HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects-Major Junior (CHL), NCAA, Europe

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-16-2011, 12:24 PM
  #351
Kaizen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Prince George B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,122
vCash: 500
What's his dad doing now? I see he's no longer listed as the Coyotes European scout.

Kaizen is offline  
Old
10-16-2011, 12:47 PM
  #352
PhoPhan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 13,229
vCash: 500
Q fans: Brandon Gormley has 9 goals in 9 games but is already a -11. Can anyone comment on his play? Does he look fully recovered from his leg injury?

PhoPhan is offline  
Old
10-16-2011, 01:56 PM
  #353
Kaizen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Prince George B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,122
vCash: 500
Nine points with 6 of them goals.

I haven't seen him play but he does put up points on the PP. Regardless that +/- is starting to look like an eyesore.

Edit: In fact, all of his 6 goals to date have been scored on the man-advantage.

Edit: All of his 9 points to date were recorded on the PP.


Last edited by Kaizen: 10-16-2011 at 02:05 PM.
Kaizen is offline  
Old
10-20-2011, 09:47 AM
  #354
Kaizen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Prince George B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan View Post
Q fans: Brandon Gormley has 9 goals in 9 games but is already a -11. Can anyone comment on his play? Does he look fully recovered from his leg injury?
I certainly didn't mean to dissuade anyone from answering/responding to Pho's post.

Any thoughts on Gormley's play and/or recovery?

Kaizen is offline  
Old
10-20-2011, 09:52 AM
  #355
PhoPhan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 13,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizen View Post
I certainly didn't mean to dissuade anyone from answering/responding to Pho's post.

Any thoughts on Gormley's play and/or recovery?
By "Q fans," I should have just said "Chootoi," I guess. But he hasn't been around in a while.

PhoPhan is offline  
Old
10-20-2011, 07:43 PM
  #356
Chootoi
Registered User
 
Chootoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan View Post
By "Q fans," I should have just said "Chootoi," I guess. But he hasn't been around in a while.
I'm stil here reading, I just haven't posted for awhile.

Gormley looked a bit inconsistent the first few games back from camp, which you would expect I guess as he gets readjusted to junior again. He's getting better every game though and the offense is really popping out. He must have been working on his shot over the summer because it's miles improved from last year. Extremely accurate. He'll be relied on heavily for offense I believe because Moncton has huge problems with secondary scoring this year. Gormley will get lots of minutes.

Knee looks good. Doesn't seem to be an issue at all IMO.

I would expect that Moncton will be looking to trade him at Christmas though and fetch a huge return. This year the Q are Memorial cup hosts which means they send 2 teams to the tournament. Should be lots of buyers.

Chootoi is offline  
Old
10-20-2011, 09:11 PM
  #357
SergeConstantin74
Always right.
 
SergeConstantin74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,698
vCash: 500
Domingue: 4-0-1, 1.19, 0.958

SergeConstantin74 is offline  
Old
10-29-2011, 12:40 AM
  #358
SergeConstantin74
Always right.
 
SergeConstantin74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,698
vCash: 500
Domingue gets his second shutout of the season.

5-1-1-1
2.07 GAA (1st QMJHL)
0.936 SAV% (1st QMJHL)

SergeConstantin74 is offline  
Old
10-29-2011, 05:15 AM
  #359
_Del_
Registered User
 
_Del_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SkullcrusherMountain
Posts: 2,943
vCash: 50
Those are pretty strong numbers -- especially for the Q.

_Del_ is offline  
Old
11-01-2011, 07:57 PM
  #360
Waldo
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,890
vCash: 500
2010 Draft

Brandon Gormley 13th overall 2010

Mark Visentin 27th overall 2010

I was just looking up some stats for the WHL and thought this miight be interesting. I know there were several persons at the Coyotes Board advocating for Emerson Etem and were disappointed that we didn't pick him. He went 29th to Anaheim. Many of us were thrilled that Gormley dropped to us at 13 and many were disappointed that we chose a goalie with a 1st rd pick @27 that could have been available in the 2nd rd.

Anyhow out of interest

Emerson Etem 2011/2012

2nd in WHL scoring 15 GP 21 G / 10 A / 31 pts.

1 pt less than top scorer @ 32pts. next highest goal scorer has 11 goals. Etem has almost double that. Wouldn't he be looking good as a Coyotes prospect right now. I know it's water under the bridge and I'm not trying to flame.

Waldo is offline  
Old
11-01-2011, 08:16 PM
  #361
PhoPhan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 13,229
vCash: 500
The issues I had with Etem on draft day are still there. He's a very gifted athlete but I'm just not sure he has the hockey sense to translate those abilities to the pros.

He's certainly not making me more confident about my prediction, though.

PhoPhan is offline  
Old
11-01-2011, 09:43 PM
  #362
Kaizen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Prince George B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,122
vCash: 500
Dave "Charlie" Manson has been hired as an assistant coach in Prince Albert. Hopefully he can tutor young Ruopp into the bruising blue liner we all covet, even if it's 4 or 5 years down the road.

Kaizen is offline  
Old
11-01-2011, 09:57 PM
  #363
Kaizen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Prince George B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,122
vCash: 500
Darian Dziurzynski for Cy Young

9-0 for 9 points so far.


Last edited by Kaizen: 11-01-2011 at 10:10 PM.
Kaizen is offline  
Old
11-01-2011, 10:40 PM
  #364
_Del_
Registered User
 
_Del_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SkullcrusherMountain
Posts: 2,943
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizen View Post
Dave "Charlie" Manson has been hired as an assistant coach in Prince Albert. Hopefully he can tutor young Ruopp into the bruising blue liner we all covet, even if it's 4 or 5 years down the road.
I've always liked Charlie. I still hate Momesso.

_Del_ is offline  
Old
11-03-2011, 03:56 PM
  #365
robbiezyg
Registered User
 
robbiezyg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,453
vCash: 1234
Just popping in to inquire about chris brown. i've followed him since his draft year as i have him in my keeper league and i noticed that he is having a hot start to the year in college. Any chance phoenix signs him after this season?

robbiezyg is offline  
Old
11-03-2011, 04:11 PM
  #366
PhoPhan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 13,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiezyg View Post
Just popping in to inquire about chris brown. i've followed him since his draft year as i have him in my keeper league and i noticed that he is having a hot start to the year in college. Any chance phoenix signs him after this season?
Hot start indeed, almost double his career PPG average. No idea if the Coyotes will try to sign him, or if he even wants to at this point.

PhoPhan is offline  
Old
11-03-2011, 08:50 PM
  #367
Kaizen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Prince George B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,122
vCash: 500
The runout was the Don wanted to sign Brown prior to this season so he'll probably be prepared to do so again after this current season is over.

Kaizen is offline  
Old
11-04-2011, 12:01 AM
  #368
Kaibur
Registered User
 
Kaibur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,401
vCash: 500
The article from a couple of days ago on HF says that Mike Lee has a lower body injury and might be out for the season. Anyone have any news on that? He wasn't putting up great numbers to start the season, but St. Cloud isn't a powerhouse either.

Kaibur is offline  
Old
11-06-2011, 07:56 PM
  #369
Sindiggy
Go Desert Dogs
 
Sindiggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chandler, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,563
vCash: 500
Gormley apparently has been named captain of the Q team for the super series...good to see.

http://en.lhjmq.qc.ca/article/brando...y-super-series

Sindiggy is offline  
Old
11-07-2011, 09:37 AM
  #370
Chootoi
Registered User
 
Chootoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindiggy View Post
Gormley apparently has been named captain of the Q team for the super series...good to see.

http://en.lhjmq.qc.ca/article/brando...y-super-series
He's looked real good the past few weeks. He should have no problem making the WJC team for Canada. I don't think he's guaranteed by any means, and they might be a bit hesitant to take him because of the past injury but he'll be at the camp for sure. From there he can easily play his way on.

Chootoi is offline  
Old
11-07-2011, 11:21 AM
  #371
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chootoi View Post
He's looked real good the past few weeks. He should have no problem making the WJC team for Canada. I don't think he's guaranteed by any means, and they might be a bit hesitant to take him because of the past injury but he'll be at the camp for sure. From there he can easily play his way on.
Points are there but the plus/minus is concerning.

That being said I'm not familiar enough with his team to know how reflective that stat is of the team or Gormely himself. I do believe Gormely is still recovering from the injury he sustained last year.

In regards to the WJC, Gormely would have been on it last year if it wasn't for the injury. Furthermore, he should have made it the year before. I know Pierre Macguire was quite vocal about Gormely being left off that year.

hbk is offline  
Old
11-07-2011, 11:36 AM
  #372
Chootoi
Registered User
 
Chootoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
Points are there but the plus/minus is concerning.

That being said I'm not familiar enough with his team to know how reflective that stat is of the team or Gormely himself. I do believe Gormely is still recovering from the injury he sustained last year.

In regards to the WJC, Gormely would have been on it last year if it wasn't for the injury. Furthermore, he should have made it the year before. I know Pierre Macguire was quite vocal about Gormely being left off that year.
His team was pretty terrible in October but they're back on a 4 game win streak. In fact Gormley had the SO winner last night. There's not a lot of scoring depth or defensive depth on the team so Gormley gets to eat up a lot of minutes on a low scoring team. That's a bit of a recipe for bad +/- but it's one of those situations where a number doesn't tell the whole story. He's been their best player along with the Saulnier twins.

I had mentioned before in this thread that the injury doesn't look like it's been a problem at all. He's got lots of mobility and he's never been a speedster anyway. Team Canada will still take a long look at him I would imagine.

Chootoi is offline  
Old
11-07-2011, 12:34 PM
  #373
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chootoi View Post
His team was pretty terrible in October but they're back on a 4 game win streak. In fact Gormley had the SO winner last night. There's not a lot of scoring depth or defensive depth on the team so Gormley gets to eat up a lot of minutes on a low scoring team. That's a bit of a recipe for bad +/- but it's one of those situations where a number doesn't tell the whole story. He's been their best player along with the Saulnier twins.

I had mentioned before in this thread that the injury doesn't look like it's been a problem at all. He's got lots of mobility and he's never been a speedster anyway. Team Canada will still take a long look at him I would imagine.
Awesome. I for one appreciate the updates. Have the PVR set for the game tonight. Hopefully Gormely puts on a show.

hbk is offline  
Old
11-08-2011, 05:25 AM
  #374
DWD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 78
vCash: 500
Well I watched the game last night and really enjoyed it.
I was excited to see Gormley play. It wasn't his best game.
He may still may be recovering from his injury as he really struggled
with the speed of the game.His decision making was not good.
However, that was only one game. No big deal.
Hopefully he has a better game next time.

DWD is offline  
Old
11-08-2011, 07:05 AM
  #375
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWD View Post
Well I watched the game last night and really enjoyed it.
I was excited to see Gormley play. It wasn't his best game.
He may still may be recovering from his injury as he really struggled
with the speed of the game.His decision making was not good.
However, that was only one game. No big deal.
Hopefully he has a better game next time.
Honestly, Gormely may have played his way off of Team Canada with that stinker.

hbk is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.