HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Saulnier twins & Zach O'Brien

Old
11-05-2011, 12:17 AM
Mathletic

vCash: 500
Saulnier twins & Zach O'Brien

They're 3 players I've been keeping an eye on for the last couple of years. I'm sure the main knock is their size, all 3 are fairly small. However, all 3 are very talented offensively. They've been kicking on all cylinders since the beginning of the season on their respective teams. Anyone sees NHL future a la David Desharnais for those guys?

Mathletic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 12:32 AM
Breakfast of Champs

I would take o'brein anyday over the saulniers. Obrien's offensive instinct is nhl caliber, no questions asked. The saulniers are good together but I'm not so sure they are even pro caliber apart. I doubt any of them will play at the nhl level but if o'brien dedicates himself to hockey and gets lucky he could play in the nhl, his hockey sense is that good. Its just his physicality and speed that need major improvements.

Breakfast of Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 12:40 AM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnman10 View Post
I would take o'brein anyday over the saulniers. Obrien's offensive instinct is nhl caliber, no questions asked. The saulniers are good together but I'm not so sure they are even pro caliber apart. I doubt any of them will play at the nhl level but if o'brien dedicates himself to hockey and gets lucky he could play in the nhl, his hockey sense is that good. Its just his physicality and speed that need major improvements.
yeah, 0 career PIM is Lady Bing bound

Are you aware if O'Brien was invited to an NHL camp this fall?

Mathletic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 06:54 AM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

O'Brien was invited to a camp in the 2010 off-season (San Jose?) but not this year.

One of the things with the Saulniers is not just that they're not big enough, their skating also isn't to a degree to make up for their lack of size.

Kevin Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 07:02 AM
lacrosseguy

5 on 5 their defensive play because of their lack of quickness and physical strength is of great concern. They get eaten up by other good offensive players with size. Check their plus/minus.
On the PP, they are terrific.
O'Brien may be able to play next level, but as a winger as he too is undersized to control forwards below the hash mark. No denying his offensive abilities however.

lacrosseguy is offline   Reply With Quote