HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Eklund Rumours Thread: Enter at your own risk v2.0

Closed Thread

Old
11-02-2011, 12:10 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

vCash: 500
Eklund Rumours Thread: Enter at your own risk v2.0

Continue here.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
11-05-2011, 03:32 PM
Maxpac

Our buddy has Penner to the Habs E4. Sorry but I don't see it. Habs have no need of top 6 wingers, Clifford is a different matter!

Old
11-05-2011, 03:33 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by EkLOL
The Canadiens are talking to the La Kings regarding Dustin Penner (e4). I am surprised at this, and would be pretty shocked were anything to come of this rumor, HOWEVER there are two sources, one with the Kings, one with Habs, who confirm discussions...so at least it is worth noting and I will continue to track this...
Link

Oh, Eklund. At least we're not getting Penner. Unless it's Penner for Gomez, somehow.

Old
11-05-2011, 03:50 PM
One Trick Pony

So what, e4 means that the teams are discussing now?

Old
11-05-2011, 03:50 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
Link

Oh, Eklund. At least we're not getting Penner. Unless it's Penner for Gomez, somehow.
One is a Kings fan on Eklund's forum, the other is a habs blogger on Eklund's site

Seriously I can't see us doing this move unless Spacek/Gomez were going back the other way and even then it isn't like Spacek = Komisarek.

Old
11-05-2011, 03:52 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliash View Post
So what, e4 means that the teams are discussing now?
It's funny e4 usually means it's close to happening, e5 meaning all but finalized

In the same breath he says he's surprised and acts like it won't happen.

Old
11-05-2011, 03:59 PM
sheed36

Even though there's a zero chance of it happening but if the deal was Gomez for Penner I'd be all for it.. Put Penner on the 3rd line with Eller and AK and bump Moen to the 4th with Noke and Darche.. That would be a solid line up.

Old
11-05-2011, 04:02 PM
DogsFan*
GHG

Eklund couldn't be more wrong. Penner is the exact opposite of what we need

Old
11-05-2011, 04:11 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Even though there's a zero chance of it happening but if the deal was Gomez for Penner I'd be all for it.. Put Penner on the 3rd line with Eller and AK and bump Moen to the 4th with Noke and Darche.. That would be a solid line up.
Then LA guiltlessly buries Gomez in the minors, is freed up the 4mil for Penner and lands a big name next season

If we could get Penner for Gomez at this point I'd do it. We don't need another center and Gomez is becoming the odd man out. I never imagined DD and Eller would play this well. If we can get rid of Gomer at this point it needs to be considered.

Would you guys spend a 1st in a deep draft to get rid of Gomer if something decent came back?

Old
11-05-2011, 04:17 PM
Maxpac

Weber, Darche and 3rd round pick for Clifford?

Old
11-05-2011, 04:17 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Then LA guiltlessly buries Gomez in the minors, is freed up the 4mil for Penner and lands a big name next season

If we could get Penner for Gomez at this point I'd do it. We don't need another center and Gomez is becoming the odd man out. I never imagined DD and Eller would play this well. If we can get rid of Gomer at this point it needs to be considered.

Would you guys spend a 1st in a deep draft to get rid of Gomer if something decent came back?
Isn't Penner in the final year of his deal and set to become a UFA?

Old
11-05-2011, 04:25 PM
habitue*

Kopitar - Richards- Stoll -

Where do you fit Gomez in that center line ?

Calgary and the Isles are the two only teams that need a top-two center...

Old
11-05-2011, 04:28 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Kopitar - Richards- Stoll -

Where do you fit Gomez in that center line ?

Calgary and the Isles are the two only teams that need a top-two center...
True. Didn't also realize Penner was a pending UFA.

Honestly I wouldn't want him then if we can't dump Gomez for him

Old
11-05-2011, 04:48 PM
habsrule22

only way this happens is by a three way deal. Team A - ships players-pick to LA. LA ships Penner to Habs and Habs ships Gomez to Team A.

Old
11-05-2011, 04:59 PM
RE-HABS

With Markov coming back soon, and with Campoli maybe a month away I could see a Spacek and Penner swap maybe?

LA needs more depth on D, and both are UFA's. Penner with AK and Eller on a 3rd line would give the Habs 3 scoring lines, I know we kind of have that now, but Moen to Penner...I give the edge to Penner easily in the offensive department.

Old
11-05-2011, 04:59 PM
One Trick Pony

Is it me or the Habs are ALWAYS on the receiving end of these rumours. You never see one of our players rumoured to go anywhere. It is always Player X to Montreal... More clicks I guess?

Old
11-05-2011, 05:17 PM
JackieChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliash View Post
Is it me or the Habs are ALWAYS on the receiving end of these rumours. You never see one of our players rumoured to go anywhere. It is always Player X to Montreal... More clicks I guess?
You're right... It never dawned on me, but now that I pay attention, I don't remember reading such a rumor on his website ever.

Old
11-05-2011, 05:37 PM
Steve Shutt

Back in Feb the Oilers traded Penner to the Kings for prospect Colten Teubert, a first round pick and a conditional pick. If Montreal could acquire him for Gomez and turn around and unload him as a playoff rental in a few months we'd be in good shape IMO

Note: Teubert was selected 13th overall in the 2009 entry draft by the Kings and represented Canada at the world junior championships.
The conditional = either a second or third round pick in 2012, a pick that will be determined by how far Los Angeles goes in the playoffs this season.

Old
11-05-2011, 08:21 PM
Word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Shutt View Post
The conditional = either a second or third round pick in 2012, a pick that will be determined by how far Los Angeles goes in the playoffs this season.
It was the playoffs last year. Edmonton get a 3rd round pick 12. The Kings shipped their second round pick 12 to Philly in the Richards deal.

Old
11-05-2011, 10:05 PM
CrazyShea

Why would the kings need/want another center? Stoll richards and kopitar seriously will not happen

Old
11-05-2011, 10:21 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Only rumours I've heard recently about LA and Habs have been about getting Stoll, not giving them another center.

Old
11-05-2011, 10:40 PM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post

letmetinkaboutitNO.

We already lost McDo and Higgs for him, I should think that's enough.

Trade him for a 3rd round pick, if we get lucky. No need to throw anything else in.

Old
11-06-2011, 12:44 AM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Only rumours I've heard recently about LA and Habs have been about getting Stoll, not giving them another center.
I would be very happy to get Stoll... but that would necessitate Gomez being moved elsewhere (or burried in Hamilton.

a bit strange the silence on Gomez's injury & the lack of info about his return (unless I've missed it). Didn't seem like anything that serious, and a bit weird that there hasn't been more info...

could it be that the team has told him he's AHL bound when he gets healthy (unless they trade him first)

highly unlikely, of course, but if PG did manage to move Gomez, and then find a reasonable deal for Stoll... not sure what LAK would be looking for in return.

Stoll for Palushaj + 3rd/4th?
Stoll for Spacek + 3rd/4th?

i'd do anything in that value-range going the other way.

Stoll's a UFA-to-be who is off to a slow start and not exactly a bargain @3.6M, but he's strong, RH C, hits and is very good in faceoff circle. Perfect complement to Pleks-Eller

Old
11-06-2011, 04:42 AM
RC51

Penner? well he is big and we have asked to be bigger.
He scores about what AK does.
Sure if we can dump Gomez for Penner it's great but I might ask would we do A.Kostitsyn for Penner?

We know Andrei won't be a hab next year anyway.

Old
11-06-2011, 05:09 AM
habshound247

Penner is too enigmatic. IF LA is shopping him after just trading for him at last season's trade deadline, it speaks volumes on him as a player. I can understand when you are losing every night in Edmonton last year that it wasn't a lot of fun, but LA was pretty good last year and if he has burnt his bridge there already...no thanks.

Closed Thread