HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What are your hopes/expectations for the home stand?

Old
10-31-2011, 04:58 PM
Jersey Girl

vCash: 500
Well, I was hoping for 4-1-1. Now that they've gotten the -1-1 out of the way, it's time for four straight!!!

Me and Kel Varnsen/genericnyrusername believe!!!

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 05:06 PM
ThisYearsModel

I hope they win a game.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 09:38 AM
Jersey Girl

OK! That's what I'm talking 'bout!!!

Just three more victories and we accomplish the 4-1-1 homestand I think is really necessary. After that the schedule stays manageable until Thanksgiving.

We can be poised to really make some noise and not be chasing points for an entire Winter...again!

We can do it! Who is with me? Where is Kel Varnsen when I need him!!!!!!!!

Old
11-03-2011, 10:21 AM
Jersey Girl

OK!!!

So all we have to do is beat an Anaheim tonight that is on a three game losing streak, has lost six out of seven, and is winding down a long road trip. Playing them at the right time.

Then over the weekend we have Montreal and Winnipeg, BOTH of which are weak, and BOTH will be playing the second night of back to backs. So are we on Sunday, but since both games are home, back to back really should NOT be an issue for us.

The schedule gods are smiling on us here, and my 4-1-1 homestand is ENTIRELY within our reach.

After that the schedule remains easy until Thanksgiving...we can really set ourselves up nicely to have teams chasing US all Winter for a change.

WE CAN DO IT!!! NikC, where are you when I need your support!!!

Old
11-03-2011, 10:37 AM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 50
oh oh! i got this one! i hope they win every game. i expect them not to.

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 11:29 AM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
OK!!!

So all we have to do is beat an Anaheim tonight that is on a three game losing streak, has lost six out of seven, and is winding down a long road trip. Playing them at the right time.

Then over the weekend we have Montreal and Winnipeg, BOTH of which are weak, and BOTH will be playing the second night of back to backs. So are we on Sunday, but since both games are home, back to back really should NOT be an issue for us.

The schedule gods are smiling on us here, and my 4-1-1 homestand is ENTIRELY within our reach.

After that the schedule remains easy until Thanksgiving...we can really set ourselves up nicely to have teams chasing US all Winter for a change.

WE CAN DO IT!!! NikC, where are you when I need your support!!!
i'm a litte suspicious of you... but i'll lend my support.

we should do it. we can do it. they played a good game monday. no reason why we can't.

LGR!!!

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 11:33 AM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

I just want them to have turned a bit of a corner. Play hard for 60 mins... win or lose that will be promising at this point.

Lay another egg tonight and it could be a really long season.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 12:01 PM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
i'm a litte suspicious of you... but i'll lend my support.

we should do it. we can do it. they played a good game monday. no reason why we can't.

LGR!!!
I am totally serious here. I so badly want REAL success for this team (not internet forum success, actual RESULTS success), and I think the stars are aligning for a perfect opportunity to get out to the front of the standings for a change.

We all know Pittsburgh is immune to injuries, but they ARE on a road trip...so if we can get out to 7-3-3 after the weekend we can be in good shape. We then play Ottawa, Carolina, Long Island and Montreal before the schedule get tougher.

I'm smelling first place! Or at least near first place. This is our opportunity.

Old
11-03-2011, 12:17 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Ok so 1-1-1 on this homestand so far, with 3 out of a possible 6 points in the bag.

Tonight would be a big win for the team as they need to cement their game and gets some consistency going after building it each and every game leading up to tonight. I'd like to see a nice solid game, especially defensively, on the forecheck, in the neutral zone and on the power play, netting 2 points when the final horn sounds.

Two more home games after this one and it would be nice to have a winning record on this homestand when the Rangers go back on the road and visit Ottawa. They NEED to be better on home ice the season if they want home ice in the playoffs.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 10:43 AM
Jersey Girl

And here we go!!!

Now we have two tired teams coming in over the weekend...tired bad teams. Definitely looking at 7-3-3 on Monday morning, when we will at least be in spitting distance of first place.

This is what I'm talking about!!!

Let's Go Rangers!!!

Old
11-04-2011, 11:24 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Respect your opponent, even if they're considered "weak". Becoming negligent is how you lose games you should win.

Have to approach every game the same way, ready for business. Maintain discipline, cover your assignments, and maintain pressure (on both sides of the puck). That's how this team wins, and how they'll need to play to continue winning.

Only 3 points behind Philly right now. With two games in-hand. But, Philly hosts Columbus tomorrow. So, we have to figure best we can do is be 1 point back by Monday. As we are the only team in our Division that plays two games this weekend.

Hope for a miracle in Philly with the Jackets getting a win. And hope for 4 points from our Rangers this weekend. If that happens, we are in 4th in the East. Right where I hope we finish the season.

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 11:30 AM
lebear
I have no idea

Beat the two toughest opponents, should win the last two as well (altough we probably won't). Looks good though

lebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 11:31 AM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Respect your opponent, even if they're considered "weak". Becoming negligent is how you lose games you should win.
Have to approach every game the same way, ready for business. Maintain discipline, cover your assignments, and maintain pressure (on both sides of the puck). That's how this team wins, and how they'll need to play to continue winning.

Only 3 points behind Philly right now. With two games in-hand. But, Philly hosts Columbus tomorrow. So, we have to figure best we can do is be 1 point back by Monday. As we are the only team in our Division that plays two games this weekend.

Hope for a miracle in Philly with the Jackets getting a win. And hope for 4 points from our Rangers this weekend. If that happens, we are in 4th in the East. Right where I hope we finish the season.

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Totally agree...but that goes for PLAYERS! Not fans. We can say what we want. Huge distinction there lol.

Old
11-04-2011, 11:39 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Totally agree...but that goes for PLAYERS! Not fans. We can say what we want. Huge distinction there lol.
Lol, well of course. And I was talking to the team...like I do through my TV...which is ridiculous if you think about it.

But its the overall attitude.

Its on the players and staff to maintain the right mentality and attitude and work ethic.

But, its on us fans to supply the right kind of support. So we, too, as a whole, should go into the arena and treat every game like its game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals and the world will end the next day.

If you get what im saying.

If we get amped up and support the team, the team feeds off that.

I hope as Rangers Nation.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 11:42 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

2-1-1 so far which I'm pleased with. I'm more happy about the fact that there play's starting to come together the past two games after the first two home games. While I would love to see the team get win after win, I was more focused with them getting their game together which I've seen the past two games against two tough teams. Would be great to get two more W's over the weekend and they definitely can if they keep playing like this.

11-06-2011, 09:17 PM
Giacomin

Quote:
Well, I was hoping for 4-1-1. Now that they've gotten the -1-1 out of the way, it's time for four straight!!!

Me and Kel Varnsen/genericnyrusername believe!!!
Well you nailed it right on the head! 4 straight, The Rangers can,t let up the next 2 games are very winnable.

Giacomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 09:19 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I can't tell if it's sarcastic or not but that's the most positive i've ever seen Jersey Girl.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 08:26 AM
Jersey Girl

Not sarcasm at all...I don't deal in 'I accept mediocrity because I say we are getting better'...I deal in reality. Some guys can't handle that!

So that said, reality is....THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' 'BOUT!!! 4-1-1!!!!!!!!!!

I saw the opportunity that bad/underachieving teams were coming into our building, and we had to beat them...and we did!!! It's time to raise the bar around here and go for first place for a freaking change.

The other local teams can't get out of their own way rignt now, the Flyers reshuffled EVERYTHING, and the Penguins are without Crosby. Time to take this division and get home ice for a round or two...no excuses!!!

Loving McDonagh, Girardi, Gaborik, Cally, and the team stepping up for itself against Montreal. Didn't love blowing a three goal third period lead against Ottawa, the 'umbrella' power play formation, and Hank not being in 'beast mode'...but it happens. I asked for 4-1-1, and I got it. Yay!

Now it's time to overtake Pittsburgh. Who's with me?!?!?!?!?

Last edited by Jersey Girl: 11-07-2011 at 08:36 AM.
Old
11-07-2011, 08:45 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
NYR Harvest Homestand 2011

Oct 27 TOR Win 4 - 1
Oct 29 OTT Win 5 - 3
Oct 31 SJ Loss 1 - 3
Nov 3 ANA OTL 2 - 3
Nov 5 MON Win 4 - 2
Nov 6 WPG Win 6 - 2

6 games in 10 nights
3 - 2 - 2 going into MSG
7 - 3 - 3 going out on the road again...

Might calm things down a bit...
Wanna see more than lucky points and great goaltending.
Structured offensive play(ie less dump & chase and an effective forechecking when the d&c is utilized), a better breakout of the zone, some better pinching, a functional PP (say 15-20%!!! conversion) and some NHL worthy coaching. Keep the lines together and use some tactics outwitting the other coaches (utilizing weaknesses) - I swear Torts act is now getting old and wearing my (and a lot of other peoples too) patience very thin!
Missed 3 games results - including the 1st two - but oh well I got the final numbers right.... 7-3-3 going out on the road!!!!

BBKers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 11:54 AM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
I just want them to have turned a bit of a corner. Play hard for 60 mins... win or lose that will be promising at this point.

Lay another egg tonight and it could be a really long season.
I'd say they did what I wanted... and more.

A- IMHO

If they would've held onto the OTT lead would've been A+

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote