HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

ana/pit idea

Closed Thread

Old
11-11-2005, 06:15 PM
Randall Graves*

vCash: 500
ana/pit idea

Pittsburgh needs a defensemen, when Sandis Ozolinsh returns Anaheim will have 7 guys that should play.

My idea:

To Pit:
Ruslan Salei
3rd round pick

To Ana:
Ryan Malone

pens fans, i'd like to hear what you would be willing to trade.

Old
11-11-2005, 06:21 PM
fastfeet*

Dick Tarnstrom. I don't exactly know your needs of an offensive type defenseman but the Pens are in need of someone like Salei. We miss Kaspar...

Old
11-11-2005, 06:25 PM
Claypool*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyKiller
Pittsburgh needs a defensemen, when Sandis Ozolinsh returns Anaheim will have 7 guys that should play.

My idea:

To Pit:
Ruslan Salei
3rd round pick

To Ana:
Ryan Malone

pens fans, i'd like to hear what you would be willing to trade.

Keith Carney please.

and no.

Old
11-11-2005, 06:29 PM
hattrick74

way overpayment for pit, malone is young and is good, salei is older and probally at the peak of his prime

Old
11-12-2005, 12:47 AM
Varius

Carney is off to a pretty good year for the Ducks, posting some stats to go along with his main job of defending the Ducks' zone. I would have no problems keeping him at all.

However, for the sake of discussion, to get Malone, I'd propose this:

ANA: Tarnstrom, Malone

PIT: Carney, 1st rounder

Reason I don't offer for just Malone, is because Pens would add about 1.3 million in salary, something PIT fans in other threads told me is big NO. So looking at who we could take that would cover that, Tarnstrom at 1.6 mil seems to be the only target.

Tarnstrom could make Ozo tradeable (if anyone would have interest). He is cheaper and younger, but a pretty similar style of play with similar stats.

Malone though is of course the prize the Ducks get in this deal. He can become a good power forward for years to come, which I'm sure the Ducks wont mind at all.

Old
11-12-2005, 12:53 AM
Jacob

We have an overabundance of offensive-minded blueliners so I think if the Penguins make a trade someone like Tarnstrom or Jackman is going to be going the other way.

Jackman is nice because he's a bit younger, a right-handed shot, and plays physical. Tarnstrom is probably the guy that will get dealt but clearly that won't be anytime soon.

Ideally we'd be able to get back a young-ish right-handed defensive defenseman in the trade.

Old
11-12-2005, 02:21 AM
saba

Send a message via Yahoo to saba
What is with the Aneheim ***** for Malone. Once again for Salei a 3rd round pic 2006 and some KFC original recipe, take it or leave it. Stop trying to get Malone, Whitney, Orpick etc....

Old
11-12-2005, 02:35 AM
McDonald19
Hampus

To Pittsburgh: Salei

To Anaheim: 2006 2nd rd pick

That's the best I think Salei would bring, I wouldn't move him for a third round pick though.

If Anaheim could get a 2nd for Salei I'd pull the trigger and then recall either Rome or O'Brien to be in a 5th/6th d-man rotation with DiPenta and Marshall. Then let Marshall walk in the Summer and possibly drop DiPenta and definetly re-sign Carney.

Niedermayer-Carney
Ozolinsh-Vishnevski
Smid-Rome
O'Brien

Old
11-12-2005, 04:43 AM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varius
Carney is off to a pretty good year for the Ducks, posting some stats to go along with his main job of defending the Ducks' zone. I would have no problems keeping him at all.

However, for the sake of discussion, to get Malone, I'd propose this:

ANA: Tarnstrom, Malone

PIT: Carney, 1st rounder

Reason I don't offer for just Malone, is because Pens would add about 1.3 million in salary, something PIT fans in other threads told me is big NO. So looking at who we could take that would cover that, Tarnstrom at 1.6 mil seems to be the only target.

Tarnstrom could make Ozo tradeable (if anyone would have interest). He is cheaper and younger, but a pretty similar style of play with similar stats.

Malone though is of course the prize the Ducks get in this deal. He can become a good power forward for years to come, which I'm sure the Ducks wont mind at all.
I'd really hate to lose Carney, but if Burke can't get him to re sign I guess he would have to look at trading him.

Salei, Carney and Marshall will be UFA's, Smid will probably be ready next year and I like what Dipenta is doing so the ducks may likely only keep one of them...of course my preference is Carney.

Old
11-12-2005, 05:44 AM
Varius

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyKiller
I'd really hate to lose Carney, but if Burke can't get him to re sign I guess he would have to look at trading him.

Salei, Carney and Marshall will be UFA's, Smid will probably be ready next year and I like what Dipenta is doing so the ducks may likely only keep one of them...of course my preference is Carney.
From what I read somewhere (I think it was on here) someone said Carney was probably going to retire in Anaheim, he likes it there. So I think he wouldn't be too hard to re-sign if tht's true.

I also think if Salei continues his current play, Burke will try to keep him.

Marshall though I definately see being let go in the summer....I'm liking DiPenta so far too, I think I'd rather see Ozolinsh go. He is getting up there in age, and his salary could be better used elsewhere I think.

Old
11-12-2005, 10:50 AM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

I like Salei, but I wouldn't do it for either of the offers listed.

I'd definitely be willing to move Tarnstrom or Jackman for him, but not Malone.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Old
11-12-2005, 02:30 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Salei is an impending UFA.

I think his trade value, at this point in the season, is around why Lydman returned - a third rounder. The price will go up to a 2nd rounder or so at the deadline.

Either way, Ryan Malone is out of the question, IMO.

Old
11-12-2005, 03:25 PM
Lionel Hutz

As above, pulling Malone out of Pittsburgh is going to be a very tough sell. Salei is definately not enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
Salei is an impending UFA.

I think his trade value, at this point in the season, is around why Lydman returned - a third rounder. The price will go up to a 2nd rounder or so at the deadline.

Either way, Ryan Malone is out of the question, IMO.
I think this is pretty accurate.

Closed Thread