HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Shootout City!

Old
11-06-2011, 06:40 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
Chain, funny you put that goal squarely on Ehrhoff there. I had to rewind several times and I still can't put a firm blame on either of the three. Here's my logic:

- its on Ehrhoff for changing before he was sure we had possession or the puck was low enough. He could have also been more adamant about it, instead of gliding to the bench and waiving his hand lightly.

- It's also on Myers, who knew Ehrhoff was his man, could have jumped on a good second and a half earlier. Could have been a bench brain fart

- finally, Leino could have been more alert and looked around to see that, with Ehrhoff changing, he was the last man back and could have angled Condra if he began pursuing.

Blame all around IMO
Watch how the Hoff goes off there -- they don't have possession and he lollygags to the bench for the change, getting their late so that Myers is going to be late coming on and in no position to get to the man. Rej may have been able to break that up with an aggressive move in the Sens zone or going fully passive and conceding the blue and red line, re-setting in the neutral zone. But he's got to be thinking Ehrhoff is behind him on the hinge there -- so that means Hoff wasn't talking about what he was doing and they had a communication breakdown as well.

11-06-2011, 07:11 AM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by sba View Post
Worked fine for me tonight?? I've had one hiccup with it so far that was solved by relogging in.
It was fine until late in the first when it just suddenly stopped, and the message said that I needed too subcribe. Even though I was already logged in. I logged out and back in, no change. Several people in the GCL sticky thread had the same problem with other games as well. Between that and the useless ps3 app I am fed up with GCL. They can suck a bag of pucks.

Play4Miracles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 12:28 PM
dire wolf
be cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Watch how the Hoff goes off there -- they don't have possession and he lollygags to the bench for the change, getting their late so that Myers is going to be late coming on and in no position to get to the man. Rej may have been able to break that up with an aggressive move in the Sens zone or going fully passive and conceding the blue and red line, re-setting in the neutral zone. But he's got to be thinking Ehrhoff is behind him on the hinge there -- so that means Hoff wasn't talking about what he was doing and they had a communication breakdown as well.
I was watching on my DVR last night and went back and rewound that play about 6 times to try to figure out what happened. I put that about 70% on 'Hoff, 15% on Rej and 15% on Leino. It was just a complete breakdown all around.

On the other goal, Myers got schooled by Michalek. He tried to play the puck, not the body, and got burned.

dire wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 02:58 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseoke39 View Post
Gerbe's interior monologue: "I want the ****ing puck! I ****ing want it! ****ing give it to me - give it to me now! I'm hitting you! Who's got the puck? You've got the puck! I'm hitting you! Give me the ****ing puck!"

That sounds about right

joshjull is offline   Reply With Quote