HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Most competitive division this season?

Old
10-29-2011, 02:52 AM
GerbeSonOfGloin

vCash: 500
Atlantic looks very tight. There's no team I can point to and say, "they're definitely not making the playoffs". I think the Isles could be the dark horse of the East and the Rangers lineup is too good to be a bottom feeder; they'll at least challenge for a playoff spot.

I think by season's end the Central Division will overtake the Pacific, but we'll see. Chicago, Detroit, and Nashville are near locks for the playoffs and I have St. Louis as the Western sleeper pick.

GerbeSonOfGloin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 03:39 AM
thammias

All these arguments about my division is better than yours is hilarious to me. It's funny how far loyalties go. These are rival teams within your division that you argue with everyday over whos superior but as soon as were all bunched into a division or conference. People are like "woah woah this team that ive been knocking on all season is not as bad as you think because theyre in the same division as me."

Whenever ppl tell me the northeast division sucks I just laugh and say of course it does. I'm in the same division as the Maple Leafs and Montreal after all.

thammias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 08:44 AM
Arrch

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by thammias View Post
All these arguments about my division is better than yours is hilarious to me. It's funny how far loyalties go. These are rival teams within your division that you argue with everyday over whos superior but as soon as were all bunched into a division or conference. People are like "woah woah this team that ive been knocking on all season is not as bad as you think because theyre in the same division as me."

Whenever ppl tell me the northeast division sucks I just laugh and say of course it does. I'm in the same division as the Maple Leafs and Montreal after all.
It's the classic Athens vs Sparta situation.

Right now, Pacific has the highest, point %, but I think its too small of a sample size, particularly because some of the powerhouse teams are struggling and haven't found their groove yet.

Arrch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 12:48 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkBrew View Post
What a scientific analysis! Maybe you should take into account the fact that pittsburgh has so many games played hmm?

Nawww because that would make sense!
Hey *******, I said "there is plenty more to consider". Yeah, reading that would make too much sense for you.

awfulwaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 12:51 PM
Pepper

People need to understand the difference between "competitive" and "balanced".

Just because teams are close to each other doesn't make the division competitive.

Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 10:34 PM
dan1el

I think the northeast is, not because of the amount of talent in the division, but because everyteam is ****.

Boston: returning stanley cup champions; weird playoffs, don't know how they won, they rode the goalie all the way through. lacking an offensive powerhouse, though they are full of decent players. defence is a tad weak outside of Chara.

Buffalo: Vanek appears as though he is returned to top form, though nobody knows. Miller provides solid netminding. Overall, have some offensive and defensive problems. not a very consistent team

Montreal: Very inconsistent. made the playoffs last year and if they made it again, nobody would be surprised, but if they finished 15th in the east nobody would be surprised.

Ottawa&Toronto: Kessel and Spezza are on hot streaks, and I think anybody would expect at least 80+ points each if they play full seasons (maybe 90 for Spezza. I don't think anybody would deny that he has more offensive ability than kessel.) Both teams are looking pretty close to equal.

No matter who wins this division, nobody is getting surprised.

dan1el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 10:41 PM
JacobimMugatu
HF Strength Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan1el View Post
I think the northeast is, not because of the amount of talent in the division, but because everyteam is ****.

Boston: returning stanley cup champions; weird playoffs, don't know how they won, they rode the goalie all the way through. lacking an offensive powerhouse, though they are full of decent players. defence is a tad weak outside of Chara.

Buffalo: Vanek appears as though he is returned to top form, though nobody knows. Miller provides solid netminding. Overall, have some offensive and defensive problems. not a very consistent team

Montreal: Very inconsistent. made the playoffs last year and if they made it again, nobody would be surprised, but if they finished 15th in the east nobody would be surprised.

Ottawa&Toronto: Kessel and Spezza are on hot streaks, and I think anybody would expect at least 80+ points each if they play full seasons (maybe 90 for Spezza. I don't think anybody would deny that he has more offensive ability than kessel.) Both teams are looking pretty close to equal.

The Leafs and Sens equal?
wut

JacobimMugatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 10:45 PM
TheRollingPuck
Keep Calm & Corsi On

Pacific, then the Northeast.

TheRollingPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 10:58 PM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan1el View Post

Your homer is showing.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 11:14 PM
TheArchitect*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobimMugatu View Post
The Leafs and Sens equal?
wut
That part made me lol.

TheArchitect* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 11:37 PM
Affinity

Atlantic in the East and Pacific in the West.

Affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 11:55 PM
4EDM14OIL93

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
Let's look at the current situation:

Atlantic : 18-7 = 11 point difference
Northeast : 13-6 = 7 point difference
Southeast : 14-7 = 7 point difference
Central : 12-3 = 9 point difference
Northwest : 14-9 = 5 point difference
Pacific : 14-10 = 4 point difference

This is just difference from first to last in each division. There is plenty more that adds into it, of course, but Pacific, the Coyotes have taken the Stars to Overtime both times so far, the first place and last place teams, respectively in the division.

I'm going to have to go with the Pacific.
Oilers have 16 points in the NW.. Just saying

Edit: Nvm, thought that was posted today

4EDM14OIL93 is offline   Reply With Quote