HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF top 100 prospects (Tjutin #17, Jessiman #78)

Closed Thread

Old
10-29-2003, 06:40 PM
L.I.RangerFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
How is it different, this is opinions from people who saw him, I doubt I would have seen anything different.

Main Points:

-Good speed for size
-Soft Hands
-Good playmaking skills
-Lanky
-Average work ethic
-Below average strength for size
-Poor defensivly
-Not a big mean streak

Comparable draft pick, Mike Rupp by the New York Islanders.
Change the work ethic to excellant
Change lanky to young and still has to fill out (same with strength)
change poor defensively to raw, but very coachable

The kid is playing college hockey - mean streak will not get him very far. Can learn how to be tougher and more aggressive.

Now does he sound better - remember this is just opinions on a player - some are right some are wrong. But give the kid a break, he is smart, he knows how to work hard.

He is probably better then some of the current Rangers.

Old
10-29-2003, 06:54 PM
L.I.RangerFan

Quote:
I would change all those but then I would be telling lies. He is weak defensivly right now, he isn't mean, adding size and strength will take away from his speed and skill. Don't try and make things better then it is.

He may work on defense, fill out, and become a star but untill then he is a project.

Where is it "telling lies"? They are opinions not concrete facts. Is it your opinion that adding size and strength will take away from his speed. Or do you have a crystal ball.

I never said he wasn't a project but in all reality what 18-19 year old isn't. How many lower round choices have become superstars and visa versa. The draft is basically projections based on opinions.

Old
10-30-2003, 05:02 AM
L.I.RangerFan

Quote:
The same crystal ball that you have that tells you he will get bigger stronger, better defensivly. I don't think Rangers will wait long enough for him to develope, they should have gotten a quick offensive tool like Nillson who is a playmaker and could play next year.

I never looked into my crystal ball. My statements were pretty simple.

1. Change lanky to young and still has to fill out (never said he would get bigger, stronger etc.

2. change poor defensively to raw and very coachable. (every person who has scouted him plus his college coach stated he is a very coachable quick learner.

3. typical answer from a Devils fan, always fall back on the Rangers never develop any youth.

4. Alot of the so called experts did not have rave reviews about Nilsson either so like I said "It's all projections based on opinions."

Here is another link filled with opinions on Jessiman

http://www.thejournalnews.com/newsro...ewjessweb.html

Old
10-30-2003, 05:19 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
A typical answer from anyone, the Rangers are "know" to trade away youth before they develop, a powerforward like Jessiman may break out when he is 25 and I know the rangers won't wait.

That article says nothing really. Just a story on him.
This team has not made the playoffs in six years. They drafted a player that Ranger fans for the most part are excited about. Why do you feel the need to kill this pick? Let us enjoy it.

10-30-2003, 05:31 AM
L.I.RangerFan

Quote:
A typical answer from anyone, the Rangers are "know" to trade away youth before they develop, a powerforward like Jessiman may break out when he is 25 and I know the rangers won't wait.

That article says nothing really. Just a story on him.

Glad to see your crystal ball is still working properly

Yes the Rangers have the propensity to trade away youth but this started as a discussion into scouting reports on Jessiman and your OPINION that the Rangers should have drafted someone else. All I am trying to say is that all opinions differ. The Rangers decided on draft day to take someone who in their OPINION was worth the 12 pick. I would have preferred Phanuef but in Calgary's OPINION he was their choice. And so it goes down the line.

In my OPINION, Jessiman has the chance to become a superstar or he has the chance of being a total bust. The final outcome will be decided by fate (health) and his ability to continue to improve. If he wants it and gets a few breaks, doesn't suffer any career threatening injuries then he could make it. If he gets hurt or lets his draft position go to his head then he won't.

Very simply this fits every player drafted. Just think alot of teams passed on Parise and he fell into the Devils lap. Any OPINIONS on why?

Old
10-30-2003, 06:29 AM
E-Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
This team has not made the playoffs in six years. They drafted a player that Ranger fans for the most part are excited about that. Why do you feel the need to kill this pick? Let us enjoy it.

AMEN!

Go analyze Parise on the Devil board. As with any 19 year old with high expectations, he can be a star or a bust. Time will tell

Old
10-30-2003, 08:33 AM
L.I.RangerFan

Quote:
Crystal balls tell the past now? Don't get your panties twisted, he could become a superstar like you said but this isn't the type of pick the rangers should be making, they should get a couple of safe picks and build around them.
How did you know I wear panties? Your crystal ball is really working!

By the way you are the one that stated "A typical answer from anyone, the Rangers are "know" to trade away youth before they develop, a powerforward like Jessiman may break out when he is 25 and I know the rangers won't wait."

Thats what I meant about the crystal ball.

Now if you watched the Rangers Draft show, you would know that the Rangers staff thought very highly of Parise. But every team goes into the draft with a list and a plan. In the Rangers opinion Jessiman was rated higher then Parise. They wanted a player with grit, determination and size. Jessiman fit the bill. Not only that but he grew up a Ranger fan and wanted to play for the Rangers. Parise on the other hand grew up as the son of an Islander. So for them the choice was pretty easy.

I have one question for you. If Parise and Nilsson are NHL ready (in your opinion) why is Nilsson still in Sweden and Parise still in college?

Old
10-30-2003, 08:52 AM
L.I.RangerFan

Quote:
I am not trying to kill all hopes he will be a star. I said some really positive things about him just he has a long way to go. I don't hate NYR and I hope he turns out to be a star, not once did I say he wasn't going to be one. I just didn't like the pick from a NYR perspective. I thought Holik, Lindros and Nedved gives NY enough size up front and an offensive two way player would suit the team better. Don't take it to heart, I do this with lots of prospects outside NY.
Lindros - UFA next year
Holik - Defensive center
Nedved - Center

Jessiman - LEFT WING

Just picture a line of Jessiman - Nedved/Lundmark/Moore - Kovalev

Closed Thread