HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Purpose Proposed Trade Thread (11/30 - Rangers kicking tires on Bobby Ryan)

Closed Thread

Old
11-01-2011, 07:04 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

vCash: 500
Again, why isn't the official thread a sticky?

Old
11-01-2011, 07:04 PM
Artem Anisimov

He could make us cup contenders. I would give up a 1st and 2nd rounder for a 60-70 point hard nosed player who can do it all, 35 or not.

Old
11-01-2011, 07:10 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artem Anisimov View Post
He could make us cup contenders. I would give up a 1st and 2nd rounder for a 60-70 point hard nosed player who can do it all, 35 or not.
If the Rangers look like they're a Shane Doan-type player away from contending by the time the trade deadline rolls around, then I'd consider it. But not with the way they have played so far.

Old
11-01-2011, 07:11 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
Isn't Shane Doan around 78 years old ? Useful player still but come on he's ancient
He scored 60 points last year.

He's got 4 goals, 10 points in 10 games this year.

Age doesn't matter when a player is of his caliber.

He provides exactly what this team needs for the short (and long) term.

If we don't have to sacrifice a first round pick or Kreider, Miller, McIlrath then if Phoenix is out of playoff contention we should attempt to get him.

Lots of 'ifs' though.

Old
11-01-2011, 07:15 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

I would like Doan but PHX will not trade him. Classic - his value in PHX is much higher than it would be in NY so no fair deal could ever be reached. You're probably looking at a stupid package of Dubinsky and a 2nd for Doan to get PHX to say yes.

Old
11-01-2011, 11:17 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...lks-heating-up

LeBrun says trade talks are heating up with Rangers and Leafs. Mentions Cody Franson. Also says that Leafs might be wary of making a deal right now because they don't want to mess with what they got going. Leafs are looking for a top 6 forward apparently (not in article, just scuttlebut), Rangers certainly aren't going to be trading that to the leafs for a bottom pairing guy. doesn't seem like a good fit.

Old
11-02-2011, 12:39 AM
bluecollarblueshirt*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSutton View Post
http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...lks-heating-up

LeBrun says trade talks are heating up with Rangers and Leafs. Mentions Cody Franson. Also says that Leafs might be wary of making a deal right now because they don't want to mess with what they got going. Leafs are looking for a top 6 forward apparently (not in article, just scuttlebut), Rangers certainly aren't going to be trading that to the leafs for a bottom pairing guy. doesn't seem like a good fit.
HaHa scuttlebutt, not sure if many people on here will know what that means.

Forget cody franson, christensen, wolski, and a 2 for Phaneuf. Haha you could maybe combine those for a top 6 forward

Old
11-02-2011, 12:50 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

DEADLINE DEAL

Anisimov, Del Zotto, Wolski, Thomas, two 1st round picks for Nash, Prospal

Nash Richards Callahan
Dubinsky Stepan Gaborik
Fedotenko Boyle Prust
Avery Christensen Rupp

Staal Sauer
McDonagh Girardi
Erixon Woywitka
Eminger

Lundqvist
Biron

Next year:

Nash Richards Kreider
Dubinsky Stepan Gaborik
Hagelin Boyle Callahan
X Rupp Prust

Staal Sauer
McDonagh Girardi
McIlrath Erixon

Lundqvist
Biron/Talbot

Old
11-03-2011, 03:59 PM
NYR Viper

Well TJ Oshie is being talked about on the trade board right now as possibly being available. Is anyone interested?

I know I would be if I were the Rangers.

Old
11-03-2011, 04:23 PM
coz21
Skrillllllz

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Well TJ Oshie is being talked about on the trade board right now as possibly being available. Is anyone interested?

Gimme Gimme. His crying last year notwithstanding I've loved the way he plays since he was UND. He'd fit perfectly on the second or maybe first line (might be a stretch). He instantly becomes Callahan-lite in terms of popularity and Callahan+ for skillset.

Old
11-03-2011, 04:31 PM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
DEADLINE DEAL

Anisimov, Del Zotto, Wolski, Thomas, two 1st round picks for Nash, Prospal

Nash Richards Callahan
Dubinsky Stepan Gaborik
Fedotenko Boyle Prust
Avery Christensen Rupp

Staal Sauer
McDonagh Girardi
Erixon Woywitka
Eminger

Lundqvist
Biron
Where's Prospal?

I also don't think either team would do that deal...especially with the uncertainty regarding Staal. The "value" isn't terrible, but I don't think it makes much sense for either team.

Besides, Nash is a RW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post

At the right price, sure. However, Oshie is to the Blues what Callahan is to the Rangers; he isn't as good of a player, but he plays a similar role. Smart, talented spark plug. More skilled than Callahan, but more reckless. More of a playmaker, too. He only has 1 goal this season...had 12 last year.

I'd imagine, regardless of his statistics, that the price would be high - Staal or McDonagh would have to be going back, IMO, and I would NEVER consider that myself.

11-03-2011, 04:51 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Would definitely be interested in oshie. Questions I have though is WHY is he available and what would the blues be looking for in return?

Old
11-03-2011, 04:52 PM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSutton View Post
Would definitely be interested in oshie. Questions I have though is WHY is he available and what would the blues be looking for in return?
Why - The Blues have a LOT of forwards, and Oshie has value and isn't necessarily "needed".

What - A top pair LH defenseman.

Old
11-03-2011, 05:20 PM
UDnyr92

Just gotta post that obligatory report ...

Quote:
stevezipay Steve Zipay
Early in season, but plenty of scouts here, along with two from Nashville
I'd say this isn't a coincidence, but we'll just have to wait and see. Nothing in this department goes quickly unfortunately.

Old
11-03-2011, 05:42 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Doan has a full no trade. I can't imagine the Coyotes ever asking him to waive it even if they are out of playoff contention. In fact, they have already exchanged numbers with his agent about a contract extension. In a town where hockey has a stunningly low profile, Doan is more than just the face of the franchisee, he's the face of hockey.

Old
11-03-2011, 05:43 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDnyr92 View Post

I'd say this isn't a coincidence, but we'll just have to wait and see. Nothing in this department goes quickly unfortunately.
Zipay just made a Suter joke.
Hmmm..
I think we could use Weber more TBH. We have enough LH dmen.

Imagine...

Dubinsky-Richards-Gaborik
Del Zotto - Weber

One can only dream...

Old
11-03-2011, 05:45 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDnyr92 View Post

Anaheim plays Nashville next week.

Old
11-03-2011, 05:52 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Wait just a minute there. You mean the presence of scouts doesnt mean an impending trade?!

Old
11-03-2011, 05:56 PM
UDnyr92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
touche.

Old
11-04-2011, 02:48 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Doan has a full no trade. I can't imagine the Coyotes ever asking him to waive it even if they are out of playoff contention. In fact, they have already exchanged numbers with his agent about a contract extension. In a town where hockey has a stunningly low profile, Doan is more than just the face of the franchisee, he's the face of hockey.
IMO, it is unfair of that franchise to ask Doan to re-sign with them at this point in his career given the uncertain status of their ownership and location. He has been everything they could have hoped for in terms of a face for the franchise, but how about giving the guy a shot to end his career with a championship?

No offense to you as a Coyotes fan or to that franchise, who I think have done a tremendous job given the circumstances, but I don't think the Coyotes are a Stanley Cup contending team, nor will be in the next 2-3 seasons. They are an above average and competitive team, and they have a lot of bright spots, but they don't have enough. I don't think Doan is going to get a ring in Phoenix.

I say, if he's down, then they should be, too.

On an unrelated and hypothetical note, how much would we all be willing to add to Dubinsky to acquire Bobby Ryan? I like Dubi and all, but man, that would do so much for this team. It ain't happening, but I'd like to gauge the response anyway.

Old
11-04-2011, 03:29 AM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
IMO, it is unfair of that franchise to ask Doan to re-sign with them at this point in his career given the uncertain status of their ownership and location. He has been everything they could have hoped for in terms of a face for the franchise, but how about giving the guy a shot to end his career with a championship?

No offense to you as a Coyotes fan or to that franchise, who I think have done a tremendous job given the circumstances, but I don't think the Coyotes are a Stanley Cup contending team, nor will be in the next 2-3 seasons. They are an above average and competitive team, and they have a lot of bright spots, but they don't have enough. I don't think Doan is going to get a ring in Phoenix.

I say, if he's down, then they should be, too.

On an unrelated and hypothetical note, how much would we all be willing to add to Dubinsky to acquire Bobby Ryan? I like Dubi and all, but man, that would do so much for this team. It ain't happening, but I'd like to gauge the response anyway.
Ryan would be tremendous on this team. I'd love to go for a legit power forward or someone like Ryan. I'd have no problem throwing in a 1st and one of our top prospects (even one of the "untouchable 3" of Kreider, Miller, or McIlrath). Still doubt that would be enough though. Dubinksy+Anisimov+1st+ Kreider/Miller/McIlrath? Steep but may be worth it. Honestly hate losing Kreider/Miller/McIlrath more than either AA or Dubi.

Slightly off topic here...but I think Dubinsky has reached his ceiling or is very close to it. Streaky scorer that is solid in all situations. This year (albeit it's still early) and last I waited for a bit of a breakout and I've really seen nothing different. Not complaining at all, but he's by no means invaluable and that's probably a large part of the reason he's been mentioned in so many proposals on here. I've loved him and wouldn't mind at all if he stayed, but I think this year may be a good time to move him, especially if he could be a main part of a package deal to bring in a guy like Bobby Ryan.

Old
11-04-2011, 03:56 AM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Just food-for-thought:

Would you rather trade some our expendable yet valuable guys (Dubi, AA, etc.) for a guy like Bobby Ryan or a Weber/Suter? Personally I would go for Weber. Could happen, as I believe we have the assets to land him. Question: what would it take?

Dubinsky+Girardi+Miller/Kreider+1st? Is that a good start or maybe even enough? Feel free to flame, I'm just trying to gauge what NSH would want from us.

Personally I feel adding Weber to a d-corps of (a hopefully healthy) Staal, McD, and Sauer makes our top-4 a top-3 unit in the league. Never mind what he would do for our PP and just his presence on the team. Would be an absolute legend here.

Old
11-04-2011, 08:51 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
Just food-for-thought:

Would you rather trade some our expendable yet valuable guys (Dubi, AA, etc.) for a guy like Bobby Ryan or a Weber/Suter? Personally I would go for Weber. Could happen, as I believe we have the assets to land him. Question: what would it take?

Dubinsky+Girardi+Miller/Kreider+1st? Is that a good start or maybe even enough? Feel free to flame, I'm just trying to gauge what NSH would want from us.

Personally I feel adding Weber to a d-corps of (a hopefully healthy) Staal, McD, and Sauer makes our top-4 a top-3 unit in the league. Never mind what he would do for our PP and just his presence on the team. Would be an absolute legend here.
IMO if the Rangers go for anyone, it should be Suter. He is the rock on that pairing. Weber is flashier but Suter is the type of defenseman who plays 26-28 minutes a night and shuts down everyone.

To put it in perspective for those who don't get to see him, he is a Ryan McDonagh on steroids. He has skating ability, size and a very high hockey IQ.

Old
11-04-2011, 10:01 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

I think the Rangers are approaching that point where they'll deal some pieces for a serious upgrade. However, I don't think we'll see that until we see what Kreider can do at the next level. A lot is hinging on what he can potentially bring to the table, and I don't think we'll see that "big move" made this year. Especially with Staal likely out of the lineup until after Christmas.

Anaheim has no reason to trade Ryan, and I think there will be another Richards situation with Suter in Nashville. They need him to make the playoffs, but the contract dispute might go on for a while.

Old
11-04-2011, 10:02 AM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

I'd take the forward. We need more skill.

If Staal career is over (which is not the case) then give me the d-man.

Closed Thread