HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General Predators Talk Part II

View Poll Results: Random question: Which of these jerseys do you like?
Preds normal home jersey 25 52.08%
Preds normal away jersey 23 47.92%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
11-02-2011, 08:47 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Council member Jerry Maynard was on 102.5 the game this morning, and basically (and it could be lip service or his own personal views, given it was on a sports station, immediately preceding a segment with Coach Trotz), he said that the council still viewed it as a good return on investment -- they give the Preds 7 million per year, but it helps to keep the team stable and more importantly, in town, where they can reap the benefits of a full arena, the business that brings to downtown, and the associated tax revenues.
-It's $7.8mil or so. $2mil in management fees, $3.8mil or so in Metro's portion of arena operating expenses (capped), and up to $2mil in incentives paid for from a split of arena generated revenues above the pre-sale baseline level.

-The tax payers are going to pay the operating expenses no matter what, and that amount can climb if Metro reduces the incentive or management fees.
-The incentive fee is only paid if the team maximizes use of the building and seems to be working based on the increased number of events since Liepold sold the team.

Old
11-02-2011, 09:01 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Also, you guys may want to brace yourself for a bunch of bad proposals for members of the big 3. The cover story off the hockey news basically asked which one Nashville is going to have to let go-- and at the same time, last night, Pierre LeBrun and Bob McKenzie discussed the matter on TSN, and both agreed that there's no way Nashville can keep all three, and that Weber is the most likely to go. McKenzie thinks he's gone at the trade deadline, and thinks our goal is a "package of high picks and prospects"
Can't really blame them... it's not like we have exactly been active in our efforts nor made any headway. These things will continue until Poile either trades them or signs them.

Old
11-02-2011, 09:16 AM
PredsV82
No

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
Can't really blame them... it's not like we have exactly been active in our efforts nor made any headway. These things will continue until Poile either trades them or signs them.
while I agree with your overall point that we will keep hearing this until something actually happens, I will also point out that we have no way of knowing whether poile has been "active" or not, nor do we know if the players and their agents are even willing to talk at this point.

Old
11-02-2011, 09:27 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Also, you guys may want to brace yourself for a bunch of bad proposals for members of the big 3. The cover story off the hockey news basically asked which one Nashville is going to have to let go-- and at the same time, last night, Pierre LeBrun and Bob McKenzie discussed the matter on TSN, and both agreed that there's no way Nashville can keep all three, and that Weber is the most likely to go. McKenzie thinks he's gone at the trade deadline, and thinks our goal is a "package of high picks and prospects"
Not surprising on the "picks". This draft class is supposed to be loaded with defensive talent. We know how Poile must be drooling at the thought of some high picks to use on dmen.

Old
11-02-2011, 09:33 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

After seeing the "Kovy deadline", you can bet there will be a million proposals towards the deadline and nobody will listen to logic until the ink is dried on the contracts (if signed). Poile can release a statement saying none of them are available, yet people will still put out a ton of proposals.

Old
11-02-2011, 03:25 PM
darth5
Rowsdower!

Quote:
I don't think ANY negotiation can happen with Weber before Jan. 1 due to arbitration award (read this in article somewhere-- please correct me if I am wrong. As to the other two, would be reassuring if we heard of some movement...

Old
11-02-2011, 03:42 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by darth5 View Post
I don't think ANY negotiation can happen with Weber before Jan. 1 due to arbitration award (read this in article somewhere-- please correct me if I am wrong. As to the other two, would be reassuring if we heard of some movement...
That's why we need to work on Suter/Rinne asafp, imo

Old
11-02-2011, 04:00 PM
Faktion
#balsilliecup

Looks like Fish and SK will be back for the Yotes game.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...ille Predators

Old
11-02-2011, 04:40 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by darth5 View Post
negotiation absolutely can happen, they just can't sign a deal until after jan. 1.

Old
11-02-2011, 04:45 PM
braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
-It's $7.8mil or so. $2mil in management fees, $3.8mil or so in Metro's portion of arena operating expenses (capped), and up to $2mil in incentives paid for from a split of arena generated revenues above the pre-sale baseline level.

-The tax payers are going to pay the operating expenses no matter what, and that amount can climb if Metro reduces the incentive or management fees.
-The incentive fee is only paid if the team maximizes use of the building and seems to be working based on the increased number of events since Liepold sold the team.
Exactly. Two points that also seem to be regularly missed:
1. The increased taxes and real (but harder to measure) benefits of having the team and related crowds in Nashville are a huge offset to the "charity" that is implied.
2. The "team" isn't subsidized-- the arena is subsidized. By that, I mean that reverting to the original deal makes it easier and more likely that the team moves. The arena still stays here and not only loses the anchor tenant but loses world class management, which will cause further harm to the arena's economic performance. The arena is here. It stays with or without the team. Metro would be subsidizing a much, much, much bigger number without the team.

Old
11-02-2011, 04:53 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faktion View Post
Looks like Fish and SK will be back for the Yotes game.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...ille Predators
Awesome news!!

Old
11-02-2011, 05:59 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Not to cause trouble, but what was Fritch going to be doing in Hamilton? Didn't he just sell his company too?

Old
11-02-2011, 07:47 PM
braindead

Quote:
Not to cause trouble, but what was Fritch going to be doing in Hamilton? Didn't he just sell his company too?
??? Not sure I understand the question. Fritch wasn't tied to Hamilton in any way to my knowledge-- that was Ball-silly. Fritch runs a public company in Nashville (Franklin) that just announced a deal to sell (hasn't actually sold yet).

Old
11-02-2011, 07:50 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
??? Not sure I understand the question. Fritch wasn't tied to Hamilton in any way to my knowledge-- that was Ball-silly. Fritch runs a public company in Nashville (Franklin) that just announced a deal to sell (hasn't actually sold yet).
It was reported that Fritch is going up to hamilton soon but it is unclear what for, some canadian fans (SO TAKE THIS WITH ALL THE SALT IN THE GREAT SALT LAKE) suggested that he maybe looking for a majority investor/meeting with city officials to prepare to move the team to Hamilton. I was curious if anyone knew anything about it. Again not saying I think this, but I didn't exactly know how to respond either.

You would think with how much money he is going to get from selling his company that he can put a little more money into the preds

Old
11-02-2011, 07:54 PM
predfan98

What report ?

Old
11-02-2011, 08:14 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
What report ?
I have no idea. They said check globe and mail so I checked the site but couldn't find anything. I doubt it is anything but I was just going to ask (hence why I said take with a grain of salt).

Old
11-02-2011, 08:46 PM
braindead

Probably going up to help Franson load his U-Haul

Old
11-03-2011, 12:51 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
I have no idea. They said check globe and mail so I checked the site but couldn't find anything. I doubt it is anything but I was just going to ask (hence why I said take with a grain of salt).
I wouldn't believe anything that 1 poster wrote on hockeybuzz.

Old
11-03-2011, 12:52 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarding Assets View Post
That's why we need to work on Suter/Rinne asafp, imo
Suter and poile are already starting negotiations

Old
11-03-2011, 07:33 AM
cleangene

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PEKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAA!!! THANK YOU for sharing your "gifts" with PredNation.

Old
11-03-2011, 07:50 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Suter and poile are already starting negotiations
link?

Old
11-03-2011, 07:52 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
link?
I believe it was mentioned on HNIC last weekend or TSN earlier this week. Neil Sheehy, Suter's agent, has been in town a couple of times recently...

Old
11-03-2011, 08:52 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

If we retain the 3, someone's got to bite the bullet and sign. If they all sit around and wait on eachother, we're SOL.

Old
11-03-2011, 11:52 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
If we retain the 3, someone's got to bite the bullet and sign. If they all sit around and wait on eachother, we're SOL.
well, there ya go...

Old
11-03-2011, 12:11 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
well, there ya go...
Yep.

Closed Thread