HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#10 | Winnipeg Jets vs. New York Islanders | Nov 3 | L 0-3

Old
11-03-2011, 12:10 PM
Bones45

vCash: 500
Side note: I saw DP at the Coliseum the other day.. He wasnt looking too healthy.

Bones45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 12:15 PM
Hip Of Rick

The annual DP saga begins, another season down the tubes

Hip Of Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 12:19 PM
ziggy7716

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAIsles View Post
sorry Ziggy, IMO, we win 2-1 v. SJ if Montoya started and if Nabby was healthy he would have shut his old team out... Again, I have a STRONG bias against "Broken" due to his personality also met him a few years back at Champions and he was a complete +++++. I am not a star struck person either, I didn't seek him out to talk or request an autograph... I don't care about that. He walked by I said "Hello" and offered a compliment, he proceeds to give a rude comment and run by me... On the other hand, I ran into to Shawn Bates and he couldn't have been nicer... Plus he is an AVERAGE goalie at best...
No offense, but your letting your hatred and bias of the guy getting in the of way of evaluating his game objectively. Your are horrible mistaking if you think the outcome of Montoya or Nabokov would have stopped any of the goals that DP let in. One was a deflection, one was a real good shot by Couture in the slot with a mess of people in front of him, and the other was a uncontested rip by Brent Burns, on a 4 on 3 PP nonetheless. I am a fan of DP, I can admit when he's at fault and when he sucked. It's just sad DP haters like your self can't admit or face that DP wasn't at fault.

For the record, I met DP twice, and both times he was nothing but a nice guy.

ziggy7716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 12:20 PM
xECK29x

Lol @ three pages of "game is over before it begins"

Rick played fine against SJ and looked good in the preseason he was not the reason we lost to SJ.

xECK29x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 12:21 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Marshall days View Post
OK it's time to play Guess The Attendance -

A weeknight in nassau - 9K announced with 7K in the building
Awesome post!! You going to the game?

IslesFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 12:23 PM
Words Of Wisdom

I think Tavares will get 2 this game, okposo, moulson, and streit. Isles win 5-1

Words Of Wisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 12:28 PM
jmg27

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTentsProductions View Post
The treatment some of you give Dipietro is absolutely pathetic. You're hoping a professional athlete who has destroyed his body for you "fans" gets "clotheslined" or injured. Hoping that anyone gets injured everytime they do their job is seriously pathetic. This isn't a guy like kaleta who is running around trying to hurt people or matt cooke who has ended people's careers. It is a goalie who tries his absolute hardest for a scrub team that has been generally irrelevant for how long? And you're consistently hoping he gets hurt? I suggest you seriously consider your own personal issues before heaping all this unbelievable hate on one person.
Couldnt agree more with you. Its the contract that turns people off and rightfully so considering his injury history. And its not for lack of trying thats for sure. If anything thats one of his downfalls b/c rushing to back prob cost him more long term. He was one of the few if not only players who wanted to be a Islander for life back in 2006. I felt good to hear at the time, a legitimant home grown NHL player who wanted to play for us and retire an Islander. I'm sure most felt the same way. Boy have times changed though. It was a gamble, and one that hasn't and prob wont ever pay off. Its unfortunate. But I still will root for him and always respect him as I know its not lack of effort.

Back to the game tonight........ LETS GO ISLANDERS!

jmg27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 12:30 PM
jdr016

4 days off + Dipietro = Jets win. Just locked in my bet!

jdr016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 12:31 PM
VAIsles
Mickey Mouse FO Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy7716 View Post
No offense, but your letting your hatred and bias of the guy getting in the of way of evaluating his game objectively. Your are horrible mistaking if you think the outcome of Montoya or Nabokov would have stopped any of the goals that DP let in. One was a deflection, one was a real good shot by Couture in the slot with a mess of people in front of him, and the other was a uncontested rip by Brent Burns, on a 4 on 3 PP nonetheless. I am a fan of DP, I can admit when he's at fault and when he sucked. It's just sad DP haters like your self can't admit or face that DP wasn't at fault.

For the record, I met DP twice, and both times he was nothing but a nice guy.
Ziggy, believe you me, if he was good and leading us to big wins, I'd easily give him a pass. The guy just sickens me with his stubborness of not changing his reckless style and "World Class" ego when he couldn't shine Cam Ward/Jose Theodore's shoes...
Look, I can't blame the contract on him because any of us would have signed that but, you got to believe that if I was dragging my team down with my myriad of issues and lackluster play, I'd see the writing on the wall and get out...

VAIsles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 12:32 PM
xECK29x

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTentsProductions View Post
The treatment some of you give Dipietro is absolutely pathetic. You're hoping a professional athlete who has destroyed his body for you "fans" gets "clotheslined" or injured. Hoping that anyone gets injured everytime they do their job is seriously pathetic. This isn't a guy like kaleta who is running around trying to hurt people or matt cooke who has ended people's careers. It is a goalie who tries his absolute hardest for a scrub team that has been generally irrelevant for how long? And you're consistently hoping he gets hurt? I suggest you seriously consider your own personal issues before heaping all this unbelievable hate on one person.
Thank you, the hate around here is so uncalled for.

Old
11-03-2011, 12:34 PM
OpAck

With guys like Montoya, Nabokov, Nilsson, and Poulin all in the system...you're going to have fans picking on Rick. I also want to see the guy succeed...but the goalie that reportedly had the strongest camp and let in 4 goals in 3 games before having one game where he let in 4...hasn't played in 2 weeks.

Now the problem does lie with this awful 3-goalie system...but again, thinking long term...fans see more younger, attractive options (Montoya, Poulin, Nilsson) over the 30-year old netminder with multiple knee/hip surgeries, at least 3 head injuries, and a "yet to be proven" ability to be the Isles starting goalie for the next 10 seasons, carrying this team on his back through stretches and playing 50-60 regular season games a season on those surgically repaired knees and hip.

Back on topic...yes, I think Montoya needs to start now and not have to wait nearly 3 weeks in between starts.

OpAck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 12:42 PM
Islanders1932

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles1983 View Post
Oh good I have some company! Anyway I've been an Islander fan my whole life because of my Dad. I envy him he got to see the good team(Bossy, Trots, Potvin, Smith, Gillies, Bobby Ny) and was even at the Coliseum when they won a cup.

I just have no more faith left in DP.

Bones thanks for the welcome!
Same I missed the glory days and I am jealous every time my parents tell me stories about them from back then.

Islanders1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 12:42 PM
Isles Junkie

ZOMG, an Islanders game is on tonight. Seems like it's been 6 weeks since they last played.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 12:43 PM
Hip Of Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xECK29x View Post
Thank you, the hate around here is so uncalled for.
He has sucked or has been hurt for 4 seasons, he does not get enough hate. This is the NHL not high school trying only gets you so far

Hip Of Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 12:44 PM
JJmcD
The Power Of Love

Islanders should win, just like they should have won the 2 games against Florida.

JJmcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 12:52 PM
macleod50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
Hi, '83. I am also a lady. Montoya let in 4 goals his last start. Let's see if Ricky can do better tonight.
And before that he let in 2, 1, and 1. Nothing says progress like letting your second best goaltender sit on the bench.

macleod50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 01:06 PM
scott99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles1983 View Post
Hi guys. I'm new here this is my first post. I hope you dont mind a female on these boards. Anyway not happy DP is in net would prefer Montoya. DP is such a waste I wish we could get rid of him. Anyway I work 3-11 so I will be DVRing game tonight. For the love of God please let them win.(and no more bad calls by the officials. I'm still fuming over that penalty we got in OT against the Sharks).
Welcome to the board ! It's nice to see women share our passion here ! I know so many women Ranger's fans, but never met a woman Islander's fan, except at the games.

scott99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 01:15 PM
xECK29x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip Of Rick View Post
He has sucked or has been hurt for 4 seasons, he does not get enough hate. This is the NHL not high school trying only gets you so far

He has battled back from every injury, he has had gone through MAJOR SURGERY to come back to battle for this team. NO ONE bleeds more (literally) for this team than Rick.

He is doing more then "try" he is a professional athlete who has made incredible strides in life to play for your team for your entertainment. Gone through major physical theropy, HAS CHANGED HIS STYLE. I have followed Rick since his college days, met him lots of times. He could have called it quits but he keeps battling.

Some of you people have no humility or respect for what it takes to be a professional athlete, or you're just ignorant.

Old
11-03-2011, 01:21 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Let's move along from the DP bashing and focus on the game. Those who continue the bashing will be removed from the GDT as to not ruin the experience for others.

11-03-2011, 01:27 PM
KingLio21093
Casey Zeeky

Going to be at the game tonight, for my brothers birthday. Hoping we take a win tonight. Isles, shouldn't take this game lightly though. Winnipeg can compete.

KingLio21093 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 01:28 PM
TheIslesFan

vCash: 50
Ricky shuts out winnipeg on 32 shots

Tavares 1 goal, Bailey 1 goal, Reasoner with the empty netter

TheIslesFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 01:28 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunomics View Post
Not exactly a tough prediction considering he's pretty much done that every game so far.

Here's my prediction for tonight.... Josh Bailey will have a solid game and register his first point of the season.
Somone else said it but it's a nice oppurtunity for the third line to get on the board. I will say this, the Jets do have some nice defensive forwards and Pavelec has been great lately but still, it's a night to get on the board.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaStromey View Post
HA! Byfuglien and Glass will bully us around like every other team in the league...
My guess is that Martin gets his rematch vs Glass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Of Bates View Post
The lack of Montoya really shows how poorly this organization is run.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
Screw DP in net, get Montoya out there. We win games with him in net, it's not that hard to understand.

And our schedule sucks. The team needs to play more games, not two 5 day breaks in a matter of three weeks.
I'm fine with DP this game, but I want to see Montoya again, as soon as the next game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones45 View Post
Side note: I saw DP at the Coliseum the other day.. He wasnt looking too healthy.

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 01:33 PM
VAIsles
Mickey Mouse FO Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xECK29x View Post

He has battled back from every injury, he has had gone through MAJOR SURGERY to come back to battle for this team. NO ONE bleeds more (literally) for this team than Rick.

He is doing more then "try" he is a professional athlete who has made incredible strides in life to play for your team for your entertainment. Gone through major physical theropy, HAS CHANGED HIS STYLE. I have followed Rick since his college days, met him lots of times. He could have called it quits but he keeps battling.

Some of you people have no humility or respect for what it takes to be a professional athlete, or you're just ignorant.
He was the overall #1 pick that our other former "dopey" GM traded to acquire... "Broken" was/is a BUST (see Ryan Leaf/Sam Bowie et al) setting our organization back eons. This is not kindergarten/1st grade where you get "smiley-faces" for trying... I demand a player to perform at their talent level. In the NFL, if you get hurt, you get cut!!! That's the nature of the business... I know the NHL works differently... Smith had it right, Five Year deal for "Broken." He would not be our problem now.... Not saying our "Dis-Organization" would be in better shape but...

VAIsles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 01:33 PM
Bones45

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Godard View Post
Let's meetup for some drinks. Knuckleheads, gate 11? It's been a long ass day, working in Brooklyn since 4:30am...
sounds good.. after practice/before 1st period?

Ill txt ya.

Bones45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 01:37 PM
isleskovalchuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummergas View Post
I think it comes down to playing Ricky tonight against the Jets and Montoya on Saturday against the Caps. If Ricky has to start one of the next two games, I'd rather it be this one.
Thank you, little sense here... We do have 3 goalies unfortunately, and Rick played well enough to warrant a start this week. Its here or vs the Caps.

I hate these week breaks between games, really makes the fans on here lose it a bit.

LETS GO ISLES!

5-4 Isles win!

isleskovalchuk is offline   Reply With Quote