HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

MZA back to Modo?

Old
11-03-2011, 06:58 AM
TigerJack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
Kjp onsdagens vg papirutgave. Der str det klart og tydelig at han ikke har tenkt til bli i Hartford hele sesongen. Ett vg team har fulg han en hel helg og det lyser frustrasjon fra gutten. (dette var i helgen etter hjernerystelsen) det var med p treninger og kampen med en assist og straffescoringen,men fr han fikk besked om kjpe leilighet)

Edit: Opps Sorry I forgot to write in english. By VG from Wednesday. There is a 4 page long article from journalists who followed him last weekend after the concussion and the last two games (before his two assist today)

My advice and hope for Zuke is to play out his contract,and if hes stuck in AHL,play the heck out of them and win the league by points.
Heres maybe the most interesting quote from Zuke in that article:

Quote:
- If I in a reasonable time dont feel that the Rangers er interested in getting me back, Ill have to look around for another club here in the USA. There is a limit to how long it is interesting for me to have it like this. I want out if they really dont have any plans for my future.
As you read the article, you can read between the lines that he is not at all satisfied, and really doubts that the Rangers wants him. There is no question about it. He feels that he has not been given the chance to prove himself, and he does not want to be in Hartford.

A big difference from last year, where he was sent down from camp, and agreed that he needed the stay in Hartford, and fought his way back.

TigerJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 07:48 AM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

As long as he want to stay in the US, that's good news. Just keep putting up numbers and it will work out. Pass # 2 yesterday was a beauty, and he really seems to be clicking with whoever he plays with down there, as long as it's creative players. Last year it was Newbury. This year JAM, Hagelin, Mitchel.

Ilovemymum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 11:50 AM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landeskog Rocks View Post
Cant belive players that play in AHL when you havbe SEL Finnins leauge and KHL? Are they stupid? A clause in contract!

Its better hockey better paid and so on there, AHL is a bottomshelf of an old milkbox, it stinks!

AHL is the NHLs feeder league though. You can't play in the SEL and then come up to NHL when the team needs you - plus its a different ice surface and different style of play. If you're a borderline player who wants to play in the NHL as soon as possible the AHL is for you.

haveandare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 12:47 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwegian View Post
When and where did u see that?
There have been plenty of games where he's finished with somewhere between 10-15 minutes of ice time, and gotten powerplay time. He never does enough to stick. I really doubt that Tortarella likes Wolski and Christensen that much more than Zuccarello where he just sends him down because he's got it out for Zuc.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 12:55 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Savard is really the only one that jumps to mind as someone we let go who exploded after he got traded.
and even then...he didn't turn into a truly elite center until well after we traded him. Before 05-06 (we traded him in 1999) most poitns he had in a season was 65. Which is good, but it doesn't sting the way 97 points in a seaosn does lol

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 12:56 PM
Dagh

For those too lazy to search

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id...eason=20102011

It seems he was mostly around 15 minutes last season, when playing.

Dagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 12:57 PM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

There is nothing to back it up hes going back or even thinking of going back. Thread title grossly misleading.

If anything is should read: "MZA States he is staying in NA to chance to get back to NHL" as he has been saying.

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 01:03 PM
NickyFotiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
There have been plenty of games where he's finished with somewhere between 10-15 minutes of ice time, and gotten powerplay time. He never does enough to stick. I really doubt that Tortarella likes Wolski and Christensen that much more than Zuccarello where he just sends him down because he's got it out for Zuc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagh View Post
For those too lazy to search

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id...eason=20102011

It seems he was mostly around 15 minutes last season, when playing.
MZA was 3rd on the Rangers team in points per minute last season as a rookie. To me that is doing something. If given a legit chance to play I think he will be even better this season. I see his confidence being higher and his skating being quicker.

NickyFotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 01:04 PM
kovazub94
Enigmatic

Quote:
What I have heard/read/been told is that is pretty much the opposite. Great, suksessfull and decent players decline when comming to New York Rangers.
What about Drury, Todd White, Nslund and Redden two name a few.I know,there not youngsters, but I have read somewhere that this is a trend,no?

It should be prohibited by the new CBA to bury players in AHL because of salary. Maximum 1 player on one way contract IMO(if still capable to play at NHL level, which I belive Redden is), in the farm team.
Yeah, there have been more but it is not always the case that the decline started in NY. Except for Drury the other three in your list were showing (huge) signs of declines even before they got to play in NY - only the Rangers management did not care to see them. Most of it - pre 2007.

kovazub94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 06:58 PM
NickyFotiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Since the end of the preseason this team has been completely mis-managed.

I'm turning into a broken record but until Feds-Boyle-Prust is this teams fourth line it's going to be tough. There's a spot for Zuccarello to get top 9 minutes it just won't happen until Torts realizes that it's there.

WW - Stepan - Gaborik
Dubi - Richards - Cally
Avery - Anisimov - Zuccarello
Feds - Boyle - Prust
EC, Rupp
I agree with you. Torts insists on playing two 4th lines. While I think Boyle can center a 3rd line or play wing on a 3rd line Feds and Prust should be on a 4th line not a 2nd or 3rd line. They will get you 15-30 points in a season.

Old
11-03-2011, 08:11 PM
Vitto79

IF Wolski is hurt for a while bring up MZA and play him with Stepan and Gaborik

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 08:16 PM
Placid

I have a tendency to take most newspaper scribbling with a grain of salt as a lot of it is "i heard" or "reliable sources", etc.

Here is a video interview though, which is straight from Zuke's mouth (unfortunately in Norwegian). Second half of the interview is in English (with Gernander about how Zuke is).

(anyone watching and wondering why he looks "beat up", he got a stick in the face during the match, so he'll probably get a couple of stitches).

The (Norwegian part of the) interview goes like this :

Interviewer : When are you getting back to the NYR ?
Zuke : I am wondering the same thing.

Interviewer : Are you disappointed you are playing here in the Whale ?
Zuke : Of course, as this is not the place i want to be. I want to play in the NHL, but this is how it turned out, so i'll just have to make the best of it and see how things develop.

Interviewer : You are considering, if the Rangers wont show any commitment and if it is obvious that you dont feature into their long term plans, to switch clubs ? (quite a loaded question...)
Zuke : Of course. You have to keep every option open, and this (the Whale) is not where i want to be. I know i can play in the NHL, i've shown that before, and hopefully i'll get the chance to show it again. If that means on another team then so be it, but its of course in the NHL i want to play.

And then it switches over to Gernander.

(Norwegian newspaper source). (this interview was done after the match against Adirondack Phantoms, but published today).

Last edited by Placid: 11-03-2011 at 08:23 PM.
Placid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 09:27 PM
fredrikstad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
IF Wolski is hurt for a while bring up MZA and play him with Stepan and Gaborik
WW has hurt his groin again in 1st period tonight. Did not show up for second. Avery time or a call up for Zuke?

Can`t say I`m happy with Zukes attitude though. He should just keep his mouth shut,and play like his a is on fire for The Whale.
It`s not like his Jaromir Jagr or something. But of course,I completely understand he is dissapointed, and I do agreed with him not getting a real chanse after pre season. Set up to fail with a hurt WW,and then on fourth line with Rupp. Zuke can`t performe under those conditions.
But keep it to your self Zuke. And keep up the good work for Whale!

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 09:48 PM
Norwegian
Pitbull Sniper

Quote:
WW has hurt his groin again in 1st period tonight. Did not show up for second. Avery time or a call up for Zuke?

Can`t say I`m happy with Zukes attitude though. He should just keep his mouth shut,and play like his a is on fire for The Whale.
It`s not like his Jaromir Jagr or something. But of course,I completely understand he is dissapointed, and I do agreed with him not getting a real chanse after pre season. Set up to fail with a hurt WW,and then on fourth line with Rupp. Zuke can`t performe under those conditions.
I have no problem with it, im quite sure rangers knows he does not want to be in ahl, he has ambitions. its not like he is badmouthing rangers in anyway. he speaks his mind. i see no problem with that. Averys statements didnt mather, he even got called up, after to poor games. So i cant see that Mats being honest about the situation should have an negative impact.

Norwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 12:10 AM
NickyFotiu

He is just answering the questions as they are posed to him in a honest and candid way. Torts even admitted that the Hartford coaches said it was Zooks that deserved the call up this week. I dont have any problem with his answers. It has to burn him knowing Torts called up 2 players ahead of him despite the Whale coaches saying he deserved the call up. He wants to be a Ranger first and foremost. He dreamed of being in the NHL. He only wants to leave if the Rangers dont want him in their future plans. Players dream of playing in the NHL not the AHL.

Old
11-04-2011, 12:32 AM
MorrisWanchuk

i think Zucc may get called up to fill the Wolski top 6 role

MorrisWanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 12:39 AM
TheHotRock

zucc is legit
at the very least he's gonna end up being a 60 point producer in the nhl for a long time
hope its with us
but we have a doofus for a coach

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 02:07 AM
MugatuNYR
so hot right now

How bout a "we want Zucca" chant at the Garden Saturday?

If Wolski is out for an extended period of time, it would be dumb to not call up Zucc. I like Deveaux's game, but the lineup is in some serious need of offensive talent.

Call up Zucc. Send down Deveaux.

Christensen - Richards - Gaborik
PACK
Avery - Stepan - Zucc
Feds - Boyle - Prust

This is a great lineup against a speedy Montreal team.

I really hope to hear news that he's been called up tomorrow. I suppose he can also play in CT tomorrow night and then come to NY on Saturday.

MugatuNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 04:46 AM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

Quote:

I think it's good for him. Too many of the most sympathetic Norwegian athletes are sometimes just to nice for their own good. Typically footballers like T.A. Flo in Chelsea and Solksjr in United ended up like supersubs, partly because they never said anything. A dream to have for a manager maybe, but when you have the golden helmet in SEL at age 22 / 23 you just don't belong in the AHL for more than some tuning, and that's what he's saying. He's done everything they told him to, and he feels he deserves a chance.

Old
11-04-2011, 05:10 AM
PTmbp13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunnelundefaret View Post
I think it's good for him. Too many of the most sympathetic Norwegian athletes are sometimes just to nice for their own good. Typically footballers like T.A. Flo in Chelsea and Solksjr in United ended up like supersubs, partly because they never said anything. A dream to have for a manager maybe, but when you have the golden helmet in SEL at age 22 / 23 you just don't belong in the AHL for more than some tuning, and that's what he's saying. He's done everything they told him to, and he feels he deserves a chance.
Agree on most, i dont get football game

He could try in some other franchise

PTmbp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 05:49 AM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landeskog Rocks View Post
Agree on most, i dont get football game

He could try in some other franchise
Hope it will be with the Rangers though. Football is the opposite of hockey. The audience fight, not the players. The players are more concerned with fashion than football (or Avery for that matter). Most leagues have an exhausting 20-30 games a year. It's slow, boring and low on scoring hence perfect for low definition TV, as nothing happens. Maybe that's why it's got such a wide appeal globally.

Old
11-04-2011, 06:14 AM
TigerJack

Quote:

I disagree completely!
There is no attitude issues with this interview... Of course hes disappointed. He didnt leave everything he had in Sweden to play in Hartford.
Zuke has a great attitude IMO, and just answers the questions from the journalist. Hes confident that he is good enough for the NHL, and thank God for that! He is still a humble guy, and even in this interview he says he understands that it is no use for him to play 6-7 minutes in the 4th line. I dont think the Rangers wants a player on the team that dont believe in himself..

Btw, I dont think there are any other players in the AHL that has this kind of attention from the media.... Journalists that follows Zuke from Hartford to Adirondack and back.....

No doubt he is Norways biggets hockey-star at the moment. For some people this feels kind of strange when we have a player like Patrick Thoresen who are haveing success in tht KHL, where he won the cup last year....

I love it. Zukes signing with the Rangers has without doubt made quite a few more hockey fans in Norway, which is needed

I guess well have another answer now when Wolski is out with injury. If WW is out a while, and Zuke is NOT called up, this would of course be another blow for him.

Last edited by TigerJack: 11-04-2011 at 06:19 AM.
TigerJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 06:27 AM
Xtranova

So after the game last night. How is Wolski's groin doing? Will this just give Avery a pass into a line and bump up a third or fourth liner, or is this the chance that Zuke will grab with three hands?

If he gets called up now I think it's now or never (if he is given Wolski's minutes).

Xtranova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 06:49 AM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtranova View Post
So after the game last night. How is Wolski's groin doing? Will this just give Avery a pass into a line and bump up a third or fourth liner, or is this the chance that Zuke will grab with three hands?

If he gets called up now I think it's now or never (if he is given Wolski's minutes).
@NYDNRangers
Pat Leonard -Tortorella said he'll know more on Wolski (strained groin) tomorrow. Boyle cut his finger but returned. Girardi no word on stitches

Tomorrow is today. Strained groins are really hard to heal without rest, and he had this since before Europe, so odds are him being out for a while. Probably a major reason for Wolsky's variable performance the first games, as he was reportedly very good in the scrimmages as I can recall. Too bad for Wolsky, but har to avoid a Zucc recall now?

Old
11-04-2011, 06:52 AM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerJack View Post
I disagree completely!
There is no attitude issues with this interview... Of course hes disappointed. He didnt leave everything he had in Sweden to play in Hartford.
Zuke has a great attitude IMO, and just answers the questions from the journalist. Hes confident that he is good enough for the NHL, and thank God for that! He is still a humble guy, and even in this interview he says he understands that it is no use for him to play 6-7 minutes in the 4th line. I dont think the Rangers wants a player on the team that dont believe in himself..

Btw, I dont think there are any other players in the AHL that has this kind of attention from the media.... Journalists that follows Zuke from Hartford to Adirondack and back.....

No doubt he is Norways biggets hockey-star at the moment. For some people this feels kind of strange when we have a player like Patrick Thoresen who are haveing success in tht KHL, where he won the cup last year....

I love it. Zukes signing with the Rangers has without doubt made quite a few more hockey fans in Norway, which is needed

I guess well have another answer now when Wolski is out with injury. If WW is out a while, and Zuke is NOT called up, this would of course be another blow for him.
Zucc in Rangers means everything for Norwegian hockey. Hope they tell him to look for a Broadway appartment (seems to be the language over there), that would be a good signal.