HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Caps vs. Ducks. 7:30 EDT. Verizon Center. 11.1.2011

Old
11-02-2011, 03:22 PM
tycoonheart

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
The best part of this last game though is the fact that Backstrom has returend to form.
Nicky has been in form since the start of the season. Ovi is holding him back.

tycoonheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 03:45 PM
MoJoSauce

Just watched the replay on my DVR since I only caught the GTG and GWG by Backstrom. I was impressed with Eakin's game even though he didnt tally last night. It seemed like all 3 of his shots were solid scoring chances.

3rd line looked solid. The whole "benching" OV thing is being blown way out of proportion and I say good on Bruce for keeping him off on the tying goal.

HOW ABOUT SCHULTZ?

MoJoSauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 04:31 PM
Dirtbag59

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycoonheart View Post
Nicky has been in form since the start of the season. Ovi is holding him back.
Yeah I was a little vague there. I mean he did go into that game leading the team in points. What I should have said was this past game should have silenced any doubts people had about weather Backstrom had lost his touch after getting the big contract. I think it's safe to say that once again he is an elite player. But yeah Ovi is totally past his prime. He's actually the worst player in the league right now by far. We should send him down to Hershey and hope someone takes his contract off our hands through waivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoJoSauce View Post
Just watched the replay on my DVR since I only caught the GTG and GWG by Backstrom. I was impressed with Eakin's game even though he didnt tally last night. It seemed like all 3 of his shots were solid scoring chances.

3rd line looked solid. The whole "benching" OV thing is being blown way out of proportion and I say good on Bruce for keeping him off on the tying goal.

HOW ABOUT SCHULTZ?
I might have to go back and watch the game somehow but I could have sworn Eakin had 3 quality chances last night that were stopped by Hiller. Even more impressive was how willing he was to go to the front of the net.

Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 04:33 PM
Fallschirmyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Doubt we see the match-up, but I'm hoping it's Skinner.
Ever see what happens on a perfect shot on a clay pigeon during ***** shooting? That's what would happen to skinner. Powdered and float away on the breeze.

The whole Ovey/BB thing is no big deal. I'm happy as s*** that Ovey was pissed and cursing. Sends a message to everyone that if you want ice time you have to earn it. No more free time.

Fallschirmyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 05:04 PM
bonzaibondra12

Semin-Majo-Eakin was working well last night. I can't believe one of those guys didn't score. Hell, Semin was even throwing some hits last night.

Hamrlik is playing like Hannan last year. Give it time. He looks hesitant about pinching, and then he does it too late getting caught out of position.

Nikky for Hart. Getting setup by the playmaker Schultz.

bonzaibondra12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 05:52 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzaibondra12 View Post
Nah, Schultz knucklepassed it to Ovie who soccerpassed it to Nicky.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 06:04 PM
Dirtbag59

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzaibondra12 View Post
Semin-Majo-Eakin was working well last night. I can't believe one of those guys didn't score. Hell, Semin was even throwing some hits last night.

Hamrlik is playing like Hannan last year. Give it time. He looks hesitant about pinching, and then he does it too late getting caught out of position.

Eakin on that second line is intriguing but I'm a little worried about it being an all speed line. Don't get me wrong, all three of them are willing to throw the body around but with them especially I'm going to need to see more before I can start lobbying for them to become a regular group. A physical team like Boston or Pittsburgh would be a nice test.

Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 06:21 PM
IafrateOvie34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycoonheart View Post
Damn.

There is a video of Culter telling his OC to "**** off" and no one in the media turned that into a big deal. And the media loves to crap on Cutler.

Can't believe how much attention this is getting.

I'd actually be worried if Ovi listened to Bruce w/o making a fuss about it.
The NHL Canadian base will certainly eat it up, particularly Toronto and Montreal media hoping this will turn into a Patrick Roy type thing. It's just a bunch of bored fans hoping it becomes something it isn't so they can start trade rumor garbage. I find the whole thing hillarious and not a big deal personally.

IafrateOvie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 06:22 PM
bonzaibondra12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
Eakin on that second line is intriguing but I'm a little worried about it being an all speed line. Don't get me wrong, all three of them are willing to throw the body around but with them especially I'm going to need to see more before I can start lobbying for them to become a regular group. A physical team like Boston or Pittsburgh would be a nice test.
Yea, tough to make them a regular group, but Eakin was a lot more effective than MP85.

You can break them up against a more physical team, but the speed of that line is lethal.

bonzaibondra12 is offline   Reply With Quote