HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects-Major Junior (CHL), NCAA, Europe

Closed Thread

Old
10-16-2011, 12:24 PM
Kaizen

vCash: 500
What's his dad doing now? I see he's no longer listed as the Coyotes European scout.

Old
10-16-2011, 12:47 PM
PhoPhan

Q fans: Brandon Gormley has 9 goals in 9 games but is already a -11. Can anyone comment on his play? Does he look fully recovered from his leg injury?

Old
10-16-2011, 01:56 PM
Kaizen

Nine points with 6 of them goals.

I haven't seen him play but he does put up points on the PP. Regardless that +/- is starting to look like an eyesore.

Edit: In fact, all of his 6 goals to date have been scored on the man-advantage.

Edit: All of his 9 points to date were recorded on the PP.

Last edited by Kaizen: 10-16-2011 at 02:05 PM.
Old
10-20-2011, 09:47 AM
Kaizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan View Post
Q fans: Brandon Gormley has 9 goals in 9 games but is already a -11. Can anyone comment on his play? Does he look fully recovered from his leg injury?
I certainly didn't mean to dissuade anyone from answering/responding to Pho's post.

Any thoughts on Gormley's play and/or recovery?

Old
10-20-2011, 09:52 AM
PhoPhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizen View Post
I certainly didn't mean to dissuade anyone from answering/responding to Pho's post.

Any thoughts on Gormley's play and/or recovery?
By "Q fans," I should have just said "Chootoi," I guess. But he hasn't been around in a while.

Old
10-20-2011, 07:43 PM
Chootoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan View Post
By "Q fans," I should have just said "Chootoi," I guess. But he hasn't been around in a while.
I'm stil here reading, I just haven't posted for awhile.

Gormley looked a bit inconsistent the first few games back from camp, which you would expect I guess as he gets readjusted to junior again. He's getting better every game though and the offense is really popping out. He must have been working on his shot over the summer because it's miles improved from last year. Extremely accurate. He'll be relied on heavily for offense I believe because Moncton has huge problems with secondary scoring this year. Gormley will get lots of minutes.

Knee looks good. Doesn't seem to be an issue at all IMO.

I would expect that Moncton will be looking to trade him at Christmas though and fetch a huge return. This year the Q are Memorial cup hosts which means they send 2 teams to the tournament. Should be lots of buyers.

Old
10-20-2011, 09:11 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Domingue: 4-0-1, 1.19, 0.958

Old
10-29-2011, 12:40 AM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Domingue gets his second shutout of the season.

5-1-1-1
2.07 GAA (1st QMJHL)
0.936 SAV% (1st QMJHL)

Old
10-29-2011, 05:15 AM
_Del_

vCash: 50
Those are pretty strong numbers -- especially for the Q.

Old
11-01-2011, 07:57 PM
Waldo

2010 Draft

Brandon Gormley 13th overall 2010

Mark Visentin 27th overall 2010

I was just looking up some stats for the WHL and thought this miight be interesting. I know there were several persons at the Coyotes Board advocating for Emerson Etem and were disappointed that we didn't pick him. He went 29th to Anaheim. Many of us were thrilled that Gormley dropped to us at 13 and many were disappointed that we chose a goalie with a 1st rd pick @27 that could have been available in the 2nd rd.

Anyhow out of interest

Emerson Etem 2011/2012

2nd in WHL scoring 15 GP 21 G / 10 A / 31 pts.

1 pt less than top scorer @ 32pts. next highest goal scorer has 11 goals. Etem has almost double that. Wouldn't he be looking good as a Coyotes prospect right now. I know it's water under the bridge and I'm not trying to flame.

Old
11-01-2011, 08:16 PM
PhoPhan

The issues I had with Etem on draft day are still there. He's a very gifted athlete but I'm just not sure he has the hockey sense to translate those abilities to the pros.

He's certainly not making me more confident about my prediction, though.

Old
11-01-2011, 09:43 PM
Kaizen

Dave "Charlie" Manson has been hired as an assistant coach in Prince Albert. Hopefully he can tutor young Ruopp into the bruising blue liner we all covet, even if it's 4 or 5 years down the road.

Old
11-01-2011, 09:57 PM
Kaizen

Darian Dziurzynski for Cy Young

9-0 for 9 points so far.

Last edited by Kaizen: 11-01-2011 at 10:10 PM.
Old
11-01-2011, 10:40 PM
_Del_

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizen View Post
Dave "Charlie" Manson has been hired as an assistant coach in Prince Albert. Hopefully he can tutor young Ruopp into the bruising blue liner we all covet, even if it's 4 or 5 years down the road.
I've always liked Charlie. I still hate Momesso.

Old
11-03-2011, 03:56 PM
robbiezyg

vCash: 1234
Just popping in to inquire about chris brown. i've followed him since his draft year as i have him in my keeper league and i noticed that he is having a hot start to the year in college. Any chance phoenix signs him after this season?

Old
11-03-2011, 04:11 PM
PhoPhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiezyg View Post
Just popping in to inquire about chris brown. i've followed him since his draft year as i have him in my keeper league and i noticed that he is having a hot start to the year in college. Any chance phoenix signs him after this season?
Hot start indeed, almost double his career PPG average. No idea if the Coyotes will try to sign him, or if he even wants to at this point.

Old
11-03-2011, 08:50 PM
Kaizen

The runout was the Don wanted to sign Brown prior to this season so he'll probably be prepared to do so again after this current season is over.

Old
11-04-2011, 12:01 AM
Kaibur

The article from a couple of days ago on HF says that Mike Lee has a lower body injury and might be out for the season. Anyone have any news on that? He wasn't putting up great numbers to start the season, but St. Cloud isn't a powerhouse either.

Old
11-06-2011, 07:56 PM
Sindiggy
Go Desert Dogs

Gormley apparently has been named captain of the Q team for the super series...good to see.

http://en.lhjmq.qc.ca/article/brando...y-super-series

Old
11-07-2011, 09:37 AM
Chootoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindiggy View Post
Gormley apparently has been named captain of the Q team for the super series...good to see.

http://en.lhjmq.qc.ca/article/brando...y-super-series
He's looked real good the past few weeks. He should have no problem making the WJC team for Canada. I don't think he's guaranteed by any means, and they might be a bit hesitant to take him because of the past injury but he'll be at the camp for sure. From there he can easily play his way on.

Old
11-07-2011, 11:21 AM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chootoi View Post
He's looked real good the past few weeks. He should have no problem making the WJC team for Canada. I don't think he's guaranteed by any means, and they might be a bit hesitant to take him because of the past injury but he'll be at the camp for sure. From there he can easily play his way on.
Points are there but the plus/minus is concerning.

That being said I'm not familiar enough with his team to know how reflective that stat is of the team or Gormely himself. I do believe Gormely is still recovering from the injury he sustained last year.

In regards to the WJC, Gormely would have been on it last year if it wasn't for the injury. Furthermore, he should have made it the year before. I know Pierre Macguire was quite vocal about Gormely being left off that year.

Old
11-07-2011, 11:36 AM
Chootoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
Points are there but the plus/minus is concerning.

That being said I'm not familiar enough with his team to know how reflective that stat is of the team or Gormely himself. I do believe Gormely is still recovering from the injury he sustained last year.

In regards to the WJC, Gormely would have been on it last year if it wasn't for the injury. Furthermore, he should have made it the year before. I know Pierre Macguire was quite vocal about Gormely being left off that year.
His team was pretty terrible in October but they're back on a 4 game win streak. In fact Gormley had the SO winner last night. There's not a lot of scoring depth or defensive depth on the team so Gormley gets to eat up a lot of minutes on a low scoring team. That's a bit of a recipe for bad +/- but it's one of those situations where a number doesn't tell the whole story. He's been their best player along with the Saulnier twins.

I had mentioned before in this thread that the injury doesn't look like it's been a problem at all. He's got lots of mobility and he's never been a speedster anyway. Team Canada will still take a long look at him I would imagine.

Old
11-07-2011, 12:34 PM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chootoi View Post
His team was pretty terrible in October but they're back on a 4 game win streak. In fact Gormley had the SO winner last night. There's not a lot of scoring depth or defensive depth on the team so Gormley gets to eat up a lot of minutes on a low scoring team. That's a bit of a recipe for bad +/- but it's one of those situations where a number doesn't tell the whole story. He's been their best player along with the Saulnier twins.

I had mentioned before in this thread that the injury doesn't look like it's been a problem at all. He's got lots of mobility and he's never been a speedster anyway. Team Canada will still take a long look at him I would imagine.
Awesome. I for one appreciate the updates. Have the PVR set for the game tonight. Hopefully Gormely puts on a show.

Old
11-08-2011, 05:25 AM
DWD

Well I watched the game last night and really enjoyed it.
I was excited to see Gormley play. It wasn't his best game.
He may still may be recovering from his injury as he really struggled
with the speed of the game.His decision making was not good.
However, that was only one game. No big deal.
Hopefully he has a better game next time.

Old
11-08-2011, 07:05 AM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWD View Post
Well I watched the game last night and really enjoyed it.
I was excited to see Gormley play. It wasn't his best game.
He may still may be recovering from his injury as he really struggled
with the speed of the game.His decision making was not good.
However, that was only one game. No big deal.
Hopefully he has a better game next time.
Honestly, Gormely may have played his way off of Team Canada with that stinker.

Closed Thread