HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canes Board Lounge Thread Part IV: Slap, Puck, Goal, Out of Control

Closed Thread

Old
11-05-2011, 09:01 AM
Sad King Jimmy
Look up, Hannah

vCash: 50
Broke my freaking collarbone biking to work yesterday. The next month is gonna suck

Old
11-05-2011, 09:10 AM
Gotta Catch Em Staal
All Aboard

vCash: 500
Damn that sucks. Just had a fall or did you get hit?

11-05-2011, 09:22 AM
Sad King Jimmy
Look up, Hannah

Did the hitting actually. A lady had pulled up at a stop sign just ahead of me, and I couldn't stop in time, so I cut left and took the entire impact on my right shoulder. Put a nice dent in her car, and got myself "a pretty messed up collarbone" according to the Physician's Assistant

Old
11-05-2011, 11:59 AM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Sometime I wish the real Carolina Hurricanes looked anything like my NHL game-version of them. Traded Staal and a 2nd for Getzlaf. Traded Kaberle and Sanguenetti for Giroux. Offersheet-ed Marc Staal and signed Kovalchuk. Traded McBain and Boychuk for Sharp.

Old
11-05-2011, 01:25 PM
Chicago Made Punk
You're Gonna Go Far

vCash: 446
Dislocated my hip and sprained my ankle today. This board has more injuries than the Canes

Old
11-05-2011, 01:32 PM
Anton Dubinchuk
Danny Markov

vCash: 3205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton the Great View Post
Dislocated my hip and sprained my ankle today. This board has more injuries than the Canes
Damn... Get better soon!!!

Old
11-05-2011, 01:40 PM
Chicago Made Punk
You're Gonna Go Far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Dubinchuk View Post
Damn... Get better soon!!!
Thanks man.

Old
11-05-2011, 03:03 PM
Chicago Made Punk
You're Gonna Go Far

Dat shutout.

Old
11-05-2011, 03:08 PM
HisIceness
Michal Jordan

Nice win for the Wolfpack.

So tonight we set our clocks back an hour, extra hour of sleep whoo!!

Old
11-05-2011, 05:02 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Old
11-05-2011, 08:58 PM
Sad King Jimmy
Look up, Hannah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton the Great View Post
Injury buddies!

Good luck to you man, hope they got you on some nice pain meds, too.

Old
11-05-2011, 09:07 PM
Chicago Made Punk
You're Gonna Go Far

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonfortheHart View Post
Injury buddies!

Good luck to you man, hope they got you on some nice pain meds, too.
Good luck to you also, and oh they do.

Old
11-07-2011, 05:30 PM
rusty28539

Quote:
Originally Posted by What the Faulk View Post
My rival in football? Furman, Georgia Southern, Wofford in recent years. Western Carolina is supposedly the big rivalry game, but they haven't been relevant for a long time. When James Madison has come into town they've been quite douchey with their bow ties and sport coats. Honestly, who wears that to a game? Playing Richmond in the playoffs 3 times in the last 4 years has led that to become a decent rivalry as well. Everyone wants to take down the champ, so ASU has a lot of teams I could consider rivals. Though, Citadel, Chattanooga and Samford usually aren't huge games. They're getting another shot at Michigan in 2014, so maybe that could become a rivalry on the level of UNC/NC State?

I'll concede that it may be different in football, and I posted mostly just to stir up trouble with the NC State fans, but most if not all other sports aren't close.

Countdown until HA calls me an idiot? 3, 2...
App football is alot of fun.. especially in the student section lol

Old
11-09-2011, 12:07 PM
Carolinas Identity
This is ARRGH State!

I feel terrible for Joe Paterno. I know the scandal is terrible and everything and not trying to belittle it, but he was cleared of any wrong doing and at 85 probably would have called it a career pretty quick anyway.

Just leaves a bad taste in my mouth, much the same way it did a few years back when FSU did the same thing to Bobby Bowden.

Old
11-09-2011, 01:17 PM
Anton Dubinchuk
Danny Markov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi Trollinen View Post
I feel terrible for Joe Paterno. I know the scandal is terrible and everything and not trying to belittle it, but he was cleared of any wrong doing and at 85 probably would have called it a career pretty quick anyway.

Just leaves a bad taste in my mouth, much the same way it did a few years back when FSU did the same thing to Bobby Bowden.
I'm with you on this one... I think that he needs to be removed immediately, but it's still the kind of thing where you have to feel bad for the guy. He's clearly remorseful, and realizes that he made a huge mistake, and it sucks that that's what's likely going to define him going forward.

Old
11-10-2011, 07:04 AM
jstaal
go canes go

joe pa

Quote:

Joe should have went to the police when told in 2002, right away! he doesnt get a free pass, and sandusky was seen around campus a week ago.????. This is the worst sports story ever i have heard and read about.. How much does joe really know, doubt the public finds out.. my prayers to those poor kids and families

Old
11-10-2011, 07:09 AM
jstaal
go canes go

ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Anton View Post
He was a dick to WORK for, but a very good human being. One of my heros.
so he didnt treat people nice, if he was a dick to work for, but he was a good human being.. doesnt make any sense to me...

Old
11-10-2011, 09:16 AM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinz View Post
so he didnt treat people nice, if he was a dick to work for, but he was a good human being.. doesnt make any sense to me...
I'm shocked YOU don't understand. No, really. SHOCKED

Old
11-10-2011, 09:28 AM
Sens1Canes2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Anton View Post
I'm shocked YOU don't understand. No, really. SHOCKED
How about the denial of the paternity of his daughter for, what, 20 years? Good human beings do that, right?

Smart guy, yes. Good guy? No.

Old
11-10-2011, 09:48 AM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
RIP Kev

vCash: 2498

Old
11-10-2011, 05:09 PM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

Is stuff like 7uongo really against the rules now? Does everyone here have that much of a thin skin or what? I feel like the setting for that "Cyberbully" movie could have taken place here. This is a sports website full of many different fans from many different teams. If you take it so seriously where 7uongo upsets you, it's time to get off the internet.

Old
11-10-2011, 05:28 PM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

Quote:
Originally Posted by What the Faulk View Post
Is stuff like 7uongo really against the rules now? Does everyone here have that much of a thin skin or what? I feel like the setting for that "Cyberbully" movie could have taken place here. This is a sports website full of many different fans from many different teams. If you take it so seriously where 7uongo upsets you, it's time to get off the internet.
Well, being reminded that you are paying Ro8erto 10 million a year until he is 36 and then more money for 5 more years can be a bit traumatizing.

Old
11-11-2011, 03:30 AM
Carolinas Identity
This is ARRGH State!

Any shred of respect I had for the PSU administration was ripped clean out of me this morning when I found out that Joe Paterno was fired.... over the phone. While I admit he probably should've been removed, despite his admission of guilt, I lost my s***. For **** sake, dude lives a 5 minute walk from the university. Grow a pair and fire him to his face. Dude's been your head coach since 1966, and on your coaching staff since 1949. He may be at fault, but he's at least earned the right to be let go face to face, and not get fired over the phone. Oh, and btw, while you're talking to him about "the university going in a new direction" don't forget to point out that the WR coach (aka the guy who told him in the first place about the abuse but didn't do s***), is still on the staff.

Old
11-11-2011, 08:07 AM
Sens1Canes2

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Dubinchuk View Post
I'm with you on this one... I think that he needs to be removed immediately, but it's still the kind of thing where you have to feel bad for the guy. He's clearly remorseful, and realizes that he made a huge mistake, and it sucks that that's what's likely going to define him going forward.
Quote:
Any shred of respect I had for the PSU administration was ripped clean out of me this morning when I found out that Joe Paterno was fired.... over the phone. While I admit he probably should've been removed, despite his admission of guilt, I lost my s***. For **** sake, dude lives a 5 minute walk from the university. Grow a pair and fire him to his face. Dude's been your head coach since 1966, and on your coaching staff since 1949. He may be at fault, but he's at least earned the right to be let go face to face, and not get fired over the phone. Oh, and btw, while you're talking to him about "the university going in a new direction" don't forget to point out that the WR coach (aka the guy who told him in the first place about the abuse but didn't do s***), is still on the staff.
At first, I wanted to let all of the facts to come out in this case. Now, apparently, they have and Paterno looks like a Catholic bishop who ignores or tucks away knowledge of one of his priests molesting kids.

I have no idea how one can feel "sorry" for Paterno or feel like he has been disrespected on any level. Any idea of morality, dignity, or respect got lost a long time ago when he decided not to follow up on any of the claims that his friend and asst. coach was systematically abusing kids. Kids. Say it again if it helps.

Paterno, while possibly remorseful, is about the 167th person in line who may be felt sorry for. What he did/didnt do was heinous and completely lacked any understanding of law or morality. Either he is just that thick, or didn't care enough to do anything.

Old
11-13-2011, 03:38 PM
Anton Dubinchuk
Danny Markov

Denver Broncos: 63 snaps
Tim Tebow: 2 completions

But damn if I don't love the guy... He got the W too, which I guess is all that matters. Plus 2 TDs

Closed Thread