HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Isles-Columbus

Old
11-06-2011, 05:03 PM
ziggy7716

vCash: 500
Isles-Columbus

When Nino's conditioning stint is over in Bridgeport and comes back up to play, someone has to sit as we all know. It's pretty much between 2 players, Blake Comeau and Josh Bailey, everyone else isn't even a option. Some may suggest Pandolfo, but that's not going to happen so might as well throw that out the window. He's been great on the PK and everytime he's on the ice he does what is asked from him. With that said, both Bailey and Comeau aren't guys that are just scratched for a long period of time, I really think Snow may make a move when that time comes. I think Columbus would be a great trade partner right now, they are all kinds of hurting right now and one would think some sort of shake-up will happen, so here is my proposal.

TO CBJ: Blake Comeau, Josh Bailey and Mike Mottau

TO NYI: Derrick Brassard, Fedor Tyutin and either a 2nd or 3rd rd pick.

Comeau leaving frees up the spot for Nino, Derrick Brassard is highly skilled, he had 17 goals and 30 helpers last season in Columbus, I think he is currently better then Bailey while also having a higher ceiling. Slotting him on a line with Okposo and Grabner I think would be excellent for both KO and Grabner as he's a playmaker, and also a better option for a 2nd line center then Nielsen. Tyutin would be a real good addition to the defense core and easily slots into the top 4 d slot.

Moulson-Tavares-Niederreiter
Grabner-Brassard-Okposo
Parenteau-Nielsen-Rolston
Martin-Reasoner-Pandolfo

Streit-MacDonald
Hamonic-Tyutin
Staios-Eaton

Thoughts? Fair value? would Columbus bite?

ziggy7716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 05:13 PM
scott99

I think Columbus says no

scott99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 05:15 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

If Brassard is better than Bailey, how is this fair value unless you're implying that Comeau is much better than the "top 4 defenseman" Tyutin? Plus, Columbus throws in a pick for the privilege of taking Mike Mottau? Eh.

Richie Daggers Crime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 05:23 PM
ZMan17
U of A!!!

Send a message via AIM to ZMan17
Would Bailey for Brassard straight up be even? I don't really know much about Brassard, but since bost have been struggling with their respective teams, maybe a change of scenery can help both sides (a la Wolski-Mueller trade)? Would either side have to add more to the deal?

ZMan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 05:37 PM
ziggy7716

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMan17 View Post
Would Bailey for Brassard straight up be even? I don't really know much about Brassard, but since bost have been struggling with their respective teams, maybe a change of scenery can help both sides (a la Wolski-Mueller trade)? Would either side have to add more to the deal?
I would imagine that they wouldn't do it straight up. I think taking out the pick coming back to us in my original proposal would be more fair.

Bailey, Comeau and Mottau for Brassard and Tyutin. They maybe more inclined to accept that one.

ziggy7716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 05:50 PM
Symon Asher

Columbus would never do this. Tytin is a legit top 4 D man Motau would clear waivers if he was sent down. Columbus needs D TUytin is not going anywhere

Symon Asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 06:36 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

That's horrible value for Columbus.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 06:59 PM
JT91

lock up thread

JT91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 07:12 PM
Dutch Frost
Everything is Fine!!

I hate these threads for the sole purpose that most people will #1 say they will want more because we are the Islanders and #2 most of you would overpay for nonsense. Brassard??? Really??? How will he help this team elevate to the next level?

Trade - Nabakov -Comeau- Bailey (id add Okposo if they asked for him instead) and 2012 2nd rd pick

For Rick Nash And Fedor Tytin

Nash-Tavares-NINO/Grabner = 1st line

Columbus is looking to rebuild all over again and it does not look good for Rick Nash who is stuck in a team that has been picking top draft picks with zero luck.

Nash is JT's new Winger who can lead the team on the ice and in the locker room. He can help ease the pressure off JT and the 2 of them would be make for a sick tandem for many years to come. Nash is only 27 years old and the Islanders should do whatever it takes to get someone of his caliber on this team.

Of course it wont happen because we are the Islanders and we have a plan and were sticking to it.

Dutch Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 07:18 PM
startainfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Frost View Post
I hate these threads for the sole purpose that most people will #1 say they will want more because we are the Islanders and #2 most of you would overpay for nonsense. Brassard??? Really??? How will he help this team elevate to the next level?

Trade - Nabakov -Comeau- Bailey (id add Okposo if they asked for him instead) and 2012 2nd rd pick

Nash-Tavares-NINO/Grabner = 1st line

Columbus is looking to rebuild all over again and it does not look good for Rick Nash who is stuck in a team that has been picking top draft picks with zero luck.

Nash is JT's new Winger who can lead the team on the ice and in the locker room. He can help ease the pressure off JT and the 2 of them would be make for a sick tandem for many years to come. Nash is only 27 years old and the Islanders should do whatever it takes to get someone of his caliber on this team.

Of course it wont happen because we are the Islanders and we have a plan and were sticking to it.
nash never led a team to anything, i want an established leader that can play, not a young vet that needs a leader for himself

startainfection is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 07:20 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO

vCash: 615
Colombus says no but if they continue to slide and start to consider trading guys, Isles should jump on that if they start to play .500 hockey or better and based on how the goalie rotation has gone, Montoya should be getting his oppurtunity soon so going .500 or higher is a possibility.

I'd target 4 guys, Brassard, Vermette, Tyutin and Methot.

I just don't know what they will do. Will they just collect their losses and not do an overhaul or realize the mistake, cut their losses (i.e. trade) and try to reconstruct the team.

If it's collect their losses and stay away from a major overhaul that still means they can look to trade and if so, I'd do Bailey and Nabokov for Vermette. Also, try and get Tyutin as well but sticking with the first proposal, they have Johansen, Brassard and Carter down the middle no? Take Vermette then who is signed on for 3.75 for 3-4 more years.

He is better then Bailey, plays in all situations and adds speed to the lineup. With Montoya playing the way he did (when he played..) there is some flexibility there with Nabokov. Colombus does this because Mason blows and Nabokov gives them a number one for the rest of the year and can re-up him after the season. Bailey is there for roster reasons and maybe with a change of scenery he takes off for them.

If the deal was able to expand with the Isles taking back a roster forward, Tyutin and the Isles giving back Comeau, Mottau (roster reasons) and a first I'd be ecstatic. You upgrade the center depth/3rd line and the defense without seriously hurting your future or current team.

Note- Colombus won't start selling tomorrow. They won't next week, or so I think. So this isn't about rushing to get Nabokov out of here.

Kevin27nyi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 07:53 PM
jdr016

You would have to offer Nabakov. Columbus' goaltending situation is putrid and they have a top 5 payroll. They are in "win now" mode. Howson needs to save his job. If you add Nabakov to a similar package proposed by the OP, you might be able to get an overpayment as it comes to younger talent.

EDIT: I didn't see Tyutin originally. Columbus just signed him to a long term deal. So I don't think they move him. But, I do think the Islanders and Columbus are good trading partners right now!

jdr016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 07:53 PM
Dutch Frost
Everything is Fine!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by startainfection View Post
nash never led a team to anything, i want an established leader that can play, not a young vet that needs a leader for himself
You mean Bill Guerin Dough Weight or Brian Rolston There all established leaders that can play..

Nash is a 5 time all star a gold medal winner in both the World Championship and Olympics.

The guy has no one to play with.. hell that could very well be John Tavares in 7 years. An All Star on an awful team

Nash does not need a leader, he is one. Him and JT would provide great leadership to the team. Nash will take the load off JT and score on his own. The opposing team would have a hard time focusing on the 2 of them on the ice. Add Nino/Martin to bang in the center or Grabner with his team and you have a solid first line that will put points up each and every night.

Old
11-06-2011, 07:57 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO

vCash: 615
Tavares has a high compete level, determination and desire. Nash does not.

Kevin27nyi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 08:00 PM
Dutch Frost
Everything is Fine!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr016 View Post
You would have to offer Nabakov. Columbus' goaltending situation is putrid and they have a top 5 payroll. They are in "win now" mode. Howson needs to save his job. If you add Nabakov to a similar package proposed by the OP, you might be able to get an overpayment as it comes to younger talent.
Listen, every team is in a win mode now but reality sinks in and then you can get more by giving up center pieces that could benefit you in the long run. Nabakov is the best goalie available that is a fact. We have plently of top young talent as well and they have some pieces we want. Lets sit down and make things happen...

Old
11-06-2011, 08:03 PM
jdr016

Quote:
Listen, every team is in a win mode now...
Yes, but this is Columbus' biggest payroll ever. Ownership is frustrated and attendance has become an issue. Now, people are beginning to question whether hockey can work in Columbus. Quebec City has begun looking to Columbus just as much as Phoenix and even, yes, Long Island.

jdr016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 08:06 PM
Dutch Frost
Everything is Fine!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin27NYI View Post
Tavares has a high compete level, determination and desire. Nash does not.
LOL And you know this how? He is lazy yet won the Rocket Richard trophy and made it to the all star game and Team Canada only because they needed someone to represent Columbus

Old
11-06-2011, 08:12 PM
BelovedIsles

Send a message via AIM to BelovedIsles
Quote:
Lets sit down and make things happen...
If only we had those GM'ing powers.

BelovedIsles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 08:22 PM
M Moulson Ale
Brockoli

Quote:
LOL And you know this how? He is lazy yet won the Rocket Richard trophy and made it to the all star game and Team Canada only because they needed someone to represent Columbus
Rocket Richards and Art Rosses are not the same as Hart Trophies and Ted Lindseys....Alex Semin puts up points but he is lazy. Though I would think he has learned his lesson.
I'm not saying I wouldn't want Nash, but when you are on a losing team and you are the best player for 10 years, you are going to start to get sick of it after awhile. Points for me and not the team mentality.....

M Moulson Ale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 08:24 PM
Dutch Frost
Everything is Fine!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr016 View Post
Yes, but this is Columbus' biggest payroll ever. Ownership is frustrated and attendance has become an issue. Now, people are beginning to question whether hockey can work in Columbus. Quebec City has begun looking to Columbus just as much as Phoenix and even, yes, Long Island.
Yeah your 100% right with the Columbus situation which is why you throw them a great package for Nash and Fedor. Cuts payroll at the same time adds young players and a solid goalie

Old
11-06-2011, 09:18 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:

Hah. Good luck with that one.

Richie Daggers Crime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 09:39 PM
A Pointed Stick
There Is Always...

vCash: 250
I give the thread creator mad props for trying to make something palatable for the Jackets and the Isles. Sadly, there is no chance in hell that deal goes down. We could waste our time explaining why, but let's just go right to the CBJ roster and explore what they have, and what they could afford to give away. Let's start with the defense:

Johnson (lol), Clitsome, Tyutin, Wiz (No thank you), Russell (Midget), Moore, Martinek (done, and not happening anyway), &
Methot. Peel off the ones we wouldn't want and you are left with:
Clitsome @ $1.1
Tyutin @ $3.4
Moore @ small potatoes
Methot @ 2.25

Methot, Moore, & Clitsome are all affordable pieces so what would be the point of moving them anyway? Clitsome is in the doghouse, but still, he isn't in Wiz's doghouse who is making 7 million this year. I dare anyone to tell me that isn't the stupidest salary for a defenseman. Then you have Tyutin who is their best defenseman. Who in their right mind trades away their best defenseman when your team is struggling and you are worried about retaining Nash? Kinda send the wrong signals, right? So it isn't happening.

For the forwards they have Nash, and a bunch of 2nd thru 4th liners, plumbers, and kids. The one guy who they likely would give away to us for free is Brassard. He's like disappearing Bailey, only older and costs $3 million. So yeah, they are desperate for a trade, but what they will do is offer us a pick or picks. No thanks, we need live players these days.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 11:24 PM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 146
I know its a complete hypothetical situation but screw it what do you guys think it would take to get Nash to the Island

Bunk Moreland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 11:40 PM
original islander

Is everyone insane? Rick Nash is their John Tavares although JT will entually be much better. They will never trade Nash. Jeff Carter however could be in play after he gets back from the broken foot.

original islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 12:10 AM
redbull
game on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin De Haan Job View Post
I know its a complete hypothetical situation but screw it what do you guys think it would take to get Nash to the Island
this is pure fantasy at every level.

wang won't spend the money.
cbj would never trade their best player unless they got a potential game changer, that can only be tavares.

there won't be any deals in columbus, they will change lines (like the nyi) or benchings & call ups (like the nyi) or change the coach or gm.

columbus has more talent than the nyi, except in goal, amazing to see how bad they are these days. but I seriously doubt that nyi fringe prospects/players are the answer.

nabokov & mottau for methot.

Last edited by redbull: 11-07-2011 at 09:35 AM.
redbull is offline   Reply With Quote