HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Isles telecast on Direct Tv

Old
10-26-2011, 06:57 PM
Martin2579

vCash: 500
Isles telecast on Direct Tv

Hello all,

Die hard Isles fan here. I was wondering if any other fans here have direct tv? I am a current Cablevision sub and get every game televised even if its the crappy non HD channel. I hate Cablevision due to expensive cost and anchient hardware and am consoderingna switch to direct TV, are any of you Isles fans with Direct TV, do you miss any games when all the local teams are playing? Also how is the picture quality and do you ever lose service in bad weather? Thanks so much
Martin

Martin2579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 07:41 PM
Law

Send a message via AIM to Law
Sounds like you're on the Island so my experience won't be exactly the same, but DTV is great for Center Ice in general. I usually get all the NYI games in HD (MSG+2 was an issue last year, but haven't had a game on it yet this year so not sure yet).

Someone who has DTV on LI will have to chime in with any issues they encounter though.

Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 08:04 PM
Martin2579

I am actually in northern NJ. I get every game now, is NHL center ice an extra charge? If so how much and won't local games be blacked out?

Old
10-26-2011, 09:39 PM
Renbarg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin2579 View Post
Hello all,

Die hard Isles fan here. I was wondering if any other fans here have direct tv? I am a current Cablevision sub and get every game televised even if its the crappy non HD channel. I hate Cablevision due to expensive cost and anchient hardware and am consoderingna switch to direct TV, are any of you Isles fans with Direct TV, do you miss any games when all the local teams are playing? Also how is the picture quality and do you ever lose service in bad weather? Thanks so much
Martin
I just switched to DirectTV so I don't really know how it holds up in the weather but with Dish Network it went out very rarely and hasn't gone out on DirectTV in the month or so that I have had it.

1. All the games thus far have been in HD
2. You are not gonna miss any games
3. HD quality is much better than Dish. SD is better on Dish but still passable.

Renbarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 09:50 PM
supeez
HFBoards Sponsor

I live on the Island and have DirectTv. As you know, the weather has been bad lately so I have lost service. It doesn't last long. Last year when the Islanders were on SD, due to all the locals playing I was able to watch them on center ice in HD from their opponents feed. Don't know if that was a screw up but I was happy. Butch Goring seems nice enough but watching a game and not listening to Goring was a plus. Good luck with Direct TV!

supeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 10:10 PM
Martin2579

Do you pay extra for center ice?

Old
10-27-2011, 01:36 AM
Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin2579 View Post
Do you pay extra for center ice?
If you live in the NY DMA (sounds like you do), you'll get MSG+ I believe so need for Center Ice. But if you like watching the other games as well, CI is about $170.

If you live outside of NY (like I do in Miami), you'll need Center Ice in order to get the games.

Old
10-27-2011, 01:53 AM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law View Post
If you live in the NY DMA (sounds like you do), you'll get MSG+ I believe so need for Center Ice. But if you like watching the other games as well, CI is about $170.

If you live outside of NY (like I do in Miami), you'll need Center Ice in order to get the games.
Or a Ouija board.But I urge you not to as Ouija boards were linked to the Exorcist and several other paranormal dramas.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 06:34 AM
Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
Or a Ouija board.But I urge you not to as Ouija boards were linked to the Exorcist and several other paranormal dramas.
Not get all OT, but this is coincidentally the only way we're getting rid of Wang one day.

Old
10-27-2011, 02:29 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Not get all OT, but this is coincidentally the only way we're getting rid of Wang one day.

"It's the power of ice that compels you!"

I'm gonna play his Francesca interview backwards. It didn't make any sense the first time......we might be onto something.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 01:36 AM
MJP

You'll never miss a game, the worst thing that happens is if the devils and rangers are also playing at the same time, our games usually get bumped to a 3rd channel which usually isn't in HD. Every game will be aired though.

MJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 01:22 AM
Law

Quote:
Sounds like you're on the Island so my experience won't be exactly the same, but DTV is great for Center Ice in general. I usually get all the NYI games in HD (MSG+2 was an issue last year, but haven't had a game on it yet this year so not sure yet).

Someone who has DTV on LI will have to chime in with any issues they encounter though.
Game tonight against the Jets is on MSG+2 and at the moment, the HD broadcast is available on DirecTV so it appears they've finally worked out an arrangement to get the feed from Dolan (they had an HD station placeholder for the past two years, just no feed).