HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Win 4th In a Row!

Old
11-04-2011, 09:25 PM
sheed36

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4life74 View Post
OMG thank you! thought i was the only one. I have not once heard Eller being compared to Jordan Staal lol, he pulled that right out of his ass.
Who said that? Potvin? As great a dman that Potvin was he's equally as bad as a color commentator..

And for the record.. Dean Brown ****ing sucks too if he's still doing RSE Sens games..

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 09:25 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac1160 View Post
must be a fluke then that every single team Martin has coached has sat back then. Media is always right I forgot
Is Kirk Muller part of the media now? The guy should know, he was behind the bench for all of Martin's tenure minus the 12 games this season.

And I'd like to see evidence that "every team Martin has coached has sat back". His last two seasons in Ottawa those teams had the highest goal differentials in the league, with top offenses. Didn't seem like teams that sat back.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 09:26 PM
KareyPrice

I wasnt able to watch the game but I saw Eller got an assist how did he play tonight????

KareyPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 09:26 PM
JHabs61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
Apparently swang is a dance.

He swung, while holding the top bar.
I wanna see it ....Hope they show it on a highlight reel or something.

JHabs61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 09:28 PM
TheBourkeIdentity

Quote:
Originally Posted by KareyPrice View Post
I wasnt able to watch the game but I saw Eller got an assist how did he play tonight????
Solid for the most part, and the assist was a thing of beauty, my grandmother could have scored off that and she's dead.

TheBourkeIdentity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 09:29 PM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Who said that? Potvin? As great a dman that Potvin was he's equally as bad as a color commentator..

And for the record.. Dean Brown ****ing sucks too if he's still doing RSE Sens games..
It was Potvin, and to be fair, there were some articles this week comparing Eller to J. Staal, but had he bothered to read them he would have known it was a "can he become this kind of guy" kind of article, not a "MY GOD HE'S EXACTLY AS GOOD AS STAAL" one.

But anyway, home announcers are supposed to be homers, so it's hard to get too annoyed. And even Denis Potvin admitted that the call on Gorges at the end had more to do with coaches whining than any actual infraction.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 09:30 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McNeal View Post
Is Kirk Muller part of the media now? The guy should know, he was behind the bench for all of Martin's tenure minus the 12 games this season.

And I'd like to see evidence that "every team Martin has coached has sat back". His last two seasons in Ottawa those teams had the highest goal differentials in the league, with top offenses. Didn't seem like teams that sat back.
ah yes they sat back Bill. I can't prove it that was years ago!. I'm not some hockey version of a paralegal. Get over it we have different opinions. We take it in the rear end every game in the 3rd when we're winning by 1 or 2 goals. Im done with this discussion, I'm not going to let someone who is looking for an argument ruin my night.

When someone from the media quotes a former coach thats just here say...who cares?

Jmac1160* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 09:31 PM
HTTP 400 Bad Request

vCash: 13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4life74 View Post
OMG thank you! thought i was the only one. I have not once heard Eller being compared to Jordan Staal lol, he pulled that right out of his ass.
Sadly... RDS did it...

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/329320.html

Edit : Title : Can Lars Eller become a Jordan Stall?

Last edited by HTTP 400 Bad Request: 11-04-2011 at 09:37 PM.
HTTP 400 Bad Request is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 09:32 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
How about Yannick Weber on the ice for the final minute 6 on 4?

I think we can officially declare him graduated to full time NHL defenceman.

Now if only Martin can be convinced to give people like Eller, Kostitsyn and, hell, even Moen (all had 0 minutes) more PP ice time than Darche... Life will be golden.
Weber as really improved this year and as earned his place on the Habs with some solid play.. It's gonna be interesting when/if Markov and Campoli return and who sits.

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
PricePkPatch

Quote:
ah yes they sat back Bill. I can't prove it that was years ago!. I'm not some hockey version of a paralegal. Get over it we have different opinions. We take it in the rear end every game in the 3rd when we're winning by 1 or 2 goals. Im done with this discussion, I'm not going to let someone who is looking for an argument ruin my night.
Never let the facts get in the way of schadenfreude, eh?

You just like to take shots at JM. Regardless if he deserves it or not. Admit it, and it'll simply stop.

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Gary320

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 09:35 PM
HTTP 400 Bad Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post

Nice picture.
"As usual... Habs diving everywhere..." (frustrated Bruins fan)

Old
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
How about Yannick Weber on the ice for the final minute 6 on 4?

I think we can officially declare him graduated to full time NHL defenceman.

Now if only Martin can be convinced to give people like Eller, Kostitsyn and, hell, even Moen (all had 0 minutes) more PP ice time than Darche... Life will be golden.
Weber is doing fine, but that D core is still looking way too soft, Weber included.. Too easy to play against him deep in the def zone, 0 physical presence..

As for no A.Kost and no Eller on the PP, Martin obviously wants a fresh line to send on the ice when the penality is over..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Never let the facts get in the way of schadenfreude, eh?

You just like to take shots at JM. Regardless if he deserves it or not. Admit it, and it'll simply stop.
I do like to take shots at JM. Because he is makes our team sit back in 1 goal games and never stands up for his team when theres a bad call or anything. He has no character

Jmac1160* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 09:36 PM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Weber as really improved this year and as earned his place on the Habs with some solid play.. It's gonna be interesting when/if Markov and Campoli return and who sits.
It will, but if he maintains his level of play from this year, I cannot imagine it's him.

Diaz is a given. No fault of his own, he's filling in and better than could possibly be expected, but I think he'll be the first guy out of the line-up.

When both return, if the D is fully healthy, I do think Weber stays still, but that's getting tough since if he stays, it's a veteran that goes. Campoli, Gill or Spacek would be a bit of a blow.

Weber has shown that he has the talent to play full time minutes back there and is consistently improving with every game. It would be irresponsible to sit him for any length of time or move him to forward.

My bet? Spacek sits, Diaz goes to the AHL. Emelin might too (or Russia).

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Weber is doing fine, but that D core is still looking way too soft, Weber included.. Too easy to play against him deep in the def zone, 0 physical presence..

As for no A.Kost and no Eller on the PP, Martin obviously wants a fresh line to send on the ice when the penality is over..
You cannot judge players against something they're not. Weber isn't ever going to be a physical force. And not every D needs to be. He is very effective. Reminds me of Streit and Markov just as they were adjusting to the NHL. They went from "soft and one dimensional" to solid all around players and they did it through their quick sticks, good positioning and ability to make plays fast so as to avoid the physical play. My worry with Weber was always positioning, not physicality. He cannot grow, but he can learn to play a game suited to his frame. He seems to be very rapidly figuring that out this season. His evolution back there is truly a marvel and clearly Martin has noticed. He was the second most used defender and on the ice for the final minute. That means something, especially on a Martin team.

Now the flaw right now is that as a unit, they all play like that. That is correct, but what can you do? Neither injured body is going to up the physicality. Markov is just like Weber and others, so is Campoli. Emelin is the only viable person in the organization who can inject that element, and frankly, he has earned his spot in the press box. Bluntly, if he cannot crack a defense that has two key injuries and three very young guys in it, he is probably not the long term solution. I would like to see him get more of a chance, but every single guy a head of him has shown more. The general softness of the D is just something we'll have to live with until next year when Spacek, Gill, Campoli and Emelin are likely all gone. Then the team can hopefully bring in someone with a bit more grit to compliment the core of Markov, Subban, Weber and Gorges.

Last edited by Lucius: 11-04-2011 at 09:43 PM.
Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 09:38 PM
guest1467

Quote:
I dont know if we will get one. I hope so. But basically he grabbed the top bar and swang (is that a word?)
Swung.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 09:39 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post
Great third for the Sens - outplayed us by a wide margin. But you need to win ugly sometimes, and what a great game by Price!!
Price is the man.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 09:39 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
I do like to take shots at JM. Because he is makes our team sit back in 1 goal games and never stands up for his team when theres a bad call or anything. He has no character
You don't know if he genuinely makes our team sit back in 1 goal games.

What does it change if he throws a fit when there's a bad call? You still get the bad call. It doesn't change a things.

So you dislike him on a personal level, based on his "character", or at least how you perceive it. It has no ground on reality.

I'm glad we cleared that.

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 09:40 PM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

random thought, when nokes scores they should play nookie from limp bizkit even if it's no longer 1999.

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 09:41 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
I'm not looking for an argument. I'm looking for evidence you apparently don't have.

I watched Martin's teams in Ottawa. They didn't sit back. Or no more than any other team. That's why they had such great goal differentials while maintaining high offensive numbers. What you view as a strategy deployed by Martin to sit on a lead is actually a natural reaction by most NHL players to let their foot up off the gas once they have a lead. Muller said as much. The same thing happened with Gainey, with Carbo, with Julien, with Therrien... Depending on how talented your team is, you'll see this happen more or less often.

But like any issue with regards to any hockey team, it gets blown up by its fans. Every fan thinks their guys sit on the lead, or their team gets screwed by the refs, or they have an inordinate amount of injuries... Even if the numbers don't back that up.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 09:41 PM
Ollie Williams

vCash: 167
Quote:
#Idonthavefactstobackthisup, but AK has scored 92% of all the goals in Habs history.

Ollie Williams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 09:45 PM
HTTP 400 Bad Request

Quote:
With all respect, I think there's some dynamics you might not understand in hockey.

If you think Martin told his team after the Sens goal "OK guys, time to sit back", you're wrong. If you play or played hockey, you know how this concept of momentum actually works. It's hard to understand, and even harder to work against it.

Also, showing emotions (or character) behind the bench isn't always good. Players need to feel the coach is in control, otherwise, they lose it themselves and it never gives good results.

Still, I'm not a Jacques Martin fan at all. I don't think he's the kind of coach this team needs. But not for the reasons you bring here.

Last edited by HTTP 400 Bad Request: 11-04-2011 at 09:52 PM.
Old
11-04-2011, 09:49 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Clearly, we're the only team that sometimes sit back on a lead. This never happens to other teams.

Clearly, it has never happened with the habs with another coach than JM.

Yes, yes, this is clearly a JM flaw. Not something that happens to every friggin team sport in existence. It's all the coach fault.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 09:55 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRide View Post
4 in a row, nuff said! the gif is back!

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 09:55 PM
Patccmoi

Quote:
... wtf is that?! Lol.

Skinner celebrating a goal in the 5-1 loss?

Patccmoi is offline   Reply With Quote