HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

****************** Refs! Rangers win 5-3.

Old
11-05-2011, 09:15 PM
SB164

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
There are no good losses. But there are great efforts in losses....and that was one of them.
Yeah, I guess my wording was a bit awkward.

And I assume you're a firm believer of the sentiment that "winning isn't everything, it's the only thing?"

SB164 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 09:15 PM
Dr_Hook

very entertaining game ! good on our guys for not quitting !

Really thought it was Budaj's turn tonight ; oh well...

Eller was less stellar tonight ; tough game for him to get into, with all those penalties... Still my new fav habs though

Cole is playing some really aggressive power hockey which is fun (and reassuring) to see

PK is really not doing so good right now (duh...) ;

I really wonder what Weber will need to do to get some more respect from his coach : not on the ice when goalie pulled, in favor of a struggling Subban and Diaz ? really ? Guy deserves better it seems to me.

Anyhoo, fun times ! Tuesday should be a good one too

Dr_Hook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 09:16 PM
RE-HABS

14 minutes to Cole and Kostitysn to me doesn't make sense either. And it isn't just tonight, it is every night. Why are Gionta, Cammy, DD and Moen getting more???

Sure Gio and Cammy should be getting a little more than AK, but not Cole and not by 5-6 minutes per game.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

The Rangers are a good faceoff team. Richards and Boyle are good at them. Noks is good, but he was gone after playing 40 seconds...

Analyzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
hogtownhabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post

hogtownhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Protest the Hero

Forget even the standard instigator penalty, isn't there a rule about players wearing Visors instigating a fight against someone not wearing one?

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
XperHFB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
I'm sexy and I know it.

XperHFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 09:17 PM
shao01

**** the refs, that is all.

shao01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 09:19 PM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Really?

I don't want to be a homer, but 2 PP's to how many the Rangers had???
The first Rangers penalty was a joke too.

But I'm more upset with the lack of penalties they got. Callahan should have got an instigator. Probably Sauer too. Not to mention the slash on Spacek. And two trips on Pacioretty. A trip on Kostitsyn.

I just hate any game when the penalties are completely lopsided. I get can undertaand it in International games when Canada plays like.. France. NHL games, no team is that bad to have that big of a difference in penalties. Just a little too unbelievable.

Hawkguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 09:20 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewBACHa View Post
The habs played bad.
I cant accept to put the fault to the refs.

2 high sticks penalty
1 unsportmanship penalty.

Atrocious faceoff
Plekanec 9-25 / 36%
eller 3-13 / 23%

Loss deserved
Yup. It's not the refs' fault. It's the Habs' fault for not playing a flawless game.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 09:20 PM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Forget even the standard instigator penalty, isn't there a rule about players wearing Visors instigating a fight against someone not wearing one?
Forget that. Two penalties on Bluden on the one play is clearly NOT a rule. It should have been a Too many men (even tho Cole was right at the bench), but the inference call is ****ing laughable.

Old
11-05-2011, 09:21 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
14 minutes to Cole and Kostitysn to me doesn't make sense either. And it isn't just tonight, it is every night. Why are Gionta, Cammy, DD and Moen getting more???

Sure Gio and Cammy should be getting a little more than AK, but not Cole and not by 5-6 minutes per game.
Hum.....In case you hadn't noticed we had a couple more penalties than they did. Cole and AK don't kill penalties.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 09:23 PM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
I counted 4 PGT's started all with fck-the-ref's theme. Entertaining game, best not to shoot it out on the road.

Time for some balanced reflection - the team's not a 1-5-2 team, it's not a 4-0 team, it's a team that is where it is and needs to work hard every night.

Faceoffs continue to be a major concern.
Some uncommon common sense.

This loss doesn't sting quite as badly because we won the last 4 games. But ask me how zen I'm feeling if we don't win most of our next few.

Lshap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 09:24 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulet Kostopoulos View Post
Yup. It's not the refs' fault. It's the Habs' fault for not playing a flawless game.
Are you trying to be funny? 19/50 in the faceoff department. Switch the numbers in Montreal's favour and it's a W. You can't control the refs, you should control your faceoffs.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 09:24 PM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

Are you really coming on the Canadians board as a 15yo and tell these fans who they are really gonna love..These fans have forgotten more Hockey than you will ever know...Your arrogance is beyond belief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Really entertaining game, guys. Knew it wasn't over even with a three goal lead, your team has been resilient for as long as I can remember.

The players that stood out to me on the Canadiens were David Deharnais and Erik Cole. The former in particular. I knew he was a shift, skilled player, but I can count at least 5 instances where he might have saved a goal due to excellent backchecking. Been a fan of his for a while, he's really starting to put it together this year. You're going to love this guy for years.

Looking forward to the next game between these teams, it's always fun.

FWIW, the Rangers had the same thing called against them a few games ago. Can't specifically remember what game it was, but I believe it was Dubinsky who got the call. Goes under unsportsmanlike conduct.

surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 09:25 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
Some uncommon common sense.

This loss doesn't sting quite as badly because we won the last 4 games. But ask me how zen I'm feeling if we don't win most of our next few.
This one pisses me off because outside of that nonsense in the first and the stupid stick penalties (deserved) this was a very winable game. Habs basically beat themselves.

Old
11-05-2011, 09:26 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Hum.....In case you hadn't noticed we had a couple more penalties than they did. Cole and AK don't kill penalties.
I know, but look on any night and it is like this.

Old
11-05-2011, 09:26 PM
29dryden29

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBarker View Post
I'm gonna need to be playing some League of Legends to forget this

The refs had much less to do with this loss then our team and our lack of discipline and cohesion did.

29dryden29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 09:27 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Are you trying to be funny? 19/50 in the faceoff department. Switch the numbers in Montreal's favour and it's a W. You can't control the refs, you should control your faceoffs.
No. Are you?

Switch the penalties around and we win the game.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsIn7 View Post
And that stat is a major reason Martin should have had Price back in the net for the centre ice face off.
There was no upside to putting Price back in nets at the end. We had to score or the game was lost; an empty net goal against us changed nothing.

Old
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
The first Rangers penalty was a joke too.

But I'm more upset with the lack of penalties they got. Callahan should have got an instigator. Probably Sauer too. Not to mention the slash on Spacek. And two trips on Pacioretty. A trip on Kostitsyn.

I just hate any game when the penalties are completely lopsided. I get can undertaand it in International games when Canada plays like.. France. NHL games, no team is that bad to have that big of a difference in penalties. Just a little too unbelievable.
My dad came over tonight to watch the game, after that first shift and the lopsided calls I told him the game was right there as the bed was made and it was something we weren't going to get out of.

We had a lot of posts, and in many ways out played the Rangers. But, that first shift and the calls made the game.

Old
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Good effort, no break from the refs, some penalities were deserved, others not, and the refs missed some call on the other side.. frustrating game..

Also, I dont get the love for Desharnais, some are saying he has super vision but thats really nothing to write about, especially for a such small overmatched player with no speed.. His passes lack accuracy, too many times its in the skate of a linemates or guys have to slow down to get it.. Marginal NHLer to say the least.. Leblanc will have no prob to outplay him next camp..
lol. 8 points in 13-games in his first full NHL season. Maybe some other guys should start scoring. And I'll then believe it. As for Leblanc.. wow, good on you. Huge prediction predicting that a Top-20 draft pick will be better than a guy who wasn't drafted. What are the odds there, Bobby?

We should just go sign all veterans, seriously. A few bad games and people want guys shipped out or in the AHL. It's pathetic, really.

Diaz? Great start, slowed down. Get him to the AHL!
Weber? One terrible game all year... AHL!
Desharnais? 4th in scoring on the team and like the cheapest player on the team? AHL!

Who am I missing?

I'm hard on Subban, I know. But that's because I know how good he is from watching him for years and years. Even after 4 or 5 bad games to start the season, I would never scream NHL.

Seriously, sometimes I think there is literally 5 or 6 posters here that patient.

I bet the posters who wanted to talk, would be the first ones complaining about the young kids when we lose games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
There are no good losses. But there are great efforts in losses....and that was one of them.
I agree. I'm not that mad after tonight. I'm a little ticked with the referring because it was pretty bad. But the Habs gave a solid effort, especially in the 2nd and 3rd (even when you could tell they were dead tired).

We could have won this game with a few lucky bounces even with the piss-poor referring. Good effort and we'll bounce back next game.

Old
11-05-2011, 09:29 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
I know, but look on any night and it is like this.
We spend a lot of time killing penalties in most games.

But I bet if you look at 5 on 5 icetime it's pretty even. I saw a lot of Cole and a lot of Kostistyn out there tonight. They had a solid game and had a lot of 5 on 5 icetime as far as I could tell anyway.

Old
11-05-2011, 09:29 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulet Kostopoulos View Post
No. Are you?

Switch the penalties around and we win the game.
That's ridiculous. they need better discipline and better execution on basics like faceoffs.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 09:31 PM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
This one pisses me off because outside of that nonsense in the first and the stupid stick penalties (deserved) this was a very winable game. Habs basically beat themselves.
Agree with you 100% -- we were unlucky with goalposts and penalty calls, but sht's gonna' happen. Teams 'beat themselves' a few times every season, and I refuse to whine when it's our turn.