HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Daniel Alfredsson

View Poll Results: How many games does Wolski get suspended for the hit?
One 10 7.19%
2-4 63 45.32%
5+ 43 30.94%
None 23 16.55%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Old
11-03-2011, 12:18 PM
Probert24
Rookie User

vCash: 500
also i wont be surprised if this ends alfies career

Probert24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 12:21 PM
Lehner
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
I agree with Shanahan on this case, sorry guys...

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...d=60&id=132261

I didnt agree on how little Carcillo's was and how high Sutton's was tho.

Lehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 12:22 PM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Shannahan's explanation was an absolute joke.

"Wolski isn't a dirty player..."

Ah, suspend for the name, not the act. ****ing moron.

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 12:27 PM
Lehner
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Expert View Post
Shannahan's explanation was an absolute joke.

"Wolski isn't a dirty player..."

Ah, suspend for the name, not the act. ****ing moron.
Thats not his only explanation, just part of the reason he didnt suspend. He thought it looked like Wolski saw him at the last second and tensed up, which is exactly what happened.

He also explained how wolski was looking at the puck and about to goto his point or gabby's point. They ran into each other.

I love Alfie and everything but I really think this was an accident, dont look at it with homer glasses on, its almost the same as Neil on Grabovski.

Lehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 12:36 PM
SENATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehner View Post
I agree with Shanahan on this case, sorry guys...

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...d=60&id=132261

I didnt agree on how little Carcillo's was and how high Sutton's was tho.
Shannahan is an idiot.

Wolski identified Alfredson, best player and the capitan and sold it, making everyone to believe, that he was actually following the puck and the play. Senators could not identify at first who did this. That's how concealed the hit was. The blow to the head was a deliberate attempt to injure a defenseless player , because the whole arm was forcefully moving even after the hit, following its trajectory.

SENATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 12:37 PM
Probert24
Rookie User

im not looking at it with homer glasses..the guy clearly sticks his elboe up and steps into alfie...sickening

Probert24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 12:53 PM
umma gumma

Quote:
He thought it looked like Wolski saw him at the last second and tensed up, which is exactly what happened.
Where are Wolski's quotes where he says he never saw him until it was too late? What we do have instead is Wolski claiming it was a clean hit, which leads me to beleive he knew what he was doing.

Quote:
...its almost the same as Neil on Grabovski.
The only similarity is that one player went down. Neil wasn't skating at all and pretty much standing in the spot where the collision happened well before Grabo decided to skate towards the middle.

umma gumma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 02:16 PM
Max Power

Quote:
Thats not his only explanation, just part of the reason he didnt suspend. He thought it looked like Wolski saw him at the last second and tensed up, which is exactly what happened.

He also explained how wolski was looking at the puck and about to goto his point or gabby's point. They ran into each other.

I love Alfie and everything but I really think this was an accident, dont look at it with homer glasses on, its almost the same as Neil on Grabovski.
Respectfully I have to say bull
You can clearly see in the video his head is pointing directly ahead of him and only slightly to Alfi's left. His head never moves and the hit was perfect timing to connect with his head.

Unless Wolski has no peripheral vision and just got really lucky then this was 100% intentional. There is absolutely no justification here other then no past history for Wolski... Which is ridiculous.

Like I said before, this whole outrage on head shots hit it's peak with the Crosby situation. Shanahan has his job because of this headshot outrage yet he turns a blind eye on a concussion to the longest serving captain in the NHL. The Alfi hit is even worse because he clearly puts his elbow up.

Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 04:26 PM
slamigo
Skate or Die!

Quote:
It wasn't an accident. He tracked him and brought his elbow up. He didn't just stiffen for impact, he raised his elbow. The hit on Grabovski was different.

slamigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 04:56 PM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

Having read the nhl.com article, I think it's safe to say Wolski will receive a bruising come November 9th. Hopefully, such a big bruising that someone gets suspended.

I don't mean that in a bad way on our part, just in a way to suggest that Wolski will miss a fair few games.

Beville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 05:45 PM
Batali Crocs*

Alfie is gonna be out a long time.

Let's see who steps up their leadership, both on and off ice.

Batali Crocs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 05:49 PM
CCCP17

Quote:
Originally Posted by umma gumma View Post
Where are Wolski's quotes where he says he never saw him until it was too late? What we do have instead is Wolski claiming it was a clean hit, which leads me to beleive he knew what he was doing.
This.
Comments from Wolski and Torts make me want them to get hurt.

CCCP17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 08:11 PM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

vCash: 256
Some of you need to grow thicker skin. You're acting like children.

Alfie skated in Wolski and Wolski took advantage of the situation, same thing with Neil (although Neil on Graboski looked more incidental to me, and nowhere near as vicious).
Yeah Alfredsson is out and it's a shame Wolski is getting away with it.

Time to move on and get on with life.

Do Make Say Think is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 08:41 PM
quagmire quar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanSensFan View Post
excrement will be called wolski, where the "wolski" goes will be called shannahan.
"whoa man, don't go in there. I destroyed that shanahan....serious dia-wolski.

quagmire quar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 08:53 PM
Dysentery
Ottawa Senators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post

Alfie skated in Wolski and Wolski took advantage of the situation, same thing with Neil (although Neil on Graboski looked more incidental to me, and nowhere near as vicious).

Dude our captian Daniel Frickin Alfredsson is out. Have you heard of him, 1000+ points and stuff, not just your average player.

This is unjust.

We are the Garbage Men of the league. We are not a second thought, we are not priority. Even when we were tops, we were not thought of any differently.

This is why I love this team so much, we are the underdog. To win we must defeat more then just the team on the ice against us.... We have to defeat the Ref's, the NHL, and the Media. The hockey "Gods" can only do so much for us. It's a constant battle, and it will be so much sweeter once we finally win a cup against all odds.

Last edited by Dysentery: 11-03-2011 at 09:00 PM.
Dysentery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 09:07 PM
armani
Guy Likes

Shanahan really fuct up here. He was reacting to criticisms from fans, GMs, and media alike when he decided to stop Shanabanning. "Are we trying to ban hitting from hockey here". "Shanaban". As the guys on the Healthy Scratches put it last week, Shanahan isn't used to these kinds of criticisms and negativity towards him. He was the Sherrif wherever he played.

He got Sutton, but didn't have the balls to suspend Wolski for a hit that looked very much like the Steckel hit on Crosby, which really got the ball rolling.

Shanahan is proving to be a tool. The guy is too green for the job, which is a tough one for even the most experienced. People don't respect inconsistencies in his position, and he is already losing it with his peers, fans, and media alike.

armani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 09:32 PM
ZSensFan

It really doesn't matter in the big picture if Wolski is suspended or not as he's a nobody, Alfi is hurt, suspending him doesn't help him get better soon. Let's turn the page on this no matter how bad the decision was.

Now if the Sens feel that "supplementary discipline" needs to be applied November 9th I have NO problem with that

ZSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 09:39 PM
pepty

vCash: 492
The Sens will likley be warned by the NHL prior to that game,not to try any retribution.

pepty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 09:42 PM
armani
Guy Likes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSensFan View Post
It really doesn't matter in the big picture if Wolski is suspended or not as he's a nobody, Alfi is hurt, suspending him doesn't help him get better soon. Let's turn the page on this no matter how bad the decision was.

Now if the Sens feel that "supplementary discipline" needs to be applied November 9th I have NO problem with that
The discrepency is the real issue. Losing the team's heartbeat makes the matter worse for the fans here discussing Alfredsson's injury.

Shanahan is looking less and less credible, and now I am confused what's legal and what isn't. This is not helping the game we love to watch.

armani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 09:51 PM
Cujomi
De Leeuw Ziel

If nothing happens to Wolski in the Nov. 9th game I will shake my head.

Cujomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 10:39 PM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

vCash: 1470
Wolski is a scrub compared to Alfie... if his face hit Neil or Konopka's shoulder, then so be it.

DylanSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 01:45 PM
Dackell

Looks like the hockey gods are pulling a Senators-esque troll job on us...

Wolski is going to miss the game on Wednesday. He's out with a groin strain. Insert Wolski not having any balls joke here...

Hope he makes a speedy recovery!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/icechips/

http://www.metro.us/newyork/sports/a...for-sean-avery

Dackell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 01:48 PM
Countdown0
Painfully Honest

Quote:

Elbow at head height, in no uncertain terms, is deliberate. Your arms naturally hang down. Watch the reply, and specifically Wolski's right arm. There was no reason for him to lift his elbow unless he was trying to injure Alfie.

Alfie gets hit with cheap shots time and again, and nothing ever gets done about it. Bell, Adams, now Wolski, and people like you are the ones who let those *******s get away with it.

Make no mistake sir, this was no accident. Wolski and Torts are greasy ****ing rats, who deserve to have a power sander driven accross their smug faces.

Wolski doesn't need the book thrown at him, he needs to have it jammed down his ****ing throat. Shanahan just showed the world that he isn't consistent. If Wolski gets taken out next time the Sens and Rangers play, no one should be even remotely surprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post

With all due respect, this attitude is not good enough. You're essentially saying "Guys, just bend over and take it up the ass, Your Captian got batantly elbowed in the head and now has a concussion, and you should just shut up and take it."

That exact attitude is what lets people get away with ******** like this.

Countdown0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 01:51 PM
L'Aveuglette
Restin' my groin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackell View Post
Looks like the hockey gods are pulling a Senators-esque troll job on us...

Wolski is going to miss the game on Wednesday. He's out with a groin strain. Insert Wolski not having any balls joke here...

Hope he makes a speedy recovery!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/icechips/

http://www.metro.us/newyork/sports/a...for-sean-avery
There's still plenty of players on that Rangers team for Neil to hit.

L'Aveuglette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 02:00 PM
PTmbp13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanSensFan View Post
Wolski is a scrub compared to Alfie... if his face hit Neil or Konopka's shoulder, then so be it.
LOL. I can see iy happen ....whistle

PTmbp13 is offline   Reply With Quote