HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Another reason why Réjean Tremblay should ****

Old
11-02-2011, 07:28 PM
Ollie Williams

vCash: 200
He needs to go work for Fox news. Maybe this is his way to get Fox to notice him.

Ollie Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 07:42 PM
Bloumeister
Food Court Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Williams View Post
He needs to go work for Fox news. Maybe this is his way to get Fox to notice him.
... and someday, 'Lance et compte' becomes 'He Shoots He Scores: Los Angeles', 'HSHS:NY' and 'HSHS: Suicidal Goons'

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 08:46 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Ha! If you ask me it's about time. I've always thought that the media was given too much access to the team. In this case, the interview was harmless...But a standard needs to be set.

What's funny is that many years ago, on this very message board, I posted a topic suggesting that they do something like this, and several posters here said my idea was akin to Nazi Germany and facism. Glad to see that for the most part, people here have changed their tune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
He doesn't have to let the media do anything. The media shares part of the blame for the mediocrity this franchise has had to endure for almost 2 decades now. If the management feels that shutting a few idiots out is the way to go, I'm willing to give it some time to see the results.
Well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Grosse Tendresse View Post
But it's not Trembaly who is being shut out, it's François Gagnon.

If it wasn't for the media talking about the Habs 24/7, the Habs would never be as successful financially. You can blame them for mediocrity on the ice, but they are also responsable for the financial success the team has become for Gillett and now Molson.

You can't take all the free advertising and the interest in your product that it brings and then just stop doing business with the journalists.
I disagree. The market is saturated, and that Habs will be a success financial with or without the media constantly reporting on them. If anything, the media should be grateful that this organization exists, because without the Habs, the vast majority of these guys would not have jobs. The Habs are basically the only sports related topic that sells any newspapers in this market, and these people wouldn't exist if they weren't around. In terms of french language media particularly, there is nothing else out there in the sports world that would require so many journalists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
BAM!! That's a loaded statement! If you blame the media for overlaying language politics onto a hockey team, then I agree with you -- they've handicapped the Habs with layers of crap no other franchise has to worry about. Idiots.

Unfortunately, those idiots are purveyors of the information we demand, as paying customers of the Montreal Canadiens organization. If journalists are shut out, we're shut out.
The Canadiens are a private organization, just like these media outlets. The information relayed by the organization can be as little or as abundent as they want it to be, and we as "paying customers" have little to say about it. You can complain, but the only thing you can really do is stop watching and stop buying tickets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Arrogance is easier to take when there are results on the ice. Gauthier will regret not playing nice with the media, the infotainment industry is partly about access and media helping you to promote your brand. He needs to realize this or go into another field.
It's the media that will regret not playing nice with the organization all these years. The media needs the team more than the team needs the media. It isn't Rejean Tremblay that keeps people interested and gets them buying tickets. His job is to sell newspapers and get ratings for the network he works for. The guy doesn't give a **** about the team, so why should they give a **** about him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post

didn't the MNF music guy get canned for making a similar outlandish comparison about Obama?

his employers should can his ass.
They should have a long time ago, but they didn't...Which is why the team has to resort to tactics such as these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
There's a reason why someone photoshopped his head on Saddam's body all those years ago.
I got so much flack for it too...Funny how it turns out. It was the Iraqi Minister of Information, but the point still stands.

waffledave
waffledave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 09:10 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
I got so much flack for it too...Funny how it turns out. It was the Iraqi Minister of Information, but the point still stands.

Ha, crap, the irony. It's even worst, minister of information is the same as Propaganda minister... Réjaune is both the pot AND the kettle, but they're both YELLOW!!!

I also remember you're the one photoshopped me the yellow faced michel Villeneuve. Thanks again.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 10:21 PM
Clumsyhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post

What a FAT ****

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 10:36 PM
All-Star

Because of the work I do, I'm not allowed to talk to the media; there's no outcry there, so why should the Habs be forced to play by different rules? Organizations accross the world invest heavily in PR departments for a reason. I believe some elements of the Montreal sports media may have lost track of reality at some point along the way.

All-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 11:00 PM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Star View Post
Because of the work I do, I'm not allowed to talk to the media; there's no outcry there, so why should the Habs be forced to play by different rules? Organizations accross the world invest heavily in PR departments for a reason. I believe some elements of the Montreal sports media may have lost track of reality at some point along the way.
The thing is, this is a hockey team we're talking about. I understand the whole PR thing and all, but how threatening can it be to have the new Assistant coach interviewed by one of Montreal's most mellow sports journalist? Of course Gagnon has had his moments. But he's still one of the "good ones". He didn't come out and say that it was the worst thing to ever happen to him and that the Canadiens were fascists. Tremblay made that his cause. Gagnon was just flabbergasted that something so casual would be declined, and I understand him.

As for the whole "PR" thing... Well... I'm sure Montreal journalists understand and deal with it. That's not to say they don't enjoy creating controversies. Think about it. You work for a 24/7 sports channel and the only sport people care about in the city is Canadiens. Not hockey. Habs. That's all they want to talk about. How much can you REALLY cover if you don't start your own ********? When the slightest thing happen, let's say Subban leaves his clothes on the ground in the locker room and a veteran calls him out on it, you HAVE to cover the "incident" in every possible way, because after a while, there's only so much that can be said about Nokelainen's acquisition or the chemistry on the third line.

It's kind of a vicious circle. The Habs' PR and marketing depts is so good at what they do, they've created this craving for everything Habs. Of course, the city has always revolved around that team too, but it's more popular than ever nowadays, yet the team for the past two decades has been vastly inferior than it has ever been. Because everybody is so crazy about the Canadiens, the media has to cover it as much as possible when it comes to sports. The more they talk about it, the more popular--or at least, the more they cultivate this need--it is.

Let's not act as if the Canadiens are the only team dealing with this. Some cities are crazy about their football team, or their baseball team, or their soccer team...

Where the changes need to come from is from the fans, in my opinion. People need to keep in mind that when Cammalleri loses the puck in the neutral zone and it leads to a goal, it's pointless to start raging and shouting at your TV, then come on HF boards to make a trade proposal. It's also pointless to give any weight to anything a lunatic like Tremblay says. Well... he's not really a lunatic. The guy is smart. I don't think for a minute he believes in the BS he's writing. I think he just enjoys the circus it creates around him. Which we are all participating in, for that matter. I don't get people who get upset at Tremblay for writing what he wrote. If anything it's such a desperate attempt to get attention, it's comical.

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 12:20 AM
Not The One

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Journalists covering the Habs in this province are more often morons craving for attention.

Boohoo Pierre Gauthier does not give us details on injuries. OMG LETS COMPARE THEM TO NAZIS (who killed 6 million people) and Communist Russia (who also killed thousands).

****ing tool. Can he die already?
I enjoy the irony of this post.

Not The One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 12:33 AM
habtastic

If anyone thinks that the sports media in this city is not much more than tabloid journalism, then please review the last big things you remember coming out that were let's say, not helpful. There are too many to list, actually.

The Habs are so important that the organization can do with the tradeoff of taking the "risk" (= 0) that the loss of coverage will cause the Habs to drop in popularity to ice fishing while the team can actually have a better chance at winning (another way of generating interest).

I'm ALL for the journalists being held on a leash. We have a good locker room and a good portion of misinformed fans of the Fox->republican->believe anything mould that for those of us who enjoy facts and the team, and can form our own opinions based on the OBVIOUS things the team can't possibly shut out, it's just better this way.

Gagnon always has to write abotu something. It's his job. He's not the worst, but eventually he'll have to find something. The whole Pearn thing is enough to cause another -gate. Things are going well, now media (specifically the usual suspects), please GTFO and let us enjoy our team. As much as the TO media glorifies the Leafs, parts of our media bring down the Habs all the time. Pisses me off to no end. Like the example above about giving a quote out of context (Martin re: Price). Good job Gauthier. Now let's run up the debt on the US and put toxins in our merchandise, not to mention allow AK, Emelin and Markov do the player introductions.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 01:04 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe84 View Post
but how threatening can it be to have the new Assistant coach interviewed by one of Montreal's most mellow sports journalist? Of course Gagnon has had his moments. But he's still one of the "good ones".
Gagnon was the one claiming to have heard the infamous 'Kovalev tape' from the Russian journalist. That tape never surfaced. I don't think the Habs take Gagnon too kindly when it comes to interviews, even though he works for RDS, owned by CTVglobemedia and they are owned by Bell... part owners of the Habs.

Old
11-03-2011, 01:24 AM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:
Gagnon was the one claiming to have heard the infamous 'Kovalev tape' from the Russian journalist. That tape never surfaced. I don't think the Habs take Gagnon too kindly when it comes to interviews, even though he works for RDS, owned by CTVglobemedia and they are owned by Bell... part owners of the Habs.
That's exactly what I had in mind when I said "he had his moments". His... bad moments, I guess? I don't know. But I was insinuating the Kovalev incident. Not sure that was the right expression.

I'm pretty sure the Habs have moved on from that though. And although that whole thing was strange, Gagnon has been otherwise professional and fair when covering the Canadiens (compared to most of his coworkers at least).

The fact that you even mentioned the whole "Gagnon works for them indirectly" proves further more how ridiculous this whole thing is. The Canadiens have such a controlled environment, what are they worried about? It's just silly.

Old
11-03-2011, 02:14 AM
ftrudel

The porblems of Rejean Tremblay is that he is cying because he can't find new ideas for he's series Lance & compte. The club is hidding some things to the medias to ensure security and stability of their team. What if we always see Subban with a different girl in the news paper...sincerly most of the hockey fans don't give a **** because we wanna ear about hockey not about their personnal life. If i would ear about it ill buy ''7 jours'' ou ''La semaine''. Tremblay is now too old for this job those old ********** just want to do some paparazi & hollywood coumnist ****! Sorry but he ain't gotta say **** about what the direction control or not. He doesn't have to know that eller & hes wife **** twice a week & they like to do it in the parc lafontaine in front of everbody that kind of stuff aint got nothing to do with hockey... If it happens on the ice or at the training center well thats fine but if its not...then its not our business!

ftrudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 06:40 AM
nnynetpotato

Quote:
The thing is, this is a hockey team we're talking about. I understand the whole PR thing and all, but how threatening can it be to have the new Assistant coach interviewed by one of Montreal's most mellow sports journalist?
Q1. "So,Randy,why was Perry fired?"

Quote:
Amazing he kept his job after that fiasco.

nnynetpotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 07:08 AM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
Quote:
Not only did he claim to have heard it, he claimed he had possession of said tape. It was on an episode of 110% and the very next night, P.J. Stock (of all people) called him out on it and asked him where the tape was, to which he answered, "I don't have the tape."

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 08:57 AM
TheRedKnight

Humm ok, slow news week?

The Habs allow daily interviews with the head coach and players, is that not enough? Or would he rather have the alternative, no interviews and access to the "Media Relations person" by appointment like most companies and government offices have...

TheRedKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 10:14 AM
Huge94

I wonder what Réjean would have done if Gauthier did like Sir Alex Ferguson and boycot the BBC for now about 7 years.

Huge94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 10:21 AM
Joe Cole

Anyone who reads Tremblay and has their opinion on anything affected by it .... well, they deserve him.

I think it is a lost battle to care what idiots believe. Writers,and readers.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 10:33 AM
Joe Cole

We have 4 French TV all sports stations and two magor French papers. We have one English all sports radio station, one English daily. Then we have all general news and entertainment outlets.

One thing we know, people all need an escape from the reality of life, and something easy to understand.

Enter the Montreal Canadiens.

Now... just fill up 24 hours of broadcasting and sell those newspapers.

What do you get?

This.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 10:40 AM
windycity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikizaz View Post
Minor history lesson. Communist russia killed millions more than fascist germany. Stalin was a bad guy.
Not if you consider Hitler the proximate cause of WW2 . . .

windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 11:21 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Journalists covering the Habs in this province are more often morons craving for attention.

Boohoo Pierre Gauthier does not give us details on injuries. OMG LETS COMPARE THEM TO NAZIS (who killed 6 million people) and Communist Russia (who also killed thousands).

****ing tool. Can he die already?
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=967923

Le Tricolore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 11:26 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
I am not going to dressing rooms and posting fake stuff or tabloid news now am I?

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 11:30 AM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnynetpotato View Post
Q1. "So,Randy,why was Perry fired?"

Amazing he kept his job after that fiasco.
1) How is that a "tough" question? That's an easy answer. "Ask Pierre Gauthier, I didn't make that decision". That's what Ladouceur would answer because that's just the simple matter of the fact.

2) First off, the whole fiasco stemmed from a Russian article. Gagnon's mistake was to take part of it. But it did happen (to be clear, I'm not saying Kovalev said those things, but Gagnon was baited, he didn't make those claims up). Then he may or may not have lied about the tapes. They never surfaced, but it could have been at the request of the Canadiens, we don't know that.

I'm not a fan of Gagnon. I don't read him. I don't care for him. But there are MANY people who cover the Canadiens that deserve to be fired before him. The sad truth is that those sport "journalists" are held accountable for nothing. They have no "rigueur journalistique" (not sure how to translate that). Plus, most of these guys are on the Canadiens payroll one way or another when that's the thing they "report" on. How does that makes any sense?

In the end, if you fire a guy like Gagnon, and you may end up giving more air time to a moron like Jean-Charles.

Old
11-03-2011, 11:54 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

What is funny is guys like Alain Chantelois and him can actually still talk live on TV about stuff like that.

I mean really, don't we have good journalists in Quebec than can take over?

It's pathetic.

These ****tards talk about country clubs in teams etc but they don't realize their networks are filled with country clubs and not being accountable.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 12:23 PM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

Quote:
You should have read the article first. Réjean didn't ask for an interview. Réjean doesn't do that kind of stuff anymore. At this point, all he does is give his opinion about anything related to sports, even if it's based on hearsay and rumors.

It's about François Gagnon, a respectable journalist, being denied the interview. I can see that as a problem personally. I mean, it's hockey. There's no way anybody should make this big of a deal about it. But why not just let them interview the guy, what could possibly come out of it that would be so terrible?
My bad lol, I just don't read Tremblay's articles anymore, I don't need that extra, useless frustration in my life.

Still stand by what I say though, because Tremblay is blocked from most Habs-related media stuff. At this point he's just a sour old man with a vengeance. It's crazy that even after leaving La Presse, he still was able to find a tribune to spew his BS. I guess it is Quebecor after all though.

Turtleneck Plek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 02:53 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

The really funny part in all of this, is that if some cabal of some kind could take Rej to power in the province, he'd easily turn the province into a dictatorship, and try to ship out or exterminate any non-French folks, and anyone who speaks another language than French in Public. There would be book and sign burning of everything not French.

Rej is probably the closest thing we have to a Nazi in the Quebec sports media.