HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

It's time to over spend...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-03-2011, 10:46 PM
  #1
PALMETTO BREEZE
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Country: Greece
Posts: 89
vCash: 500
It's time to over spend...

The arena is old, the teams future is uncertain, we've heard this all before and maybe their is some validity as to why ufas won't sign here even if we are the highest bidder but let's not over spend by a couple of dollars. Let's throw so much cash at Gary Suter that he can't possibly say no. So we'll be ridiculed by the league, so effen what. We can't go on with waiver wire pick ups and have beens. This is not Erhoff were talking about, this is a legit number 2 defensemen were talking about. With Rolston, Eaton and possible Nabakovs salaries coming off the books it finally effen time....

PALMETTO BREEZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 10:52 PM
  #2
majormet
Registered User
 
majormet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dix Hills, NY
Posts: 3,852
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALMETTO BREEZE View Post
The arena is old, the teams future is uncertain, we've heard this all before and maybe their is some validity as to why ufas won't sign here even if we are the highest bidder but let's not over spend by a couple of dollars. Let's throw so much cash at Gary Suter that he can't possibly say no. So we'll be ridiculed by the league, so effen what. We can't go on with waiver wire pick ups and have beens. This is not Erhoff were talking about, this is a legit number 2 defensemen were talking about. With Rolston, Eaton and possible Nabakovs salaries coming off the books it finally effen time....
I don't know if Gary Suter can play hockey anymore, I think he is pushing 50. LOL

We can throw money at stars all we want they won't come here to play. It is like going to Atlantic City and staying at the econolodge instead of the Borgata.

majormet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 11:18 PM
  #3
Isles Junkie
Registered User
 
Isles Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,168
vCash: 500
It's absolutely time for a trade to bring in some real NHL talent. This is ridiculous already. We have this incredibly deep prospect system, it's time to dip into that pool a bit. I'm not saying they have to deal Nino & Strome mind you. But they can certainly afford to trade away some of these guys to get some top end talent.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 11:20 PM
  #4
Strummergas
Registered User
 
Strummergas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post
It's absolutely time for a trade to bring in some real NHL talent. This is ridiculous already. We have this incredibly deep prospect system, it's time to dip into that pool a bit. I'm not saying they have to deal Nino & Strome mind you. But they can certainly afford to trade away some of these guys to get some top end talent.
At this point it might be time to trade certain players for some used equipment.

Strummergas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 11:20 PM
  #5
startainfection
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 7,027
vCash: 500
u mean ryan suter?

startainfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 09:28 AM
  #6
CaptDenisPotvin
Registered User
 
CaptDenisPotvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 1,598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by startainfection View Post
u mean ryan suter?
Probably got a better chance at Gary Suter....But I think he was talking about Ryan Suter

CaptDenisPotvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 09:32 AM
  #7
Hip Of Rick
Registered User
 
Hip Of Rick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 6,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptDenisPotvin View Post
Probably got a better chance at Gary Suter....But I think he was talking about Ryan Suter
Actually Gary Suter is the type of vet Snow loves to bring in every off season. A guy 5 or 6 years past his prime (Suter retired 5 or 6 years ago so its even more perfect) who floats around or will be hurt. Gary Suter should be prepared for an offer next off-season, Snow will than claim he brought in a top 4 dman, problem solved.

Hip Of Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 10:21 AM
  #8
Halakness Monster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dirty O
Country: United States
Posts: 1,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip Of Rick View Post
Actually Gary Suter is the type of vet Snow loves to bring in every off season. A guy 5 or 6 years past his prime (Suter retired 5 or 6 years ago so its even more perfect) who floats around or will be hurt. Gary Suter should be prepared for an offer next off-season, Snow will than claim he brought in a top 4 dman, problem solved.
I would laugh if this statement was further from the truth. Sadly the truth is making me upset and want to injure snow

Halakness Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 10:44 AM
  #9
BMOK33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post
It's absolutely time for a trade to bring in some real NHL talent. This is ridiculous already. We have this incredibly deep prospect system, it's time to dip into that pool a bit. I'm not saying they have to deal Nino & Strome mind you. But they can certainly afford to trade away some of these guys to get some top end talent.
It had better be for a guy who is light years away from being a FA because we obviously know he ain't staying at that point. And again, you risk you're gonna wind up with a pretty disgruntled player, if you ship some prospects say to a San Jose, Vancouver, Montreal, Chicago for a relatively big named guy and he finds himself going from a hockey loving city to a place where the arena blows and everyone is PO'd at ownership and the team stinks you have to think his performance may be a bit shoddy.

BMOK33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 12:27 PM
  #10
Doshell Propivo
Registered User
 
Doshell Propivo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post
It's absolutely time for a trade to bring in some real NHL talent. This is ridiculous already. We have this incredibly deep prospect system, it's time to dip into that pool a bit. I'm not saying they have to deal Nino & Strome mind you. But they can certainly afford to trade away some of these guys to get some top end talent.
You're not going to get top end talent without giving up top end prospects.

Doshell Propivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 12:39 PM
  #11
1 Timer
Registered User
 
1 Timer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Howell, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 861
vCash: 500
No. The reason why teams like Tampa, Boston, Toronto, and Edmonton have rebounded is they had a base of players with talent. They suck for three years keep the talent they already had and fuse it with young players. We have Molson and PAP..... I still think we are rebuilding. Nino, Strom, Mayfield, Lee are gonna be players in this league and will replace our spare parts.

1 Timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 11:34 PM
  #12
A Pointed Stick
There Is Always...
 
A Pointed Stick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 8,195
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 Timer View Post
No. The reason why teams like Tampa, Boston, Toronto, and Edmonton have rebounded is they had a base of players with talent. They suck for three years keep the talent they already had and fuse it with young players. We have Molson and PAP..... I still think we are rebuilding. Nino, Strom, Mayfield, Lee are gonna be players in this league and will replace our spare parts.
Out of everyone's your post is the closest one to reality I have seen. The only thing I would disagree with is the time table. I think they could do better, but the owner won't open the purse wide enough for the right guys to step in to provide good solid veteran depth and leadership.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:15 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.