HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Toronto at Columbus | 11.3.11 7PM EDT | "Movember"

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-04-2011, 06:12 AM
  #401
Doug19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: Aland Islands
Posts: 6,169
vCash: 500
How bout them BJs.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 07:11 AM
  #402
FiveHole23
Registered User
 
FiveHole23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 1,501
vCash: 500
If we loose on Saturday.. I'm not sure how you don't get rid of the Scotts.

FiveHole23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 08:51 AM
  #403
blahblah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 16,724
vCash: 500
Is Palinka still trying to tell us that sucking less still isn't sucking big time? Some of Howson's individual moves look ok, some good, some bad, some really bad. The collective work is pretty crappy at this point. Trying to claim the 4 best records in franchise history, or whatever it is, rings pretty hollow when we've only had one season at 90 points or above.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 10:31 AM
  #404
Nordique
I ain't even mad
 
Nordique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 7,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
39:18 and loss? IMO our g-man must go out and I hope this was the last Mason start in our jersey he is not g-man but..... . If the team has similar g-man it is enough certain, good jesus why dex must be injured.... howsie take another g-man whorever.
I second that. Mason is done imo. I'd rather start York every night at this point. The thing is, I still really like the look of this team on the ice. Call me crazy, but I like the moves too.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 10:34 AM
  #405
KeithBWhittington
Going North
 
KeithBWhittington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Brick by Brick
Country: Hungary
Posts: 10,250
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveHole23 View Post
If we loose on Saturday.. I'm not sure how you don't get rid of the Scotts.
I think Arniel is done for sure if the team loses on Saturday...... Howson could get this response if he goes to Priest and Mac Jr. on Sunday and says he is going to let Arniel go:

You're leaving us as well.

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 10:34 AM
  #406
Double-Shift Lassť
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassť's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Superurban Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 18,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
Mason is done imo. I'd rather start York every night at this point.
Me too. Maybe he'd bring some of that witchy magic.


__________________
"Every game, every point is a necessity." -- Ty Conklin, January 2007
"I'll have a chance to compete for the post of first issue. This is the most important thing." -- Sergei Bobrovsky, June 2012
Double-Shift Lassť is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 10:38 AM
  #407
TSA0402
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveHole23 View Post
If we loose on Saturday.. I'm not sure how you don't get rid of the Scotts.
I agree. Although I don't think it is entirely his fault, but with his job there is accountability. Selfishly I'd almost want this team to tank and get one of Yakupov or Murray, then this team will look lethal. However, I think this team on paper is too good for that.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 10:39 AM
  #408
KeithBWhittington
Going North
 
KeithBWhittington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Brick by Brick
Country: Hungary
Posts: 10,250
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Me too. Maybe he'd bring some of that witchy magic.

Dick York, Dick Sergeant, Sergeant York... Wow thats wierd.

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 10:41 AM
  #409
blahblah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 16,724
vCash: 500
It's pretty unfair to do to York, at this point. As I said a while ago, trade away 3+ million in salary, put Mason on waivers, and bring in a backup for Dex. Hell at this point I don't even care if it's Tuco, even though it's not an improvement. Might even be preferable as you know he's shelf life is over.

Remove any temptation of trying to run with Mason if he gets on a bit of a hot streak. See what you have in Dex and put that into your plans for this upcoming off season.

The reality is that you probably move Brass and demote Mason. That's a message to the locker room.

The reality is if Mason gets it together in the AHL you might lose him on re-entry waivers.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 10:44 AM
  #410
Robert
Foligno family
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,444
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
One good thing, I don't read the word patience around here much anymore.. It only took two years but the wheels on some trucks move slow..

If a few veteran players where playing to the level of their contracts along with average goal tending the Jackets would have a decent record right now.. A new goal tender of some nature should have been aquired two weeks ago..

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 11:09 AM
  #411
Nordique
I ain't even mad
 
Nordique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 7,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
It's pretty unfair to do to York, at this point. As I said a while ago, trade away 3+ million in salary, put Mason on waivers, and bring in a backup for Dex. Hell at this point I don't even care if it's Tuco, even though it's not an improvement. Might even be preferable as you know he's shelf life is over.

Remove any temptation of trying to run with Mason if he gets on a bit of a hot streak. See what you have in Dex and put that into your plans for this upcoming off season.

The reality is that you probably move Brass and demote Mason. That's a message to the locker room.

The reality is if Mason gets it together in the AHL you might lose him on re-entry waivers.
I'd go for that. Dekanich is relatively young and has shown alot of promise in Milwaukee the last three seasons.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 11:11 AM
  #412
BluejacketNut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,117
vCash: 500
If its not the defense sucking, its goaltending, if not goaltending, its the defense sucking, if its neither of those, its the offense not scoring. Cant win for losing

BluejacketNut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 11:13 AM
  #413
blahblah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 16,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
I'd go for that. Dekanich is relatively young and has shown alot of promise in Milwaukee the last three seasons.
The question is, after buying out Commie can Howson really send Mason down to the AHL and still retain his job?

The sad truth is that Howson and Ariel are probably desperate for a couple of wins to buy them time to get Dex back and pray for the best.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 11:19 AM
  #414
CapnCornelius
Registered User
 
CapnCornelius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Is Palinka still trying to tell us that sucking less still isn't sucking big time? Some of Howson's individual moves look ok, some good, some bad, some really bad. The collective work is pretty crappy at this point. Trying to claim the 4 best records in franchise history, or whatever it is, rings pretty hollow when we've only had one season at 90 points or above.
Listen, you just have to give Howson time. Because every prospect he's ever drafted is going to be great. Just ignore Filatov, Legein, Voracek, etc. And I'm sure his drafting would only get better if he were forced to pick outside of the lottery.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 12:59 PM
  #415
Palinka
Registered User
 
Palinka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
Listen, you just have to give Howson time. Because every prospect he's ever drafted is going to be great. Just ignore Filatov, Legein, Voracek, etc. And I'm sure his drafting would only get better if he were forced to pick outside of the lottery.
Voracek was one of two pieces used to acquire an All-Star center, and no one in the world anticipated Legein's abrupt "retirement". That wasn't exactly a Kiel McLeod situation there.

Palinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 01:00 PM
  #416
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan
 
mt-svk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
It's pretty unfair to do to York, at this point. As I said a while ago, trade away 3+ million in salary, put Mason on waivers, and bring in a backup for Dex. Hell at this point I don't even care if it's Tuco, even though it's not an improvement. Might even be preferable as you know he's shelf life is over.

Remove any temptation of trying to run with Mason if he gets on a bit of a hot streak. See what you have in Dex and put that into your plans for this upcoming off season.

The reality is that you probably move Brass and demote Mason. That's a message to the locker room.

The reality is if Mason gets it together in the AHL you might lose him on re-entry waivers.
Tell me the name of g-man who will not be expensive because if yes we will not have players and whom GM trade for our players, please not the trades according playstations or similar games.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 01:02 PM
  #417
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan
 
mt-svk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palinka View Post
Voracek was one of two pieces used to acquire an All-Star center, and no one in the world anticipated Legein's abrupt "retirement". That wasn't exactly a Kiel McLeod situation there.
And Filatov is 21 and he did not want a trade for his play in Falcons but something another.... . I could think about some players.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 01:39 PM
  #418
knucklepuck28
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 204
vCash: 500
That had to be the best team i ever saw lose 4-1 those second two periods were all jackets! Too bad we can't stop the puck or score more than 1 goal on 38 shots. Jackets are just destined to lose.

knucklepuck28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 01:46 PM
  #419
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan
 
mt-svk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,869
vCash: 500
Boys notice how our players play when our g-man is great there is another team.... better... all players are better about one level. Do you think that our achievments are Arny bad coaching? Not! Mason is the reason IMO.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 01:53 PM
  #420
TSA0402
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklepuck28 View Post
That had to be the best team i ever saw lose 4-1 those second two periods were all jackets! Too bad we can't stop the puck or score more than 1 goal on 38 shots. Jackets are just destined to lose.
There have been quite a few games where Columbus has outplayed the opposition. In fact, past 10 games, more often than not I would say they were the better team.

I've been saying that the defense has to be better for Mason, but that showing yesterday was outright terrible. Scrivens is the goalie who should have let in 4-5goals. Should have been a 4-1 Columbus win, but thats how it goes.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 02:29 PM
  #421
Double-Shift Lassť
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassť's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Superurban Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 18,201
vCash: 500
Moved a bunch of stuff to the Howson thread.

Double-Shift Lassť is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 03:07 PM
  #422
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...
 
ForzaZuffa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: Italy
Posts: 9,318
vCash: 500
Hey guys, Leaf fan in peace. I feel what you guys are going through, can't get any luck on the ice or off, terrible injuries to big players like Carter and others, missing your big money OFD due to a brutal suspension... tough start to the season that is more down to bad luck than lack of talent. The Jackets looked pretty solid last night and carried the play to us more often than not. The score, if not for Scrivens and maybe a bit of a lack of finishing, could have easily been reversed when you consider MacArthur's bad goals. The team seemed to play much different and better in front of York than Mason. Us Leaf fans see that constantly with Gustavsson in net, our team plays much worse with him in there than they do with Reimer.

Missing Huselius, Carter, and just getting Wiz back are tough to swallow, don't get too down, it's a long season and you guys definitely have a lot of talent on this team. Hang in there.

ForzaZuffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 04:51 PM
  #423
Pluckfur
Registered User
 
Pluckfur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 7,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaZuffa View Post
Hey guys, Leaf fan in peace. I feel what you guys are going through, can't get any luck on the ice or off, terrible injuries to big players like Carter and others, missing your big money OFD due to a brutal suspension... tough start to the season that is more down to bad luck than lack of talent. The Jackets looked pretty solid last night and carried the play to us more often than not. The score, if not for Scrivens and maybe a bit of a lack of finishing, could have easily been reversed when you consider MacArthur's bad goals. The team seemed to play much different and better in front of York than Mason. Us Leaf fans see that constantly with Gustavsson in net, our team plays much worse with him in there than they do with Reimer.

Missing Huselius, Carter, and just getting Wiz back are tough to swallow, don't get too down, it's a long season and you guys definitely have a lot of talent on this team. Hang in there.
What the heck are you talking about? You're shoveling a lot of horse poop around here that would NEVER fly in Toronto or any other respectable hockey market. Come ON. This team has been flying the "moral victory" banner after losing efforts for years - it's a meaningless, weak, tired old refrain. So Columbus managed to put 40 shots on a goalie making his NHL debut ... ooooh pop the damn champagne now! Thank the Hockey Gods that less than 24 hours earlier Toronto was putting the hurt on the NJ Devils - lord knows what kind of beatdown the Jackets could have delivered to the Leafs otherwise. :shiver:

Pluckfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 05:34 PM
  #424
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...
 
ForzaZuffa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: Italy
Posts: 9,318
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluckfur View Post
What the heck are you talking about? You're shoveling a lot of horse poop around here that would NEVER fly in Toronto or any other respectable hockey market. Come ON. This team has been flying the "moral victory" banner after losing efforts for years - it's a meaningless, weak, tired old refrain. So Columbus managed to put 40 shots on a goalie making his NHL debut ... ooooh pop the damn champagne now! Thank the Hockey Gods that less than 24 hours earlier Toronto was putting the hurt on the NJ Devils - lord knows what kind of beatdown the Jackets could have delivered to the Leafs otherwise. :shiver:
Toronto put no hurt on the Devils, they could have won that game too. Toronto may be in first place, but it is in no way indicative of their play. They're constantly outshot and simply have outscored their opponents. Last night was a poor defensive display from us that has been the standard play this season.

ForzaZuffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 05:42 PM
  #425
Lil Shake
Registered User
 
Lil Shake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Yakutat, AK
Posts: 38
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluckfur View Post
What the heck are you talking about? You're shoveling a lot of horse poop around here that would NEVER fly in Toronto or any other respectable hockey market. Come ON. This team has been flying the "moral victory" banner after losing efforts for years - it's a meaningless, weak, tired old refrain. So Columbus managed to put 40 shots on a goalie making his NHL debut ... ooooh pop the damn champagne now! Thank the Hockey Gods that less than 24 hours earlier Toronto was putting the hurt on the NJ Devils - lord knows what kind of beatdown the Jackets could have delivered to the Leafs otherwise. :shiver:
Is it just me or is this response a bit inappropriate? Crucify this guy for leaving a kind word why don't ya?

Lil Shake is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:25 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.