HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Choui + Lappy

Closed Thread

Old
10-29-2003, 05:52 AM
Teezax

vCash: 500
Choui + Lappy

I'm very happy with the play of these two guys. They've shown consistency in their effort and really grind and give 150% every shift. When Somik and Brash come back, they'll likely take Fedoruk's and Chouinard's spot, but I'd like to see Choui stick in the top 12. I could care less about the Fridge, he really hasn't shown any offensive upside.
Eric deserves to play because he has shown that he can be a good player on any team, but the question remains, who would you sit in his place?

Old
10-29-2003, 07:15 AM
VaFlyer

No I think the real question is whether Brashear or Somik will be back before Leclair gets hurt again...? I think Fedoruk has a role in Philly, its just in the press box until someone gets hurt. I also think Somik and Chouinard will fight over that time, just like Therien and Vandermeer will as the year goes on. Trust me, Therien will have a bad game this week and Vandy will be back in there to try to win the spot back.

Old
10-29-2003, 12:11 PM
paxtang

I didn't realize 4th liners were supposed to have a lot of offensive upside. By the way, Fridge looked pretty good against the Habs (but of course everyone did) and i actually thought him and Chouinard had some chemistry together. It seem Eric tried to play more physically with Todd on his line, which is something he needs to learn to do.

Old
10-30-2003, 03:06 AM
MojoJojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxtang
I didn't realize 4th liners were supposed to have a lot of offensive upside. By the way, Fridge looked pretty good against the Habs (but of course everyone did) and i actually thought him and Chouinard had some chemistry together. It seem Eric tried to play more physically with Todd on his line, which is something he needs to learn to do.
If you can ice a fourth line with offensive upside, why not? They are not being relied upon to shut down opposing lines, so they don't have to be a spare third line. Brashear and Somik are simply better than Fridge and Chouinard. If both are back in the lineup, Gagne returns to the top line, Brash plays with Primeau and Kapanen, and then we have a fourth line of Recchi-Lapointe-Somik, which has got to be the best 4th line in hockey.

Old
10-30-2003, 05:35 AM
Blindside9711

Send a message via MSN to Blindside9711
Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo
If both are back in the lineup, Gagne returns to the top line...
Do you really want Gags back on the top line? He's just now finding his game with other linemates and JR-Amonte-Recchi (I think Rex is the other winger) are putting up good numbers together. 10 goals in 2 games and you want to shuffle lines? I say, go with what works man. I questioned Hitch when he first broke up the Gags-Zeus-Willie line that was on fire in the pre-season, and if he breaks up hot lines again, I think I might explode.

Old
10-30-2003, 06:21 AM
Teezax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside9711
Do you really want Gags back on the top line? He's just now finding his game with other linemates and JR-Amonte-Recchi (I think Rex is the other winger) are putting up good numbers together. 10 goals in 2 games and you want to shuffle lines? I say, go with what works man. I questioned Hitch when he first broke up the Gags-Zeus-Willie line that was on fire in the pre-season, and if he breaks up hot lines again, I think I might explode.
I agree, with the new lines we've scored 14 goals in the last 3 games, what's to question? Gags is better off on 2nd or 3rd.

Old
10-30-2003, 06:35 AM
Stonehands77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
I agree, with the new lines we've scored 14 goals in the last 3 games, what's to question? Gags is better off on 2nd or 3rd.
I agree. He's meshing very well with his linemates, and generating some good chances. And the top line is simply flying right now, and producing lots of opportunties and goals. Leave those lines alone...although trying to work out the 3rd and 4th lines will be tough. Chouinard is playing fairly well, I think (good point about him playing more physical now...I've noticed that the last couple of games myself), and I really don't think he should be benched. We'll have to see how Hitch handles this.

Closed Thread