HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Another reason why Réjean Tremblay should ****

Old
11-02-2011, 04:51 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

vCash: 500
Réjean is out for lunch in more ways than one.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 04:53 PM
Boardish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max et Guillaume View Post
Just for the record, Stalin killed way more people than Hitler.... so he's basically comparing PG and the Habs brass to two guys who together are responsible for the death of 25 million people....

yup, makes sense to me...
Actually, this kind of overraction and sensationalism, aka comparing what Gauthier is doing to Nazis and Communists, is showing exactly why the team is acting this way in the first place.

Good job Tremblay proving Gauthier's point.

Boardish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 05:03 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
How many teams would deny an interview with a newly assigned Asst. coach?
Not feeling like I or anyone needed that interview, but wondering why it was denied.
and how many NHL teams have more than 2 or 3 journalists following them ?

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 05:23 PM
NewHabsEra*

Réjean Réjean Réjean.. Montreal is a zoo, you should know it, 2-3 talk shows every nights talking exclusively about the Habs, trying to create controversy, propagenda to increase the attendence rating.. Gauthier is only protecting the org. and his players from you, the crazy ones who write anything to evacuate your frustration about how this team is led.. You are the crazy ones who try to convince the simple minded fans of this world how this team should be managed.. The best thing that happened to this org. in my honest opinion was when Gainey has shown you, wolves pack, the door of the airplane! It was a good start!

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 05:26 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Once again, he is one of the guys that i hope will follow the new Nords !

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 05:26 PM
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:
Whatever credibility he had, if he had any before making that statement, it just went out the window. Not just with the fans but with fellow media associates as well.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 05:28 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

coward.

nobody pays to watch tva sports anyway.... sens games lolololol

Team_Spirit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 05:32 PM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Whatever credibility he had, if he had any before making that statement, it just went out the window. Not just with the fans but with fellow media associates as well.
It's actually not the first time he's drawn parallels between the Nazis and the Canadiens.

I guess my point is, the guy has been stirring **** for a long time now, and will stop at nothing to get a reaction.

http://sportnographe.radio-canada.ca...fort-8115.html

C’est exactement de cette façon-là que Hitler s’y est pris pour éradiquer les juifs. Au moins, les Nazis eux autres y faisaient pas de cachoterie, ça s’appelait le ministre de la propagande.

Translation: It's the same strategy Hitler used to exterminate jews. At least, the Nazis didn't try to hide it: they called it the propaganda minister.

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 05:34 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
coward.

nobody pays to watch tva sports anyway.... sens games lolololol
Lol, seriously, will anyone watch TVAsports after November 30th? Well, I will have it will be included in my package, but that's because I work for Videotron. There is no way in hell I would choose this channel otherwise.

Last edited by bcv: 11-02-2011 at 05:40 PM.
bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 05:37 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Come on people. We have a nice thread here where everyone is free to openly bash (within reason) a member of the montreal media, the least you could do is not attack eachother.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 05:40 PM
HeShootsHeScores

Dude is a troll. He must be laughing at himself, feeling kinda proud and shy at the same time. He must have trouble managing his emotions. He uses big words to make a small point.

HeShootsHeScores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 05:43 PM
Miller Time

didn't the MNF music guy get canned for making a similar outlandish comparison about Obama?

his employers should can his ass.

I may not agree with PG on this issue (then again, i'd want to keep as much hidden as possible if I was running my company without a clear plan/vision), but to compare it to nazism or stalinism???

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 05:44 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
I see Rejean miss the time where he can drink a coffee with Serge Savard.

Last edited by CareyClutch: 11-02-2011 at 07:38 PM.
CareyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 05:47 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe84 View Post
It's actually not the first time he's drawn parallels between the Nazis and the Canadiens.

I guess my point is, the guy has been stirring **** for a long time now, and will stop at nothing to get a reaction.

http://sportnographe.radio-canada.ca...fort-8115.html

C’est exactement de cette façon-là que Hitler s’y est pris pour éradiquer les juifs. Au moins, les Nazis eux autres y faisaient pas de cachoterie, ça s’appelait le ministre de la propagande.

Translation: It's the same strategy Hitler used to exterminate jews. At least, the Nazis didn't try to hide it: they called it the propaganda minister.
And yet, Réjeaune is the staunchiest of defenders of the French-Quebecer blood. He's more like the Nazis than anybody in the Habs organization. He uses huge amounts of sophistry in lieu of actual facts, and when he uses facts, he twists them, puts things out of context to fit his bigoted demagogy. That's propaganda, and the motive is racial superiority (We need Frenchmen on the team).

There's a reason why someone photoshopped his head on Saddam's body all those years ago.

Old
11-02-2011, 05:47 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

I hate Tremblay with a passion. But not being able to talk to Ladouceur about what he'd want to implement and all is stupid. Just like not being able to talk to Timmins on draft day and let Gauthier do it, Gauthier who has no idea who those players are. And from the few times we hear Gauthier, let just say that we could get rid of the biggest press conference of the year which is the post-season report. Based on the fact that you never hear anything and Gauthier makes sure to do it the day after being eliminated so that the only thing they could see is....."We don't know yet, evaluations needs to come, if there's something we'll let you know".

Having said all of that SOME medias do only have themselves to blame. But my point is that if you don't want to give anything to Tremblay, well don't. And give it to the ones who does a respectful job. I don't know but did Ladouceur talked to McGuire and Dubé on the radio? Here's an example of what they could have done. Just choose to inform your fans at your TV and Radio partners.

But Tremblay is stupid and all those comparisons should be enough to ban him for everything. The organization doesn't talk. If there would be propaganda, they'd only talk when it's good.....but they don't talk.....Just retire already....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 05:52 PM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I hate Tremblay with a passion. But not being able to talk to Ladouceur about what he'd want to implement and all is stupid. Just like not being able to talk to Timmins on draft day and let Gauthier do it, Gauthier who has no idea who those players are. And from the few times we hear Gauthier, let just say that we could get rid of the biggest press conference of the year which is the post-season report. Based on the fact that you never hear anything and Gauthier makes sure to do it the day after being eliminated so that the only thing they could see is....."We don't know yet, evaluations needs to come, if there's something we'll let you know".

Having said all of that SOME medias do only have themselves to blame. But my point is that if you don't want to give anything to Tremblay, well don't. And give it to the ones who does a respectful job. I don't know but did Ladouceur talked to McGuire and Dubé on the radio? Here's an example of what they could have done. Just choose to inform your fans at your TV and Radio partners.

But Tremblay is stupid and all those comparisons should be enough to ban him for everything. The organization doesn't talk. If there would be propaganda, they'd only talk when it's good.....but they don't talk.....Just retire already....
I don't think these restrictions apply to all journalists. Tremblay dug a whole for himself years ago and still pays for it today. It's basically because of him, almost solely, that journalists have a more restricted access to the team now. He used to have open doors everywhere in the organization until he thought he was bigger than the team and made huge drama for nothing. Gainey then forbid him most contact with the team and I'd guess that's what's still going on today.

And Nazis? Godwin's law, Rejean loses automatically. I'm a journalism student who intends to pursue a career in sports journalism and I'm fine with what the Habs did. If you don't play by the rules, you're not entitled to anything.

Turtleneck Plek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 05:54 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post

didn't the MNF music guy get canned for making a similar outlandish comparison about Obama?

his employers should can his ass.

I may not agree with PG on this issue (then again, i'd want to keep as much hidden as possible if I was running my company without a clear plan/vision), but to compare it to nazism or stalinism???
Damn you're so friggin childish. It's not because they don't abide to your simplistic hockey-world view that it means they don't have a plan or vision.

Funny how Pittsburgh went out and bolstered their D after getting a lesson in defensive hockey by the Habs. I guess they didn't copy the Habs vision or plan, because obviously, Habs didn't have any...

Old
11-02-2011, 05:56 PM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
And yet, Réjeaune is the staunchiest of defenders of the French-Quebecer blood. He's more like the Nazis than anybody in the Habs organization. He uses huge amounts of sophistry in lieu of actual facts, and when he uses facts, he twists them, puts things out of context to fit his bigoted demagogy. That's propaganda, and the motive is racial superiority (We need Frenchmen on the team).

There's a reason why someone photoshopped his head on Saddam's body all those years ago.
Let's not go overboard either... It's just lazy journalism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleneck Plek View Post
I don't think these restrictions apply to all journalists. Tremblay dug a whole for himself years ago and still pays for it today. It's basically because of him, almost solely, that journalists have a more restricted access to the team now. He used to have open doors everywhere in the organization until he thought he was bigger than the team and made huge drama for nothing. Gainey then forbid him most contact with the team and I'd guess that's what's still going on today.

And Nazis? Godwin's law, Rejean loses automatically. I'm a journalism student who intends to pursue a career in sports journalism and I'm fine with what the Habs did. If you don't play by the rules, you're not entitled to anything.
You should have read the article first. Réjean didn't ask for an interview. Réjean doesn't do that kind of stuff anymore. At this point, all he does is give his opinion about anything related to sports, even if it's based on hearsay and rumors.

It's about François Gagnon, a respectable journalist, being denied the interview. I can see that as a problem personally. I mean, it's hockey. There's no way anybody should make this big of a deal about it. But why not just let them interview the guy, what could possibly come out of it that would be so terrible?

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 06:10 PM
Bloumeister
Food Court Jester

Head of the Communist regime replies...

Canöe Sports - Molson réplique à Tremblay

What bothers me more than Réjean's usual schtick (i.e. rantings) is the way Québécor media creates "news" out of ramblings from TVA Sports broadcasts. Tremblay burps, there goes a headline on JdeM/Canöe/QMI. Laraque farts, here comes controversy!

The only thing remotely newsworthy that came out of TVA Sports was the "Brisebois booed out of town and depressive" story last month. And even that was milked over a few days.

So Réjean complains about the lack of access to news content while his employer orchestrates fabricated news. Here's your crash course in journalisme Québécois, folks: either we hide the truth from you (and believe me, guys like Tremblay and Raymond covered their friends and sources' juicy behinds on a regular basis in their heyday), or we twist and remodel it until it makes for an punchy headline.

HFB EXCLUSIVE - EMELIN WANTS MORE ICE IN HIS BLACK RUSSIAN

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 06:17 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post

Well Gauthier just fired Pearn, its too soon and very "touched" to let him talk to the medias.. Im sure it will eventually happen, just not right now while the team's confidence is still fragile, Gauthier just want to avoid controversy..

Old
11-02-2011, 06:17 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
Head of the Communist regime replies...

Canöe Sports - Molson réplique à Tremblay

What bothers me more than Réjean's usual schtick (i.e. rantings) is the way Québécor media creates "news" out of ramblings from TVA Sports broadcasts. Tremblay burps, there goes a headline on JdeM/Canöe/QMI. Laraque farts, here comes controversy!

The only thing remotely newsworthy that came out of TVA Sports was the "Brisebois booed out of town and depressive" story last month. And even that was milked over a few days.

So Réjean complains about the lack of access to news content while his employer orchestrates fabricated news. Here's your crash course in journalisme Québécois, folks: either we hide the truth from you (and believe me, guys like Tremblay and Raymond covered their friends and sources' juicy behinds on a regular basis in their heyday), or we twist and remodel it until it makes for an punchy headline.

HFB EXCLUSIVE - EMELIN WANTS MORE ICE IN HIS BLACK RUSSIAN

Quebecor has the worst sports journalists. The new ones aren't any better either. The new guy, Jonathan Bernier poster an article in the JDM about salaries being as high as when the CBA was signed.... hey big genius, with salaries being directly related to revenues by a %, it was kinda obvious that if revenues went up, salaries would also go up. It's simple logic, and yet his article was highly alarmist... so friggin dumb.

Old
11-02-2011, 06:18 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Well Gauthier just fired Pearn, its too soon and very "touched" to let him talk to the medias.. Im sure it will eventually happen, just not right now while the team's confidence is still fragile, Gauthier just want to avoid controversy..
I don't know where you get your info, but Pearn did talk to the media. JDM had an article with direct quotes from him, just 2-3 days after he got canned.

Old
11-02-2011, 06:19 PM
neofury*

Has anyone ever stopped to think that maybe this guy isn't comfortable with the press and that he doesn't like doing interviews? Maybe that's why they won't let him? He's an assistant coach. Maybe he just frankly does not want to do interviews.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 06:25 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Has anyone ever stopped to think that maybe this guy isn't comfortable with the press and that he doesn't like doing interviews? Maybe that's why they won't let him? He's an assistant coach. Maybe he just frankly does not want to do interviews.
That's because you aren't following THE plan.

The plan is, when lacking info, conclude negatively and criticize the organization and say all that as if it was a fact.

Old
11-02-2011, 06:25 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
I don't know where you get your info, but Pearn did talk to the media. JDM had an article with direct quotes from him, just 2-3 days after he got canned.
I didnt express myself well, I was reffering to Ladouceur, he is obviously playing a bigger role behind the bench since Pearn has been fired, so its too soon IMO to make Randy avalaible to the medias when you know what kind of questions he will have to answer to.. Its like presenting your new girlfriend to your son just after telling him you broke with his mom..