HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Michael Cammalleri

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-12-2005, 01:30 PM
  #201
swinginutter*
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Italy
Posts: 1,796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyflyer
Caught a bit of the game, looked OK....any comments on if he should be there next game against the speedy wings?
He should play every game this season! Put the first line back together and see what they can do for at least two weeks. If it doesn't work re-shuffle. Yeah, he only looked ok, but the guy is probably skating on egg-shells. He's a professional, but his confidence can't be high. Other players last night also just looked ok.
I think everyone here is either looking for Cammy to make mistakes or bury on a constant basis. He must be doing something right if everyone is focusing on him! The two-way crap gets old though.

swinginutter* is offline  
Old
10-12-2005, 01:46 PM
  #202
KingKong99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 17
vCash: 500
He played pretty well...had an assist. Let him play for a while - see what he can do in a decent stretch of games.

KingKong99 is offline  
Old
10-12-2005, 02:10 PM
  #203
KingTin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 42
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swinginutter
He should play every game this season! Put the first line back together and see what they can do for at least two weeks. If it doesn't work re-shuffle. Yeah, he only looked ok, but the guy is probably skating on egg-shells. He's a professional, but his confidence can't be high. Other players last night also just looked ok.
I think everyone here is either looking for Cammy to make mistakes or bury on a constant basis. He must be doing something right if everyone is focusing on him! The two-way crap gets old though.
He needs time to play. Right now he's more or less playing his size. You don't really notice him when he's on the ice. Were it not for the fact that everyone is focused on him right now, no one would have noticed him. Now whether that is atributed to AM's coaching or his effectiveness at the NHL level is yet to be determined.

KingTin is offline  
Old
10-12-2005, 02:12 PM
  #204
Tadite
Registered User
 
Tadite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Rhode Island
Country: United States
Posts: 4,862
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swinginutter
I think everyone here is either looking for Cammy to make mistakes or bury on a constant basis. He must be doing something right if everyone is focusing on him! The two-way crap gets old though.

People arenít focusing on him its just we people donít have to much else to whine about... Its just he is the classic internet hockey hero.

Small: So the wanabe players can ruet for him.
Flashy: So he looks like he could be good to amateurs who only see the flash.
Stats: Big numbers must mean talent to fantasy hockey players... To bad it doesn't work that way in the real world.

You have those three things and fans will complain and whine and cry about him till the end of time.

Hell people are still crying over Rosa.... Same situation.

Now honestly I think Cammy could be good. He just really does have a huge amount to overcome though. The guy looks and is tinny on the ice. Avery and Weaver and not big guys but they look far bigger then Cammy. Letís hope he has the pure skill to works his way through, because even the smallest check seems to crush him. Remember this is a guy who got a concussion playing soccer before a gameÖ

Guy had better step up though. Bure is coming and its Cammys spot he is going to take...

As for being a two-way player. Demitra is the best player offensive player on our team. He playes defense. How can you expect Cammy to not do the same? Its not like Cammy is Pavel BureÖ

Tadite is offline  
Old
10-12-2005, 03:26 PM
  #205
swinginutter*
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Italy
Posts: 1,796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite
People arenít focusing on him its just we people donít have to much else to whine about... Its just he is the classic internet hockey hero.

Small: So the wanabe players can ruet for him.
Flashy: So he looks like he could be good to amateurs who only see the flash.
Stats: Big numbers must mean talent to fantasy hockey players... To bad it doesn't work that way in the real world.

You have those three things and fans will complain and whine and cry about him till the end of time.

Hell people are still crying over Rosa.... Same situation.

Now honestly I think Cammy could be good. He just really does have a huge amount to overcome though. The guy looks and is tinny on the ice. Avery and Weaver and not big guys but they look far bigger then Cammy. Letís hope he has the pure skill to works his way through, because even the smallest check seems to crush him. Remember this is a guy who got a concussion playing soccer before a gameÖ

Guy had better step up though. Bure is coming and its Cammys spot he is going to take...

As for being a two-way player. Demitra is the best player offensive player on our team. He playes defense. How can you expect Cammy to not do the same? Its not like Cammy is Pavel BureÖ

So is that why i've been moaning!

I could really care less if the guy got shopped tomorrow. Yeah, he looks like a little pip-squeak out there, and he can get pushed around quite easily. But Ziggy got thrown around like a rag-doll. The guy is vertically challenged......so be it. Some of you are obsessed with his style and his build. He scores goals, and helps create them. He's not Mike Peca.
Internet hockey hero...........you're classic man. If he plays the rest of the season are you going to justify every point he has?

Bure taking his spot? Yeah, tell us what else AM said to you?

swinginutter* is offline  
Old
10-12-2005, 03:37 PM
  #206
Tadite
Registered User
 
Tadite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Rhode Island
Country: United States
Posts: 4,862
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swinginutter
So is that why i've been moaning!

I could really care less if the guy got shopped tomorrow. Yeah, he looks like a little pip-squeak out there, and he can get pushed around quite easily. But Ziggy got thrown around like a rag-doll. The guy is vertically challenged......so be it. Some of you are obsessed with his style and his build. He scores goals, and helps create them. He's not Mike Peca.
Internet hockey hero...........you're classic man. If he plays the rest of the season are you going to justify every point he has?

Bure taking his spot? Yeah, tell us what else AM said to you?

Ziggy is one of the best offensive players in the game and he can play PK.

Bure is a true NHL skills player.

Cammy is a guy who wishes he could have Bure's career. To somehow proclaim that the only thing standing in the way of Cammys destiny is AM or the "system" is simply ridiculous. The guy has been and will be a long shot to stay in the league. He can do only one job, thatís being the offensive player. And he has not proven he can do that at the NHL level with NHL's physical play. Cammy hasnít changed since we first saw him. He does well in open ice with no one around him. If someone plays defense he canít break a check. He is either a success at the NHL level or a total bust. High risk reward pickÖ

Do you really think Bure is going to be playing on the 4th line and taking Parros 5 minutes a game? What other player is going to sit besides Cammy? Or do you honestly think that Bure is going to be our healthy scratch? Bure and Cammy do the same job. Its one or the other. Only time you see both is if we are playing an incredibly wimpy team.

Tadite is offline  
Old
10-12-2005, 04:42 PM
  #207
swinginutter*
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Italy
Posts: 1,796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite
Ziggy is one of the best offensive players in the game and he can play PK.

Bure is a true NHL skills player.

Cammy is a guy who wishes he could have Bure's career. To somehow proclaim that the only thing standing in the way of Cammys destiny is AM or the "system" is simply ridiculous. The guy has been and will be a long shot to stay in the league. He can do only one job, thatís being the offensive player. And he has not proven he can do that at the NHL level with NHL's physical play. Cammy hasnít changed since we first saw him. He does well in open ice with no one around him. If someone plays defense he canít break a check. He is either a success at the NHL level or a total bust. High risk reward pickÖ

Do you really think Bure is going to be playing on the 4th line and taking Parros 5 minutes a game? What other player is going to sit besides Cammy? Or do you honestly think that Bure is going to be our healthy scratch? Bure and Cammy do the same job. Its one or the other. Only time you see both is if we are playing an incredibly wimpy team.
You and I can go at this for days. We're going to agree to disagree on this whole subject. I'm just glad that you can see into the future though. You're judging a 23 yr old player on a whole of 61 NHL games played (24 pts)! Palffy came into this league as a lazy offensive minded player, but turned his overall play around. But I can tell you that NY wasn't complaining with his offensive abilities. (646 gms played). Val Bure has been taunted all around this league, and now you make him sound like the second coming. Give me a break! Val has played 621 gms and has had one 70 pt season. My example was that Ziggy gets thrown around easily. Cammy can't be compared to Ziggy, but can easily get compared to Val Bure. Cammy would almost have the same point totals in games played as did Val Bure in his young career. As soon as he logs time, his confidence will grow. But first the coach has to have that. To me it has everything to do with system over talent.

Cammy will get his chance, and if not with us, with another club. He's done it at every level and will do it at this level. Maybe he is to small for this league and won't crack it. But we'll never know. So when do you give him his chance to either fail or succeed?

As for your lines. Bure and Cammy can easily play on the same night. The coach just has to make it happen. We'd have a great top 9, with an excellent 4th line (grind, stopper, whatever you wanna' call it line).

swinginutter* is offline  
Old
10-12-2005, 06:50 PM
  #208
Tadite
Registered User
 
Tadite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Rhode Island
Country: United States
Posts: 4,862
vCash: 500
Cammy needs offensive minutes or he is a liability on the ice. But right now our top-9 is nearly set.

Cammy isn't a good enough center to be a threat to EB or Army let alone Demitra, Conroy or Roenek. So he has to go against the Wings. Frolov, Brown, Avery, Luc, and Demitra (when he isn't a center) have all outplayed Cammy. EB or Army are also better Centers then Cammy so they are safe. Heck even Tom is safe as the 3rd liner physical winger.

All you can talk about is 4th liners like Parros or Cowan because thatís all thatís left. Yet neither of those guys really should be in the discussion. Both do a job that Cammy can't do which is to take the body and play defense. Or do you want Cammy to have 5 minutes a game like Parros?

A good hockey team is not just flashy guys like Bure or Cammy. It is just the right mix of flash and physical.

If you take both Cowan and Parros of the ice the kings lose far too much of their physical play you can get away with dropping one but certainly not both. Skilled players can't get goals if the other teams checkers are crushing them....


I always thought before the season that we would have 1 spot for a rookie on our top lines. Turns out it was Brown. For a Kings team to have real depth is just shocking to me but we have it and now its far tougher to be on our team then when we had half the AHL the past few seasonsÖ.

Tadite is offline  
Old
10-12-2005, 06:58 PM
  #209
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!
 
agentfouser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Ireland
Posts: 2,459
vCash: 500
even if minutes are not available for cammalleri right now, they will be. this is the la kings we're talking about, and it would be truly miraculous if we went through the whole season without at least one of our top offensive players going down for an extended period of time.

at the moment, however, i agree with tadite--in the lineup calculus, he's the odd man out.

agentfouser is offline  
Old
10-12-2005, 11:15 PM
  #210
johnjohn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 35
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite
Cammy isn't a good enough center to be a threat to EB or Army let alone Demitra, Conroy or Roenek. So he has to go against the Wings. Frolov, Brown, Avery, Luc, and Demitra (when he isn't a center) have all outplayed Cammy.
Well, that doesn't quite make sense. Demitra can't play all season on two of the top three lines.

Clearly the center situation looks something like:
Roenick
Conroy
Armstrong


While the top forwards look like:
Demitra-Frolov-Brown-Luc-Avery

I think a good argument could be made that either Cammileri should be on a top two line, not Luc, or that a Belanger-Avery-Cammalleri line would be very interesting.

This discussion needs to take place whether or not Cammalleri is the topic, as Val Bure needs to eventually play somewhere as well. The people to wonder about are guys like Parros.

My critique of Cammalleri is that he couldn't match the at-speed puck control that Eric Belanger showed. Or that Sean Avery showed, for that matter. If you watch Avery, he's always in motion. He plays well without the puck, which Cammalleri didn't look like he was doing.

I'm not a hater. I'd like to see the guy do well, but is his skating even up to Avery's? If you're 5'9" like Avery, you'd better be able to skate like him...

If I saw him flying out there, but not getting bounces, that would be one thing. Frolov, for example, can dominate a game for long stretches with his puck control game. Even if he doesn't score, he's having a huge impact. Speed can impact a game too, as we can see with Avery and Eric Belanger.

Is Cammalleri having any kind of impact? I didn't see it.

johnjohn is offline  
Old
10-14-2005, 12:48 PM
  #211
johnjohn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 35
vCash: 500
He looked much better during the Detroit game.

johnjohn is offline  
Old
11-09-2005, 07:52 PM
  #212
jmjt9864
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Guelph, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 103
vCash: 500
Cammalleri

seems like he has definitely picked up his game ...

in the game tonight he has been all over the ice creating chances and even done some decent back checking ...

hopefully it can continue

jmjt9864 is offline  
Old
11-09-2005, 08:58 PM
  #213
ILuvLA
Registered User
 
ILuvLA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Lost in LA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,744
vCash: 500
Cammy has been improving over each game, not huge steps, mind you, but improving nonetheless. Tonight he's looked even better.

ILuvLA is offline  
Old
11-10-2005, 07:51 PM
  #214
jeffreyaa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: GutFest '89
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 551
vCash: 500
Cammy's been bringing it. Not just the goal last night, although I do like him at the point on our PP. He tried to throw the body around a LITTLE last night, and isn't getting muscled off the puck along the boards quite as much anymore. It's understandable that he'd have a learning curve in terms of that in particular.

He's been coming back to make defensive plays, and has generally been bringing enough on a consistent basis to be an NHLer, in my opinion. I want to see this kid continue to develop, and I actually think that - given his particular personality - JR is a pretty good mentor for him.

jeffreyaa is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:59 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.