HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

#11 - 11.03.2011 | Anaheim Ducks @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG (HD), NHLN (HD)

Closed Thread

Old
11-03-2011, 07:21 AM
Revelation
Reanimated

vCash: 500
Erixon better be getting Top Pairing minutes in short order down there with the Whale. From a lineup I saw, Redden and Nightingale were the Top Pairing. If things remain like that, I'm going to rage. A has-been and a never-was getting top minutes over our future? I seriously hope not.

Old
11-03-2011, 07:37 AM
Primetime Powerplay
Muh Offensive Talent

I agree, it is a waste if he does not get top minutes

Old
11-03-2011, 08:30 AM
ak10r
HFBoards Sponsor

Torts should at least dress Avery to back up Hank….. He could sit on the bench and chirp at the Ducks….AFLAC! Crowd is happy.

I think I figured out Torts’s system on the line combos…. It’s like tic tack toe…. Let’s see…. top to bottom, side to side, diagonally, corner to corner….. Kinda like a word hunt game….. or Sudoku game…..

Big win coming……. Love this team……. LGR

Old
11-03-2011, 08:39 AM
Primetime Powerplay
Muh Offensive Talent

I would not dress Avery today after such a good game against San Jose. Keep the lineup as is, and if they need spark to get them going then insert him in to the lineup.

Old
11-03-2011, 08:50 AM
mullichicken25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgoblin Steve View Post
∫LGR!
your expression is incomplete

∫LGR d =

Old
11-03-2011, 09:02 AM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Avery will eventually get his chance, but it may not be for a while. And to reiterate what a few here have said, why mess with the line-up coming off the best win of the season?

Avery will probably be scratched until either we lose a few in a row and it's desperation time, or we play a big rival (Flyers, Devils, Sticks) and Torts wants to inject some "feisty-ness" in the line-up.

Anyway..let's get a win here tonight..LGR!!

Old
11-03-2011, 09:26 AM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Let's go rangers!!

Too bad avery isn't playing

Old
11-03-2011, 09:27 AM
Kind of Blue

I'm one of Avery's biggest supporters, and I agree with the decision to maintain the lineup for now.

I'm just happy he's back.

He's like your crazy girlfriend who is just going to act crazy from time to time, so you break up, but you always want her back, because she's your girlfriend and you love her and you're supposed to be together, and you kinda love her craziness.

Today's article in the Times made me happy. A few highlights:

Quote:
“Listen, I’ve loved every game I’ve ever played for this team,” Avery said. “I just want to help these guys win, just want to play my game, play as hard as I can and help them win.”
Quote:
Avery, unusually expansive in a six-minute session before a phalanx of reporters, said: “We’re all here because we want to play for the Rangers. I love this team. I want to play. I want to win. I want to play as hard as I possibly can, and that’s just what it comes down to.”
Quote:
He added later: “I know a lot of things happened to me over my career. I never rule anything out. Decisions that are out of your control are always out of your control. All you can try to do is work them out and stay positive. I have learned that as time goes on. I just try to work hard. I usually find if that’s the case, good things are going to happen.”
Quote:
Goalie Henrik Lundqvist said it felt “more normal” to have Avery around.

“Sean is bringing something that no other players have in the league,” he said. “He has a lot of edge to his game.”
Quote:
Avery, relaxed and happy, said he was glad to see his old teammates, some of whom will soon become fathers.

“That was really interesting — there’s a lot of babies coming,” Avery said. Then, pausing for effect, he said, “Not mine.”

It is not often that reporters have heard Avery make a joke. But that’s a measure of how glad he is to be a Ranger again.
He loves the sweater, you have to say that. Those guys are important.

Last edited by Kind of Blue: 11-03-2011 at 11:41 AM.
Old
11-03-2011, 09:38 AM
silverfish
Comfortably Numb

Also a huge Avery guy, also not upset he's not in the lineup tonight. However now that he's here it's time for Tortorella to use that short leash when it comes to guys like EC, and WW. If they're floating out there tonight Avery needs to be in the lineup Saturday to make it known that 1 good game won't get you automatic looks.

Let's see what these guys have with Avery barking up and trying to find a way into the lineup.

Also, is anyone on twitter right now watching Cerny blast Rotter? Makes me question what I'm doing with my blog...though, I never post quotes from other beat writers, if I ever post a quote it's one I got listening to NHL Live or other radio broadcasts and I always cite the source, so I think I'm ok...but still, Cerny getting tough on the kid

Old
11-03-2011, 09:42 AM
blixt

Please don't mess with the lines.

LGR!!!

Old
11-03-2011, 09:43 AM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Also a huge Avery guy, also not upset he's not in the lineup tonight. However now that he's here it's time for Tortorella to use that short leash when it comes to guys like EC, and WW. If they're floating out there tonight Avery needs to be in the lineup Saturday to make it known that 1 good game won't get you automatic looks.

Let's see what these guys have with Avery barking up and trying to find a way into the lineup.

Also, is anyone on twitter right now watching Cerny blast Rotter? Makes me question what I'm doing with my blog...though, I never post quotes from other beat writers, if I ever post a quote it's one I got listening to NHL Live or other radio broadcasts and I always cite the source, so I think I'm ok...but still, Cerny getting tough on the kid
Kind of surprised to see him doing that so outwardly.

Old
11-03-2011, 09:51 AM
silverfish
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
Me too, it could have definitely been done in a DM...the tweet that really surprised me from Cerny was...

Quote:
Originally Posted by @JimCerny
Every #NYR writer is sick of this kid's act, passing himself off as something he is not...has never attended game/practice...
https://twitter.com/#!/JimCerny/stat...03352149479424

I'm sure he knows how the other NYR beat guys view Rotter, but to say it like that...I wonder if Zip, Brooks, Gross, etc... have a problem with the way Cerny is handling it.

Old
11-03-2011, 09:52 AM
nyrleetch

Rotter just basically takes another beat writers information posts it and correctly sources and doesn't say it's his own work correct? Or what exactly should he be doing?

Old
11-03-2011, 09:59 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrleetch View Post
Rotter just basically takes another beat writers information posts it and correctly sources and doesn't say it's his own work correct? Or what exactly should he be doing?
He doesn't source it very well, he just throws in embedded links. He really should be at least saying something like "as so and so at this newspaper reports, blah blah blah"

Instead, it does come off like he's the one doing the reporting, especially since not everyone is going to go around clicking all the links to find out where he got the info from. he needs to be up front about where he gets his info from

Old
11-03-2011, 10:08 AM
skroob**

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
Why? You want to mess with the lineup that showed up last game? That beat the Sharks 5-2?
That doesnt matter much. we beat up on a very SOFT sharks team.

Old
11-03-2011, 10:13 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheGr8 View Post
Avery will eventually get his chance, but it may not be for a while. And to reiterate what a few here have said, why mess with the line-up coming off the best win of the season?

Avery will probably be scratched until either we lose a few in a row and it's desperation time, or we play a big rival (Flyers, Devils, Sticks) and Torts wants to inject some "feisty-ness" in the line-up.

Anyway..let's get a win here tonight..LGR!!
So you think Andre Deveaux is going to keep Avery out of the lineup? Not likely. He'll dress on Saturday.

Old
11-03-2011, 10:41 AM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
So you think Andre Deveaux is going to keep Avery out of the lineup? Not likely. He'll dress on Saturday.
Deveaux played a pretty good game the other day, so until he shows he needs to sit, yeah I do.

Old
11-03-2011, 10:42 AM
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

Big game! Gotta take it to Hiller. Let's see some Gaborik goals.

Old
11-03-2011, 11:16 AM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

I would be pretty suprised if Hiller gets the nod again. He was pretty bad vs the Caps and has been slumping a bit for the past 2 weeks.

Old
11-03-2011, 11:17 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
Why is that so unlikely? The big guy played great in his debut, and the team won.

Old
11-03-2011, 11:19 AM
NYRKindms

60 minute effort is really all I ask

Old
11-03-2011, 11:20 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1983 View Post
I would be pretty suprised if Hiller gets the nod again. He was pretty bad vs the Caps and has been slumping a bit for the past 2 weeks.
He'll shut us out, then. Book it.

RANGERS =
Old
11-03-2011, 11:21 AM
NYRFAN218
Brass God

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
Same but this is entertaining. Basing it off the tweets, the problem Cerny has is one of the reporters warned him about it last year and he's kept doing it.

Can't wait for Rotter's response lol

Old
11-03-2011, 11:33 AM
Kane One
Global Moderator
vBookie Bookie

vCash: 3025
Selanne either scored or got an assist on the past 10 goals by Anaheim.

-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

NHL Standings Under Different Point Systems
Old
11-03-2011, 11:40 AM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I know it's early but I'll go so far as to say this is a big game. We can't go back to whatever the **** we were smoking the first 9 games. It's time to build on the Sharks game and start showing up regularly. I'm tired of the bull **** and we're never gonna go anywhere until the bull **** stops. The bull **** needs to stop starting tomorrow. LGR!

I absolutely agree and love the way this post is written lol.

Closed Thread