HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Workout Thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-02-2011, 10:18 PM
Snooki Stackhouse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
Anyone know how creatine works exactly? I've asked these questions before. I'm looking for something that helps me increase my gains at the gym, but I don't want the creatine muscles where I'm just filled with water weight.

If I take creatine for cycles, I'd imagine I'd still build loads more muscle than I would normally, but does muscle mass decrease when I quit taking it?

I've never ever been a supplement guy. I've always been all natural. It has been way harder to put on lean muscle than it has in the past for me though, for some reason.

I just don't want to be walking around like one of those jacked up doofuses who can't put their arms down to their sides. I figured it I was on and off things like creatine, I'd be able to create the muscle gains without gaining the water weight.
As a Doctor of BroScientology (D.BrSc.), I can safely say that creatine will not turn you into a jacked juice head. Only illegal drugs can do that.

Creatine, from my extensive knowledge in Bro Science, will cause you to gain weight and have a small extra burst of energy/strength when lifting weights. Long term, the muscle gains achieved through many lifting sessions do not simply vanish when the water weight is lost and creatine supplementation is ended. Your gains are your gains. If you get an extra 2 reps due to creatine supplementation, that's two more reps worth of muscle tears.

I'd recommend a steady 90-day trial of 5-10g/day creatine monohydrate supplementation. It's cheap and mildly effective.

Old
11-02-2011, 11:20 PM
JTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooki Stackhouse View Post
As a Doctor of BroScientology (D.BrSc.), I can safely say that creatine will not turn you into a jacked juice head. Only illegal drugs can do that.

Creatine, from my extensive knowledge in Bro Science, will cause you to gain weight and have a small extra burst of energy/strength when lifting weights. Long term, the muscle gains achieved through many lifting sessions do not simply vanish when the water weight is lost and creatine supplementation is ended. Your gains are your gains. If you get an extra 2 reps due to creatine supplementation, that's two more reps worth of muscle tears.

I'd recommend a steady 90-day trial of 5-10g/day creatine monohydrate supplementation. It's cheap and mildly effective.
Much appreciated.

Old
11-04-2011, 10:12 AM
HandshakeLine
is probso trolling u

Does anyone have any experience with Ironmind's grippers? I lost a match on points simply because my opponent was stronger than me (which rarely happens in my weight class) and was able to outmuscle my grips and stall me.

I've started adding farmer's carries, plate pinches and extensions, and reverse curls to my workouts too, but as I'm moving up to the advanced divisions soon, I'm going to need all I can get to have an edge.

Old
11-04-2011, 10:26 AM
cassius

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
Just tried the Ab Ripper X, it destroyed me.
Definitely a good one... with the exception of the toolbag guy who runs the show, but that is what the mute button is for.

Old
11-04-2011, 10:48 AM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassius View Post
Definitely a good one... with the exception of the toolbag guy who runs the show, but that is what the mute button is for.
He's a bit of a toolbag but that's what you expect from workout vids.

Old
11-04-2011, 10:53 AM
invictus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
He's a bit of a toolbag but that's what you expect from workout vids.
http://www.amazon.com/Situation-Work...0421961&sr=8-1

Old
11-04-2011, 10:56 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
I think the main reason videos work from time-to-time is because people finally commit to an actual nutritional diet. That combined with a decent workout (to keep the metabolism up) is the perfect equation for losing weight. It doesn't so much matter what video... just diet and work out.

As good as p90x is, i think it is too intense for new comers to the workout world. Something simple getting the blood flow going and just dieting right will always work for people starting their path to being healthy.

Old
11-04-2011, 10:56 AM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by invictus View Post
I'd buy that just so I could have the pleasure of burning it .

Old
11-04-2011, 01:25 PM
JTG

I've always believed that 90% of losing weight is diet. THat's why these fat ****ing people lost so much weight on Atkins without doing ****.

Old
11-04-2011, 07:21 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

I like how everyone raves about how p90x came up with this revolutionary idea that if you work out and eat right you will lose weight.

It's a good portable work out routine but beyond that I don't see the big deal.

Old
11-04-2011, 07:32 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:
Anyone know how creatine works exactly? I've asked these questions before. I'm looking for something that helps me increase my gains at the gym, but I don't want the creatine muscles where I'm just filled with water weight.

If I take creatine for cycles, I'd imagine I'd still build loads more muscle than I would normally, but does muscle mass decrease when I quit taking it?

I've never ever been a supplement guy. I've always been all natural. It has been way harder to put on lean muscle than it has in the past for me though, for some reason.

I just don't want to be walking around like one of those jacked up doofuses who can't put their arms down to their sides. I figured it I was on and off things like creatine, I'd be able to create the muscle gains without gaining the water weight.
Creatine was huge for me when I first started lifting. The water weight stuff from what I can tell is a bunch crap. Creatine adds lean muscle mass and for me at least I never had any trouble with retaining water. The best I have ever looked, six pack and all was when I first started taking it.

You will lose some strength when you go off it but your not going to deflate like if you were on roids or something.

Old
11-04-2011, 10:47 PM
66-29-33

Wait, so some of you guys have a pool of sweat on the ground from P90X? i can see insanity since it's all cardio based, but P90X? i've yet to come close to drown in my own sweat pool.

Old
11-04-2011, 10:49 PM
66-29-33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
I think the main reason videos work from time-to-time is because people finally commit to an actual nutritional diet. That combined with a decent workout (to keep the metabolism up) is the perfect equation for losing weight. It doesn't so much matter what video... just diet and work out.

As good as p90x is, i think it is too intense for new comers to the workout world. Something simple getting the blood flow going and just dieting right will always work for people starting their path to being healthy.
I think P90X is perfect for new comers, it teaches them how to work your whole body, not just big arms.

Old
11-15-2011, 03:45 PM
pucks1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-29-33 View Post
I think P90X is perfect for new comers, it teaches them how to work your whole body, not just big arms.
How about an update- U sticking to plan? Iím finishing up my first month of insanity. I didnít notice much of a difference until i got back on the ice. I found that with one quick move I was by defenders and in on net. When before I had to use a couple of dekes to get around them. Everyone was telling me that I found a new gear that wasnít there before- I even had a guy tell me i should walk on for a tryout in the Nhl Ė lmao- it was nice to hear though.

Old
11-15-2011, 05:18 PM
Steve Durbano

I pick things up and put them down.

Old
11-15-2011, 11:35 PM
66-29-33

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucks1 View Post
How about an update- U sticking to plan? Iím finishing up my first month of insanity. I didnít notice much of a difference until i got back on the ice. I found that with one quick move I was by defenders and in on net. When before I had to use a couple of dekes to get around them. Everyone was telling me that I found a new gear that wasnít there before- I even had a guy tell me i should walk on for a tryout in the Nhl Ė lmao- it was nice to hear though.
Still struggling with nutrition. I've lost 10 pounds total, though. I'll do another 3 months of P90X, but THIS TIME I'LL FOLLOW THE NUTRITION PLAN!!!!!! only positive thing to come from this are my upper upper body area. My arms and neck, i'm starting to struggle less and less with 15 pound dumbells. Once i'm done i'll move to 20 pound dumbells, then the next month 25, then 30, and so on. I wanna look like Tony Horton, that guy is 50 and looks like a BEAST! i wonder how many days he goes to the gym ontop of P90X to look that big? I plan to go back to the gym, do 1 hour cardio, then go to my dads and do my P90X. A little more cardio can't hurt can it?

Old
11-15-2011, 11:38 PM
JTG

Quote:
Still struggling with nutrition. I've lost 10 pounds total, though. I'll do another 3 months of P90X, but THIS TIME I'LL FOLLOW THE NUTRITION PLAN!!!!!! only positive thing to come from this are my upper upper body area. My arms and neck, i'm starting to struggle less and less with 15 pound dumbells. Once i'm done i'll move to 20 pound dumbells, then the next month 25, then 30, and so on. I wanna look like Tony Horton, that guy is 50 and looks like a BEAST! i wonder how many days he goes to the gym ontop of P90X to look that big? I plan to go back to the gym, do 1 hour cardio, then go to my dads and do my P90X. A little more cardio can't hurt can it?
Famous last words...

Old
11-16-2011, 08:04 AM
pucks1

Quote:
Nice - keep up the good work man, i had a little relapse last night- i came home to freshly baked cookies!!!

Old
11-23-2011, 10:07 PM
66-29-33

Last week for me and i get a 1 week break as it would be 3 months, then i'll head back at it from the beginning. But today was rough....i almost broke my tailbone. I was doing pullups as fast as i could and my pullup bar gave out and as i am lifting myself in the air i fall down on my tailbone unable to get up for 1 minute. I had to stop working out for the night because i also injured my knee, i'm damn sore but i'll be fine. Lol i'm such a dumbass. >.<

Old
11-25-2011, 12:51 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Then when you go back to the first month it feels like kiddy play.
Ok so now I see what you mean.. I am in the second week of the max routine (month 2) and it is ****ing ridiculous.

I read that when you first wrote it and thought "how hard could it get?" - now I know... damn bro.

I solved my problem with slipping in my own sweat and am putting a towel on the mat for the plyo exercises. Huge difference.

I am doing the entire workout, including the warm-up and stretches... I got through all workouts but the Max Plyo - I mean wtf... I thought my heart was going to explode with this routine. I got to the last round of exercises with maybe 9 minutes left both times I have done it, but it is almost impossible to reach down any further...

I see you have to do the fit test THEN Max Plyo... is that even possible? Then they add cardio abs to one of the other routines... If I can get through the entire routine by the final week I'll be impressed - big time.

Old
11-28-2011, 12:53 PM
pucks1

Yea second month is seriously no joke- I had a roommate moved in and he wanted to work out to Ė So I decided to just start over- But this time Iím doing the p90x/ insanity hybrid- this is the big dog of workout routines. Its 3 months long instead of 2 months and you get more muscle mass & the Back work out that insanity lacks. However on the cardio days you sub in insanity so that you donít lose too much of the high end cardio. Here is the link if youíre interested for next round.

http://teamripped.com/p90x-insanity-...nsanity-hybrid

@ 66-29-33- You should be about done with the 90 days? Did you make it? What are your results like? Hope you didnít mess up your tail bone that bad, Last year I had to sit on a phone book at work from falling on my tail bone during a hockey game. I canít lie- I did laugh at the image of you crashing to the floor during mid pull up. 

Old
11-28-2011, 12:55 PM
pucks1

Yea second month is seriously no joke- I had a roommate that moved in and want to work out to – So I decided to just start over- But this time I’m doing the p90x/ insanity hybrid- this is the big dog of workout routines. Its 3 months long instead of 2 months and you get more muscle mass & the Back work out that insanity lacks. However on the cardio days you sub in insanity so that you don’t lose too much of the high end cardio. Here is the link if you’re interested for next round.

@ 66-29-33- You should be about done with the 90 days? Did you make it? What are your results like? Hope you didn’t mess up your tail bone that bad, Last year I had to sit on a phone book at work from falling on my tail bone during a hockey game. I can’t lie- I did laugh at the image of you crashing to the floor during mid pull up. 

Old
11-28-2011, 01:09 PM
SidGenoMario

Quote:
I've always believed that 90% of losing weight is diet. THat's why these fat ****ing people lost so much weight on Atkins without doing ****.
I'd personally put that number up to 95%. I don't know. Call me crazy, but I've always found not eating 6 cheeseburgers a day was an easier task than running for an hour.

Old
11-28-2011, 01:13 PM
JTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidGenoMario View Post
I'd personally put that number up to 95%. I don't know. Call me crazy, but I've always found not eating 6 cheeseburgers a day was an easier task than running for an hour.
It is. Diet is incredibly hard for me to stick to. I have an unbelievable sweet tooth. The amount of desserts I ate over Thanksgiving would make a normal person sick.

I have been known to lose 15-20 lbs just by switching up what I eat, and it seriously melts off of me. Sticking to that without killing someone though is tough to do.

Old
11-28-2011, 01:25 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Yea second month is seriously no joke- I had a roommate that moved in and want to work out to – So I decided to just start over- But this time I’m doing the p90x/ insanity hybrid- this is the big dog of workout routines. Its 3 months long instead of 2 months and you get more muscle mass & the Back work out that insanity lacks. However on the cardio days you sub in insanity so that you don’t lose too much of the high end cardio. Here is the link if you’re interested for next round.

I am doing a whole routine for my back, shoulders and biceps using my iron gym every night, so it is working out well in conjunction with insanity.

I may do P90x when I am done with this, not too sure. I think I am going to do two months of the final month routine and see what happens. Then buy the other insanity series.

Have you been able to get through the entire Max Plyo without cheating? I am like 2 sets away now (4-5 minutes left)... didn't tap out from any other exercises and only took breaks when Shaun T said to.

This **** is so bad ass that eventhough my my diet still isn't straight have still lost another 3 lbs (189 as of today) and I am seeing definition everywhere. I am not eating like a slob, but I would say my diet is only what it normally is 4 days a week with about 3 cheat days thrown in... I just need to get down to one cheat day (so hard this time of year though).

Closed Thread