HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#13 - 11.06.2011 | Winnipeg Jets @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG (HD)

Closed Thread

Old
11-06-2011, 10:44 AM
Callahan4C

vCash: 500
Is stralman playing tonight? If so I would imagine woywitka sitting.

Old
11-06-2011, 11:18 AM
fiedy88

vCash: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
The Rangers organization thanks you, you have single handedly paid off Drury's payout.
I do what I can, haha

Old
11-06-2011, 11:20 AM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 50
lol look at those injuries for the Jets. and LOL to Torts quote.

Old
11-06-2011, 11:23 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Yes Jets who are not exactly a star studded roster to begin with are loaded with injuries.

This is one of those games where the Rangers relax and tend to blow it.

11-06-2011, 11:23 AM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

I like to see Eminger sit instead of Woyty and id like to see Stralman play.

Old
11-06-2011, 11:24 AM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Hockey View Post
Yes Jets who are not exactly a star studded roster to begin with are loaded with injuries.

This is one of those games where the Rangers relax and tend to blow it.
Thats what i was thinking. I hope and think that issue has already been addressed and they will come out strong.

Gabby with a hattrick!

Old
11-06-2011, 11:47 AM
E Nixson
Powered by Intel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrcantakeyou View Post
I like to see Eminger sit instead of Woyty and id like to see Stralman play.
If Torts cares about handedness on the defense, this is the pairing you will likely see if he chooses to play Stralman tonight. (Eminger and Stralman are both right handed)

I don't exactly think it is a bad idea to put Stralman with a more stay-at-home type, but you gotta think Torts puts Eminger in because of his tendency to play his "boys".

Someone mentioned in last night's post game thread that Torts only gave Woywitka 7 minutes while we were missing Sauer. That isn't enough.

Old
11-06-2011, 12:25 PM
WeWillWinTonight

Is Sam calling the game cause John g is boring as all hell can't stand his games

Old
11-06-2011, 12:27 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeWillWinTonight View Post
Is Sam calling the game cause John g is boring as all hell can't stand his games
Sam's doing football today. He'll be back for the game Wednesday night.

11-06-2011, 12:27 PM
WhatThePuck
"Shoots Wide" !!!

NO Let Downs.....LGR ,make it 4 !!

Old
11-06-2011, 12:35 PM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiedy88 View Post
What should I wear for tonight?
I'll be wearing a Staal Wolfpack jersey tonight.

Old
11-06-2011, 12:48 PM
PensFan27

Send a message via AIM to PensFan27 Send a message via Yahoo to PensFan27
Is Biron starting today?

Old
11-06-2011, 12:49 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:
Rant time.

I'm sorry, but I really don't understand what is so bad about Giannone. Is he Sam? No, but is he terrible like some try to act as if he is? Absolutely not. In fact, I'd argue that he is one of the better announcers in this league. Certainly better than most, although that may testify more to the lack of quality broadcasters than G's ability.

That being said, he's good. Almost always on top of the play, doesn't really fall behind, enthusiastic goal calls, and he rarely gets anyone's name wrong. I'm sorry, but I just couldn't take the unwarranted bashing anymore.

/rant over.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
11-06-2011, 12:50 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
Couple notes:

-Antropov and Stuart will be game-time decisions. Should they dress, expect it to be in favour of McArdle and Postma, respectively.

-Pavelec will be getting the start tonight, 3rd in 4 days.

Best of luck guys, not that you'll need it. Jets have been playing pretty good on this road trip, Pavelec in particular. But sooner or later, injuries and fatigue are bound to catch up. I'll be thrilled if we can snag a point here.

Old
11-06-2011, 12:56 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Thanks for the heads up, Hank.

Old
11-06-2011, 12:59 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Hockey View Post
If Torts cares about handedness on the defense, this is the pairing you will likely see if he chooses to play Stralman tonight. (Eminger and Stralman are both right handed)

I don't exactly think it is a bad idea to put Stralman with a more stay-at-home type, but you gotta think Torts puts Eminger in because of his tendency to play his "boys".

Someone mentioned in last night's post game thread that Torts only gave Woywitka 7 minutes while we were missing Sauer. That isn't enough.
yea you're def right, would be nice to have that speed and puck movement along with a stay at home type like Woyty. nice 5th and 6th pairing if Stralman comes into his game a little bit.

Old
11-06-2011, 01:04 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
I'll be wearing a Staal Wolfpack jersey tonight.
im gunna wear my Gabby home jersey. or my old school Messier jersey seems to bring us luck.

Old
11-06-2011, 01:06 PM
WeWillWinTonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Rant time.

I'm sorry, but I really don't understand what is so bad about Giannone. Is he Sam? No, but is he terrible like some try to act as if he is? Absolutely not. In fact, I'd argue that he is one of the better announcers in this league. Certainly better than most, although that may testify more to the lack of quality broadcasters than G's ability.

That being said, he's good. Almost always on top of the play, doesn't really fall behind, enthusiastic goal calls, and he rarely gets anyone's name wrong. I'm sorry, but I just couldn't take the unwarranted bashing anymore.

/rant over.
Personal preference I guess. To me I look forward to ranger games and sams voice just happens to be part of that for me. He has a certain enthusiasm that John g just can't bring.

Old
11-06-2011, 01:10 PM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Lgr!!!

Old
11-06-2011, 01:25 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Rant time.

/rant over.
Since Center Ice miraculously only plays the other team's announcers for every game (which is absolutely ridiculous, does anyone know why?), I have heard every announcer tandem in the league. We are extremely lucky to have Sam, Joe and John. Easily the most unbiased announcers out there.

Old
11-06-2011, 01:27 PM
N9Y4R
Bleed Blue

Quote:
Rant time.

/rant over.
Totally agree! I love Sam he is great and synonymous with the Rangers. But I would say that JG actually makes fewer mistakes and calls a cleaner game. He is not Sam but he has grown on me and does a fine job filling in.

Old
11-06-2011, 01:28 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

Quote:
Personal preference I guess. To me I look forward to ranger games and sams voice just happens to be part of that for me. He has a certain enthusiasm that John g just can't bring.
i agree. and i miss JD and i think since he left no one will be able to fill his "oh baby" shoes. just sayin

Old
11-06-2011, 01:47 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Rant time.

/rant over.
He may not say names wrong, but he misidentifies guys all the time.

He is by no means in the upper echelon of PBP guys. His call is dull, dull, dull, punctuated by extended silences, and utterly devoid of a feel for the sport.

It basically comes down to personal feelings, but I would rather listen to Edwards or Beninati than Giannone.

RANGERS =
Old
11-06-2011, 01:49 PM
Fataldogg

Rangers should be able to dominate in the Jets end, but I have my concerns about it actually getting done.

By the way, I guess we should all start criticizing Sean Avery for not producing or doing anything with 4 minutes of ice time yesterday, right? I mean, heck, Christensen was criticized for it with posts always complaining about how he was playing over Avery so, turn about is fair play ha ha. That being said, this post is only sarcastic, but just a little ridiculous that day by day EC was bashed for not producing with little ice time.

Looking forward to seeing more Avery though, I don't think Torts really wanted to throw him out there, but I'd like to see what he can do. Gaborik won't even make a difference if he only plays 4 minutes, come on Torts. It's super troubling especially because very deep teams like the Capitals go to the 4th line all the time even with a much better line up than ours.

Old
11-06-2011, 01:52 PM
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

I have always liked Christensen, never been a big EC basher. I think he is a big head case though. He gets rattled easily and just is not confident. He is so skilled and such a good player when he is going well and when he is confident like he is now he puts up solid numbers. We need him this year if we are going to be a very good team.

Closed Thread