HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

#10 | Winnipeg Jets vs. New York Islanders | Nov 3 | L 0-3

Old
11-03-2011, 01:40 PM
Brunomics

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAIsles View Post
He was the overall #1 pick that our other former "dopey" GM traded to acquire... "Broken" was/is a BUST (see Ryan Leaf/Sam Bowie et al) setting our organization back eons. This is not kindergarten/1st grade where you get "smiley-faces" for trying... I demand a player to perform at their talent level. In the NFL, if you get hurt, you get cut!!! That's the nature of the business... I know the NHL works differently... Smith had it right, Five Year deal for "Broken." He would not be our problem now.... Not saying our "Dis-Organization" would be in better shape but...
Woah woah I wouldn't go that far, that's like going out and kicking DP's dog bad

Brunomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 01:41 PM
PhysicalGraffiti
Hates Stevie Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by xECK29x View Post
Lol @ three pages of "game is over before it begins"

Rick played fine against SJ and looked good in the preseason he was not the reason we lost to SJ.
Careful, common sense clearly isn't looked upon highly with some posters here.

PhysicalGraffiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 01:44 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin27NYI View Post
I am confident since Enstrom is hurt, Tavares should eat their D alive.
Enstrom's out, Hainsey's out, and Stuart looks to be out at the moment. Buff is the biggest cone in the league. Our D is patched together right now. Bogosian should be our best D tonight, which isn't saying much, but he's played very well this year. So I put 23 vCash on the Isles tonight.

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 01:44 PM
nyisles

Send a message via ICQ to nyisles Send a message via AIM to nyisles
Let's move away from the DiPietro whine-fest and focus on the game, shall we?

11-03-2011, 01:52 PM
isleskovalchuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyisles View Post
Thank you, the game hasnt even started. If he plays gives up a few softies and that results in a loss, let the whine fest reign. Until then, lets actually have game talk.

isleskovalchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 02:18 PM
Doug Height
Okposwag

Oh good, looks like the GDT's will be DP flame wars just like last year.

Nice.

Doug Height is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 02:30 PM
ekill08x

Capuano has really done a poor job managing the net minder situation. This is a must win game with what we have coming up. Juggling the lines has to come soon too. Give Okposo a shot next to JT, if he still is unimpressive, then you know for sure KO just wasnt what we thought.

ekill08x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 02:34 PM
Strummergas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekill08x View Post
Capuano has really done a poor job managing the net minder situation. This is a must win game with what we have coming up. Juggling the lines has to come soon too. Give Okposo a shot next to JT, if he still is unimpressive, then you know for sure KO just wasnt what we thought.
Really? Considering the goalies haven't cost this team one single game so far this season, I'd say he's doing just fine with it. But I do agree with you when it comes to juggling the lines, but I suspect that's going to happen once Nino finishes his stint in Bridgeport.

Strummergas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 02:40 PM
IslesBeBack*
NHL Free Agent

Quote:
Are this many of you so lost as to think the Islanders win and lose games based on goaltending? Seriously, get a grip.

The Islanders lose because they have a deficiency in talent compared to the teams they play and they show up for 10 minutes per night.

It doesn't matter who's in net. The Isles are scoring 2 goals per game and many of their main guys have chances to win games and they completely blow it. You would HOPE that the Islanders could beat Winnipeg, but nothing I've seen from this team makes me think we can compete in the work ethic department with the Jets for a full 60 minutes.

That's whats sad.

IslesBeBack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 02:41 PM
Prot

vCash: 100
All things considered, it should be a very high scoring game. I'm thinking a touchdown and a field goal a piece.

Prot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 02:45 PM
okie21

Quote:
Hard for me to blame Cappy on the goalie situation. I don't think he, or any coach wants to be juggling 3 goalies. It looked like he was maybe gonna try to push Nabakov into that leading roll but that didn't last very long with Nabby getting an injury.

I have more of a problem with the not changing of the lines. It's not like this is baseball where changing your line up for a day means taking a player out. This team has strugled to score and there's no reason to stay so dead set to one line up. I mean you can even change it up for a period and just see if some thing clicks, and if you don't like it just go back to the set 4. Besides, right now JT is so far ahead of the rest of his teammates maybe putting an Okposo or Comeau with JT for a game or two can just help get them going and create a but more confidence in their games.

okie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 02:55 PM
Brunomics

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesBeBack View Post
Are this many of you so lost as to think the Islanders win and lose games based on goaltending? Seriously, get a grip.

The Islanders lose because they have a deficiency in talent compared to the teams they play and they show up for 10 minutes per night.

It doesn't matter who's in net. The Isles are scoring 2 goals per game and many of their main guys have chances to win games and they completely blow it. You would HOPE that the Islanders could beat Winnipeg, but nothing I've seen from this team makes me think we can compete in the work ethic department with the Jets for a full 60 minutes.

That's whats sad.
I have to disagree with you here. I don't think they lost so far because of their talent yet. I agree with their compete level, it's pretty much been abysmal but definitely not the talent aspect of it.

Old
11-03-2011, 03:11 PM
PJGooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunomics View Post
I have to disagree with you here. I don't think they lost so far because of their talent yet. I agree with their compete level, it's pretty much been abysmal but definitely not the talent aspect of it.
Tomato, tomahto. Whether you want to call it a talent problem or not, there is a lack of production from supposedly talented players that is a major burden on the rest of this team, and would still be a major burden even if Patrick Roy circa 2001 was in net. I'm sure Okposo, Bailey and Comeau look great in practice and drills, but their zero goals and three points through nine games is too much for a mid-pack team to endure.

PJGooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 03:16 PM
startainfection

need a win tonight so they can play the caps with some confidence on saturday

startainfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 03:17 PM
Brunomics

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJGooch View Post
Tomato, tomahto. Whether you want to call it a talent problem or not, there is a lack of production from supposedly talented players that is a major burden on the rest of this team, and would still be a major burden even if Patrick Roy circa 2001 was in net. I'm sure Okposo, Bailey and Comeau look great in practice and drills, but their zero goals and three points through nine games is too much for a mid-pack team to endure.
In total agreement with you on that, just think it's lack of compete level/heart rather than skill.

Old
11-03-2011, 03:25 PM
MikeyMike01*
Hurray

Send a message via AIM to MikeyMike01* Send a message via MSN to MikeyMike01*
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyisles View Post
Right. We should wait until he blows the game, and THEN complain.

MikeyMike01* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 03:26 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
Captain Tavares

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
Enstrom's out, Hainsey's out, and Stuart looks to be out at the moment. Buff is the biggest cone in the league. Our D is patched together right now. Bogosian should be our best D tonight, which isn't saying much, but he's played very well this year. So I put 23 vCash on the Isles tonight.
It reminds me of the Isles last year, Streit out, good 4-6's out in Jurcina and Eaton and then Wisniewski and Byfuglien being defensive cones.

Kevin27nyi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 03:28 PM
Isles Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Godard View Post
Let's meetup for some drinks. Knuckleheads, gate 11? It's been a long ass day, working in Brooklyn since 4:30am...
What do you do in Brooklyn? Are you hiring? I need a JOB

Isles Junkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 03:43 PM
InTentsProductions*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post
Since Rick has to fill his quota for at least 1 awful goal per game, when do you think it'll happen? Hopefully the 1st. More likely the final minute of the 3rd.

GTFO MY TEAM ALREADY. He's the only damn player on this club that makes me rage. If I were his teamate, I'd resent him
And that's one small reason in a list of very long ones of why you're not a professional athlete.

InTentsProductions* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 03:49 PM
Chardo

Would like to see Comeau and Bailey get on track and Tavares pot a couple before DP sprains an ovary.

Chardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 03:57 PM
BillD

Welcome to the Winnipeg fans who are respectful, want to talk hockey, and come in peace. With all you have suffered, we commiserate with you and wish the Jets well.......except when they play the Isles that is.
Loved the win over the hated F'ers thugs. Nice work right there.
Here' to a good, clean game tonight, no injuries.......we win in regulation after Ricky gives up a late softie to make it close.

Last edited by BillD: 11-03-2011 at 06:03 PM.
BillD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 04:00 PM
JeffNYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAIsles View Post
Ziggy, believe you me, if he was good and leading us to big wins, I'd easily give him a pass. The guy just sickens me with his stubborness of not changing his reckless style and "World Class" ego when he couldn't shine Cam Ward/Jose Theodore's shoes...
Look, I can't blame the contract on him because any of us would have signed that but, you got to believe that if I was dragging my team down with my myriad of issues and lackluster play, I'd see the writing on the wall and get out...
DP has played ONE GAME this year that meant anything - and played well.

He also played in games that meant nothing - and played well.

BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT, until 7:00pm tonight. Once the puck drops we can judge him further based on his play.

I believe that Cappy believes that goalies need a couple games in a row to get going, so he told them: Unless someone plays awful, Montoya will have the first few games.. then Nabby.. then DP.. every goalie is going to play a few games in a row so we can evaluate..

A) Our goaltending has NOT been the problem; and B) Cappy is evaluating; oh, and lastly, C) DP deserves our support tonight.

Isles 5, Jets 2

JeffNYI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 04:03 PM
Isles Junkie

http://video.islanders.nhl.com/videocenter/console

Checkout the Sparky scares fans video lol

Isles Junkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 04:05 PM
OpAck

Prediction: Grabner will have a helluva game...in terms of generating opportunities for himself. However, he'll connect on 2 of them.

OpAck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 04:45 PM
88th Precinct
Pitchfork Acquired

It makes more sense to save Montoya for the Caps, so I can live with DP in net.

Cue "Rickywatch 2012." If he's still got the body for this, at least some of the proof will inevitably be in the pudding once he gets 15-20 starts.

Hoping the team busts the slump in style or Capuano surprises us with a little line toggle in the effort. They've played fair the last two games, but fair in the east seems to get you 10th or 11th place.

Go Islanders.

88th Precinct is offline   Reply With Quote