenn + Simmonds is nearly less value than Couturier (or CBJ 1st rounder as it really was), a 3rd and Voracek, and I as well as everybody else probably values Richards at least a "+2nd round pick" higher than Carter.

So be happy. When we got him thrown along, why not give him a serious shot.

thephillyflu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 04:53 PM
Jtown

vCash: 539
Voracek suffers from what a lot of flyers suffer from, and that is the inability to finish.

We have 2 guys who you can consider world class finishers in Briere and Jagr. After that we have a bunch of young guys who have never really scored much at any point in their careers. When i think about it hartnell is probably our 3rd best goal scorer. These things go one of two ways, you either have this knack at a very young age or you develop it. If you don't develop it that is when a prospect busts.

Voracek is really a great puck carrier, and has a bit of jagr in him but if he can't finish then his skills become a bit pointless.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 09:42 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by thephillyflu View Post
I think Voraceck has the wonderful combination of forceful speed and stickhandling technique that all the absolute best players have these days. All the best of the best guys are the guys that can carry the puck through and through a defense, through neutral zone, with quick moves at high speeds. I mean look at Malkin, Crosby, Stamkos, Giroux, Kopitar, Kovalchuk, Ovechkin and so on. What do they have in common with Voracek? They are excellent puckcarriers and can control the puck at the highest speed. In our team it's only Giroux and Voracek + somewhat Jagr and Briere that can do that. But that's not my point, it's just something that more and more distinguish the sheer quality of the best players these days.

Yes, for now he goes wide too much and hold on to the puck too long.

Are you all forgetting that he is 22 years of age? Born 1989? Born his year or younger, there are only 4 players with better production the last couple of seasons. Those are Stamkos, Duchene and Tavares... Benn got one point more than Voracek also. Born in his year (1989) only, he's the best but one point for Benn.
He's been producing more points than every other guy his age (or younger, but I don't think that's as relevant) including 13 points more than Gagner and 21 points more than James van Riemsdyk.

He's outproduced every guy ahead of him in his (although weak) draft year, except Patrick Kane (who's a year older).

Give the kid a break.

Now I'm not saying that this means that he'll make it as a star in the NHL, heck I'm not even saying he's the best kid in his age group, but I'm saying you should take his age into consideration when you bust him for turnovers, holding the puck too long, going wide too much, not releasing the puck early enough since all of those are notorious features for younger inexperienced players.

Even if he stays for many years or become the bait value of a trade, I think he'll turn out pretty good. 80 points in his prime shouldn't be impossible, with more than acceptable two-way play. I think he puts up a pretty good struggle out there, especially for an offensive talent at the age of 22. I also think everything considered he's been better than JvR, this year and every other.

But I suppose this is how it'll always be, man Hartnell everybody wanted to throw away for nothing 2 weeks ago, then he had 5 goals, 5 assists and +6 in 5 games. Was kind of something like that for Jagr also, an almost 40 year old everybody thought was useless compared to his potential, thinking he's the player he was 5+ years ago. Brygalov also got it bad. Simmonds, Voracek, JvR, Carle and Coburn I guess are the guys who'll get it now... Then maybe Briere, Meszaros and a few more. People want to see star play from players who because of different reasons aren't stars (age more than anything), and they refuse to take those reasons into consideration. Well, well...
Great post. It's his ability to accelerate while carrying the puck that distinguishes him from other players. He's playing well and he's going to be great. Simmonds has moments where you see how good he's going to be.

Health of the whole team will be an issue, but by playoff time we could be firing on all cylinders with some very big, fast skilled wingers to go with our talented forwards. JVR, JV, Simmonds, Hartnell and that Jagr kid, where did they find him?

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 11:03 AM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

Lets see how Voracek does tonight agianst his old team hoping he at least get a goal.....

BleedOrange is offline   Reply With Quote