HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All-Visiting From Out of Town/Ticket Thread for the Washington Capitals

Old
10-27-2011, 10:42 AM
ChiHawk21

vCash: 500
Ok so i realize that its probably one of the biggest tickets of the year for you guys but Jan 11th vs the penguins....Im going to be in Baltimore for work but while I am that close to DC and theres a Caps Penguins game going on im not going to miss it...Is stub hub the best place for these tickets? Is it sold out already? Should i buy now---is the team only gunna keep tearing it up?

ChiHawk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 06:49 PM
BrandNewDream

Anyone looking to sell for the game on November 25th vs. the Rangers? PM me.

Also, can anyone recommend some good hotels that are within walking distance of all main attractions? (Congress, Supreme Court, White House, etc.)

Thanks guys!

BrandNewDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 05:06 PM
Raikkonen
In GMBT we trust

So! I've got my USA visa! Flying in after New Year and possibly for playoffs too.

Have a question: what are my chances to get tickets for Tampa-Washington (Jan 13th, Friday) just before the game? I'll need 3 at minimum. Is it really hard task or only moderate?

Raikkonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 05:13 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikkonen View Post
So! I've got my USA visa! Flying in after New Year and possibly for playoffs too.

Have a question: what are my chances to get tickets for Tampa-Washington (Jan 13th, Friday) just before the game? I'll need 3 at minimum. Is it really hard task or only moderate?
I'd guess moderate. Tampa would be easy for a weeknight, but weekend games are always tougher. Still don't think you'll have much trouble.

EDIT: I should clarify--I'm talking about buying from scalpers/people with extras, not from the box office.

Last edited by NobodyBeatsTheWiz: 11-03-2011 at 05:23 PM.
NobodyBeatsTheWiz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 05:16 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandNewDream View Post
Anyone looking to sell for the game on November 25th vs. the Rangers? PM me.

Also, can anyone recommend some good hotels that are within walking distance of all main attractions? (Congress, Supreme Court, White House, etc.)

Thanks guys!
There's a bunch of decent hotels in the middle of everything. What's your price range?

Old
11-03-2011, 08:38 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikkonen View Post

Hey RuProf, i didnt know you changed your user name until today!

I often use stubhub.com for tickets but you will need access to a printer. Just monitor that site beforehand to keep an eye on availability for the games you want. I never use the scalpers selling tickets outside the arena, I always fear getting counterfeit tickets. Stubhub has a guarantee.

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 12:59 AM
Lombardi23

I'm making the trip from Pittsburgh for the December 1st game with my buddy. We already got our tickets off of stub hub a couple months ago, and we are staying at the comfort inn (not sure which one but it is really close to the arena I know, less than a mile). We are coming in thursday morning and just wondering if anyone from the area had some suggestions on where to eat/DRINK before the game? Ive been to DC once and know there were quite a few places around the arena, but just wondering if there is a "hockey bar".

Thanks guys!

EDIT: Our tickets are in Sec 429, Row H....any comments on the seats?

Last edited by Lombardi23: 11-05-2011 at 01:09 AM.
Lombardi23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 07:45 AM
yay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardi23 View Post
I'm making the trip from Pittsburgh for the December 1st game with my buddy. We already got our tickets off of stub hub a couple months ago, and we are staying at the comfort inn (not sure which one but it is really close to the arena I know, less than a mile). We are coming in thursday morning and just wondering if anyone from the area had some suggestions on where to eat/DRINK before the game? Ive been to DC once and know there were quite a few places around the arena, but just wondering if there is a "hockey bar".

Thanks guys!

EDIT: Our tickets are in Sec 429, Row H....any comments on the seats?
Most of the bars around VC become 'hockey bars' before game time. I can't think of one that that always is, short of maybe the Green Turtle (inside Verizon Center). Page 1 of this thread lists most of the bars and sights around the area.

Seats aren't bad at all. In the corner on the side the opponent shoots twice, low enough to get a good view to both sides of the ice. You might have depth perception issues on the near goal and might have trouble seeing close-in plays at the other end. But there are really no 'bad' seats at Verizon Center.

yay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 11:07 AM
BrandNewDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
There's a bunch of decent hotels in the middle of everything. What's your price range?
$125-$150 a night. There are a lot of options there, including some 4-4 1/2 star hotels, but it's not the easiest to figure out from just looking at a map sometimes. Thanks.

Old
11-05-2011, 02:28 PM
Lombardi23

Quote:
Originally Posted by yay View Post
Most of the bars around VC become 'hockey bars' before game time. I can't think of one that that always is, short of maybe the Green Turtle (inside Verizon Center). Page 1 of this thread lists most of the bars and sights around the area.

Seats aren't bad at all. In the corner on the side the opponent shoots twice, low enough to get a good view to both sides of the ice. You might have depth perception issues on the near goal and might have trouble seeing close-in plays at the other end. But there are really no 'bad' seats at Verizon Center.
Thanks for the reply. I'm happy i got seats where the pens shoot twice haha. Just wasn't sure of the views from there...a 3D seating chart can only show so much.

Appreciate it! Hopefully i don't get any hard times walking around with a Malkin jersey on haha

Lombardi23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 04:29 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandNewDream View Post
$125-$150 a night. There are a lot of options there, including some 4-4 1/2 star hotels, but it's not the easiest to figure out from just looking at a map sometimes. Thanks.
The Verizon Center is right across the street from the Portrait Gallery, 4 blocks north of the National Archives, and 5 blocks north of the National Mall. Pretty much all the sites you'll want to see are around the Mall. So using the Verizon Centeris a pretty decent guide. Look west and south of VC, and you'll find something good.

As for specific hotels in the vicinity:

-Hotel Monaco is literally caddy-corner (southwest) to the Verizon Center, and is $159 a night. Really, really nice hotel with a great restaurant (Poste).

-A couple blocks west, you've got a generic option in the Courtyard for $99 a night.

-A block or two north of the Courtyard is the Grand Hyatt, for $99.

-A block west of that is the Marriott at Metro Center, for $99.

-The Fairfield Inn is on the opposite side of Verizon from Hotel Monaco, and is $109.

There's a bunch more clustered 3-4 blocks north of VC, at the Convention Center for comparable prices, but they're a little further from the sites. There's also a cluster 7 blocks or so west (on 14th street) near the White House, but they're typically more expensive and further from VC. Of the ones of listed, Monaco is the nicest and has the best location, and Fairfield has the worst location (but its still fine).

Old
11-06-2011, 07:20 AM
BrandNewDream

Quote:
The Verizon Center is right across the street from the Portrait Gallery, 4 blocks north of the National Archives, and 5 blocks north of the National Mall. Pretty much all the sites you'll want to see are around the Mall. So using the Verizon Centeris a pretty decent guide. Look west and south of VC, and you'll find something good.

As for specific hotels in the vicinity:

-Hotel Monaco is literally caddy-corner (southwest) to the Verizon Center, and is $159 a night. Really, really nice hotel with a great restaurant (Poste).

-A couple blocks west, you've got a generic option in the Courtyard for $99 a night.

-A block or two north of the Courtyard is the Grand Hyatt, for $99.

-A block west of that is the Marriott at Metro Center, for $99.

-The Fairfield Inn is on the opposite side of Verizon from Hotel Monaco, and is $109.

There's a bunch more clustered 3-4 blocks north of VC, at the Convention Center for comparable prices, but they're a little further from the sites. There's also a cluster 7 blocks or so west (on 14th street) near the White House, but they're typically more expensive and further from VC. Of the ones of listed, Monaco is the nicest and has the best location, and Fairfield has the worst location (but its still fine).
Thanks so much.

Old
11-12-2011, 11:47 AM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
In town for the game, what's the hot spots by the arena?

Ronnie Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 01:32 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Big fan of Graffiato for food. Right across from the arena.

RFD is the adult-beverage hot spot. About two blocks away.

Old
11-12-2011, 02:03 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Big fan of Graffiato for food. Right across from the arena.

RFD is the adult-beverage hot spot. About two blocks away.
Awesome, thanks bro!

11-12-2011, 10:44 PM
goph94
Freezing

Caps vs Jets - Nov 23

I'll be in DC visiting the family for Thanksgiving, and am looking to attend the game on the 23rd. Ideally I'd like tix in the lower level, but a glance at Stubhub shows everything is at least $130 or higher. Not sure what face normally is at Verizon; is there a significant markup for Caps home games?

Most of the Wild games here in Minnesota are sold out (well up until this season) and tickets don't cost nearly that much for the lower level.

Oh, and Craigslist sucks. Every listing seems to be a ticket broker...

goph94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 11:38 PM
mucker*

Anybody selling 11/25 tickets?
If so, PM me.
Thanks.

mucker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 02:44 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goph94 View Post
I'll be in DC visiting the family for Thanksgiving, and am looking to attend the game on the 23rd. Ideally I'd like tix in the lower level, but a glance at Stubhub shows everything is at least $130 or higher. Not sure what face normally is at Verizon; is there a significant markup for Caps home games?

Most of the Wild games here in Minnesota are sold out (well up until this season) and tickets don't cost nearly that much for the lower level.

Oh, and Craigslist sucks. Every listing seems to be a ticket broker...
I don't think you'll have any trouble finding tickets. DC's full of transients that'll be leaving town for the long weekend and it's against Winnipeg. Hold off a little longer on the stubhub front. At worst, you'll be able to get some off scalpers on game day. The $130 or higher is likely accurate for face value of lower bowl. My season tickets are upper bowl and are typically $65 face.

Old
11-18-2011, 08:58 PM
mucker*

Hey, I want to see the Black Friday Ranger game.

I am kicking myself because on tiqiq last week, they were starting at $59, now they are starting at almost $80.

Am I SOL or will they drop between now and next Friday? Heck can I scalp two upper deck pre-game for a "decent" price (under $70)?

Old
11-18-2011, 09:12 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Prices are only going up for that game....

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 10:27 PM
mucker*

So basically I messed up and ordered to late?

Amazing, they have gone up 50% in 4 days...I would have thought they would be dropping as people will be out of town that weekend.

Old
12-28-2011, 07:30 AM
Raikkonen
In GMBT we trust

Guys! Can't travel to USA according to my plan..

So I'm selling 3 tickets to Washington-Tampa @ 13th of January. It's Friday. 7 PM.

Section 214 (Acela Club, Capitals shoot twice). Row H, 3 seats together.

Face value. 144$ each.

Please PM me.

PS: Any buyer should keep in mind that you will get banner "Trade OV, Fire GMGM" with it. Free of charge!

Raikkonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 03:17 PM
ChiHawk21

I need Washington vs Pittsburgh tickets somebody help a brothaa out----I gots dough

ChiHawk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 02:32 PM
sharklife25

vCash: 50
Sharks fan here who goes to the University of Maryland...

Looking for 2 or 4 tickets to the game on February 13th against the Sharks!

Please PM if you've got anything!

sharklife25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 02:26 PM
30Rinks
Go To A Leafs Game @

Got tickets - thanks, see you guys @ the game

Last edited by 30Rinks: 02-15-2012 at 10:32 PM.
30Rinks is offline   Reply With Quote