HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs acquire Nokelainen and Stafford from Phoenix for Trotter and 7th

Old
11-01-2011, 09:17 AM
bsl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleminor138 View Post
I really liked Nokeleinen as a Bruin but they moved him out West. Glad he's workign out for you guys. He was a tenacious forechecker for the Bs and looks like he hasn't lost that edge.
Thanks for being a good sport. I'm kind of excited about this kid. He might just stick around for a couple of years at this rate, and he' s a big guy.

Seems damn good at FO too, and he'll likely only get better at it as he learns about centers in the east form Pleks and yes, even Gomer. (At least Gomer can be useful for that sort of thing, I hope.)

My question? Why the hell did Phoenix give up on him if he looks this promising? Anyone who knows the Yotes know why this would be? This seems a bit too good to be true right now. What's the catch?

Cheers.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 09:19 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Thanks for being a good sport. I'm kind of excited about this kid. He might just stick around for a couple of years at this rate, and he' s a big guy.

Seems damn good at FO too, and he'll likely only get better at it as he learns about centers in the east form Pleks and yes, even Gomer. (At least Gomer can be useful for that sort of thing, I hope.)

My question? Why the hell did Phoenix give up on him if he looks this promising? Anyone who knows the Yotes know why this would be? This seems a bit too good to be true right now. What's the catch?

Cheers.
They get Brock Trotter?

Gotta admit this one seems weird to me too. Maybe they have a better option at that position I'm not sure.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 09:24 AM
zzoo

Quote:

Cheers.
It seems that Phoenix is not the only team that gave up on him; there are few other teams too.

zzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 09:25 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Gotta admit, he's been solid, and it hurts to give PG any credit.
Well that alone should tell you to give your head a shake, because you obviously have some sort of bias going on...

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 10:08 AM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Well that alone should tell you to give your head a shake, because you obviously have some sort of bias going on...
Uh yeah, I don't like PG and I've never hid that. So I just gave the man props, and it doesn't feel right.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 11:44 AM
Bacchus1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
They get Brock Trotter?

Gotta admit this one seems weird to me too. Maybe they have a better option at that position I'm not sure.
Ever live in either Phoenix or Boston ... for a European, it is a version of hell, which only Montreal, as a North American-European city, can assuage the horrible memories of years of inurement!

Bacchus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 11:59 AM
1UP

Nok might also be going through a phase of "OMG KOIVU'S TEAM WTF OMG".

I guess we'll have to see how far he goes. If he can be this year's Kostopoulos/Metropolit/Pyatt, I'm all for it. You need that kind of guy, and he's certainly much better at it than Engqvist.

1UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 11:35 PM
Guilliam

With everybody healthy, our 4th line would (will ) be Moen-Nokie-White and it will or would be damn fine.

Guilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 11:51 PM
capebretoncanadien

He looks damn good so far. Keep it up Nokes!!

capebretoncanadien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 10:25 AM
Marchy79

Quote:

Cheers.
Phoenix got Trotter who has top 6 potential, we got Nokelainen, who is a 4th liner, and MAY potentially max out as a third liner.

We got something more sure. They got the guy, who if he is successful, he is going to be more than likely top 6, but is riskier. Stafford added for defensive AHL depth.

Marchy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 11:23 AM
fredez

This is the same Stafford that got swung by Perezhogin :

fredez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 11:27 AM
le_sean

Let's hope if he keeps up the play he gets an extension. No more trying to fill holes after the season begins. A good 4th line centre with faceoff skills and a contract under $1 million a year is fairly difficult to find.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 08:41 PM
The Boyle Sisters
six dollar papers

I'm glad he's been good for you guys. I am also glad that you guys are getting wins as of late. I have a tremendous amount of respect for Habs fans, you guys deserve nothing but the best. And for an added bonus, I always get that warm, wuzzy feeling insde whenever a Finn outperforms a Swede, hehe.

The Boyle Sisters is offline   Reply With Quote