HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Better or Worse?

Old
11-05-2011, 11:40 PM
HockeyHD
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Better or Worse?

I know it's early and our record is not exactly one to brag about, but do you think we're better or worse than last season?

Personally, I think the Habs are better and I'll tell you why:

1) Erik Cole

I was very skeptical about this signing prior to the season starting and even more so through the first few games. But, now that Cole is starting to find his stride, I see things in Cole that makes our team a lot more dangerous offensively. He's speedy, he drives the net, has a great shot. I think he's starting to really find his place on the team and the more he's put in crucial situations for us, the more I think he'll strive.

2) Quicker Legs on D

I know some of you regret Gauthier's decision to not re-sign Hamrlik. I always liked Hamrlik's defensive play, but let's be honest, the guy is reaching a point in his career where he's just not at his best physically anymore. The addition of Diaz to the line-up and Weber elevating his play has really had a great impact on the team defensively. Subban is not quite there yet, but he's starting to find his stride again. Once he's at his best and Markov is back in the line-up, lookout NHL!

3) Pacioretty and Eller

Is it me, or is Pacioretty even better despite the injury? I love his game so far this year. Grinds in the corners, creates traffic in front, good shot. His game has elevated that much more this season. I think he's really becoming a terrific player and will be a part of the future of this franchise.

As for Eller, he's really grown as a player and will continue to only get better as the years go by. Great two-way player. I think he takes after Plekanec and let's be honest, what's wrong with having two Plekanec's on the team?

Now if guys like Gionta and Cammalleri can get back to playing their best, I think this line-up has the potential to be dangerous. And with Blunden now in the line-up to deliver CLEAN booming hits like the one tonight against Dubinsky, I do not see why the Habs can't make a splash this season.

Your thoughts?

HockeyHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 09:23 AM
Belso

The Habs have a better team than last year IMO. And when and if Markov comes back from his surgery, they will be that much better..

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 09:34 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyHD View Post
I know it's early and our record is not exactly one to brag about, but do you think we're better or worse than last season?

Personally, I think the Habs are better and I'll tell you why:

1) Erik Cole

I was very skeptical about this signing prior to the season starting and even more so through the first few games. But, now that Cole is starting to find his stride, I see things in Cole that makes our team a lot more dangerous offensively. He's speedy, he drives the net, has a great shot. I think he's starting to really find his place on the team and the more he's put in crucial situations for us, the more I think he'll strive.

2) Quicker Legs on D

I know some of you regret Gauthier's decision to not re-sign Hamrlik. I always liked Hamrlik's defensive play, but let's be honest, the guy is reaching a point in his career where he's just not at his best physically anymore. The addition of Diaz to the line-up and Weber elevating his play has really had a great impact on the team defensively. Subban is not quite there yet, but he's starting to find his stride again. Once he's at his best and Markov is back in the line-up, lookout NHL!

3) Pacioretty and Eller

Is it me, or is Pacioretty even better despite the injury? I love his game so far this year. Grinds in the corners, creates traffic in front, good shot. His game has elevated that much more this season. I think he's really becoming a terrific player and will be a part of the future of this franchise.

As for Eller, he's really grown as a player and will continue to only get better as the years go by. Great two-way player. I think he takes after Plekanec and let's be honest, what's wrong with having two Plekanec's on the team?

Now if guys like Gionta and Cammalleri can get back to playing their best, I think this line-up has the potential to be dangerous. And with Blunden now in the line-up to deliver CLEAN booming hits like the one tonight against Dubinsky, I do not see why the Habs can't make a splash this season.

Your thoughts?
Our forwards are definitely better and you're right about Eller and MaxPac developing.

Our blueline though isn't nearly as good as it was. That hopefully will improve with Markov's (cross fingers) return but our blueline has definitely taken a hit. On the positive side though we do have some young players who are developing in our lineup and that's a good thing.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote