HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Devante Smith-Pelly will make the Ducks

Old
11-03-2011, 04:24 PM
Kloparren
Hth

vCash: 500
I disagree with him getting a shot at some point. I see Palmieri getting a chance to play in the top 6 on either wing before DSP does this season. Probably shoulda been sent down but I'm biased as Mississauga Majors fan.

Kloparren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 01:45 AM
mightyquack
Reverse Tank

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Ego boost?

I just think that if the Ducks were considering sending him down 'ASAP', as was stated above, they would have done it before his contract kicked in....not at game 15-20 of the regular season (which is what ASAP would imply).
I don't see why he couldn't get sent down by game 20, he's gone from about 13 or so minutes a game on the 3rd line to about 6-7 minutes a game on the 4th line, says it all -really, and he's done nothing to get promoted off that 4th line either.

Right now the best thing for him is to be sent down, he's not ready for the NHL and hasn't done anything to stand out, the most disappointing thing has been his lack of physical play and showing an edge as such, it's like he's scared out there sometimes.

And once again, the Ducks have said the contract kicking in has no effect on their decision what so ever, so I don't see how putting him down by his 20th game is unrealistic etc, if he's not doing his job, why should he be kept up? His lowering of ice time also doesn't look good for him at this point.

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote