The Falcon's Plus/Minus: Wild vs. Blues (11.05.11)
Alright boys, I'm going to try this and see if we dig it.
+ Harding - Dude was a beast. Sucks he couldn't get a shut-out but a win is a win. Hopefully this inspires Backstrom upon his return.
+ New Top Six Lines: These guys seem to bring the best out of each other. I'm really happy Yeo isn't complacent with his lines like Todd.
+ Dany Heatley: Like someone else said in the game day thread, this was Dany's best game as a Wild player. He was all over the ice. Nice goal too.
+ The Grinders: They didn't back down from the relentless ******** from the Blues players. I admit there was some boneheaded plays by not being as reserved but overall, I was happy they stuck up for teammates and killed penalties.
+ Scandella: Forgot this originally. Thought he played a solid game. Nice to see him getting shots on net and playing physical hockey.
- Nate Prosser: I know they highlighted his shot-blocking and I admit I didn't follow the entire game but when I did, he didn't seem as posed as some other games.
- Devin Setoguchi: This might be a surprise from me (look at my avatar) but there were a few times he decided to pass up a nice opportunity and he's a guy we brought in to shoot.
- Turnovers: So many idiotic showboat passes that almost lead to odd man rushes. Just need to make smarter plays out there but we're improving as a team.
+ Harding kicks ass.
+ Top 6 is going crazy. Both of those lines look great.
+ Powe is really doing his job and is one of our best pickups this offseason
+ Were putting more and more pressure on the opposition consistently
- It wasnt a shooting gallery like it was against Vancouver. We only finished with 26 shots, but thats part of the next one:
- We really eased off the gas in the third, especially near the end, and that almost bit us in the ass and spoiled the game.
I was watching UFC 138 and the Sioux game a lot too, so here is what I saw:
+ Harding. Just a beast these last few games. Quickly making a case for challenging Backs for the #1 spot, IMO. Only bad thing about him is my opponent had him in one of my fantasy leagues
+ Heater. His goal, for one. Then I saw him busting his ass on the PK by clearing the puck and blocking shots, he has been so impressive this season.
- Staubitz. After the ending of the 2nd period, I expected him to come out and really work to piss the blues off. They got pissed off(as evidenced by the what...six guys in the box at once?), but Staubitz had nothing to do with it.
- Our PP. Its bad. I don't want to say Pens fans are right about Yeo and his Powerplay, but jeez. It's ridiculous. I can't really complain because the Wild is winning games, but it is still worrisome.
Overall, fun game to watch. First two periods were awesome, then the Wild kinda backed off in the third, which was disappointing.