HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers coach Laviolette unhappy with van Riemsdyk

Old
11-04-2011, 03:23 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
??? What do you mean?

Also to the person who mentioned Zherdev... he was terrible. Reason why no one else signed him this past offseason and how he is having troubles in his new team in the KHL.
Couts playing a shade over 10 mins? Rinaldo who was playing a good game 2:00 mins? Giroux 27:00 mins after coming off his career high in ice time in the previous game during a back to back? Why does he continue to give players ice time who are struggling(Simmonds, Voracek) and isn't rewarding players who are making the most of their limited time? Get Shelley out the lineup and roll 4 lines.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 03:25 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
I don't see the point in scratching him after a pre-game skate. If the reason for benching him was disapproval based on the prior night's game, then the scratch would have been decided earlier in the day. If the injury is groin, or even a knee, it could have tightened during warmups and at that point a decision was made to err on the side of caution.
Bingo.

Most people do not know scratches are made after pre-game skates. I believe JVR is/was injured and didn't feel up to par to play last night. End of story.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 03:28 PM
phillyflu

I keep hearing, jvr hasn't been playing well, he's off to a slow start, he needs to pick it up, etc...

He's on pace for 33 goals and 53 points. What the hell does he need to do, score 50 and 125 for people to be happy?

phillyflu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 03:31 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

53 points would be pretty weak considering the organization really needs him to produce.

11-04-2011, 03:31 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
Seravalli has been getting a lot of bad info lately.
You mean, Seravalli has been getting bad info, forever?

Old
11-04-2011, 03:32 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyflu View Post
I keep hearing, jvr hasn't been playing well, he's off to a slow start, he needs to pick it up, etc...

He's on pace for 33 goals and 53 points. What the hell does he need to do, score 50 and 125 for people to be happy?
This article is false journalism at its best. Lavi didn't scratch him due to his game. It has to do with JVR being injured.

Old
11-04-2011, 03:36 PM
phillyflu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
53 points would be pretty weak considering the organization really needs him to produce.
33 goals would put him 3rd on last years team, yeah, that's really weak. JVR sucks.

phillyflu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 03:40 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Hartnell, Jagr, and Briere are scoring at a PPG pace.

JVR will be fine..

Old
11-04-2011, 03:41 PM
phillyfanatic

Quote:
Wow - I can't believe you just said that. On pace for 33 goals is pretty weak? He is a goal scorer, assists require other people scoring, that isn't happening unless he is playing with Briere, etc. If JVR gets 30+ goals this year while NOT playing #1 PP, this is a 100% success for his third year.

phillyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 03:42 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
Couts playing a shade over 10 mins? Rinaldo who was playing a good game 2:00 mins? Giroux 27:00 mins after coming off his career high in ice time in the previous game during a back to back? Why does he continue to give players ice time who are struggling(Simmonds, Voracek) and isn't rewarding players who are making the most of their limited time? Get Shelley out the lineup and roll 4 lines.
Who do you take time away from? 4th line players are getting what they get. Rinaldo and Shelly get that time because they dont do anything else. Couturier is our 4th line center, whether you hate it or not. 4th line centers get around 11-12 minutes a night and I think that a 18 yr old rookie, under 15 minutes is perfect. Rinaldo is getting exactly the amount of time he can get. He doesnt do anything else, so 3-4 minutes a night is fine.

Its not like Simmonds and Voracek are getting tons of time here. Voracek is getting around 15 minutes a night, and Simmonds is fluxing between 14 minutes and 19 minutes.

Also Giroux played that much time because of OT, gotta remember that. Giroux is our best player on the team (offensively atleast) so Lavy is obviously going to play him alot. Crosby, OV, etc etc play this kind of minutes so its not unusual.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 03:44 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
33 goals would put him 3rd on last years team, yeah, that's really weak. JVR sucks.
Really? On pace stuff is retarded. Giroux is on pace for 50 goals 106 points right now.

JVR has not been playing well... its kind of the truth. Its not just points I am talking about either....

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfanatic View Post
Wow - I can't believe you just said that. On pace for 33 goals is pretty weak? He is a goal scorer, assists require other people scoring, that isn't happening unless he is playing with Briere, etc. If JVR gets 30+ goals this year while NOT playing #1 PP, this is a 100% success for his third year.
But he has been getting PP time... He has been playing point and on the wing. Not every shift but that doesnt mean he hasnt been on it.

Old
11-04-2011, 03:44 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
To get players into their games, the best players have to play. Rinaldo did deserve more shifts, based on his play in the 2nd period, but obviously Lavy doesn't think he can roll 4 lines with those two, and his and Shelley's ice time has decreased as every game has gone on, aside from blowouts. Because he doesn't think he can roll that line Giroux has to play 27 minutes in early November, which to me is ridiculous. No forward should be playing that much this early in the season.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 03:46 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfanatic View Post
20 games from now he could easily be on pace for 20ish goals this season...especially with the way he's been playing. If he doesn't become consistent, he is going to have an underwhelming year.

edit: Hartnell is on pace for 32 goals and 76 points...you think that's gonna happen?

Last edited by Beef Invictus: 11-04-2011 at 03:55 PM.
Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 03:49 PM
ORYX

Quote:
Because goals are the only measure of quality play right? IF he attains 33 goals and 55 points, that isn't a huge disappointment, but underproduction none the less.

For me, it isnt the points that are irritating me, its his lackadaisical play thats annoying, and when you can score 33 goals/55 points as you say he pace is, while playing lazy and without determination it adds to the frustration that everyone knows he is capable of much much more but isn't attaining that production.

With that said, 33 goals is only a still photograph of a moving scene, just doesnt encompass everything that needs to go into it.

ORYX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 03:52 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Who do you take time away from? 4th line players are getting what they get. Rinaldo and Shelly get that time because they dont do anything else. Couturier is our 4th line center, whether you hate it or not. 4th line centers get around 11-12 minutes a night and I think that a 18 yr old rookie, under 15 minutes is perfect. Rinaldo is getting exactly the amount of time he can get. He doesnt do anything else, so 3-4 minutes a night is fine.

Its not like Simmonds and Voracek are getting tons of time here. Voracek is getting around 15 minutes a night, and Simmonds is fluxing between 14 minutes and 19 minutes.

Also Giroux played that much time because of OT, gotta remember that. Giroux is our best player on the team (offensively atleast) so Lavy is obviously going to play him alot. Crosby, OV, etc etc play this kind of minutes so its not unusual.
I'm saying that his management of in game feel of how guys are playing is poor. He doesn't reward the guys who have more jump in their game with ice time during the course of the game. I understand that about Giroux from time to time. But after coming off a career high of ice time playing him again for 20+ mins for 3 periods?.

Outside that goal he scored he really didn't look good. The kid was tired. How many teams on the NHL have two players who play less then 2 mins. None. Usually there is one with the enforcer. Get Shelley out of the lineup and roll 4 lines. This team is better when they roll all 4 lines.

Old
11-04-2011, 03:54 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
I'm saying that his management of in game feel of how guys are playing is poor. He doesn't reward the guys who have more jump in their game with ice time during the course of the game. I understand that about Giroux from time to time. But after coming off a career high of ice time playing him again for 20+ mins for 3 periods?.

Outside that goal he scored he really didn't look good. The kid was tired. How many teams on the NHL have two players who play less then 2 mins. None. Usually there is one with the enforcer. Get Shelley out of the lineup and roll 4 lines. This team is better when they roll all 4 lines.
When your up a goal or down, your gonna play your best players. We were winning, they were going to play an average Claude Giroux over 4th liner Zac Rinaldo.

Almost all the top offense players played close to or over 20 minutes because of OT.

Old
11-04-2011, 03:54 PM
CavemanLawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
when does Voracek get scratched for being a lazy bum for the most part this season.
Vor+lazy so far....does not compute. Vor+not getting the breaks and maybe trying to do TOO much. Now that computes.

CavemanLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 03:55 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
To get players into their games, the best players have to play. Rinaldo did deserve more shifts, based on his play in the 2nd period, but obviously Lavy doesn't think he can roll 4 lines with those two, and his and Shelley's ice time has decreased as every game has gone on, aside from blowouts. Because he doesn't think he can roll that line Giroux has to play 27 minutes in early November, which to me is ridiculous. No forward should be playing that much this early in the season.
He can't roll four lines because Shelley is a liability. I don't mind playing the best players. But sometimes you gotta reward the guy who is bringing it during the game. You have to hold guys accountable. Simmonds has sucked for the past 4 games. Turning the puck over and losing so many battles. He just looks so weak out there.

Old
11-04-2011, 03:56 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

If Lavy continues to underperform with his personnel decisions the press I'm sure will be trotting out the following....

"Flyers players unhappy with Laviolette.."

Can't wait to see the commentary on that one...

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 03:57 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
When your up a goal or down, your gonna play your best players. We were winning, they were going to play an average Claude Giroux over 4th liner Zac Rinaldo.

Almost all the top offense players played close to or over 20 minutes because of OT.
I never said scale back Claude Giroux minutes in favor of Zac Rinaldo lol. I'm just saying Lavy needs to get guys in the game who have jump in their game more ice time and scale back the guys who aren't doing ****. Voracek and Simmonds i'm looking at them.

Old
11-04-2011, 04:09 PM
PhillyFlying
F1eyrS

seravalli, i am disappoint.

PhillyFlying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 04:14 PM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Lavy's system needs players to go full speed none stop. He has to be able to motivate them to do that for the whole game and some players just don't take to his style of coaching. Carter and Richards didn't take to his coaching style or the system and they are gone because of it.

JVR though is still raw though and will need more time to be able to be a more consistent player. Lavy and Homer has to know that and will give him the time he needs. JVR has potential to be the best forward on the team with the right coaching up. Being a bigger power forward with playmaking skills is much harder to learn and grow into then other positions. Plus being a forward in Lavy's system you must learn how to play the D position because it seems like 1 D is always pinched up and they have to take his spot so its always a 3 on 2 versus a D and forward or if the forward isn't back the last D is let out to dry. Which has been happening a lot.

Currently our forward defensive play has to step it up or this team won't go anywhere. This isn't a defensive system but you must be in your position or it'll be that much easier for the other team to score.

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 04:16 PM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Quote:
He can't roll four lines because Shelley is a liability. I don't mind playing the best players. But sometimes you gotta reward the guy who is bringing it during the game. You have to hold guys accountable. Simmonds has sucked for the past 4 games. Turning the puck over and losing so many battles. He just looks so weak out there.
Simmonds is learning a new system and needs time. He is good at what he does. Him and Vorachek are solid role players for this team that will hopefully get better as the season progresses and we can make a playoff push

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 04:25 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan187 View Post
Simmonds is learning a new system and needs time. He is good at what he does. Him and Vorachek are solid role players for this team that will hopefully get better as the season progresses and we can make a playoff push
Some of his problems have nothing to do with the system. Its as if he forgot how to play.

Old
11-04-2011, 04:46 PM
CrossCheck

Seems also like Giroux has been lazy for 14 seconds on a shift in 2008...

Trade him!

CrossCheck is offline   Reply With Quote