HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

11/5/11-New Jersey Devils vs. Winnipeg Jets 7PM

Closed Thread

Old
11-05-2011, 10:52 PM
Drewr15

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
I forgot about this gem from tonight;

Sometimes during games during stoppages in play the Devils do the "guess that player" with 1 fan based off of 3 facts they are given and for each of the 3 facts, they zoom out from the picture on the center ice board

Tonight's were
1) Was drafted by the Flyers in the 1994 Draft
2) Played for Sweeden in 2002
3) Made his NHL debut in 2001

Options were
A. Anton Volchenkov
B. Mattias Tedenby
C. Johan Hedberg

In the last frame, the bottom of Moose's mask is clearly visible and despite the 3 facts and the goalie helmet in the picture, the guy guesses Volchenkov
I laughed at that too - the only non swede who played for sweden.

Old
11-05-2011, 10:55 PM
Captain Lou

Send a message via AIM to Captain Lou
Quote:
Originally Posted by aero8279 View Post
the guy taking the box instead of the signed stick was priceless.
He was on my train home. They let him keep the stick.

He told me he gave the DVD away.

But I laughed at him anyway. I mean, what could be better than a Daneyko-autographed stick?

Old
11-05-2011, 10:56 PM
Drewr15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier View Post
More fun to leave game impressions having not read anything prior....

Beyond the obvious (Elias with another COMPLETE game; Henrique shining), thought NJD dmen were very strong on the puck tonight. Salvador impressed me, as did Tallinder and noob Larsson. Sure the puck skipped on him once but **** happens. Overall, won corner battles and were solid on breakout.

In addition to Henrique, all noobs had a good game. Palmieri was moving his legs and strong on both the forecheck and in the neutral zone defensively. Tedenby was noticable and again Larsson was very good too. Get the feeling that if one is going to be looking for "Doughty flash" from this guy they will be very disappointed. Rather, very subtle and poised. Notice the non-sexy 10 foot passes, just enough to free his D partner or a forward. Also exhibiting a bit of a bite to his game; I like.

Devils will have to play these types of games a lot.

Marty should retire. <<< That's for the reactionaries.

Game in Philadelphia and this one offers a lesson about getting too high or too low up or down a couple of goals with a lot of time left. NHL teams do not quit. Neither should fans. It's a sixty minute game. No instantaneous gratification.
The thing that continues to impress me most about Larsson is not just ability but willingness to hit. This kid takes runs at people constantly and usually connects, not bone crunching but enough to bump you off the puck and take it. Its fantastic.

Also, we ended up sitting in the acela club tonight and we could see in the Devils box - Lemaire was there for part of the first period talking with Lou. Good to see he is still around giving his opinion on things.

And boy is Henrique shining. Being sent down was the best thing to happen to this kid. He is playing his ass off.

Old
11-05-2011, 10:58 PM
Captain Lou

Send a message via AIM to Captain Lou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewr15 View Post
The thing that continues to impress me most about Larsson is not just ability but willingness to hit. This kid takes runs at people constantly and usually connects, not bone crunching but enough to bump you off the puck and take it. Its fantastic.

Also, we ended up sitting int he acela club tonight so we could see in the Devils box - Lemaire was there for part of the first period talking with Lou. Good to see he is still around giving his opinion on things.

And boy is Henrique shining. Being sent down was the best thing to happen to this kid. He is playing his ass off.
Yes, as Zach alluded to after the game, It's nice to have someone with some ******* finish on this team.

Old
Mr.Krinkle
Pod 6 is Jerks

Just saw the replays, holy ****ing **** Henrique!

Old
Drewr15

Quote:
Originally Posted by aero8279 View Post
the guy taking the box instead of the signed stick was priceless.
I didn't know what the DVD was. My wife started dying laughing and I was like is that some movie and she explained it. I noticed he never let go of the stick though. Looked like they were going to have to pry it away from him.

Old
11-05-2011, 11:04 PM
njdevils1982
Chico for HOF!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewr15 View Post
The thing that continues to impress me most about Larsson is not just ability but willingness to hit. This kid takes runs at people constantly and usually connects, not bone crunching but enough to bump you off the puck and take it. Its fantastic..

ill be first to admit a wrong..... i called him out well before the draft during the WJC when i said i was not happy with him not trying to play the body......but yes. he did do that as you described perfectly tonight.

i was also called out by someone back then with the response of does lidstrom take the body?

anyways, im glad to see this element that i havent seen yet.

****.......he's still a rookie?!

Old
11-05-2011, 11:06 PM
njdevils1982
Chico for HOF!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Lou View Post
He was on my train home. They let him keep the stick.

He told me he gave the DVD away.

But I laughed at him anyway. I mean, what could be better than a Daneyko-autographed stick?
a chico signed hotdog bun.... im 100% serious. ill hope to meet him one day and ask him.

Old
11-05-2011, 11:07 PM
PacManNJD
Let's get clever.

Holy ****, I ****ing loved Cangy's call of the OT winner.

Easily his best goal call ever.

Closed Thread