HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hawks at 11 forwards - is a trade coming?

Closed Thread

Old
11-07-2005, 02:01 PM
Behn Wilson

vCash: 500
Hawks at 11 forwards - is a trade coming?

Hawks just sent St Pierre back to Norfolk. THis puts their roster at only 11 forwards (plus 7 defenseman) with no extra players.

So unless they olan on dressing 7 dmen it looks like a roster move is forthcoming.
If it was a different player being recalled they would have announced it at the same time as the demotion.

Hmmmm!!

If they do make a move, my guess is they acquired Mike Comrie for a draft choice.

Old
11-07-2005, 02:05 PM
sveiglar

Hilbert in, St. Pierre out.

Old
11-07-2005, 02:07 PM
Behn Wilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by sveiglar
Hilbert in, St. Pierre out.

They are sending Hilber to Norfolk till he gets in game shape, so that isnt it.

Old
11-07-2005, 02:08 PM
Claypool*

lol Ziggy Palffy am i rite?

Old
11-07-2005, 02:10 PM
Behn Wilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claypool
lol Ziggy Palffy am i rite?
I hope so. Assuming we dont give up to much.

Old
11-07-2005, 02:47 PM
salty justice

I havent seen anything on him going to Norfolk, where did you hear this Behn?

Our most desperate need is at center as the only NHL experienced centers we have are Arnason, Brown, and Dowd. Bell could play center but he has not looked good playing there this season.

This would lead people believe that perhaps a deal involving Comrie is in the works. But Mike Comrie's father is a close friend of Gretzky, which is the reason he was brought to Phoenix. Supposedly Comrie said he would only play in LA or Phoenix. So Im not getting my hopes up on landing him, though Id be happy with it as long as we dont give up too much.

Palffy and Vrada are the other two rumoured players on the trade block. But neither fill our center need and Palffy is playing too good to trade him right now.

I really dont have any better ideas as to what is on the horizon for trades in the near future. I just assumed Hilbert would start off on the club since we sent St Pierre packing so quickly. I would have preferred he got a longer look.

Old
11-07-2005, 02:52 PM
Behn Wilson

St Pierres demotion was on the Hawks official website.
http://www.chicagoblackhawks.com/

He just isnt NHL ready (if he ever will be is another question).

And per today's Daily Herald Tallon said Hilbert will go to Norfolk for a conditioning stint after he is signed.

Old
11-07-2005, 02:58 PM
VanW27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behn Wilson
Hawks just sent St Pierre back to Norfolk. THis puts their roster at only 11 forwards (plus 7 defenseman) with no extra players.
That is weird, but at the same time some people are starting to think that dressing 7 D is the way to go with the amount of penalties and pounding defenseman are taking so it is possible they could just go with what they have.

Old
11-07-2005, 03:07 PM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
The habs have already play a few games with 7D and 11 forwards this year. So it's not that big of a problem with the penalties, i agree.

Having no player available in the stands is another problem imo, and a bigger one.

Old
11-07-2005, 03:10 PM
GaryU

Probably not much of an issue. Someone will be up from Norfolk before Thursday (unless the impossible happens trade-wise).

Old
11-07-2005, 03:12 PM
salty justice

I think Duncan Keith will just be moved to forward again so that Cullimore can get back in the line up. Damn Behn you had my speculation juices flowing. Dont forget this is the Hawks we are talking about here, dont expect anymore deals

Old
11-07-2005, 03:12 PM
Behn Wilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwychen27
That is weird, but at the same time some people are starting to think that dressing 7 D is the way to go with the amount of penalties and pounding defenseman are taking so it is possible they could just go with what they have.
Duncan Keith dressed one game as a forward and didnt look out of place so maybe its their plan but with all our injuries I would think they need at least one extra player. If someone pulls a hammie in warmups you need to have an extra player on hand.

Old
11-08-2005, 11:59 AM
Behn Wilson

The Hawks just recalled some slug from their AHL team today, so the roster spot wasnt for a trade acquisition, bummer. Another letdown for hawk fans, what else is new.

Sorry for the false alarm everyone.

Old
11-08-2005, 12:07 PM
Teemu

It's a given that Hilbert will play in the AHL upon being signed as a conditioning stint. The Hawks will probably switch between Duncan Keith and Mark Cullen until he's ready... I don't see why we sent down St. Pierre, though

Old
11-08-2005, 02:00 PM
Stuy

Quote:
The Hawks just recalled some slug from their AHL team today, so the roster spot wasnt for a trade acquisition, bummer. Another letdown for hawk fans, what else is new.

Sorry for the false alarm everyone.

He's not a slug. He's a pretty good hockey player who's off to a great start in Norfolk. Mark Cullen. He's got 10 points in 12 games.

Old
11-08-2005, 02:03 PM
Charge_Seven

Quote:

So unless they olan on dressing 7 dmen it looks like a roster move is forthcoming.
If it was a different player being recalled they would have announced it at the same time as the demotion.

Hmmmm!!

If they do make a move, my guess is they acquired Mike Comrie for a draft choice.
Mariusz Czerkawski for a 4th.

Old
11-08-2005, 02:21 PM
Behn Wilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirtzsucks
He's not a slug. He's a pretty good hockey player who's off to a great start in Norfolk. Mark Cullen. He's got 10 points in 12 games.

S-L-U-G!!!

Old
11-08-2005, 07:33 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

I will take Cullen over some puke Pierre guy who stands no taller then my 6 month old son. Cullen finally is going to get a shot, and about flippin time. I am sure Yawney will throw him into the wolves right away since we have a farm team offense anyways. Hilbert will go to Norfolk once signed, but expect him up in no more then 2 weeks regardless of trades. Tallon didnt get him for Norfolk, the kid can play.

the Hawks wont get Comrie because that would make sense, I smell a trade for Jim Cummins, or Sergie Krivokrasov!@#

Last edited by AmericanDream: 11-08-2005 at 07:44 PM.
Old
11-08-2005, 09:04 PM
salty justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream
I will take Cullen over some puke Pierre guy who stands no taller then my 6 month old son. Cullen finally is going to get a shot, and about flippin time. I am sure Yawney will throw him into the wolves right away since we have a farm team offense anyways. Hilbert will go to Norfolk once signed, but expect him up in no more then 2 weeks regardless of trades. Tallon didnt get him for Norfolk, the kid can play.

the Hawks wont get Comrie because that would make sense, I smell a trade for Jim Cummins, or Sergie Krivokrasov!@#

You are quickly tarnishing the reputation of your fellow Hawk fans around here, and Im not just talking about this post.

Height has nothing to do with the skill or success of a hockey player.

Old
11-08-2005, 09:57 PM
Behn Wilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty justice
You are quickly tarnishing the reputation of your fellow Hawk fans around here, and Im not just talking about this post.

St Pierre and Cullen are both slugs. AHL roster fillers and thats it.

Last edited by Behn Wilson: 11-09-2005 at 06:03 PM.
Old
11-09-2005, 02:31 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty justice

wow such high praise, i didnt know you had to be so highly regarded on a hockey board!!!! hahahaha get a life man.

That clown was so successful they couldnt slap his butt faster on a bus back the beer leagues. Pierre is a joke. Bring on Hilbert baby!!

Old
11-09-2005, 05:13 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
What reputation?

Closed Thread