HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tortorella Pre-game Press Conference

Old
11-05-2011, 06:12 PM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
You tell him dude. Tort's has more personality in his pinkie finger than all the vanilla coaches we've had in the past except Iron Mike Keenan.
Haha..well I agree, but again, I have no issues with nyr2k2's comments..I opened this thread knowing that while many people would agree with my stance, others would have an issue with it.

TonyTheGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 06:13 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Would said ass-kisser get us past the first round? If so, sign me up.

Sorry, he's on his 3rd coaching job. Don't worry, give him time to ******* it up there in Edmonton.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 09:36 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Classic Torts. He will get killed for this, like he did for the “we sucked from head to toe” postgame, but all he wants to do is think about winning hockey games. That is A-OK with me.
That was from andrew gross... Rangers have won 3 in a row. seems like something is working.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 09:41 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 09:54 PM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post

LMAO..hysterical!

TonyTheGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 10:12 PM
DonCherrysSuit
Powerplay Pass Party

I get the feeling that Torts truly resents that he's obligated to speak to the media.

DonCherrysSuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 10:26 PM
DrAStuart

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubinstache View Post
I get the feeling that Torts truly resents that he's obligated to speak to the media.
I suspect most coaches do...at least right before a game and right after. Before the game you want to be thinking about the game, not filling in the media on the medical condition of guys who aren't playing. After the game you're expected to provide indepth analysis without any time to reflect on what you saw and what it means. Which is why 90% of coaches provide nothing of value in 90% of those pre and post-game pressers...the only time it gets interesting is when the coach says something that he probably wishes he hadn't...like his 'throwing dirt on Sean' comment.

Tortorella just doesn't bother to cover up his annoyance that well...and that in itself often makes for some great moments...I found today's press conference to be hilarious...it was like he figured out that if kept saying "I have no idea" then those guys would go away and he could go back to his job sooner...

Yeah, I know...it is part of his job...but in the grand scheme of things this is (or should be) a very small part of his job. I would rather he talk about a game the next day when he's been able to look at the tape and think about what the game means for the team going forward...Seriously, when was the last time anything of substance got said at one of these obligatory pressers...

DrAStuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 12:15 AM
JeffMangum
#meatisbeat

I'll go with "jackass" for $300, Alec.

I'm generally a lucky-go-happy type, but I just found this quite stupid, to be honest. No idea who Stralman is? No idea about his player(s) being on IR? Maybe he was joking, but I'd be concerned if not. Shouldn't a coach know these things; hell, the casual fan knows these things.

The reporters were laughing, yeah, but, as a fan, I'd like to hear the coaches' opinion regarding the topic of Stralman, and news regarding such activity as well. Being childish isn't helpful in any sense.

That being said, as long as the team is winning, I couldn't give any less of a damn how the coach acts during the press conference and whatnot. I've liked the way he's been handling things in game the past few games, just keep it up, and you can say whatever the hell you want to the media.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard

Last edited by JeffMangum: 11-06-2011 at 12:20 AM.
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote