HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

****************** Refs! Rangers win 5-3.

Old
11-06-2011, 07:59 AM
24stanleycups*
24-6=18,goodluck lol

vCash: 500
What.............a ****ing......................joke. Mike Blunden 2 min for legal check. David Desharnais 2 min for tripping. I'm sure a player the size of an elementary student is too much for a 6 foot 7, 240 lbs Brian Boyle. What a ****ing vagina. And snowing the goalie. Are you ****ing kidding me? Where's the penalties for the "disrespect" price recieves game after game after game. Bumped and shoved at every opportunity. Where's callahans instigator?
****ing ******** This one is all on the zebra's. But...i guess all we can do is put it behind us. We're just 2 points out of a playoffs spot, and we have to be realistic about our w/l ration until markov gets back. We're gunna hover for a couple more weeks.

24stanleycups* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 08:04 AM
PunkinDrublic*

So tell me when has a Habs player actually won a hockey fight ? As a Habs fan i am getting sick of seeing our players get beat up by guys like Callahan ??? ...and Gill scared to square off with Dubinsky ? WTF is up with that ? :cuss:

This team is still missing Markov big time, i can only imagine with the likes of Marky and Campoli on the back end how strong we will be.

Last edited by PunkinDrublic*: 11-06-2011 at 08:29 AM.
PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 08:16 AM
torero

We have a PP machine !!

torero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 08:25 AM
Moen is Gone
@MoeninGlory

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
I just hate any game when the penalties are completely lopsided. I get can undertaand it in International games when Canada plays like.. France. NHL games, no team is that bad to have that big of a difference in penalties. Just a little too unbelievable.
Yeah I hate it when we lose against Canada because of undiscipline

Moen is Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 08:49 AM
domdo345

my toughts:

LOL @ 2 penalities on blunden
LOL @ callahan not getting an instigator
LOL @ cammy not covering his man on the third goal and having countless of giveaways
LOL @ weber giving way to much space 4-5 time in the game where annisimov hit the post and richards burried it
LOL @ me telling me to watch the first period of pheonix-emd to cool down and not a single goal scored
LOL night.com

domdo345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 08:50 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moen in Glory View Post
Yeah I hate it when we lose against Canada because of undiscipline
Huh? I'm so lost.

I meant in international tournaments, you see a lot more penalties, because the players from lower tier hockey countries (France, Denmark, etc) usually need to hook and hold to keep up with the bigger & better teams (Canada, Sweden, Russia, USA, etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
I just want this team to keep the forecheck and not resort to ******** meatshield tactics. We have the talent, just ****ing use it.

One of Diaz or Weber has to sit for Emelin, he has a huge upside and could be our own Doug Murray (or even better if his o-game translates).

And for the record: I'm so excited for Markov's return
Seriously, Weber has been our second best defenseman this year and has one bad game and suddenly should be sat? Emelin has played half the games as Weber had three times the amount of mediocre games.

Diaz, I can see switching time with (or Gill). Although I thought Diaz was solid last night.

Last edited by Bad Natey: 11-06-2011 at 09:12 AM.
Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 09:09 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Seriously, Weber has been our second best defenseman this year and has one bad game and suddenly should be sat? Emelin has played half the games as Weber had three times the amount of mediocre games.

Diaz, I can see switching time with (or Gill). Although I thought Diaz was solid last night.
Diaz will be gone before the end of the season. He is just too small for the NHL.
Weber will hopefully be traded to keep the space open for Campoli.

Old
11-06-2011, 09:14 AM
domdo345

kinda off topic but any1 else cant see the highlights on nhl.com?

domdo345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 09:25 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Diaz was atrocious last night, time for Emelin to be re-inserted.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 09:34 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Diaz was atrocious last night, time for Emelin to be re-inserted.
What's the over/under for us to agree on something before the end of November? (Eller not included since we both love him).

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 09:41 AM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
So tell me when has a Habs player actually won a hockey fight ? As a Habs fan i am getting sick of seeing our players get beat up by guys like Callahan ??? ...and Gill scared to square off with Dubinsky ? WTF is up with that ? :cuss:

This team is still missing Markov big time, i can only imagine with the likes of Marky and Campoli on the back end how strong we will be.
You wanted Gill to fight Dubinsky so he could get thrown out of the game too?

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 09:59 AM
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks

Always fun when Montreal comes into town, and all NYC's former Quebecois come to the Garden in their Kirk Muller, Lyle Odelein, and Yves Racine jerseys. Not kidding about the last one either, I was right behind the guy getting a prime rib sandwich. I had to look the guy up just to see if he even played a full season in Montreal. 72 games. Odd jersey choice.

A lot of questionable calls last night too. Snowing the goalie? Dubinsky got 2 for that a few games ago just as we were clawing our way back into the game. Momentum killer. Ridiculous call for the refs to pull out late in games. Still, I award three classless Subbans and one Avery being Avery for the shower.

The other was probably the non-instigator call on Cally. But with the Hab entering the ice illegally and laying someone out probably negated anyone else being considered an instigator in the fight.

Max Pax really hawks the puck in the offensive zone, and Cole looked great in coverage away from the puck, and strong on it last night. Both players are now on my fantasy watchlist

I'll be up your way late in the season, hoping to catch the March 3rd Canadiens v Leafs match.

Good luck with the rest of the season!

SlingshotVv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 11:29 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Snowing the goalie penalty. Give me a break, that was a call given based on Subban's league-wide "rep" as as "no respect guy" and nothing else.

Carey Price gets snowed 2-3 times a game minimum and I've NEVER seen this called. Blunden's legal check on the puck carrier is another sheer genius call. Would have been nice to see Martin rip the refs apart after the game and mention this.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 11:38 AM
Forsead

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
Diaz will be gone before the end of the season. He is just too small for the NHL.
Weber will hopefully be traded to keep the space open for Campoli.
HE'S 5'11 194 lbs how is that too smal for the NHL ?

Forsead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 11:43 AM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
Snowing the goalie penalty. Give me a break, that was a call given based on Subban's league-wide "rep" as as "no respect guy" and nothing else.

Carey Price gets snowed 2-3 times a game minimum and I've NEVER seen this called. Blunden's legal check on the puck carrier is another sheer genius call. Would have been nice to see Martin rip the refs apart after the game and mention this.
Martin did speak about the refs and the calls they made in the 1st period. He doesn't need to rip apart the refs in the media...

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 11:48 AM
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
Martin did speak about the refs and the calls they made in the 1st period. He doesn't need to rip apart the refs in the media...
What was said exactly?

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 11:48 AM
JackZap

considering all the ******** penalties, overtaxing players because of the PK and 2 games in 2 nights, result isnt that horrendous

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 11:55 AM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
What was said exactly?
http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/329545.html

Quote:
"Les deux", a répondu Jacques Martin quand on lui a demandé s’il blâmait ses joueurs ou les arbitres pour le nombre de punitions décernées à son club.
he blame the refs and the players.

CareyClutch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 12:11 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
considering all the ******** penalties, overtaxing players because of the PK and 2 games in 2 nights, result isnt that horrendous
You're right.. The Habs didn't quit and if just one of the 4 posts they hit went in the Habs get atleast a point out of that cluster**** of a game..

Brutal reffing aside I'm more concerned about the Habs lack of discipline yet again this season.. In the back to back games this weekend the Habs had 4 PP's while the opposition had 13 PP's.. I shouldn't be surprised really since it's been that way since JM started coaching the Habs..

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 12:28 PM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingshotVv View Post
Always fun when Montreal comes into town, and all NYC's former Quebecois come to the Garden in their Kirk Muller, Lyle Odelein, and Yves Racine jerseys. Not kidding about the last one either, I was right behind the guy getting a prime rib sandwich. I had to look the guy up just to see if he even played a full season in Montreal. 72 games. Odd jersey choice.

A lot of questionable calls last night too. Snowing the goalie? Dubinsky got 2 for that a few games ago just as we were clawing our way back into the game. Momentum killer. Ridiculous call for the refs to pull out late in games. Still, I award three classless Subbans and one Avery being Avery for the shower.

The other was probably the non-instigator call on Cally. But with the Hab entering the ice illegally and laying someone out probably negated anyone else being considered an instigator in the fight.

Max Pax really hawks the puck in the offensive zone, and Cole looked great in coverage away from the puck, and strong on it last night. Both players are now on my fantasy watchlist

I'll be up your way late in the season, hoping to catch the March 3rd Canadiens v Leafs match.

I was in New York this past March and watched the Rangers cream the Habs in MSG. Despite the score I still had a great time. It was a pleasure to be amongst real hockey fans in a classic arena, especially since my last out-of-town game was in Florida, where it seemed none of the Panthers fans bothered to show up.

Enjoy your trip!

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 12:58 PM
ChoseLa

Too bad Blunden got a penalty, because that was a beautiful clean hit. Props to you Mr Blunden.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 01:10 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
You wanted Gill to fight Dubinsky so he could get thrown out of the game too?
YES !!!! Please... OMG are you kidding me ? You wouldn't take a trade off of Gill for Dubinsky ?

Old
11-06-2011, 01:16 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
HE'S 5'11 194 lbs how is that too smal for the NHL ?
Not a chance, i saw him on the south shore at practise this week, he is barely 175-180. And 5'11, in high heels maybe.

Old
11-06-2011, 01:22 PM
Alaix
I believe.

That says it all...

Excluding 2 fights:

01:24 MTL Max Pacioretty : Boarding - 2 min
04:18 MTL Mathieu Darche : Too many men/ice - bench - 2 min
04:18 MTL Mike Blunden served by Andrei Kostitsyn : Interference - 2 min
04:18 MTL Petteri Nokelainen : Game misconduct - 0 min
04:18 MTL Hal Gill : Roughing - 2 min
08:21 MTL David Desharnais : Hooking - 2 min
10:48 MTL David Desharnais : Tripping - 2 min
00:45 MTL Tomas Plekanec : Hooking - 2 min
08:17 MTL Brian Gionta : Hi-sticking - 2 min
14:56 MTL Yannick Weber : Hi-sticking - 2 min
13:19 MTL P.K. Subban : Unsportsmanlike conduct - 2 min

TOTAL PIM: 20

10:40 NYR Ryan McDonagh : Holding - 2 min
11:48 NYR Henrik Lundqvist served by Ruslan Fedotenko : Holding - 2 min
04:18 NYR Michael Sauer : Game misconduct - 0 min
04:18 NYR Brandon Dubinsky : Roughing - 2 min

TOTAL PIM: 6

Alaix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 01:26 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingshotVv View Post

The thought didn't cross your mind that he was Yves Racine.

Just wonderin

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote